Author Topic: Celebrity Rehab Thread  (Read 24907 times)

~flower~

• Getbig IV
  • D/s
Re: Celebrity Rehab Thread
« Reply #150 on: March 06, 2008, 04:50:40 PM »
I'm all set to tape Tyra!

She is really annoying, but I'll do it for Celebrity Rehab!

danielson

• Getbig V
  • Basile likes young lads
« Reply #151 on: March 07, 2008, 05:34:20 AM »
First of all, Tyra is a repeat. I was thinking that since it is on the day after the finale that it was an update show, but it was actually a promo show that aired before the season, sorry about that. I didn't like the finale too much, it was a bit too sappy for my tastes. Plus it made it even more clear that most of them were there for reasons other than sobriety, i.e. money and exposure. I was glad that Shifty, Mary and Jessica went to sober living, but I think Dr. Drew put a little too much importance on it. 3 more months of sobriety will make it easier for them to stay sober probably, but they will still then have to deal with their real lives and the triggers that made them use. Hell, the others could have a 3 month head start on living a sober life that works for them in the real world by the time those 3 get out of sober living, although I would guess that most of them got lit up as soon as they got home. Good show overall, hopefully their is another season, but with the way they hung Daniel out to dry with his portrayal of the texting thing and the general portrayal of all them I don't know how many "celebrities" will want to be on it. Oh and one good point Dr. Drew made last night, I liked it when he said "if you had cancer you would take the time to deal with that right?". That made a lot of sense, good analogy Doc.
E

w8m8

« Reply #152 on: March 07, 2008, 10:16:50 AM »
I pretty much have the same thoughts as danielson ,I agree totally with his post.
It was sappy , I bawled like a baby at parts so I didn't focus on the entire show very well  :-[

I love Chyna , Ricco and Brigitte now along with Jeff.

Ricco turned out to be a decent guy , Chyna is just touching my soul somehow , and Brigitte seemed genuine.

I have little faith any of them will forever remain "clean" taking into consideration , lifestyle , and life in general . Not any of them seem to grasp the deeper meaning of being an addict.

Mary Carey is a mental case

~flower~

• Getbig IV
  • D/s
« Reply #153 on: March 07, 2008, 10:54:47 AM »

I fell asleep.    :(     My weekly benzo show of support did me in.

I will catch it on a replay this weekend.     ::)

Laura Lee

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #154 on: March 08, 2008, 07:02:49 AM »
First of all, Tyra is a repeat. I was thinking that since it is on the day after the finale that it was an update show, but it was actually a promo show that aired before the season, sorry about that. I didn't like the finale too much, it was a bit too sappy for my tastes. Plus it made it even more clear that most of them were there for reasons other than sobriety, i.e. money and exposure. I was glad that Shifty, Mary and Jessica went to sober living, but I think Dr. Drew put a little too much importance on it. 3 more months of sobriety will make it easier for them to stay sober probably, but they will still then have to deal with their real lives and the triggers that made them use. Hell, the others could have a 3 month head start on living a sober life that works for them in the real world by the time those 3 get out of sober living, although I would guess that most of them got lit up as soon as they got home. Good show overall, hopefully their is another season, but with the way they hung Daniel out to dry with his portrayal of the texting thing and the general portrayal of all them I don't know how many "celebrities" will want to be on it. Oh and one good point Dr. Drew made last night, I liked it when he said "if you had cancer you would take the time to deal with that right?". That made a lot of sense, good analogy Doc.
A couple things I disagree on here on your comment.  From knowing a couple alcoholics, it is my opinion that the longer the stay in a sober environment AWAY from the non sober environment of their present homes/lifestyles, the better chance they have at staying sober.  It is unfortunate that these people will have to learn to stay away from those they considered their friends (party people) and stay away from the things they found to have been "normal" prior to going to treatment.  Those who chose to not go to Sober Living most likely will have a far harder time adjusting than those who took the 3 month stay.  Don't get me wrong, I believe their true intentions are to get sober and stay sober and they think they are strong enough to do it themselves but for most the disease is so much stronger than the individual. 

