Author Topic: Nasser's incredible back ( no seriously )  (Read 12514 times)

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
  • Mel Gibson and Bob Sly World Domination
Re: Nasser's incredible back ( no seriously )
« Reply #50 on: February 05, 2008, 05:47:09 PM »
Where'd Dorian's bicep go?  ???

SteelePegasus

• Getbig V
  • Life, death, in between is getbig.com
« Reply #51 on: February 05, 2008, 05:52:59 PM »
it is interesting that everyone agrees that a young nasser looks great but he got progressively worse as he played the size game

everyone except team nasser, which makes you question their objectiveness and thus every thread about nasser becomes pointless.
Here comes the money shot

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
  • Mel Gibson and Bob Sly World Domination
« Reply #52 on: February 05, 2008, 05:57:31 PM »
it is interesting that everyone agrees that a young nasser looks great but he got progressively worse as he played the size game

everyone except team nasser, which makes you question their objectiveness and thus every thread about nasser becomes pointless.

He got worse after 99.

But Nasser was one of the first bb'ers to be 270 ripped.. One of the first mass monsters. He set the stage for guys like Ronnie, Markus, Jay and others.

JohnnyVegas

« Reply #53 on: February 05, 2008, 05:59:44 PM »
He got worse after 99.

But Nasser was one of the first bb'ers to be 270 ripped.. One of the first mass monsters. He set the stage for guys like Ronnie, Markus, Jay and others.

Hate to break the news to you, but Jim Quinn was 10 times harder than Nasser at 290 lbs in the late 80's eraly 90's.

Lou was over 300 at the 92 and 93 O's.

Sumpa

• Getbig III
  • GetHUGE!
« Reply #54 on: February 05, 2008, 06:02:10 PM »

You forgot the IFBB-judges as well. And I think that their opinions are more important (to Nasser) than "everyone" in this thread.
Team Nasser!

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #55 on: February 05, 2008, 06:03:03 PM »
Hate to break the news to you, but Jim Quinn was 10 times harder than Nasser at 290 lbs in the late 80's eraly 90's.

they may have been harder but they lacked the detail to display that nasser did.

its part of why dorian looked so bad in many front shots.

he was hard but had little detail:
Flower Boy Ran Away

TrueGrit

• Getbig V
  • Big dude...all the way big dude.
« Reply #56 on: February 05, 2008, 06:08:26 PM »
There is no doubting that Nasser looked immaculate before he started playing the size game (which he had to as that's the way this circus has gone)

O

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #57 on: February 05, 2008, 06:11:53 PM »
All I can says is WOW to bad he couldn't get his back like this when he weighed 285 pounds , his back is the best I've ever seen it
His back is very good, but that look at that shot again. Damn fine calves. Extraordinary width and thickness. 

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
« Reply #58 on: February 05, 2008, 06:24:25 PM »
LOL I would love to hear how you apply the so called criteria and come pu with Nasser losing LOL

Nasser has 1000x better arms for starters, he has a thicker chest, better lats and taper, better quads.

dorian has better calves and nothing else.

lol  ::)

it shows how little you know that you can apply criteria and do it completely wrong LOL and get the exact opposite of what you should have come up with..

and then you go to the panel of famously controversial judges controlled by Joe Weider for comfort lol

::)

Thanks for proving my point when you have nothing cry politics  ::) but some how your hero escaped the same politics when he won lol great logic

kid go away and return when you have something of substance

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #59 on: February 05, 2008, 06:28:23 PM »
yeah, because all these threads showing dorian getting owned and owned and owned are 'nothing' ::)

there was no politics involved, none at al..

epic delusion thankfully only shared by your follower and bitch, Pubes aka England 1
Flower Boy Ran Away

TrueGrit

• Getbig V
« Reply #60 on: February 05, 2008, 06:31:25 PM »
ND and Hulkster - why do you guys continue this same argument? You post the same pictures and say the same stuff over and over. You're both clearly quite intelligent and (usually) articulate guys..why keep insulting each other over something you will clearly NEVER agree on.

It's like Groundhog Day..how much more time and energy can you guys spend fighting over men's bodies?
O

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #61 on: February 05, 2008, 06:34:59 PM »
yeah, because all these threads showing dorian getting owned and owned and owned are 'nothing' ::)

there was no politics involved, none at al..

epic delusion thankfully only shared by your follower and bitch, Pubes aka England 1

yeah because all of these people making baseless claims means anything , again you cry politics when it suits your case but when it comes to your hero he escaped unscathed  ::) you're always stuck in this retarded logic

again you see what you want and so do they the difference is it always contradicts the judges and when that doesn't fit your opinion then you can't possibly be wrong it has to be the system  ::) then type a few posts later how Ronnie dominated in 2001 LMFAO you're a hypocrite and an ignorant one at that

all you have left is personal attacks and excuses  ;)

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #62 on: February 05, 2008, 06:37:46 PM »
ND and Hulkster - why do you guys continue this same argument? You post the same pictures and say the same stuff over and over. You're both clearly quite intelligent and (usually) articulate guys..why keep insulting each other over something you will clearly NEVER agree on.

