Author Topic: PRIDE FIGHTERS RULE THE UFC!!!  (Read 6576 times)

MindSpin

• Getbig V
  • MMA > Boxing
Re: PRIDE FIGHTERS RULE THE UFC!!!
« Reply #25 on: February 05, 2008, 04:53:10 PM »
If Pride fighters haven't been impressive, why do they hold 3 of the 5 belts? What's that say about the level of ability of the UFC fighters? Not much unfortunately. When 2 mid-tier Pride fighters come over and annihilate the best in their division within their first 3 fights, then you know an organization is inferior.

Too bad, so sad Mindspin and Bluto.

I forgot that these two are renaissance men, they've done all and seen all, all while logging hour after hour bragging about it on a forum. Oh brother!!!! Love the meltdowns from you two. It's too easy!

Are you still going on about this ::)  It's just the internet man...calm down.
w

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #26 on: February 05, 2008, 04:55:02 PM »
Are you still going on about this ::)  It's just the internet man...calm down.

I didn't think it was any room left in his head since I've been filling it up for the last 2 years... but apparantely he managed to squeeze you in!  :D
Z

Eric15210

• Getbig IV
  • poor people are crazy I'm eccentric
« Reply #27 on: February 05, 2008, 04:55:22 PM »
Pride is dead
all UFC fighters now  ;D
RIP Bob Probert

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #28 on: February 05, 2008, 04:57:40 PM »
Pride is dead
all UFC fighters now  ;D

Some people can't let go... they miss the juiced up Pride fighters that without the Juice can't do shit... and they've seemed to have forgot all the terrible matchups over the years and the japanese retarded fascination for Giants... good thing UFC didn't sign THOSE fighters  ;D

For years we heard that Pride was in a different league compared to the UFC... turned out they wasn't and the Pride fans had been wrong all along.
Z

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #29 on: February 05, 2008, 05:02:09 PM »
Some people can't let go... they miss the juiced up Pride fighters that without the Juice can't do shit... and they've seemed to have forgot all the terrible matchups over the years and the japanese retarded fascination for Giants... good thing UFC didn't sign THOSE fighters  ;D

For years we heard that Pride was in a different league compared to the UFC... turned out they wasn't and the Pride fans had been wrong all along.

You can keep crying but in the end, Pride has 3 of the 5 UFC belts!!!!!!!

You can't refute it kid. Remember that as you smash your pillow and curse God for making you 5'4 110 pounds with gout before you cry yourself to sleep tonight.

MB_722

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith
« Reply #30 on: February 05, 2008, 05:03:32 PM »
for the [pride] fighters that have lost. seriously it isn't the end. Some have faired well some haven't one or two fights don't make a career.

Why should anyone let go of how great pride was? I'm glad I can't forget how great it was makes me cringe when I see what ufc is doing now. obviously i have to live with the ufc now.

UFC isn't perfect there is alot of room for improvement.

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #31 on: February 05, 2008, 05:04:07 PM »
You can keep crying but in the end, Pride has 3 of the 5 UFC belts!!!!!!!

You can't refute it kid. Remember that as you smash your pillow and curse God for making you 5'4 110 pounds with gout before you cry yourself to sleep tonight.

And there we saw him being UNABLE to reply to my post.

OWNED.

Game, Set and Match.

His only chance to TRY winning this is by going back, re-reading my post and give a proper reply. If he can't - the ownage stands.

He's pushed into a corner  ;D
Z

Eric15210

• Getbig IV
  • poor people are crazy I'm eccentric
« Reply #32 on: February 05, 2008, 05:06:17 PM »
Nog did not beat the real UFC champ  ;)
RIP Bob Probert

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #33 on: February 05, 2008, 05:08:15 PM »

True, and until he does he's not the champ IMO.

Surely the Pride fans must demand more from Nog (by many considered the 2nd best heavyweight in the world after fedor) than barely winning against Sylvia!

Z

MB_722

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith
« Reply #34 on: February 05, 2008, 05:08:27 PM »

he has the belt, thats all that matters.

didnt lennox receive a vacant title? or was that rahman?

