Author Topic: Art Atwood speaks on the steroid case  (Read 7169 times)

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek
Re: Art Atwood speaks on the steroid case
« Reply #50 on: January 30, 2008, 04:06:13 PM »
Have mercy with Jay Moore - he's mildly retarded.

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #51 on: January 30, 2008, 04:10:31 PM »
Have mercy with Jay Moore - he's mildly retarded.
sad thing is that i don't think he is, he just seems like an asshole bully from watching the vids, picking up a loaded trap bar and throwing it from chest high.....oh brother. ::)

TrueGrit

• Getbig V
  • Big dude...all the way big dude.
« Reply #52 on: January 30, 2008, 04:13:35 PM »
They aren't just picking on bodybuilders - although bodybuilders are such rats they nearly always squeal and give everybody up. They are trying to stop people trading in and making fortunes off illegal drugs of all kinds and classes. The steroid business has, particularly in recent years, become intermingled with the recreational drugs scene with E being particularly prevalent. 

These aren't a few guys selling a tiny bit of dbol; this is drug dealers selling E, Coke and all the other assorted drugs doing the rounds. Much of it is garbage quality too.

I don't feel sorry for anyone getting caught making money selling this shit, particularly as most of it is fake or extremely low grade. It would help clean house if some of these guys started doing some seriously hard time for this shit.
O

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #53 on: January 30, 2008, 04:15:51 PM »
They aren't just picking on bodybuilders - although bodybuilders are such rats they nearly always squeal and give everybody up. They are trying to stop people trading in and making fortunes off illegal drugs of all kinds and classes. The steroid business has, particularly in recent years, become intermingled with the recreational drugs scene with E being particularly prevalent. 

These aren't a few guys selling a tiny bit of dbol; this is drug dealers selling E, Coke and all the other assorted drugs doing the rounds. Much of it is garbage quality too.

I don't feel sorry for anyone making money off selling this shit particularly as most of it is fake or extremely low grade. It would help clean house if some of these guys started doing some seriously hard time for this shit.
it isn't just bodybuilders who rat people out it's most people in general who get into some kind of trouble, it's human nature, facing prison time most people will fold and start talking, takes a special person with tremendous mental toughness and fortitiude to take the heat and shut his mouth.

TrueGrit

• Getbig V
  • Big dude...all the way big dude.
« Reply #54 on: January 30, 2008, 04:20:28 PM »
it isn't just bodybuilders who rat people out it's most people in general who get into some kind of trouble, it's human nature, facing prison time most people will fold and start talking, takes a special person with tremendous mental toughness and fortitiude to take the heat and shut his mouth.

Well I think some of the career criminals involved who get nabbed may possibly be more inclined to keep their mouths shut. Whatever the situation ..there has definitely been an increase in busts and interest from law enforcement since it moved into the recreational drugs scene and they started getting involved with E. The irony is that probably a quarter (stat plucked from my ass) of law enforcement uses/has used AAS.

The move into the recreational drugs and selling fake shit has brought these guys a lot more attention and I think that serves them right.
O

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #55 on: January 30, 2008, 04:25:36 PM »
Who's the one guy, Barry Bonds buddy I think, did a shitload of time and never squealed....Greg something??
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #56 on: January 30, 2008, 04:27:36 PM »
Who's the one guy, Barry Bonds buddy I think, did a shitload of time and never squealed....Greg something??
yeah but even he said something eventually and was released, plus you now Bonds paid him a lot of money to keep his mouth shut and he knew he wouldn't be in there long anyway.

Blockhead

• Toms
  • Getbig V
« Reply #57 on: January 30, 2008, 04:28:10 PM »
...Anderson.
?

Emmortal

• Getbig V
« Reply #58 on: January 30, 2008, 04:49:42 PM »
people in this country need to wake up, open their eyes and look at the things that are really going on around them, our country is being stolen from us by a government that takes a third of our income to redistribute to negroes, spics and other subhuman garbage to waste or to give to a military to continue killing people in other countries for oil interests and all you hear anymore is about how (insert name here) is taking steroids, who gives a shit?

x10000

Sadly, the American public won't wake up until the the very foundations of this country are crumbling around us.

Canada is looking sweet right now....

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #59 on: January 30, 2008, 04:49:48 PM »
yeah but even he said something eventually and was released, plus you now Bonds paid him a lot of money to keep his mouth shut and he knew he wouldn't be in there long anyway.
I thought he served the max time for his contempt? And I'm sure he was rewarded justly.

...Anderson.
Thanks, douche. :)
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Matt C

• Getbig V
  • The White Vince Goodrum
« Reply #60 on: January 30, 2008, 05:04:35 PM »
x10000

Sadly, the American public won't wake up until the the very foundations of this country are crumbling around us.