It's like Groundhog Day..how much more time and energy can you guys spend fighting over men's bodies?

Actually I stopped posting on the Truce Thread Ronnie Coleman conceded twice he would never be able to defeat Dorian Yates that renders anything he can say moot , here is his M.O. he hates the fact I crushed him and his ignorant opinion so he fellows me around like a puppy dog making personal attacks and looking for ANYONE who would disagree with me , me I just correct him and move on he needs my attention because he can't handle the fact he lost and he was wrong and he was proven wrong by his own hero.

TrueGrit

• Getbig V
« Reply #63 on: February 05, 2008, 06:51:30 PM »
Actually I stopped posting on the Truce Thread Ronnie Coleman conceded twice he would never be able to defeat Dorian Yates that renders anything he can say moot , here is his M.O. he hates the fact I crushed him and his ignorant opinion so he fellows me around like a puppy dog making personal attacks and looking for ANYONE who would disagree with me , me I just correct him and move on he needs my attention because he can't handle the fact he lost and he was wrong and he was proven wrong by his own hero.

Tbh I often agree with your take on things as you, like me, tend to favor the more traditional and aesthetic qualities over straight out mass packed on a frame that battles to sustain it. I just can't see the point in arguing over things that are to an extent subjective and with people who will never agree.
O

Lamplighterx

• Getbig III
  • I support the Wizard of Truth
« Reply #64 on: February 05, 2008, 07:46:20 PM »
I always considered Nasser's back to be pretty good
Everything flowed on his body and he def had a thick dense back
Proud to be a member of Team Nasser

bigbobs

• Getbig V
  • Islam, Nasser and Corvettes.
« Reply #65 on: February 05, 2008, 10:52:01 PM »

And how tall were they?  Nasser was the first person of average height, or below 6' tall to compete at 280 lbs hard and symmetrical.

bigbobs

• Getbig V
« Reply #66 on: February 05, 2008, 10:59:16 PM »
Why was Nasser the ONLY pro in the Olympia 96 to get a STANDING OVATION???  Was it because Dorian and Shawn's packages were better?   ::)

By the way Yates did not have harder legs than Naser - HE TORE BOTH QUADS, HIS RIGHT HIP (there is a long scar visible but mostly never shown, sometimes you can see it in his side chest pose).  And in the 1997 Olympia Yates also had a torn left biceps, so with multiple torn muscles he still looked better AND HARDER?  ???

By the way fresh torn muscles like Yates had when he tore his left triceps less the eight weeks before the 97 Olympia DO HOLD WATER.  Yates did not undergo triceps surgery before the 97 Olympia because he would not have made it, but he got signalled that he would win if he would retreat afterwards from further competition.

So with a torn biceps, torn triceps, torn left quad, torn right quad, torn right hip, etc Yates wins still with a perfect score in 1997?  All this counts less because of Nasser's "bad" back.

Also there was NEVER EVER any talk about Nasser's weak forearms since recently on getbig.com.  Huge Nasser's forearms HAVE NEVER BEEN CRITISIZED BY ANY OF THE JUDGES OF FLEX OR OTHER MAGAZINES.
By the way Yates' forearms looked relatively big because of his relatively smaller, then still untorn arm.

Forearms do not decide a Mr. Olympia outcome, and neither do calves otherwise most black guys except Dillett and Vince Taylor (who have great calves) would never place in the top of any show.  Nasser had much greater calves than standard, but you guys think with bigger forearms Nasser could have only then beat the field, but again, the calves do not count because they are less important than forearms?

Nasser, with ONE torn muscle would have never ever seen the top 6 ever again!!!

JohnnyVegas

« Reply #67 on: February 06, 2008, 12:04:12 AM »
And how tall were they?  Nasser was the first person of average height, or below 6' tall to compete at 280 lbs hard and symmetrical.

Jim Quinn was 6'1 and 290 in contest shape, MUCH harder than Nasser, no comparison on condition, Mike Quinn was as hard as Dorian or Gaspari were.

Nasser was 5'11, and 270, so Jim Quinn was much bigger on a height to weight ratio.

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #68 on: February 06, 2008, 02:02:54 AM »
Why was Nasser the ONLY pro in the Olympia 96 to get a STANDING OVATION???  Was it because Dorian and Shawn's packages were better?   ::)

By the way Yates did not have harder legs than Naser - HE TORE BOTH QUADS, HIS RIGHT HIP (there is a long scar visible but mostly never shown, sometimes you can see it in his side chest pose).  And in the 1997 Olympia Yates also had a torn left biceps, so with multiple torn muscles he still looked better AND HARDER?  ???

By the way fresh torn muscles like Yates had when he tore his left triceps less the eight weeks before the 97 Olympia DO HOLD WATER.  Yates did not undergo triceps surgery before the 97 Olympia because he would not have made it, but he got signalled that he would win if he would retreat afterwards from further competition.