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #35 on: February 05, 2008, 05:17:47 PM »
Randy got more tools in his toolbox. He finished Gonzaga standing. He dominated Sylvia for all 5 rounds (where as Nog had big problems with Sylvia)

Anderson did NOT make a name for himself in Pride.

You do not make a name of yourself by LOSING fights and fighting cans. Common sense to anyone but you.

wrong again blutOWNED randy has zero knockout wins he finished gonzaga with ground and pound

nog finished sylvia, randy couldn't finish sylvia even though he knocked him senseless in the first 8 seconds :)

yes anderson make a name for himself by losing in pride, ever hear of the Brooklyn Brawler? :D

E
E

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: February 05, 2008, 05:23:00 PM »
wrong again blutOWNED randy has zero knockout wins he finished gonzaga with ground and pound

nog finished sylvia, randy couldn't finish sylvia even though he knocked him senseless in the first 8 seconds :)

yes anderson make a name for himself by losing in pride, ever hear of the Brooklyn Brawler? :D

E

Hahahaha, jesus this is just getting embarrassing for Bluto. Trying to morph his arguments to his own perception, making up statistics and getting subsequently called out on them. Doesn't get any worse from the forum's biggest TUF fanboy!

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #37 on: February 05, 2008, 05:26:41 PM »

And Nog, even though he won, you can't have been impressed with his performance either - he got his ass kicked for 3 rounds by Tim Sylvia (!)

if you ever saw a nog fight OUTSIDE OF THE UFC you would know that he always takes beatings but always has his hand raised in the end

the sylvia fight looked like a typical nog fight, he's a legend and the UFC HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMP OF THE WORLD 8)

say what you want about cro cop, shogun etc

the fact is the greatest most exciting fighting organization ever has produced 3 current ufc champs 8) 8)

E
E

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #38 on: February 05, 2008, 05:29:04 PM »

E

What did you expect? For Randy to submit Sylvia? He only has four losses. Three of them by submission. Sylvia was closer to knock out Nog than he was to knock out Randy. Randy gave him a bigger beating than Nog ever did.

Gonzaga is no slouch on the ground, he's a BJJ black belt with tons of experience and won titles. Didn't stop Randy from taking him to the ground several times.

Last time Randy lost to submission was 7 years ago.
Z

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: February 05, 2008, 05:31:51 PM »
Hahahaha, now Bluto is making excuses to save his ass. Look kid, you got owned by Earl. Don't deny it, don't try to turn it around, you made a claim, it got completely refuted and destroyed. Live with it. I'm embarrassed for how badly you've been getting owned on here lately. Every day it's someone new ripping you apart, and you don't do anything to stop it. Have you no shame?

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #40 on: February 05, 2008, 05:35:21 PM »
if you ever saw a nog fight OUTSIDE OF THE UFC you would know that he always takes beatings but always has his hand raised in the end

the sylvia fight looked like a typical nog fight, he's a legend and the UFC HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMP OF THE WORLD 8)

say what you want about cro cop, shogun etc

the fact is the greatest most exciting fighting organization ever has produced 3 current ufc champs 8) 8)

E

1. I know Nog can take a beating. I've seen plenty of his fights. That doesn't change the fact that he looked terrible. It sure as hell wasn't his intention to eat Sylvias fist for three rounds. And it surely wasn't his gameplan to time and time again going for the takedown and failing. It sure as hell wasn't his intention to get as close to be knocked out, that maybe he ever has been.

2. As far as I know nobody ever said that there's not fighters in Pride that can take belts in the UFC, so what's the point in stating the obvious? Like you've been right all along, but the problem is you can't find anyone that's been wrong or that disagrees with you on that. So basically you're patting yourselves on the back for having the same opinion shared by everyone.  ::)
Z

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #41 on: February 05, 2008, 05:38:14 PM »
Hahahaha, now Bluto is making excuses to save his ass. Look kid, you got owned by Earl. Don't deny it, don't try to turn it around, you made a claim, it got completely refuted and destroyed. Live with it. I'm embarrassed for how badly you've been getting owned on here lately. Every day it's someone new ripping you apart, and you don't do anything to stop it. Have you no shame?

