Author Topic: HIT WorkX - MARKUS REINHARDT  (Read 8702 times)

mrhighintensity

• Getbig II
HIT WorkX - MARKUS REINHARDT
« on: January 23, 2008, 10:20:14 AM »
Hi Guys - wanted to share some of my training Info here on HIT (High Intensity Training) - I have trained under the late Mike Mentzer and am now also training all my clients "the HIT way" here in Vegas as well as Online via my website. I will post some of my articles and training cycles as well as pics here - love to share some info and trade ideas.

HIT HARD! - MR
http://www.markusreinhardt.com

HIT HARD! - MR

natural al

• Getbig V
  • like it or don't, learn to live with it..whooooooo
Re: HIT WorkX - MARKUS REINHARDT
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2008, 11:27:51 AM »
Hi Guys - wanted to share some of my training Info here on HIT (High Intensity Training) - I have trained under the late Mike Mentzer and am now also training all my clients "the HIT way" here in Vegas as well as Online via my website. I will post some of my articles and training cycles as well as pics here - love to share some info and trade ideas.

HIT HARD! - MR
http://www.markusreinhardt.com

bring it...love the metzer stuff, that's you in that vid he did right before he passed away, right?
nasser=piece of shit

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2008, 11:34:59 AM »
Look forward to hearing more.

HIT can work sure, so do other protocols that IMO aren't as gruelling. The use of negatives in the video is an example of something effective that can be incorporated in training with or without HIT.

mrhighintensity

• Getbig II
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2008, 11:44:05 AM »
Look forward to hearing more.

HIT can work sure, so do other protocols that IMO aren't as gruelling. The use of negatives in the video is an example of something effective that can be incorporated in training with or without HIT.

Sure bud - I am starting to film all my video clips nbow IPOD ready too - my new site just got launched today!

As far as the negatives go - my actual set is very slow, emphasized on the most important part of the rep, ie. the negative - I sometimes incorporate Negatives to further stimulate growth -

I will post more info on how I train currently here soon.

HIT HARD!
MR
HIT HARD! - MR

mrhighintensity

• Getbig II
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2008, 12:08:42 PM »
bring it...love the metzer stuff, that's you in that vid he did right before he passed away, right?

Actually the Video still and youtube one I posted here is out of my newest BACK AND BICEPS DVD - the Video you refering to is Mike's last Video (THE HIT VIDEO). I dont actually sell Mikes video myself since it was produced my someone else. You might even find it here on Bodybuilding.com (Store)

HIT HARD!
MR
HIT HARD! - MR

jorgen

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2008, 04:50:17 PM »
Great to see this post!

More people should give HIT a try......I am a huge believer in Mentzer's philosophy of training.

mrhighintensity

• Getbig II
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2008, 08:44:32 PM »
Great to see this post!

More people should give HIT a try......I am a huge believer in Mentzer's philosophy of training.

I agree with you. I just have redone my entire site and will be loading it up with lots fo training tips and video clips about HIT - most people dont understand the intensity of a HIT workout and have not seen a proper HIT workout executed. It sounds funny when u tell someone to only do 1-3 sets per arms a week I know - I wanna  film all my workouts and create different routines from beginner to advanced - as well as inform people on the safety of HIT versus High Volume training as well. I also wanna make them available for downloads to your IPOD! so trainees can just take my advice straight to the gym with them.

Below is a Video of me in best shape after training with HIT (only 3 workouts at 20-30mins each!/per week) for about 12 weeks. Combined with a low calorie diet and cardio I got myself to 198lbs ripped and won my class in Musclemania which is a drug tested show.

