Author Topic: chicken  (Read 1765 times)

muscle19

• Getbig IV
  • Lifes To Short To Be Small!!!
chicken
« on: January 31, 2008, 09:11:11 PM »
Hey bros, on a test prop cycle, trying to add few more pounds so my food intake is increased atleast on the whole food side. My question is if 4oz chicken as around 32 grams protein, would that be per cooked or post, I'd its it pre cooked, what would I Determain the protein content in it post cooked?
muscle

benz

• Getbig V
  • ٩(̾●̮̮̃̾•̃̾)۶ boo! ٩(̾●̮̮̃̾•̃̾)۶
Re: chicken
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2008, 09:12:43 PM »
Hey bros, on a test prop cycle, trying to add few more pounds so my food intake is increased atleast on the whole food side. My question is if 4oz chicken as around 32 grams protein, would that be per cooked or post, I'd its it pre cooked, what would I Determain the protein content in it post cooked?

Dont go that deep, if its 32, leave it as 32

muscle19

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2008, 09:28:50 PM »
If you measure, should I measure before or cooked?
muscle

windsor88

• Getbig IV
  • Victim of the Drug War
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2008, 12:54:44 AM »

If it is chicken eat till you puke.

ngm21084

• Getbig IV
  • D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2008, 04:45:42 AM »

ive always measured thawed out and precooked....and what kind of chicken are you eating??  the most ive ever seen claimed for 4 oz of chicken was 26 grams of protein...

busyB

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Have a Nice Day!
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2008, 06:57:17 AM »
32 seems high for 4 oz. More like 26-27 g.

When you cook meat, it will lose about 2 oz. off its pre cooked weight.

When you are on ANY kind of gear, protein is the most important food to consume.

ngm21084

• Getbig IV
  • D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2008, 07:44:50 AM »
32 seems high for 4 oz. More like 26-27 g.

When you cook meat, it will lose about 2 oz. off its pre cooked weight.

When you are on ANY kind of gear, protein is the most important food to consume.

thats what ive used for counting also that amount of protein is in a raw uncoked state...so that means if it weighs 4 oz uncooked then thats 26 grams know matter what it weighs after you cook it...thats my understanding anyways...

muscle19

• Getbig IV
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2008, 07:45:22 AM »
My protein has always been in the 300g per day but as I was looking on the web, they were stating that 4 oz had 32 of protein, but I always thought it had around 26 like said before. I'm just eating no chemical meat, ground chicken, its little cheaper than the smart chicken. I just want to consume more whole foods and take less protein powders.
muscle

busyB

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Have a Nice Day!
« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2008, 07:48:11 AM »
My protein has always been in the 300g per day but as I was looking on the web, they were stating that 4 oz had 32 of protein, but I always thought it had around 26 like said before. I'm just eating no chemical meat, ground chicken, its little cheaper than the smart chicken. I just want to consume more whole foods and take less protein powders.

Agreed, doing the same thing and limiting my shakes to post workout and before bed. If in a rush, will make my oats, udo oil and protein powder for my first meal..

32 for 4oz. is off bro, you are right at 26 g.

ngm21084

• Getbig IV
  • D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2008, 07:55:56 AM »
yea i also count 26 grams and as i am also trying to cut down on the shakes and right now im down to one pre and one post workouts...it is a little harder to eat that much but also cheaper

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2008, 09:00:16 AM »
1oz raw chicken breast:
kcl: 31
pt: 6.5g
fat: 0.4g

busyB

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Have a Nice Day!
« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2008, 10:29:31 AM »
1oz raw chicken breast:
kcl: 31
pt: 6.5g
fat: 0.4g

6.5 x 4 = 26 grams. Mystery solved ;D

muscle19

• Getbig IV
« Reply #12 on: February 01, 2008, 11:05:19 AM »
Thanks guys! I just hate buying so much powder every month, it adds up and I'm sure I can save more if I eat more whole foods plus my gains I think will improve when I get off all the shakes! Thanks fellas
muscle

ngm21084

• Getbig IV
  • D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
« Reply #13 on: February 01, 2008, 11:13:23 AM »
the only times that ive read you can benefit more from liquid protein ie shakes or raw eggs is immediately upon awakening or directly after your workouts....i split it up about half the time i cook 4 eggs and the other half i drink them raw and i alwas have a shake before workout and after mixed with some waxy and some bcaas to go with it

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #14 on: February 01, 2008, 01:12:39 PM »
Thanks guys! I just hate buying so much powder every month, it adds up and I'm sure I can save more if I eat more whole foods plus my gains I think will improve when I get off all the shakes! Thanks fellas
Actually bro, shakes are cheaper then whole food meals. If you shop around you can get good isolate powder pretty cheap (did I mention your powder should be isolate?). Add in some PB and you have a decent meal replacement and it is a meal that shouldn't cost more then $1...add in whatever carb source you need to put in there if needed and the price doesn't go up too much.

