Poll

4 (28.6%)
10 (71.4%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Author Topic: The Beast's 2008 Contest Thread  (Read 84552 times)

The BEAST

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
  • She-Beast
The Beast's 2008 Contest Thread
« on: February 06, 2008, 09:19:46 AM »
So I suppose I could start a contest prep thread since I have started dieting for my 2 shows this year. 

My first show is May 3rd in Peoria Illinois...it is the Heart of America Natural Classic, www.hoanaturalclassic.co m.  I am very excited about this show and the overall winner earns a Pro Card.

My second show is the NPC Junior USA's.  The show is May 17th in South Carolina...

I did hire Dave Palumbo to help me with my diet, I am friends with Melissa D who recommended him...he has worked with many girls over the years and though not all are "natural" I think he has a great understanding of nutrition and physiques and so far think his diet is pretty kick ass.

Unfortunately he wanted me to start 16 weeks out...this Friday will be 12 weeks out which is when I had thought I was going to start...well I hired him 2 weeks ago and was supposed to be on the diet immediately but I had already had a trip planned for Mexico for 4 days which I just returned from this weekend.  Needless to say I was at an all inclusive, end of story.

My dieting is now in Full Force but I have also not taken any pictures...my digital camera broke and then my back up broke so I need to figure that out asap.  I have a backup backup that I am going to try tonight so I can get some pics up.

Unfortunately I am not sure I made any good gains in the off-season-it went so fast-but hopefully my chest will come in a little thicker, hamstrings a bit tighter and have a better horseshoe on my tricep...unfortunately I have neglected my calves so I am going to try and get better about that.

Yea...I am still in good spirits and am excited about my shows but I know this will fade as my diet puts a strain on me but as Lori will tell me....you can do anything for 12.5 weeks ;) 

Jennifer

ripitupbaby

• Getbig V
  • 2010 Olympia Pro Powerlifting Champ
Re: The Beast's 2008 Contest Thread
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2008, 09:41:03 AM »
YAY!  I'm psyched!  Damn girl, I wish I could be there with you in SC, but it's SUCH an expensive trip to Charleston.  I'll be there in spirit!  I'll try to find out who else is doing that show for you too.  You'll be a MW I assume? 

LOTS of pics please!!   ;D
And I'd love to see generally what you're diet looks like.  I personally don't think I can hang with the no carb thing, so I want to know how it goes for you, how you feel, etc. 

Where are you at now weight-wise? 
12.5 weeks is NOTHING sista, you can do ANYTHING for 12.5 weeks!!  I'm starting at 18 weeks out this year.   ::)

So you will be a crabby crankypants at the Arnold?  We'll have to fix that!  You'll be getting your cardio done on the dance floor with me!  I'll be the crankypants because you will be so much leaner than me, I will be jealous!
:)

Mazda323

• Getbig III
  • Guardian Angel
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2008, 01:09:41 PM »
Good Luck!!!

Keep on Rockin'!!!

Luv2Hurt

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2008, 01:30:30 PM »
Good luck Jen you will kick butt.  I think you will find on the type of diet DP does you NOT feel bad and cranky and you will have plenty of energy.  I think you may find it even easy, alright sort of LOL

Maybe i will have to check that show out in Peoria. Cool thread looking forward to it.  :)

Go BEAST!

bthomas77

• Getbig II
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2008, 05:59:31 PM »
Good look Ms. MB....

you will kick some major booty this year....for sure....

The BEAST

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
  • She-Beast
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2008, 09:15:26 PM »
Ewwwwww, hehehe 

well thanks for the encouragement but ugh you don't realize how "thick" you are until you put on your suit!!!

Pics from tonight, totally cold and we only took one round because my friend was a little rushed for time...I promise to work on my posing, for some reason my front pose is off...my arms are...

anyway you don't have to be nice just don't be too mean :)  I am dieting you know   ;D\

Jennifer

The BEAST

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
  • She-Beast
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2008, 09:16:45 PM »
more...
Jennifer

The BEAST

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
  • She-Beast
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2008, 09:18:07 PM »
one more...
Jennifer

bthomas77

• Getbig II
« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2008, 10:06:01 PM »
a couple of things.....

you are gonna rock

its awesome seeing that smiling face

your triceps already look much much better.....bigger....

and your BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACK....O MG!!!!!!

Luv2Hurt

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2008, 04:17:55 AM »
Really did a good job of not getting too heavy in the off season.  Can already see some muscle seperation.  Man you should do fine, just take it off nice and slow......yeah I mean the weight, I guess. LOL  And you should drop the fat and keep the muscle.

Rip, I think Im the originator of these kind of threads, right? LOL

Beast your smart enough to know this already but as this thread progresses there may be all kinds of people trying to help with advice.  You know you just need to really listen to a couple people your trainer and yourself.

ripitupbaby

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2008, 04:23:58 AM »
HA, yeah Luv, I think you were the first on this board.   8)
These are the best threads!

