Author Topic: Why do some "Christians" terrorize children with tales of hell?  (Read 10587 times)

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
Re: Why do some "Christians" terrorize children with tales of hell?
« Reply #50 on: February 02, 2008, 04:44:55 PM »
Every Kid is different.

Getting my kids to understand why i needed them to do something or behave a certain way worked for me. 

windsor88

• Getbig IV
  • Victim of the Drug War
« Reply #51 on: February 02, 2008, 06:22:13 PM »
Yeah, but
THey teach that damn 911 thing so early these days... >:(

lol

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #52 on: February 02, 2008, 07:01:26 PM »
lies.

they are afraid of their finite existence and are looking for a way out, when there is none.

nothing you say makes sense without twisting the truth. your acceptance of jesus is epiphenominal to your fear of death and the consequences of a godless existence.

you fear the truth, and using your mind.

You basically just called Beach Bum and me liars, something neither one of us take too kindly.

We know why we have the faith that we have. And your assertions (at least, with the two of us) about such are as false as they come.

And contrary to your opinion, truth is the LAST thing I fear. That is little more than the supremely arrogant (yet extremely false) skeptic mindset that anyone who is using their mind will reject their faith.

trab

• Getbig V
« Reply #53 on: February 02, 2008, 07:03:42 PM »
Every Kid is different.

Getting my kids to understand why i needed them to do something or behave a certain way worked for me. 

Yeah, Im just screwin' w/ yaAll.

My kid is well clued in on lots of the worlds BS and manipulations.

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #54 on: February 02, 2008, 07:15:31 PM »
You basically just called Beach Bum and me liars, something neither one of us take too kindly.

We know why we have the faith that we have. And your assertions (at least, with the two of us) about such are as false as they come.

And contrary to your opinion, truth is the LAST thing I fear. That is little more than the supremely arrogant (yet extremely false) skeptic mindset that anyone who is using their mind will reject their faith.

your god is not needed to explain anything in the universe or life. theres no good reason to beleive he exists,absolutely none.

you do lie, you lie about science all the time, ive witnessed your lies.

your god has no use in this life.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #55 on: February 02, 2008, 07:30:34 PM »
your god is not needed to explain anything in the universe or life. theres no good reason to beleive he exists,absolutely none.

Then, explain origin without him, something I've been asking you (among others) to do for MONTHS!!!!

you do lie, you lie about science all the time, ive witnessed your lies.

your god has no use in this life.

That's your "humble" opinion, one definitely NOT shared by millions of believers worldwide.

You can't "reason" God out of existence, and apparently that frustrates you to no end.

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #56 on: February 02, 2008, 10:58:09 PM »
Then, explain origin without him, something I've been asking you (among others) to do for MONTHS!!!!

That's your "humble" opinion, one definitely NOT shared by millions of believers worldwide.

You can't "reason" God out of existence, and apparently that frustrates you to no end.

So are Harvard and Oxford astrophysicists, looking for a godless explanation of the origin of things blithering idiots in your opinion, O Great MCWAY?
I hate the State.

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #57 on: February 03, 2008, 10:28:21 AM »

yes i can.

the universe is eternal, matter cannot be created nor destroyed hence it has always existed. there was no singularity in actuality. there goes your god, its provable in science also as its a law. i can reason your god out of existence easily.

since there is no need for creation, what does that leave your god to do?

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #58 on: February 03, 2008, 03:20:03 PM »
yes i can.

the universe is eternal, matter cannot be created nor destroyed hence it has always existed. there was no singularity in actuality. there goes your god, its provable in science also as its a law. i can reason your god out of existence easily.

It leads him to scream at a bunch of goatherders.
I hate the State.

Colossus_500

• Getbig IV
  • Psalm 139
« Reply #59 on: February 03, 2008, 05:39:14 PM »
So are Harvard and Oxford astrophysicists, looking for a godless explanation of the origin of things blithering idiots in your opinion, O Great MCWAY?
Trapezker, did you know that Harvard's origins come from the Christian faith?  Same as Brown, Princeton, along with other Ivy league schools.

The Master

• Getbig V
« Reply #60 on: February 03, 2008, 05:41:18 PM »
Trapezker, did you know that Harvard's origins come from the Christian faith? 

That aint relevant today and in this discussion numbnuts.

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #61 on: February 03, 2008, 06:47:49 PM »
Trapezker, did you know that Harvard's origins come from the Christian faith?  Same as Brown, Princeton, along with other Ivy league schools.

That's a fantastic non-sequitur. A really great one. What does that have to do with the price of beans? Nothing.
I hate the State.

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #62 on: February 03, 2008, 07:00:45 PM »

GOOD POINT you win, debate over god exists.

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #63 on: February 03, 2008, 07:10:28 PM »

GOOD POINT you win, debate over god exists.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA  ;D
I hate the State.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #64 on: February 03, 2008, 09:13:14 PM »
yes i can.

Do you realize what you've just said? You just claimed that the "universe" and "matter" have always existed and is eternal. Yet, you have a cow, when Christians claim the same about God.

It's a tad hard for man to prove that matter has always existed, since even by "goo-to-you-by-way-of-the-zoo" rules MAN HIMSELF has not always existed.

And, as I've stated before, it is man, who cannot create nor destroy energy. Those are natural laws. A supernatural deity, who is the source of such laws, can manipulate them as He sees fit.

You criticize others for believing in someone eternal, yet you believe in something eternal. So much for "logic" and "reason".

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #65 on: February 03, 2008, 09:25:39 PM »

Those would be your words, not mine. What you missed is the point that evolution was intentionally crafted for a godless explanation for life on this planet. But, don't take my words for it:

The reasonable view was to believe in spontaneous generation; the only alternative, to believe in a single, primary act of supernatural creation. There is no third position. For this reason many scientists a century ago chose to regard the belief in spontaneous generation as a "philosophical necessity." It is a symptom of the philosophical poverty of our time that this necessity is no longer appreciated. Most modern biologists, having reviewed with satisfaction the downfall of the spontaneous generation hypothesis, yet unwilling to accept the alternative belief in special creation, are left with nothing. - George Wald, The origin of life"  Scientific American   August 1954

A need or philosophical (NOT SCIENTIFIC) necessity to believe in spontaneous generation serves but one purpose: A blatant refusal to acknowledge the Almighty God.

I know Wald wasn't an astrophysicist, but he was from Harvard.  ;D

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #66 on: February 04, 2008, 04:14:36 AM »
Do you realize what you've just said? You just claimed that the "universe" and "matter" have always existed and is eternal. Yet, you have a cow, when Christians claim the same about God.

It's a tad hard for man to prove that matter has always existed, since even by "goo-to-you-by-way-of-the-zoo" rules MAN HIMSELF has not always existed.

And, as I've stated before, it is man, who cannot create nor destroy energy. Those are natural laws. A supernatural deity, who is the source of such laws, can manipulate them as He sees fit.

You criticize others for believing in someone eternal, yet you believe in something eternal. So much for "logic" and "reason".

The difference MCWAY is that there is firm, observable evidence for the scientific belief that matter and energy are eternal, yet none whatsoever for your goat herder god; he has never been observed or even demonstrated to exist. Scientists do not declare by fiat that matter and energy are eternal; they do experiments and analyse the results. You however simply decree that your desert backwater deity is eternal because it says it in your cobbled together 'holy' book; there is absolutely no analogy there.
I hate the State.