So with a torn biceps, torn triceps, torn left quad, torn right quad, torn right hip, etc Yates wins still with a perfect score in 1997?  All this counts less because of Nasser's "bad" back.

Also there was NEVER EVER any talk about Nasser's weak forearms since recently on getbig.com.  Huge Nasser's forearms HAVE NEVER BEEN CRITISIZED BY ANY OF THE JUDGES OF FLEX OR OTHER MAGAZINES.
By the way Yates' forearms looked relatively big because of his relatively smaller, then still untorn arm.

Forearms do not decide a Mr. Olympia outcome, and neither do calves otherwise most black guys except Dillett and Vince Taylor (who have great calves) would never place in the top of any show.  Nasser had much greater calves than standard, but you guys think with bigger forearms Nasser could have only then beat the field, but again, the calves do not count because they are less important than forearms?

I don't know if this is true and assuming it was it proves nothing , Nasser was a fan-favorite he's the reason why a lot of guys get into bodybuilding because they want to be massive , ask any teenager if they want to be aesthetic and well proportioned and they'll look at you puzzled , Nasser used to be a very popular bodybuilder and just because of that fact doesn't mean he was the best bodybuilder

I never seen this long scar you're talking about and its not a matter of the muscles looking better per sa . and are you claiming torn muscles can't be hard? why not? hardness is just the absence of intramuscular fat just because the muscle is torn doesn't mean it can't be hard and it does obscure the muscle externally hence why his quad separation wasn't as good post tears

I wont entertain conspiracy theories and fantasy politics , Yates was signaled he would win , serious

I personally don't think he should have won in 1997 nevermind won with perfect scores but I'm only basing this on pictures and video , plenty of member on this site were there and claimed he won with ease

so there was no talk of it so they're not there? lol great logic , again when asked the question what about Dorian's ' missing left bicep ' my response was " what about Nasser's two missing forearms " just because it wasn't mentioned doesn't mean it's not being judged , again read the IFBB judging criteria it states the forearms are just as important as the biceps and if you're going to harp on Yates biceps one can just as easily point out Nasser's weak forearms and another flaws in symmetry just because it wasn't mentioned doesn't mean it wasn't judged , and Yates forearms looked huge because they are huge even pre-tear

No its not forearms ALONE again when assessing an overall shot these things come onto play , you people bitch about Yates' shorter biceps while ignoring Nasser's small unproportionate forearms , now couple that with his short legs and long troso and less than stella conditioning and this all combined is how one loses a pose although you think he's winning it , conditioning more often than not decides the outcome of a contest

and to quote the judges Dorian's torn bicep made NO overall difference what so ever , just because you think its a big deal they didn't and in the end thats all that matters is what they think.

James Blunt

• Getbig IV
« Reply #69 on: February 06, 2008, 02:19:41 AM »
1994 V 1997 you can see the drastic change in overall quality I mean his small waist is gone his glutes are super huge I always said he looked his best at 250 pounds
His head looksmuch different. . . Theres a new crease from ear to chin  ;D

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?
« Reply #70 on: February 06, 2008, 02:48:41 AM »
i agree, look at it like this, he won the NOC, won the Arnold twice and finished 2nd at the Olympia and most people think he won that show, he'll always be the uncrowned Mr. O.

No he didn't. He won it once, in 1999.

FullROM

• Getbig III
  • GetBig
« Reply #71 on: February 06, 2008, 03:23:25 AM »
All I can says is WOW to bad he couldn't get his back like this when he weighed 285 pounds , his back is the best I've ever seen it

Better than your idol Dorian.

bigbobs

• Getbig V
« Reply #72 on: February 06, 2008, 08:23:47 AM »

Jim Quinn was 6'1 and 290 in contest shape, MUCH harder than Nasser, no comparison on condition, Mike Quinn was as hard as Dorian or Gaspari were.

Nasser was 5'11, and 270, so Jim Quinn was much bigger on a height to weight ratio.

Actually Nasser was 5'11" and 289 at the 99 Arnold Classic, so that's more massively proportioned than Jim Quinn even if he was 290 at 6'1".  And I hardly doubt these "Quinns" were harder than Nasser otherwise more people would have heard of them!

Triple-H_2005

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • I mostly lurk...
« Reply #73 on: February 06, 2008, 08:34:48 AM »
Actually Nasser was 5'11" and 289 at the 99 Arnold Classic, so that's more massively proportioned than Jim Quinn even if he was 290 at 6'1".  And I hardly doubt these "Quinns" were harder than Nasser otherwise more people would have heard of them!
If you were awake during the 80s and 90s, you heard of them... ::)

JohnnyVegas

« Reply #74 on: February 06, 2008, 08:44:18 AM »

Nasser was NEVER 289 in contest shape. NEVER.

Listen bozo, we all worked out in the same fucking gym, day in and day out. Jim Quinn was in CONTEST condition year round, and he was always huge, and he DAWRFED even a smooth Nasser in the gym.

So since you were not there, and you have no first hand knowledge, and I do, I think I am more legit.

Hope this helps Boobs.  ;D