Author Topic: Old Comission That ensured Truth In Sports/Celebrity Endorsements  (Read 666 times)

Moosejay

My father (68 years old) was recently telling me that back in the days of Mickey Mantle et al, if the Mick were to endorse, for instance, a certain type of breakfast cereal, there was an organization (government) that would act to ensure he was ACTUALLY eating that cereal. My father even said they would sometimes visit athlete's and celebrities homes to check that they had these products on hand.

If this is true (anyone ever hear anything like this), imagine if they tried this on bb's endorsements...

Mike

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
Re: Old Comission That ensured Truth In Sports/Celebrity Endorsements
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2008, 01:17:27 PM »
another AWESOME bodybuilding related thread. ::)

Moosejay

« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2008, 01:19:01 PM »
another AWESOME bodybuilding related thread. ::)

It is related to bb considering , in the latter part, I queried possiblities involving bb's. squad.

Buzz363

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2008, 01:37:34 PM »
A " Truth Commission " existed. Hard to believe but who knows? I think Mickey Mantle and most old time ball players were better known for smoking, drinking and chasing tail than serious training.

That being said the ability to stay out all night on booze and smokes, crawl out of some whorehouse in the morning and play in that days game says something about their athleticism.

Moosejay

« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2008, 01:50:23 PM »
A " Truth Commission " existed. Hard to believe but who knows? I think Mickey Mantle and most old time ball players were better known for smoking, drinking and chasing tail than serious training.

That being said the ability to stay out all night on booze and smokes, crawl out of some whorehouse in the morning and play in that days game says something about their athleticism.

Indeed it does!