Hope that inspires some of you...for any advice on HIT - please feel free to contact me via my website www.markusreinhardt.com

HIT HARD! - MR

natural al

• Getbig V
  • like it or don't, learn to live with it..whooooooo
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2008, 04:57:46 AM »
I agree with you. I just have redone my entire site and will be loading it up with lots fo training tips and video clips about HIT - most people dont understand the intensity of a HIT workout and have not seen a proper HIT workout executed. It sounds funny when u tell someone to only do 1-3 sets per arms a week I know - I wanna  film all my workouts and create different routines from beginner to advanced - as well as inform people on the safety of HIT versus High Volume training as well. I also wanna make them available for downloads to your IPOD! so trainees can just take my advice straight to the gym with them.

Below is a Video of me in best shape after training with HIT (only 3 workouts at 20-30mins each!/per week) for about 12 weeks. Combined with a low calorie diet and cardio I got myself to 198lbs ripped and won my class in Musclemania which is a drug tested show.

Hope that inspires some of you...for any advice on HIT - please feel free to contact me via my website www.markusreinhardt.com

I couldn't agree more with the "people don't understand hit' comments...
nasser=piece of shit

mrhighintensity

• Getbig II
« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2008, 07:57:33 PM »

Its ok - there is not a lot of "HIT footage" on real training bouts like that out there - I will change that....count on it.

MR

HIT HARD! - MR

jorgen

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2008, 12:53:44 PM »
Markus,

It is great what you are doing.  Do you ever stop and consider how the world of bodybuilding would have changed had mentzer won the 1980 Olympia?  I'll tell you what would have happened, HIT would have taken off big time.  I am sure this has been said before but I believe that Joe Weider basically told arnold to just show up to the olympia that year and he would guarantee him a win over mentzer.  This is all to preserve all of the brainwashed high volume nonsense that had been around for years and was making people and CONTINUES to make people in the industry a lot of money.  The fact is, Mentzer would have cost them money and in their mind would have been bad for the sport. They recognized this and quickly put and end to it by giving arnold first place But I digress..

I give you a lot of credit.  I have stopped trying to convince people to switch to HIT.  I was chuckling as I left the gym today and the dude working up front said to me "hey man, that was quick."  I said "Yeah bro, short and intense, just the way I like it."  I actually thought of your video right where you walk in and tell the guy at the desk that you are only going to be there for 15min.. Classic..

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2008, 05:26:47 PM »
I am convinced that HIT works well; however that it doesn't work without any direct supervision from someone who knows what they are doing. Trying to do HIT by yourself after having read 'instructions' won't do shit.
I hate the State.

davie

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2008, 07:22:58 AM »
I think HIT works fine. I tried A HIT variation b4, diet wasnt great so didnt gainalot of weight/size, but strength went up alot (which some people argue doenst happen with HIT). I was adding weight almost every workout.

I now a DC'er which has some of the intensity principles.

I agree u need at least a partner if not proper supervision from experienced HIT'er.

Ud find u d b pushed past what u thought u could do urself.

davie
It isn't the mountains ah

d0nny2600

• Getbig V
  • http://i.imgur.com/mCzI3N5.jpg
« Reply #12 on: February 27, 2008, 08:28:12 AM »
Markus,
Just want to say it's good to have you here. HIT does indeed work, Volume training also works, 10x10 programs work as do 5x5 programs. Your body will adjust to anything you throw at it and will eventually render your training program ineffective until you up the intensity and switch things around e.g. by going from volume to  HIT etc. Anyone saying that HIT doesn't work isn't doing it right. Anyone saying that volume training ala Arnold and Franco is a waste of time is obviously not training hard enough.

Do what works for you! I personally like to train with a variation of HIT as I have limited time in the Gym - just enough to stimulate growth.

A case example is Markus - look at the condition that this guy gets into. Tell me HIT doesn't work now!

Go team Pumpkinhead!

mrhighintensity

• Getbig II
« Reply #13 on: April 17, 2008, 10:49:48 PM »
Markus,
Just want to say it's good to have you here. HIT does indeed work, Volume training also works, 10x10 programs work as do 5x5 programs. Your body will adjust to anything you throw at it and will eventually render your training program ineffective until you up the intensity and switch things around e.g. by going from volume to  HIT etc. Anyone saying that HIT doesn't work isn't doing it right. Anyone saying that volume training ala Arnold and Franco is a waste of time is obviously not training hard enough.

