Author Topic: Treadmill recommendations...  (Read 1640 times)

Sean-DeMarco

• Getbig III
  • "A year from now, you'll wish you started today."
Treadmill recommendations...
« on: January 28, 2008, 09:12:56 PM »

....Wife and I are expecting our first little one this June. We're looking at getting a treadmill for the house. Does anyone have any recommendations? As far as brand, price, etc.? I'm open to any and all intelligent suggestions. Thanks in advance.~ 8)
~Sean-DeMarco

tomgreynolds

• Getbig II
Re: Treadmill recommendations...
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2008, 02:19:35 PM »
I like the LifeFitness treadmills, there are a lot of different kinds depending on your budget and needs.

Scroll down on this page-
http://us.home.lifefitness.com/content.cfm/treadmill_1

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
  • "Check my soundscan, Check my instagram"
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2008, 02:45:31 AM »
Yeah Life fitness is great, reliable and durable.

Titus Oates

• Getbig I
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2008, 04:42:27 AM »
The Carl Lewis ones are a good option - inexspensive and seem durable.

Cap

• Getbig V
  • Trueprotein.com 5% discount code= CSP111
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2008, 09:39:03 AM »
Squishy face retard

ConanCarl

• Getbig II
  • CD
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2008, 11:00:45 AM »
I HEAR YA ABOUT THE BABY-I JUST HAD 2 IN TWO YEARS -HAD TO PUT TREADMILL IN MY DADS HOUSE TO MAKE ROOM FOR A CRIB-AND BOUGHT A NORDIC TRACK BIKE IN CORNER OF MY ROOM LOL

wes mantooth

• Getbig IV
  • Dorothy Mantooth is a saint!
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2008, 11:27:25 AM »
ill chime in on LifeFitness as well. great products, good waranty, low maintenance. will you pay a little more?...yes. is it worth it? absolutely

when it comes to treadmills and elliptical trainers....you get what you pay for.....

NoCalBbEr

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2008, 05:23:40 PM »
I recommend a treadmill that is powered by a person instead of a power source. It's harder for a person because you power it. so, if a person doesn't go the treadmill doesn't go.

but my friends really like the proform treadmill

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2008, 07:28:01 PM »
I recommend a treadmill that is powered by a person instead of a power source. It's harder for a person because you power it. so, if a person doesn't go the treadmill doesn't go.

but my friends really like the proform treadmill
i prefer the powered ones, it keeps you moving, unless you press stop, i had a friend who had the manual ones there pathetic..he hung his clothes on it after 2 days of use

calmus

• Getbig IV
  • Time is luck.
« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2008, 07:33:08 PM »
If you weigh over 220, I recommend an elliptical trainer.  My knees feel much better now, and I almost never use my treadmill any more. 

I have a lifefitness trainer, and I recommend it.

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2008, 08:01:54 PM »
http://www.woodway.com/languageFlash.asp

Woodway's are great ~top of the line ~ but they cost a fortune.
:

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2008, 10:39:30 PM »
you get what u pay for, i rather pay once and get quality, warranty and piece of mind

wes mantooth

• Getbig IV
  • Dorothy Mantooth is a saint!
« Reply #12 on: March 07, 2008, 03:54:49 AM »
you get what u pay for, i rather pay once and get quality, warranty and piece of mind

bingo....

a sporting goods/ sears treadmill is fine.....if you use it for a 1/2 hour a day for a while...

but if there is ever a problem...youre on your own. an independant service provider will charge you $50- $80 and hour to fix that thing.

a quality tread is the better choice. go with a reputable company......

lifefitness
precor
woodway

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #13 on: March 07, 2008, 12:46:32 PM »

The prices range anywhere from seven to twenty grand!
:

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #14 on: March 07, 2008, 03:52:01 PM »
 I wrote this awhile back on this site.  Maybe it will be helpful.

Don't be fooled by horse power ratings.  What you want to look for is CHP not HP rating. That's continuous horse power rating.  You might see a treadmill that rates itself at 2.0 hp when it only has a CHP rating of 1.0 hp. 

You need at least 2.0 for a running treadmill.  2.75  CHP is what I recommend.  Good treadmills cost a lot.  Cheap treadmills break and feel like junk to run on.  Maybe walking is okay but you can instantly tell the difference when running.

You might be able to find a usable cheap treadmill for around $700-$800 but I doubt it.  One of the original running treadmills is Pacemaster.  They have a model that sells in stores for about $1700.  Another good brand is True. I own the cheapest one and it cost about $1800.  Lastly if you can afford it is Landice.  They are expensive.  All brands can have problems even the best mentioned.  You can put the odds in your favor though by buying quality. 

Don't be confused by treadmills talking about how fast they can go.  In general they all have the same speed claims.  My treadmill goes up to a 6 minute mile.  The incline goes up to 12 degrees. 

Also don't think you need a display board that looks like the control panel for a space ship.  Keep it simple.  You need a speed button and an incline.  My True model shows you running around a simulated quarter mile track that is the standard distance for Track.  You need to change between miles per hour and how many minutes it takes to run a mile.  No one in track says they are going for a 10 MPH run pace.  You will hear let's keep it at a 8 minute mile pace.  MPH is meaningless for serious runner.  It's a nice feature to have both on a machine.

Most guys using a treadmill on this site don't give a damm about running but just want to get ripped by doing cardio.  If you see yourself just fast walking on a incline a cheap  one might work.  If you like to run regular spent the money.  Walking fast on a treadmill on an incline is tough work. 

chainsaw

• Getbig IV
« Reply #15 on: March 18, 2008, 08:57:01 AM »
Precore 9.35i. 
Life fitness is great, this is less space.  Easy on joints
Most are all show no go!