Poll

4 (28.6%)
10 (71.4%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Author Topic: The Beast's 2008 Contest Thread  (Read 84556 times)

davidpaul

• Getbig V
Re: The Beast's 2008 Contest Thread
« Reply #100 on: February 22, 2008, 12:37:21 PM »
Well a big part of the reason we don't stay lean all year round is we have different goals then Kelly Ripa.  She is getting a fat paycheck for staying very lean and in the spotlight...we are trying to put on muscle and prepare our bodies and minds for the dieting season.  In my off-season I don't get completely ridiculous like putting on 50 pounds and even though I joke about being a fatty I am still well under 20% bodyfat even at my worse.  Normally I put on about 20 which allows me to eat pretty freely, train very hard and enjoy my life.  I actually like my off-season look, I love my butt when it is full and thick...I personally wouldn't want to look like Kelly Ripa in the on season or off season, I like all of my looks better then being very skinny.

Not that I don't enjoy my life when I am dieting but it is strict and regimented...the reason I diet so hard is for the ultimate goal of looking good on stage and competing...

These are all off-season shots...

One more thing....
Part of the reason you may think we look so bloated in the off-season is because most all of our pics are taken when we are at our leanest and dehydrated...the people with the prettiest on stage faces have the biggest/fullest/fatest faces off season regardless of being a bber.  People just get use to seeing them thinned out so it looks worse then it actually it.  We also just look bigger because of the underlying muscle even though we are leaner then an average person. 

Great pics.

danielson

• Getbig V
  • Basile likes young lads
« Reply #101 on: February 22, 2008, 02:05:57 PM »
E

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
« Reply #102 on: February 22, 2008, 02:12:36 PM »
Well a big part of the reason we don't stay lean all year round is we have different goals then Kelly Ripa.  She is getting a fat paycheck for staying very lean and in the spotlight...we are trying to put on muscle and prepare our bodies and minds for the dieting season.  In my off-season I don't get completely ridiculous like putting on 50 pounds and even though I joke about being a fatty I am still well under 20% bodyfat even at my worse.  Normally I put on about 20 which allows me to eat pretty freely, train very hard and enjoy my life.  I actually like my off-season look, I love my butt when it is full and thick...I personally wouldn't want to look like Kelly Ripa in the on season or off season, I like all of my looks better then being very skinny.

Not that I don't enjoy my life when I am dieting but it is strict and regimented...the reason I diet so hard is for the ultimate goal of looking good on stage and competing...

These are all off-season shots...

One more thing....
Part of the reason you may think we look so bloated in the off-season is because most all of our pics are taken when we are at our leanest and dehydrated...the people with the prettiest on stage faces have the biggest/fullest/fatest faces off season regardless of being a bber.  People just get use to seeing them thinned out so it looks worse then it actually it.  We also just look bigger because of the underlying muscle even though we are leaner then an average person. 

And you look amazing Jen. Plus, Lets not forget the millions of dollars Kelly Ripa or other stars with loads of cash and far too much time on their hands spend on plastic surgery, tummy tucks, buttocks reductions, etc, etc, etc.

danielson

• Getbig V
« Reply #103 on: February 22, 2008, 02:16:59 PM »
And you look amazing Jen. Plus, Lets not forget the millions of dollars Kelly Ripa or other stars with loads of cash and far too much time on their hands spend on plastic surgery, tummy tucks, buttocks reductions, etc, etc, etc.

Fwiw, my Kelly Ripa comparison had nothing to do with Beast or anyone in particular, just a general observation that for most of the year Kelly looks leaner than most female BBers, to me anyway.
E

ripitupbaby

• Getbig V
  • 2010 Olympia Pro Powerlifting Champ
« Reply #104 on: February 22, 2008, 07:25:28 PM »
:)

bthomas77

• Getbig II
« Reply #105 on: February 22, 2008, 07:47:52 PM »
and a nice guy.....though i dont think he was too sure about me talking to his woman....:P

all i know is....

THE BEAST IS HOT NO MATTER WHAT SEASON IT IS

same with rip....

Mazda323

• Getbig III
  • Guardian Angel
« Reply #106 on: February 23, 2008, 12:26:35 AM »
all i know is....

THE BEAST IS HOT NO MATTER WHAT SEASON IT IS

same with rip....

+1 to that!!! Hahaha ;D

tigereyes

• Pros
  • Getbig II
« Reply #107 on: February 23, 2008, 02:25:58 PM »
We couldn't look like what we do when we compete if we didn't look like what we do during off season (did that statement make any sense?)....in order to put on muscle, you have to be taking in extra calories, and you have to gain weight.  Without adding muscle, a bodybuilder (or fitness/figure competitor) would never be able to look like they do on show-day.  (Some fitness/figure competitors might be able to get away with it if they have been lifting for a long time, have "quality, mature" muscle, and are content with their physique...but most likely not bodybuilders)

Although Kelly looks "skinny"...I would doubt that her bodyfat is much lower than Beast's.  It is actually very unhealthy for a bodybuilder to maintain that leanness year round.  A lot of physique athletes look "big" in the off-season because we have muscle and then a small layer of fat on top of the muscle giving us that "off-season look"-- when in reality, our bodyfats are probably less than most "skinny-looking" people.