Jenny, you look fabulous, you're gonna kick ass.  I'm not sure your posing was off, it may have been your suit, it looks a little crooked.   ;)

Your back looks awesome girl, can you tell me how you got it so big and thick?!

OH...and you're HOT!!   :-*

Luv2Hurt

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2008, 04:32:14 AM »

These are the best threads!

That is the truth, it really dont get no better than when someone serious about a comp does a thread about it with pics.  Adds to the quality of board 100%  :)

michael arvilla

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • facebook.com/michael.arvilla
« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2008, 05:01:39 AM »
Quads "caught my eye" .................big and full

great work!!!...................youll do great im sure!

Butterbean

• Special Guests
  • Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: February 07, 2008, 06:17:22 AM »
I'm really excited about this thread!  Thank you so much Jen :)  You will do great!

Do you think you could post progress pics at least every week?

Oh, and lets see some vacation pics ;D
R

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #14 on: February 07, 2008, 10:57:47 AM »
It would be great if you could include your diet/supplementation and training regime as well.
:

Mazda323

• Getbig III
  • Guardian Angel
« Reply #15 on: February 07, 2008, 01:21:18 PM »
Marvelous and hot!

The BEAST

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
  • She-Beast
« Reply #16 on: February 07, 2008, 02:13:52 PM »
Thanks everyone...I will try to make frequent updates and I should have new pictures every week.

My back has always been one of my best features...a lot of pull-ups/different types and just basic heavy lifting...all stuff that I know you are doing :)  I will try to randomly post some of my workouts here as well. 

Dave, imo, wasn't impressed with the pictures (granted he probably thinks I have been strict with the diet for 2 full weeks) and he has upped my cardio to 6 times a week for 60 minutes.  Have I mentioned that on my last diet for Team U I did NO cardio?  Yes this is a bit different and sad.

My diet is pretty straight forward...5 meals a day...only carbs from green veggies and lean protein plus fats on the 3rd and 4th day...I don't miss the carbs as much as I had expected although I did just start but I am thinking it may just be easier to completely eliminate them so I don't sit and think about rice cakes and sweet potatoes all day long.  I guess only time will tell.
Jennifer

genex

• Getbig III
  • check out genex magazine on FTVideo.com!
« Reply #17 on: February 07, 2008, 03:47:46 PM »
Hey Jen, good luck with the prep - I'm sure you'll do great this year - can't wait!

flexingtonsteele

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The new age pussy Punisher!
« Reply #18 on: February 07, 2008, 05:54:19 PM »
good luck w/the prep, and good luck w/palumbo, he's one of the best ,so atleast you know you'll be ripped to shreds.

benz

• Getbig V
  • ٩(̾●̮̮̃̾•̃̾)۶ boo! ٩(̾●̮̮̃̾•̃̾)۶
« Reply #19 on: February 07, 2008, 05:58:39 PM »
What kind of music are you going to use with your routine? I am ripitupbaby's unofficial song searcher so she can finally suceed it @ stage.

Based on your beautiful solid rock body i say go with some rock for your posing routine and beat the hoes outta there!  ;D

The BEAST

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
  • She-Beast
« Reply #20 on: February 07, 2008, 06:29:19 PM »
hehehe I have an awesome idea (well atleast in my crazy head) of my routine and trust me it will be very ORIGINAL  :)

Don't know if I should share it because I love it so much...I do need to do some choreography for it though and someone to mix my music.  I always forget how quickly these 12 weeks will go...
Jennifer

PANDAEMONIUM

• Getbig V
  • Scourge of the Northern Gods
« Reply #21 on: February 07, 2008, 07:04:09 PM »
You're a very beautiful lady.

ripitupbaby

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: February 07, 2008, 07:21:11 PM »
I still can't get over the fact that you didn't do cardio for your Team U prep!  WTF were you eating?!  And now you have to do cardio with no carbs!   :o
I'm assuming Dave's got you doing low to moderate intensity?

I LOVED your routine music last year, so I'm sure whatever you have in mind will be awesome...and I'm sure you are gonna tell me since I won't be there to see it! 

Gotta admit though, benz has some decent taste in music.  I am giving some serious consideration to having him be my song searcher despite his comment about me finally succeeding on stage!   >:(

Luv2Hurt

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: February 07, 2008, 07:25:09 PM »
It would be great if you could include your diet/supplementation and training regime as well.

Agree this is a must. 

Show looks like fun a free Lee Haney seminar sounds pretty cool.

Blockhead

• Toms
  • Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: February 07, 2008, 07:58:21 PM »

Since you showed me yours...err, I mean...since I posted in yours you gotta post in MINE. (V-Boards).
?