And I'm not sure of your last comment regarding cancer was sarcastic or not (hard to tell from the quote) but I believe he's right.  They aren't looking at it like the disease it is.  It kills, and sometimes it not only kills the person using, but also innocent people too (ie: drunk/high driving).  If they were told they had cancer, you better believe they would go do what is necessary to get themselves healthy or prolong their lives.  A lot of people don't look at drug addiction or alcoholism as a disease (a deadly disease).
:D Weee

danielson

• Getbig V
« Reply #155 on: March 13, 2008, 03:09:07 PM »
Reunion tonight. Think any of them are still clean? I am guessing Seth is. That's it. The rest of them may say something like "well I had a small slipup, but I am fine" or something to that effect, but thats purely a guess. Maybe they will be like the VH1 dating shows and announce a part 2 tonight with the same cast? Oh, and hopefully Daniel shows up, that would be interesting.
E

w8m8

« Reply #156 on: March 13, 2008, 03:43:17 PM »
I'm so curious to see it , thanks for the reminder !!

~flower~ did you see the graduation yet ?

Geo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #157 on: March 13, 2008, 04:25:07 PM »
I have softball tonight....

gonna miss it !

>:(

~flower~

• Getbig IV
  • D/s
« Reply #158 on: March 13, 2008, 04:33:37 PM »
I'm so curious to see it , thanks for the reminder !!

~flower~ did you see the graduation yet ?

yeah parts of it, it was kinda boring.

I saw the Tyra show.  That was a repeat like Danielson said, but it was taped after Celeb Rehab was finished. 

michael arvilla

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • facebook.com/michael.arvilla
« Reply #159 on: March 14, 2008, 07:47:17 AM »
THoughts on the reunion show!?!?!??!??!?!??!?!?

Shifty "relasped"
China still won't admit she has a problem

thats all i got to see.................

danielson

• Getbig V
« Reply #160 on: March 14, 2008, 09:36:45 AM »
THoughts on the reunion show!?!?!??!??!?!??!?!?

Shifty "relasped"
China still won't admit she has a problem

thats all i got to see.................

Brigitte thought the show was about her, she wouldn't stfu. Not surprised they are all still using, at least Ricco and Brigitte are sober though.
E

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #161 on: March 14, 2008, 10:45:17 AM »
The reunion show brought credibility to the show imo.

Before I was thinking it was pretty exploitative and they were mainly shooting for ratings but it seems to have helped a few of them.

How about Jessica?  If she messes up she gets 10 years in prison?  What was her crime - I missed that part I think.

R

danielson

• Getbig V
« Reply #162 on: March 14, 2008, 10:46:55 AM »
The reunion show brought credibility to the show imo.

Before I was thinking it was pretty exploitative and they were mainly shooting for ratings but it seems to have helped a few of them.

How about Jessica?  If she messes up she gets 10 years in prison?  What was her crime - I missed that part I think.

I believe she got in another car wreck while high. I think Dr. Drew said she hit something in her car.
E

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #163 on: March 14, 2008, 10:50:13 AM »
Oh OK thanks danielson. 

Did Jeff seem like he was high on the reunion show to you?
R

danielson

• Getbig V
« Reply #164 on: March 14, 2008, 10:53:10 AM »
Oh OK thanks danielson. 

Did Jeff seem like he was high on the reunion show to you?

Well, 360 mgs. a day of Oxycontin is probably not very much to him so he still seems better than he was at the beginning of the show. He was still high though, he will never quit opiates.
E

Monster_Everything

• Getbig IV
  • WOW, he REALLY just said that? (looks at camera)
« Reply #165 on: March 14, 2008, 10:55:22 AM »
1 in ten wasnt too far off was it, considering that all of them have more motivation or fortitude than normal ppl cause thats what made them famous in the first place so 2 out of 10 isnt bad.... (Rico and Bridgette) Seth was the biggest crack head before and after the show and Seth probably had a really good time during his relapse..but who still does Ecstacy ?? hahha Mary Carrey still dances with her clothes off, that makes her a whore still. Jamie is a weed head for life (like me), , China is delusional...still needs to hit rock bottom (as they would say) before she can realize her disease, Jeff aint fooling nobody and looked like a half step away from death in the video, Jessica has some issues that may be too much to overcome, and Daniel prob. hates everyone cause it fucked up his marriage.

I thought it was a good show from start to end, i liked the cast and Dr. Drew is an awesome Dr. in his feild. Its so crazy how Jeff got the counseler dude into the 12 steps ....anyways, i hope they have another onee..i have a feeling that they will too.
The Number 2 in Scranton