What are you talking about?
Z

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #42 on: February 05, 2008, 05:39:49 PM »
What did you expect? For Randy to submit Sylvia? He only has four losses. Three of them by submission. Sylvia was closer to knock out Nog than he was to knock out Randy. Randy gave him a bigger beating than Nog ever did.

Gonzaga is no slouch on the ground, he's a BJJ black belt with tons of experience and won titles. Didn't stop Randy from taking him to the ground several times.

Last time Randy lost to submission was 7 years ago.

my point is nog finished sylvia, randy couldn't do it even though tim didn't know what round it was ::)

and stop using the sherdog fighter finder for your "facts" :P

E
E

*ChuteBoxe*

• Getbig IV
« Reply #43 on: February 05, 2008, 05:43:21 PM »
What are you talking about?

Bluto getting ripped apart as usual, and the only thing he can reach for to bail him out is fight finder, and he can't even use that right.  Damn it's getting sad already.
Predictions
 40/61

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #44 on: February 05, 2008, 05:43:44 PM »

my point is nog finished sylvia, randy couldn't do it even though tim didn't know what round it was ::)

and stop using the sherdog fighter finder for your "facts" :P

E

But thats' a bullshit point because you're trying to say that nog is superior because he was able to finish him, but the fact is nog isnt the only one who submitted tim (if he was then there would be some merit to your point) and submissions is his achilles heel as he never been knocked out.

So you have no point.
Z

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #45 on: February 05, 2008, 05:51:57 PM »
But thats' a bullshit point because you're trying to say that nog is superior because he was able to finish him, but the fact is nog isnt the only one who submitted tim (if he was then there would be some merit to your point) and submissions is his achilles heal as he never been knocked out.

So you have no point.

yes a submission in the 3rd round is more impressive than a 5 round lay and pray decision

what makes you think randy is superior? his 16 - 8 record haha ;D

E
E

*ChuteBoxe*

• Getbig IV
« Reply #46 on: February 05, 2008, 05:52:59 PM »
Never been ripped apart on here. Not once.

I know you have though, more than anyone  ;D

NOBODY has been as brutally owned as you have, as we both know!

Who is this we, I unlike you have a pretty good grip on reality, and it's obvious you don't, I always knew you were a delusional sociopath, but your condition seems be getting so bad that you actually think you are always right and that you have never lost an argument when just about everyone on this board sees you as a moronic joke who couldn't argue his way out of a wet paper bag. 
Predictions
 40/61

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #47 on: February 05, 2008, 05:59:23 PM »
yes a submission in the 3rd round is more impressive than a 5 round lay and pray decision

what makes you think randy is superior? his 16 - 8 record haha ;D

E

Is it really? Especially considering how bad Nog performed up to that point? If Sylvia only lost twice, in 25 fights and both times by submission (meaning up to that time that's been his only weakness and only way to win against him) dominating him by something totally different (that never has been done before) for 5 rounds and winning by decision is quite impressive. Randy moving up to HW to take the fight was pretty neat too.

I think Randy has a good chance at beating Nog.
Z

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #48 on: February 05, 2008, 06:01:57 PM »
Is it really? Especially considering how bad Nog performed up to that point? If Sylvia only lost twice, in 25 fights and both times by submission (meaning up to that time that's been his only weakness and only way to win against him) dominating him by something totally different (that never has been done before) for 5 rounds and winning by decision is quite impressive. Randy moving up to HW to take the fight was pretty neat too.

randy has been knocked out and submitted

i think it's pretty neat how nog has never been knocked out or submitted 8)

E
E

*ChuteBoxe*

• Getbig IV
« Reply #49 on: February 05, 2008, 06:09:17 PM »

So then Fedor beating up Semmy Schilt for three rounds was impressive because everyone else at that point had just been taking him down and subbing him right?  I'm just curious because you said the exact opposite a few days ago hippocrite.  
Predictions
 40/61