Author Topic: Do the Pros take 7-10 days to dehydrate before a show !!!  (Read 25483 times)

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Diet first, all else second
Re: Do the Pros take 7-10 days to dehydrate before a show !!!
« Reply #125 on: February 06, 2008, 11:59:53 PM »
in the second pic u look really good.Props.

Stavios

Re: Dude at MD saying the Pros take 7-10 days to deshydrate before a show !!!
« Reply #126 on: February 07, 2008, 07:21:41 AM »
in 1990 at my first show i was 207 at 5'9.5"  i think i may have looked better than later when i was mid 230's, so i guess i agree with gh15. 

rik

Looking great there !  :o

CigaretteMan

• Getbig III
  • Yum, yum, give me some!
« Reply #127 on: February 07, 2008, 07:36:17 AM »
I say it's bullshit, nobody need more than a day to lose the water

discuss

keep in mind, that guy think he is "in the know"  :D

What they do is this: one week out from the show, they increase water consuption. This causes levels of the hormone, aldosterone, to increase so as excrete the excess water. Two days out from the show, they stop drinking water, cut out Sodium and increase intake of carbs. Levels of alosterone take 3 days to return to normal, which combined with the deficit of Sodium, will cause them to drop water quickly and dramatically from under the skin. Conversely, the carbs will push the water inside the muscles making them look fuller - each molecule of glycogen is stored with 3 of water. Mind you, increasing carb consumption while not drinking water and having lots of aldosterone coarsing through your veins is very dangerous. You are already excreting water, and yet your muscle keep making water demands on you to store the glycogen. Being able to lose the water under the skin without losing the one stored inside it for contests is the the most important thing that separates the amateur from the pro bodybuilders, and it is the hallmark of the professional bodybuilder.

KillerMonk

• Getbig IV
  • Future President Of USA
« Reply #128 on: February 07, 2008, 07:57:37 AM »
  What they do is this: one week out from the show, they increase water consuption. This causes levels of the hormone, aldosterone, to increase so as excrete the excess water. Two days out from the show, they stop drinking water, cut out Sodium and increase intake of carbs. Levels of alosterone take 3 days to return to normal, which combined with the deficit of Sodium, will cause them to drop water quickly and dramatically from under the skin. Conversely, the carbs will push the water inside the muscles making them look fuller - each molecule of glycogen is stored with 3 of water. Mind you, increasing carb consumption while not drinking water and having lots of aldosterone coarsing through your veins is very dangerous. You are already excreting water, and yet your muscle keep making water demands on you to store the glycogen. Being able to lose the water under the skin without losing the one stored inside it for contests is the the most important thing that separates the amateur from the pro bodybuilders, and it is the hallmark of the professional bodybuilder.
Good Post.

Had a freind drink diet cola by the case a day, 2 days before competition he cut all fluids and he piss like a maniac,he said the caffiene was a natural diuretic as he was very concerned about taking a diuretic.He looked full and crisp onstage.
Arnold For President 2012.2016

Noel Fuller

• Getbig IV
« Reply #129 on: February 07, 2008, 08:10:33 AM »
ciggarette.......wrong

Noel Fuller

• Getbig IV
« Reply #130 on: February 07, 2008, 08:16:26 AM »
damn you would get a water bloated pig 50% of the time with that method cigarette not to mention if you did hit it right for prejudging the spillover 8 hours later would ruin the athlete for the night show.

KillerMonk

• Getbig IV
  • Future President Of USA
« Reply #131 on: February 07, 2008, 08:24:04 AM »
damn you would get a water bloated pig 50% of the time with that method cigarette not to mention if you did hit it right for prejudging the spillover 8 hours later would ruin the athlete for the night show.
How would a Pro get dry besides taking diuretics,my freind looked good with the caffiene approach but no where nearing a Pro.
Arnold For President 2012.2016

Noel Fuller

• Getbig IV
« Reply #132 on: February 07, 2008, 10:06:53 AM »
300$ and i will tell you

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #133 on: February 07, 2008, 12:26:47 PM »
300$ and i will tell you
That's cheap for "the secret". Why do you charge so little?

Colossus_1986

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #134 on: February 07, 2008, 12:28:29 PM »
That's cheap for "the secret". Why do you charge so little?

have you met many bodybuilders with more than 300$ to spare!?
not exactly the wealthiest fellows...

duh!! gotta compromise!

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #135 on: February 07, 2008, 12:43:48 PM »
have you met many bodybuilders with more than 300$ to spare!?
not exactly the wealthiest fellows...

duh!! gotta compromise!
If he's the best in the business, like he says, you'd think he would charge the highest prices. I don't really know what the pro advisers charge for the last weeks prep but that sounds cheap.