Besides, no one would ever build a physique or improve their physique if they looked stage ready year round.

DougSmith

• Getbig II
« Reply #108 on: February 23, 2008, 03:32:24 PM »
I have to agree with Tigereyes here,  who's statements always make sense by the way.

Kelly has a much lower muscle mass than Jen,  so that even if Kelly has less total body fat right now I doubt her BF% is much lower if lower at all.

Plus fat distribution is highly variable between individuals -  Kelly always has very cut arms,  but in a bikini her legs and abs do not show much definition.

Just to add one thing Tigereyes did not cover,  for women keeping a low  BF % all year round can lead to extensive bone loss, even with exercise.  This is much worse if they are natural because the loss in estrogen production is not replaced by aromatization of exogenous androgens.
Calcium supplements and nutrient supplementation can help but not much.

danielson

• Getbig V
« Reply #109 on: February 23, 2008, 04:30:08 PM »
We couldn't look like what we do when we compete if we didn't look like what we do during off season (did that statement make any sense?)....in order to put on muscle, you have to be taking in extra calories, and you have to gain weight.  Without adding muscle, a bodybuilder (or fitness/figure competitor) would never be able to look like they do on show-day.  (Some fitness/figure competitors might be able to get away with it if they have been lifting for a long time, have "quality, mature" muscle, and are content with their physique...but most likely not bodybuilders)

Although Kelly looks "skinny"...I would doubt that her bodyfat is much lower than Beast's.  It is actually very unhealthy for a bodybuilder to maintain that leanness year round.  A lot of physique athletes look "big" in the off-season because we have muscle and then a small layer of fat on top of the muscle giving us that "off-season look"-- when in reality, our bodyfats are probably less than most "skinny-looking" people.

Besides, no one would ever build a physique or improve their physique if they looked stage ready year round.

Wouldn't you rather look good and be able to wear your skinny jeans all year? Seems like a really big sacrifice lugging around all the extra weight.
E

tigereyes

• Pros
  • Getbig II
« Reply #110 on: February 24, 2008, 10:42:09 AM »
Danielson, it's a very good point, and many "normal" women would agree with you...but you must remember, we are competitive athletes, and our off-season building programs are part of our sport.  When I was a gymnast, did I like 7am morning conditioning? No.  But I did it because I knew it would make me better.  Do football players like 3-a-day practices in the heat of summer.  Probably not, but they do it because it prepares them for their season and makes them better.

It is a part of our sport, and it makes us better when we step on stage the next time.  And besides, most off-season physique athletes are still in better shape than 95% of the population.

The diet needed to compete is so much more extreme than what a typical "skinny" woman eats to stay "skinny."  There is no room for "moderation," or making up for a splurge by skipping a few meals, and the monotony of eating the same thing day after day, meal after meal is enough to drive someone insane.  A competition diet requires perfection (or close to it), and it is so physically and mentally draining, that after a long competition season, you just need a break.  And once you take that break, even if you are eating like a "normal, skinny" woman does, you will inevitably gain weight.

So, yes, I like being in competition shape, but I also like to be able to go out with friends and family and enjoy myself.  And no, right now I don't look like I do in my photos from the summer, but I also don't mind how I look now either.  There are benefits and disadvantages to both seasons......it's all just a part of the sport (and thats why it takes a special type of person to compete in our sport  ;))

And I don't think any of us fit into "skinny jeans" anyways....we all have too much muscle on our legs  ;)

danielson

• Getbig V
« Reply #111 on: February 24, 2008, 04:18:48 PM »
Beast do you want me to send you my baseball collection from when I was a kid? :)
E

danielson

• Getbig V
« Reply #112 on: February 24, 2008, 04:22:14 PM »
Danielson, it's a very good point, and many "normal" women would agree with you...but you must remember, we are competitive athletes, and our off-season building programs are part of our sport.  When I was a gymnast, did I like 7am morning conditioning? No.  But I did it because I knew it would make me better.  Do football players like 3-a-day practices in the heat of summer.  Probably not, but they do it because it prepares them for their season and makes them better.

It is a part of our sport, and it makes us better when we step on stage the next time.  And besides, most off-season physique athletes are still in better shape than 95% of the population.

The diet needed to compete is so much more extreme than what a typical "skinny" woman eats to stay "skinny."  There is no room for "moderation," or making up for a splurge by skipping a few meals, and the monotony of eating the same thing day after day, meal after meal is enough to drive someone insane.  A competition diet requires perfection (or close to it), and it is so physically and mentally draining, that after a long competition season, you just need a break.  And once you take that break, even if you are eating like a "normal, skinny" woman does, you will inevitably gain weight.

