Author Topic: Nasser is unique - True story  (Read 6066 times)

Tony Doherty

• Expert
  • Getbig IV
  • Pro Promoter
Nasser is unique - True story
« on: January 24, 2008, 06:34:30 PM »
I had the pleasure of working with Nasser on several occasions. We did a couple of Australian tours and I got to interview him many times. Firstly, Nasser has been telling stories for ever, he has not suddenly started attacking other pros. He is a great story teller and very funny in his delivery. His impersonations of Kovacs and others is spot on. I can confirm that Nasser does not do social drugs whatsoever. He likes a beer and that is it.

I won't comment on his other tales as it is not my place or style, however i will say that Nasser has a memory like an elephant, he remembers details and conversations that go way back. My friend Sonny thought very highly of Nasser and rated his physique as one of the all time greats. I remember Nasser was coming up through the ranks when Sonny recognized his potential. In fact it was Sonny's idea to get Nasser to Oz as a guest poser the first time.

There are at least 2 things I would like to clear up.

1.   Some people here (pumpkinheads) believe that Nasser is broke/poor/destitute. Let me tell you all, Nasser was laughing 10 years ago at all the pros with bling bling cars, expensive watches and Louis Vuitton luggage. He was on a very lucrative contract with Weider, he was guest posing almost every weekend and placing very high or winning most shows he entered. Through the mid 90s Nasser would have been one of the highest earning pro on the circuit. I remember even then, Nasser drove a Ford probe or something fairly plain. He was saving his money and investing wisely, more than any other pro I have worked with. Do the maths, he did not squander his money like others and I am sure it humors him to read about his finances.

2.  Nasser is actually very generous and kind, not for approval of others but because he is decent. Some examples.....
One night Nasser took some of my family members to dinner at a spanish restaurant. It was obvious that they were very poor, the family was at the back of the restaurant around a very small TV. When we left, Nasser went back in and I found out later that he gave them the biggest tip that they had ever seen. He never mentioned it to anyone, which I thought showed class.

3. One night at the end of a tour we drank some beers and I dropped Nasser off at his hotel, I was very tired and exhausted and had to be back to take him to the airport very early the next day. When I arrived the next morning he was ready to go, not tired or exhausted, which I thought was great as I was stuffed. He went on to tell me that he had not slept much and had in fact stayed up much of the night. He handed me a large envelope, saying this is for any fans that could not afford a photo or even a ticket to the shows. Inside were around a hundred 8X10s. All hand signed with a different message, a blank space for their names and all signed by Nasser. I thought this was incredible and I can tell you that over the following years thse photos made some fans very happy.

In twenty years of promoting shows I know that Nasser is the only pro to ever shout my family out for dinner, the only pro to go out of his way to help some poor people, the only pro to ever leave something free for the fans. 
(Note: Vince Taylor also left free signed photos for fans last year, Vince = class act!)

If you read this Nasser, thanks for the memories.

knny187

• Getbig V
Re: Nasser is unique - True story
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2008, 06:35:42 PM »
I wonder if he forgot that he liked to smack the wifey around

Rami

• Getbig V
  • One Hundred Percent
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2008, 06:55:07 PM »
Brutal...

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2008, 06:56:15 PM »
I wonder if he forgot that he liked to smack the wifey around

I wonder if he beat his wife because she stole his synthol?:)
X

bigbobs

• Getbig V
  • Islam, Nasser and Corvettes.
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2008, 07:06:22 PM »
Yeah I'm sure he really did abuse her -- is that why even after the divorce she travelled to San Diego to be at his hospital bed when he was there for quite a while in 2003, and she even eventually tried to get back together with him?  Pretty nice treatment by someone who is "abused"   ::)

TrueGrit

• Getbig V
  • Big dude...all the way big dude.
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2008, 07:09:59 PM »
I heard he stomped on her head when she accidentally dropped a vial of HGH.
O

knny187

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2008, 07:17:19 PM »
Yeah I'm sure he really did abuse her -- is that why even after the divorce she travelled to San Diego to be at his hospital bed when he was there for quite a while in 2003, and she even eventually tried to get back together with him?  Pretty nice treatment by someone who is "abused"   ::)

Thats how abused woman work dumbass

Pick up a book & read about it.

FLYLO

• Getbig III
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2008, 07:22:27 PM »

Babs
Just as I had stated to you before: "your reply is getting weaker and weaker on every post". You have no qualm about the seriousness of this fact.  Hmmmmmh...what does your girlfriend think of you buying a a woman-hating wife-beater's worn clothes? 

TrueGrit

• Getbig V
  • Big dude...all the way big dude.
« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2008, 07:26:41 PM »
I think it's going to be hard to explain women's rights to bob. In Muslim countries the women get jailed for being raped as they've bought dishonor on themselves.

Nasser beating his wife to a pulp for spilling a few vials of GH is not going to be a big deal to him.       
O

FLYLO

• Getbig III
« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2008, 07:30:31 PM »
I think it's going to be hard to explain women's rights to bob. In Muslim countries the women get jailed for being raped as they've bought dishonor on themselves.