Canada is looking sweet right now....

Fighting steroids is a great idea right now.  Think about how sidetracked people will be when reading watching FOX news about which one of their favourite athletes is on steroids, rather than paying attention to real issues.  Squadfather's comment that there are more important things to worry about is on one hand an intelligent remark, but on the other hand, somewhat naive.  The POINT is that we pay attention to this rather than the other topics.  It's a way to divert our attention away from real issues.
Bodybuilding Pro.com

Matt C

• Getbig V
« Reply #61 on: January 31, 2008, 12:45:40 PM »
Bump.

Would you guys prefer to spend 20 months in jail and come out broke or spend 40 months in jail and come out with a million dollars?
Bodybuilding Pro.com

emn1964

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #62 on: January 31, 2008, 12:52:05 PM »
Bump.

Would you guys prefer to spend 20 months in jail and come out broke or spend 40 months in jail and come out with a million dollars?

you are an itdiot who obviously has no life experience at all.  my freedom is worth too much to sit in jail for nearly two years wasting away.  you think its a fuckin picnic?  spend just a week there and let us know how you like it tough guy.

Matt C

• Getbig V
« Reply #63 on: January 31, 2008, 01:33:15 PM »
you are an itdiot who obviously has no life experience at all.  my freedom is worth too much to sit in jail for nearly two years wasting away.  you think its a fuckin picnic?  spend just a week there and let us know how you like it tough guy.

No life experience other than years of military service, longstanding contributions to my university, and yes, I've been to jail.  I didn't say jail was a picnic.  I said 20 months of my freedom would be well worth one million dollars.  Also, Canadian jails and American jails are possibly a little different.

That's $1,647 a day.  Would you spend one day in jail for $1,647?  Would you spend one week in jail for $11,507?  The quality of life in a Canadian jail is higher than numerous other countries in the world.  With sound investment of one million dollars you could literally be free from having to work for the rest of your life.  Is being a slave to the corporate machine for your entire life a better alternative than 20 months in jail?  If that's how you feel, I suppose we will have to agree to disagree.  I would rather spend 20 months in jail and retire once I leave jail than choose the alternative.
Bodybuilding Pro.com

Luv2Hurt

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #64 on: January 31, 2008, 02:16:59 PM »
what i mean is that it's a joke that this bullshit is even in the news to begin with, we've got a war going on where were losing an average of 2-3 soldiers a day for 5 years with a trillion dollars wasted so far, thousands of illegal aliena sneaking across our borders every day unimpeded, a major US city still in ruins from a hurricane 2 and a half years ago and a "government" that steals 33 percent of your hard earned income to spend needlessly and this stupid shit is in the papers everyday, gimme a fucckin' break. ::)

As much as I hate ya, I love ya for this post  :D  It's perfect truth.

HowieW

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #65 on: January 31, 2008, 02:55:05 PM »
"I don't have much time to post on boards but obviously there is an outrageous attack on my reputation here.

I am filing suit against "Mike Brick" and the NY Times for slander and false information.

I have an idea where this came from. Somebody is trying to clear their name. It is NOT going to work.

Do not believe this article. Trust me, I would never sell anyone fake gear!
I have ALL the evidence needed. I have not "rolled" on seven bodybuilders, ESPECIALLY David Jacobs.
I will be posting the facts. I have all the documentation of the true facts. I even have the recorded video evidence.

I am fighting a huge battle indeed. Trust me, it is not about fake gear at all.
FYI, an informant does not give you (or mail you) your original REAL gear/powder etc... They confiscate the REAL product and give you fake stuff. It looks good at first glance, then they bust you seconds later.

I am truly AMAZED that a NY Times Reporter could print such false accusations.

I will be posting more. Give me a couple days to produce the evidence.

I appreciate all my friends who know the real story and truth behind this all. Thank you so much for your support!"

Art is a decent guy whom I was lucky enough to party with some when he came to the NPC La to guest pose a few years back ( the show he blew his knee out at when walking down the steps ...ouch).
I really don't care what kind of juice , fake or real that Art is being busted for.
The bottom line is that 99% of  the pros are involved with drugs that are ILLEGAL and under a lot of scrutiny NOW.
I don't think they should be illegal, but I don't make the laws. This is kinda like a road that enforces a stricter slower speed limit and many get tickets when driving on it. Sure, the speed limit may sound silly, but if it is the LAW, you take your chances when you drive too fast and may pay the fine.
The same hardcore folks, act like "what is up" when they get busted now.
The roid law is pretty dumb and lame but is the law of the land.
Kelly Ryan married well!  Free Titus!