Big_Tymer

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • Team Huge Aryan Bastards With Muscle
« Reply #15 on: February 01, 2008, 02:35:42 PM »
www.calorieking.com

just type in chicken breast and it will give you options of cooked vs. uncooked, let you specify the weight and anything else to calculate its total nutrition data.

Monster81

• Getbig IV
« Reply #16 on: February 03, 2008, 01:05:31 PM »
i got this from flex mag

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: February 03, 2008, 01:12:43 PM »
it's always cooked, when you read the nutrition labels for meat it always means cooked meat, 1 pound of most COOKED meat= 100 grams of protein.

candidizzle

• Getbig V
  • Trueprotein.com 5% discount code= TRB953
« Reply #18 on: February 03, 2008, 01:19:21 PM »
dude if your running some gear FUCK 32 grams of protein....   you need to be pounding down as much lean chicken and beef as you can get.  your body can assimilate and synthesize fucking MASSIVE amounts of protein if you give it a reason to(hit the gym, bitch!).    without a high protein intake your gains rom the cycle are going to be all water weight and youll lose every pound of them when you come off.

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: February 03, 2008, 02:04:23 PM »
4 ounces of meat is pretty laughable i have to admit.

candidizzle

• Getbig V
  • Trueprotein.com 5% discount code= TRB953
« Reply #20 on: February 03, 2008, 02:20:43 PM »
yup. unless your dieting strictly as fuck and are eating every 1 and 1/2 hours..maybe every two....4 ounces really isnt even going to register in your metabolism.

benz

• Getbig V
  • ٩(̾●̮̮̃̾•̃̾)۶ boo! ٩(̾●̮̮̃̾•̃̾)۶
« Reply #21 on: February 03, 2008, 02:23:06 PM »
dude if your running some gear FUCK 32 grams of protein....   you need to be pounding down as much lean chicken and beef as you can get.  your body can assimilate and synthesize fucking MASSIVE amounts of protein if you give it a reason to(hit the gym, bitch!).    without a high protein intake your gains rom the cycle are going to be all water weight and youll lose every pound of them when you come off.

How can you be advicing him about his diet during a cycle if you have never run one? I say you are stupid

muscle19

• Getbig IV
« Reply #22 on: February 03, 2008, 02:46:31 PM »
I do run gear and I certainly don't eat only 4oz meat, I do measure pre cooked though, I take in about 1 pound chicken, powders, 16 eggs a day (only 2 yolks and the rest whites) and ill throw in meat too! I work 8-10 hours a day so shakes are VERY convient, it helps me meet my 300-350 a day! I usually keep my carbs around 100-150 a day. My goal is pure muscle, I don't like the bloat and extra fat, I believe someone can put on clean weight with a strict high protein, moderate carb and high healthy day diet! I use olive oils and nuts and some oils for my day intake! Keeps me full and energized for my workouts! Leaning up and putting on some weight!
muscle

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: February 03, 2008, 04:02:19 PM »
I do run gear and I certainly don't eat only 4oz meat, I do measure pre cooked though, I take in about 1 pound chicken, powders, 16 eggs a day (only 2 yolks and the rest whites) and ill throw in meat too! I work 8-10 hours a day so shakes are VERY convient, it helps me meet my 300-350 a day! I usually keep my carbs around 100-150 a day. My goal is pure muscle, I don't like the bloat and extra fat, I believe someone can put on clean weight with a strict high protein, moderate carb and high healthy day diet! I use olive oils and nuts and some oils for my day intake! Keeps me full and energized for my workouts! Leaning up and putting on some weight!
yeah i figured you were just using the 4 oz. as an example but yeah man that looks like a solid plan, looks like a good amount of food there.

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: February 03, 2008, 04:05:28 PM »
like i tell everyone if you have a Sam's or Costco FIND A WAY TO GET A MEMBERSHIP, i get a 6 pound package of FRESH chicken breasts for 14 bucks, a 3 pound package of Top round steak for 9 bucks and 36 eggs for 5.50, it's very reasonable if you do it right and you barely need any protein powder at all, the only thing i don't get there is ground beef, i like to get ground sirloin if i'm making something with ground beef and they don't carry it.