Nasser beating his wife to a pulp for spilling a few vials of GH is not going to be a big deal to him.       

And both reports were two days apart.

wolfgang187

• Getbig IV
  • My power is discombobulatingly & devastating!
« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2008, 07:36:14 PM »
nasser is one of the few unselfish pros in the sport.

PANDAEMONIUM

• Getbig V
  • Scourge of the Northern Gods
« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2008, 07:38:00 PM »
nasser is one few unselfish pros in the sport.

English, please.

FLYLO

• Getbig III
« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2008, 07:39:24 PM »
nasser is one few unselfish pros in the sport.

And what sport is that?  The circulated fact about nasser in the industry isn't "unselfish".  try another....

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
  • Mel Gibson and Bob Sly World Domination
« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2008, 07:52:25 PM »
A true story from someone who knew the man himself.

Screw you pumkinheads.

Lamplighterx

• Getbig III
  • I support the Wizard of Truth
« Reply #14 on: January 24, 2008, 07:55:39 PM »
This is an excellent thread!
Nasser is no doubt a good man with a good heart
Proud to be a member of Team Nasser

FLYLO

• Getbig III
« Reply #15 on: January 24, 2008, 07:57:16 PM »
This is an excellent thread!
Nasser is no doubt a good man with a good heart

...with a short temper and iron fists...and drugged up.

AVBG

« Reply #16 on: January 24, 2008, 08:00:06 PM »
Tony, as someone who knew Sonny extremely well, who do you think was the stronger  friendship with Sonny - Milos or Nasser?

PANDAEMONIUM

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: January 24, 2008, 08:00:48 PM »
Usually I don't eat much of a breakfast.  But I do eat a big lunch.

FLYLO

• Getbig III
« Reply #18 on: January 24, 2008, 08:05:05 PM »
Tony, as someone who knew Sonny extremely well, who do you think was the stronger  friendship with Sonny - Milos or Nasser?

Nasser never made strong bonds with any of his fellow competitors.  That's one hint.

Tony Doherty

• Expert
  • Getbig IV
  • Pro Promoter
« Reply #19 on: January 24, 2008, 08:31:17 PM »

Stronger friendship, Milos.
Nasser he liked and admired.

Sonny found it very difficult to dislike anyone, he was genuinely good natured and could see good in everyone.

Livewire

• Getbig IV
  • I call Nasser.
« Reply #20 on: January 24, 2008, 08:37:03 PM »
Nasser called Palumbo an acromegalion

bigbobs

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: January 24, 2008, 08:41:11 PM »
This is what happened as Nasser just told me on the phone:

Shortly after the 2001 Olympia Nasser was guest posing in Germany and his wife called him asking for a divorce.  They had some disagreements at him always being out of town/country and her feeling neglected but he did not know it was this serious, so he told her to wait at home and that they would discuss it in person when he returns.  He came back to San Diego with his mother, and when he arrived at home lots of the furniture was missing but more extravagant there were police at his door who issued him a restraining order to not come within 90 yards of his wife.

You are not allowed to hire a private investigator while under a restraining order in California, so he got his parents to hire two private investigators to figure out what's going on.  From their research, it turned out that she had been cheating on him for a few years, and was currently with a second guy (the first one being for about 19 months).  Nasser owned a condo complex which his wife would manage, and for 19 months she was allowing one tenant she was seeing not to pay any rent.  Later she met another guy on the beach while walking Sato when Nasser was travelling like he usually did.  This guy worked out at the same gym as Nasser, and only lived 5 minutes away from him.  He found out all this information from the two private investigators.

Bisera (or Birjit), (his ex wife), got the restraining order put on Nasser in fear that he would try to find out what is going on and would then get evidence that she was cheating on him which would obviously contradict the case she was trying to fabricate against him that he was cheating on her.  Any woman who goes to a judge and says, "My husband is 320 lbs, he is on steroids and gets roid rage, he abuses me, I need a restraining order, etc." would issue one without any second though.  Actually most judges would issue one without second thought even for most guys regardless of their size.  It could happen to anyone.

During the court case she did try to complain that Nasser was abusing her.  Eight friends of Nasser's, including the late Trevor Smith and his wife Nancy Smith, testified in Nasser's favour by explaining how they are know the couple very well and have never seen any signs of abuse.  Also, Nancy Smith was a counsellor for battered women by profession, so she would not blindly defend Nasser against a cause she believes so strongly in.  However, the strongest evidence in Nasser's favour was that Bisera had NO physical signs of abuse.  Nasser's lawyer repeatedly asked her to produce even a shred of evidence or any medical records that she had been abused.  Bisera accused Nasser of breaking her wrist, among other accusations, yet was not able to produce any type of x-ray or anything to support that - obviously because it was a lie.  Other claims she made which she would have had some scars or evidence to show for (but she did not) were that Nasser broke her wisdom tooth and that he would hit bottles on her head.