Do what works for you! I personally like to train with a variation of HIT as I have limited time in the Gym - just enough to stimulate growth.

A case example is Markus - look at the condition that this guy gets into. Tell me HIT doesn't work now!

Go team Pumpkinhead!

Thx for the compliment bud ! - I am actually HITTING my way to the contest now - 9 weeks out from SuperBody in Miami and will be bring 220lbs on stage this time! - I wil be featuing a full training diary on my site with pics and Video clips - will also post some progress pics here for you all !

MR
www.markusreinhardt.com
(HIT Chat now weekly again!!!)
HIT HARD! - MR

Thealmightyronald

« Reply #14 on: April 17, 2008, 10:53:48 PM »
What would a good HIT program look like? What are you currently doing? I'm very interested in this.

mrhighintensity

• Getbig II
« Reply #15 on: April 18, 2008, 09:09:22 AM »
What would a good HIT program look like? What are you currently doing? I'm very interested in this.

Here is a sample of a current routine that I am doing. I have modified some things and am still experimenting - but the main thing is to only do ONE set per exercise and keep your exercise volume low - for me...I do around 3-4 exercises per muscle currently.

My current Chest routine/example: (taken from my training journal that is posted on my website)

Incline Hammer Press 2 warm ups with 90lbs/180lbs - then proceed to one hard set to failure plus some negative assisted work = 360x7 plus 3 controlled negatives !!!

Peck Deck Fly machine 1 warm up set, proceed to  one set to failure plus static hold to failure = entire stackx8 plus hold

Hammer Decline bench machine 1 warm up set, proceed with one failure set plus assisted negs = 180x8 plus 2 negatives

Cable Crossover (no warm up needed) finish off with one set of higher reps and lower weight at the end - still to failure of course = 65x17

This is the routine that I doing for chest right now and its been giving me great progress. I am able to increase weights and reps on a weekly basis. I will keep this up all the way till my contest. My chest never looked better then it does now!

MR
www.markusreinhardt.com

HIT HARD! - MR

YoungBlood

• Getbig V
  • Weee!
« Reply #16 on: April 20, 2008, 11:20:09 AM »

I understand HIT very well, at least versions of it.
The one thing I would have to see with ANYBODY's version of HIT, is what their entire workout/training cycle looks like.
If Markus has been training for 20-30min a week, and looks like the video shows....I want to know what he was doing prior to him training for a total of 20-30min a week.
Also, does he include warm-ups as sets? Or like Metzner, did he only do 3 sets of 405 on the BP for 6-8 reps, but the only set he counted was the fourth which contained negatives, partials, and so forth?

davie

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #17 on: April 20, 2008, 12:01:52 PM »
Heres what im doing next week:
Monday shoulders/back
military press 1x8 set to failure+assissted reps and negatives.Drop set straight away done the same way.
upright row,same as above without drop set.
bent over laterals,same as upright row.
cable laterals,same as above with no drop.

BB row 1x12
T-bar 1x12
pulldowns.Unlike the rows this in controlled like all shoulder work is,4 sevond negatives. 1x8
deadlifts 1x8

WEDNESDAY
chest/arms
incline bench 1x8 (same as military press)
machine bench 1x8
incline fly 1x8
decline press (optional)

Bb curl 1x8
concentration curl 1x8

CGBP 1x8
dips (BW)
pushdowns 1x8

FRIDAY
legs
squats 1x6
leg press 1x100, up the weight and do couple drop sets
leg raise 1x8
leg curl 1x12

SATURDAY
Same as monday.
Next week monday is chest arms etc etc.

When i say 1x8, i mean if i get 8 and havnt failed i keep going.slow negatives (4 seconds) on everything except rows/deads and squats.

davie
It isn't the mountains ah