So, yes, I like being in competition shape, but I also like to be able to go out with friends and family and enjoy myself.  And no, right now I don't look like I do in my photos from the summer, but I also don't mind how I look now either.  There are benefits and disadvantages to both seasons......it's all just a part of the sport (and thats why it takes a special type of person to compete in our sport  ;))

And I don't think any of us fit into "skinny jeans" anyways....we all have too much muscle on our legs  ;)

I understand what you are saying, but to me it doesn't seem worth it. If I were a woman I would rather look svelte year round, not stage ready or anything, but you know what I mean.
E

ripitupbaby

• Getbig V
  • 2010 Olympia Pro Powerlifting Champ
« Reply #113 on: February 24, 2008, 04:27:03 PM »
I understand what you are saying, but to me it doesn't seem worth it. If I were a woman I would rather look svelte year round, not stage ready or anything, but you know what I mean.

Yes...but you are arguing with competitors who, for the most part, look damn good during their off-season.  And you're missing the point.    :)

danielson

• Getbig V
« Reply #114 on: February 24, 2008, 04:30:46 PM »

Yes...but you are arguing with competitors who, for the most part, look damn good during their off-season.  And you're missing the point.    :)

I am not arguing I am trying to understand for one and also help you ladies realize that if Kelly Ripa can be lean year round, then you girls can too, with a little willpower of course. You know I only brought this up cuz of a comment you made where you kind of said that Beast would have more fun when you two meet up cuz she would be leaner. I thought to myself that if being lean equals more fun(and according to my concert going buddy it definitely does ;D), then why not stay lean all year and have more fun ???
E

~flower~

• Getbig IV
  • D/s
« Reply #115 on: February 24, 2008, 04:32:20 PM »

unbeknownst to her, kelly ripa is not going to be stepping on a stage competing in a bb'ing contest

danielson

• Getbig V
« Reply #116 on: February 24, 2008, 04:34:05 PM »

unbeknownst to her, kelly ripa is not going to be stepping on a stage competing in a bb'ing contest

She is just an example. I watch her in the morning and notice how ripped she is, no offseason either! Will you send Beast your old baseballs too? :)
E

~flower~

• Getbig IV
  • D/s
« Reply #117 on: February 24, 2008, 04:43:14 PM »
Will you send Beast your old baseballs too? :)

Does Beast need some old balls? 

danielson

• Getbig V
« Reply #118 on: February 24, 2008, 04:44:50 PM »
  Does Beast need some old balls? 
She likes to play with old balls! :D
E

The BEAST

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
  • She-Beast
« Reply #119 on: February 24, 2008, 04:48:59 PM »
Tigereyes, I love you!  We seem to think nearly exactly the same...and you are sooooo right-we will NEVER fit into skinny jeans, or most normal jeans for that matter no matter what season it is!

Danielson, we are never going to agree about this because as we have all said...we are athletes first and it is part of this sport.  Again I would rather look the way that I look at any point in my year then how Kelly looks everyday, period.  I don't find skinny attractive, especially not for me.  This doesn't mean we still can't kid about being fatties, I would actually bet that even in the peak of my off-season I am leaner then Kelly normally is-she is probably just leaner then most others you will see on tv which is why it stands out.  

Thanks Playboy :)  

and Stella and Lori-hehe obviously he is a little older then me but at least he gets my bbing and my life which is hard to find.  Personally I think he is hot.  

Jennifer

The BEAST

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
  • She-Beast
« Reply #120 on: February 24, 2008, 04:50:07 PM »
Beast do you want me to send you my baseball collection from when I was a kid? :)

huh???

old balls??  I do like them aged....
Jennifer

danielson

• Getbig V
« Reply #121 on: February 24, 2008, 04:52:49 PM »
huh???

old balls??  I do like them aged....
It's just a line from Big Daddy. The kid always said the girl with the old boyfriend likes old balls. I was just playing.
E

The BEAST

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
  • She-Beast
« Reply #122 on: February 24, 2008, 04:53:57 PM »
New Pics from Friday.  Unfortunately didn't get to really lift with Shane but did meet him up at the gym.

I am 10 weeks out in the pics, my new suits are on the way
Jennifer

The BEAST

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
  • She-Beast
« Reply #123 on: February 24, 2008, 04:54:55 PM »
It's just a line from Big Daddy. The kid always said the girl with the old boyfriend likes old balls. I was just playing.

I should have gotten that because one of my best friends made the same joke...I blame it on the lack of carbs   ;D
Jennifer

danielson

• Getbig V
« Reply #124 on: February 24, 2008, 04:55:13 PM »
You look a little leaner already.
E