We all know women often play the victim and fabricate stuff like this to get their way.  I'm sure it has happened to some people here on getbig.com where they may be at a nightclub and get into a disagreement with a random girl they meet and she ends up telling a bouncer that you grabbed her boobs or whatever and you get kicked simply over her world.  It could happen to anyone, just like it did to Nasser.  To futher Nasser's case, he also had much evidence of her affairs as was given to him by the PI's.

The abuse charges were DROPPED as there was simply no evidence of any. 

By March/03 she was no longer with the guy she was seeing and wanted to get back with Nasser, actually she begged him to get back together.  She lived a six hour drive away and drove down on Friday and left on Sunday for 8 weekends in a row to stay at Nasser's place and try to woo him into accepting her back.  Nasser was friendly with her and allowed her to stay in the guest room, however did not take her back. 

Nasser also said that all this (with more detail of course) is already drafted for his book.  He was not hiding anything and doesnt care that it came out in a different way.  In one of my first responses to this I said you could have just asked Nasser and he probably would have told you - he has nothing to hide.

Livewire

• Getbig IV
  • I call Nasser.
Nasser called Palumbo an acromegalion

PANDAEMONIUM

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: January 24, 2008, 08:43:38 PM »
This is what happened as Nasser just told me on the phone:

Shortly after the 2001 Olympia Nasser was guest posing in Germany and his wife called him asking for a divorce.  They had some disagreements at him always being out of town/country and her feeling neglected but he did not know it was this serious, so he told her to wait at home and that they would discuss it in person when he returns.  He came back to San Diego with his mother, and when he arrived at home lots of the furniture was missing but more extravagant there were police at his door who issued him a restraining order to not come within 90 yards of his wife.

You are not allowed to hire a private investigator while under a restraining order in California, so he got his parents to hire two private investigators to figure out what's going on.  From their research, it turned out that she had been cheating on him for a few years, and was currently with a second guy (the first one being for about 19 months).  Nasser owned a condo complex which his wife would manage, and for 19 months she was allowing one tenant she was seeing not to pay any rent.  Later she met another guy on the beach while walking Sato when Nasser was travelling like he usually did.  This guy worked out at the same gym as Nasser, and only lived 5 minutes away from him.  He found out all this information from the two private investigators.

Bisera (or Birjit), (his ex wife), got the restraining order put on Nasser in fear that he would try to find out what is going on and would then get evidence that she was cheating on him which would obviously contradict the case she was trying to fabricate against him that he was cheating on her.  Any woman who goes to a judge and says, "My husband is 320 lbs, he is on steroids and gets roid rage, he abuses me, I need a restraining order, etc." would issue one without any second though.  Actually most judges would issue one without second thought even for most guys regardless of their size.  It could happen to anyone.

During the court case she did try to complain that Nasser was abusing her.  Eight friends of Nasser's, including the late Trevor Smith and his wife Nancy Smith, testified in Nasser's favour by explaining how they are know the couple very well and have never seen any signs of abuse.  Also, Nancy Smith was a counsellor for battered women by profession, so she would not blindly defend Nasser against a cause she believes so strongly in.  However, the strongest evidence in Nasser's favour was that Bisera had NO physical signs of abuse.  Nasser's lawyer repeatedly asked her to produce even a shred of evidence or any medical records that she had been abused.  Bisera accused Nasser of breaking her wrist, among other accusations, yet was not able to produce any type of x-ray or anything to support that - obviously because it was a lie.  Other claims she made which she would have had some scars or evidence to show for (but she did not) were that Nasser broke her wisdom tooth and that he would hit bottles on her head.

We all know women often play the victim and fabricate stuff like this to get their way.  I'm sure it has happened to some people here on getbig.com where they may be at a nightclub and get into a disagreement with a random girl they meet and she ends up telling a bouncer that you grabbed her boobs or whatever and you get kicked simply over her world.  It could happen to anyone, just like it did to Nasser.  To futher Nasser's case, he also had much evidence of her affairs as was given to him by the PI's.

The abuse charges were DROPPED as there was simply no evidence of any. 

By March/03 she was no longer with the guy she was seeing and wanted to get back with Nasser, actually she begged him to get back together.  She lived a six hour drive away and drove down on Friday and left on Sunday for 8 weekends in a row to stay at Nasser's place and try to woo him into accepting her back.  Nasser was friendly with her and allowed her to stay in the guest room, however did not take her back. 

Nasser also said that all this (with more detail of course) is already drafted for his book.  He was not hiding anything and doesnt care that it came out in a different way.  In one of my first responses to this I said you could have just asked Nasser and he probably would have told you - he has nothing to hide.

haven't you already posted this in six other threads?

bigbobs

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: January 24, 2008, 08:54:03 PM »
haven't you already posted this in six other threads?

pumpkinheads like LiveWire keep reposting the same photoshopped pics, so everytime I see that I'm going to repost this too :)