Noel Fuller

• Getbig IV
« Reply #136 on: February 07, 2008, 01:03:38 PM »
I charge 1000.00 for the diet and 300.00 to do the water. Thats for pros and locals. Pros also pay 10% of winnings . Its a fair price.

Mr Anabolic

• Getbig V
  • Better to die on your feet than on your knees.
« Reply #137 on: February 07, 2008, 02:40:26 PM »
What friggin idiot does lasix!?!?!?

So are you really Nikki Fuller's ex-husband? 

Noel Fuller

• Getbig IV
« Reply #138 on: February 07, 2008, 03:56:34 PM »
No shes my mom.

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #139 on: February 07, 2008, 05:59:18 PM »
No shes my mom.

Any pics that you can show us of past competitors?

Noel Fuller

• Getbig IV
« Reply #140 on: February 07, 2008, 06:10:44 PM »
sure ,you know who I trained...go look at the pics.

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #141 on: February 07, 2008, 06:24:39 PM »
sure ,you know who I trained...go look at the pics.

I've never heard of you and I'm being honest. Who are you?

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #142 on: February 07, 2008, 06:36:30 PM »
I've never heard of you and I'm being honest. Who are you?

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #143 on: February 07, 2008, 06:43:37 PM »

Thanks Van. This is honestly the first time that I have ever heard of Noel. Of course I'm not the celebrity either.  ;D Just kinda surprised since he acted like I should have known who he is and some of the people that he trains.

flexingtonsteele

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The new age pussy Punisher!
« Reply #144 on: February 07, 2008, 06:52:08 PM »
i dont know who he's trained other than mah ann mendoza and nikki fuller.

Who else have u trained?

And 1000 for diet, damn thats a lot, how do people afford that.

CigaretteMan

• Getbig III
« Reply #145 on: February 07, 2008, 07:51:01 PM »

And you're an expert because...? I'm just telling you what I've seen some guys do. Of course, if you're taking 400 miligrams of aldactazone on the day of the contest, then this is irrelevant, but drying out the hard way is the only way to go. Messing with your body's electrolyte balance by flushing Sodium and Potassium out is very dangerous.

Noel Fuller

• Getbig IV
« Reply #146 on: February 07, 2008, 08:31:48 PM »
Dave Hughes, Achim Albrecht, Blue Taylor, Brenda Raganot, Shelia Blech,Nikolia Yazinoffski, A contest with diet food suppliments and 8 months of prep is very expensive...for another 1000.00 I will bring the athlete in better condition than they have ever seen. I do contest prep as kind of a hobby..I run other businesses so my time is limited on how many athletes I can train.

Alex A

• Competitors
  • Getbig II
  • Alex Azarian
« Reply #147 on: February 07, 2008, 09:14:58 PM »
Dave Hughes, Achim Albrecht, Blue Taylor, Brenda Raganot, Shelia Blech,Nikolia Yazinoffski, A contest with diet food suppliments and 8 months of prep is very expensive...for another 1000.00 I will bring the athlete in better condition than they have ever seen. I do contest prep as kind of a hobby..I run other businesses so my time is limited on how many athletes I can train.

Noel Do i know you bro?  I see Nicki every day in the gym.  Shes your mom?????????????

By the way, lately i havent seen her, where has she been?
www.prepbyalex.com
national contender

CigaretteMan

• Getbig III
« Reply #148 on: February 07, 2008, 09:53:03 PM »

You know what, if you're not shitting about this I might hire your services. I have a contest coming up and I want to really dry out without dying. Do you prepare smokers ???

gh15

• Getbig V
  • angels
« Reply #149 on: February 07, 2008, 10:30:37 PM »
listen to me friends listen carefully ,,,

a bodybuilder who count on too much advice ,,never gets no where,,,you got to do yoru own thing and learn your own way ,,,no one knows your body better than you ,,,you dont get to the top unless you are the guro espexially in top compettiion,,

dont ever count on any one but yourself! and defenitely dont pay no 1000$ for nothing ,,go get your hormones it can buy you lots of good human grade hormones and some real duretics so you can nail it down like any other serious bodybuilder,,

gurus only exist on internet,,in reality it is you and your body your body and you with help in the drug department and only in the drug department but even that should be left for you individualy to decide whats best for you!

no guru will make you a champ unless you yourself is the guru ,,and i gave you heere plenty of years about 2 years i thin kor more ,,,of how to become this guru bodybuilder you need to become inorder to achieve sucess
fallen angel