Author Topic: Training WHen sick  (Read 1244 times)

Slintowin4424

• Competitors II
  • Getbig III
  • Seminar May 10 in brea message me for details
Training WHen sick
« on: February 09, 2008, 09:28:05 PM »
All day I have been sick I dont train sat or sun anyways right now because I am resting but how do you guys feel push through or rest and how about eating when sick force feed?

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
Re: Training WHen sick
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2008, 10:14:00 PM »
Before waging on through sickness, I always take into account its severity and duration.
Also, how does your body normally handle illness?
Do you normally recover fast, or are you the type that gets the sniffles one morning and is sick for the next 5 weeks?

If you feel well enough to train go ahead.
But if you feel like you’re getting worse, or if the thing just doesn’t want to go away, lay off, rest, and let your immune system do its job.

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2008, 10:45:52 PM »
All day I have been sick I dont train sat or sun anyways right now because I am resting but how do you guys feel push through or rest and how about eating when sick force feed?

Rest until you are completely recovered...you will thank yourself later.
I hate the State.

webcake

• Getbig V
  • Not now chief...
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2008, 01:42:44 AM »
Rest until you are completely recovered...you will thank yourself later.

Agreed.
I don't see the point in training if your sick. Your workout won't be 100%, so just rest till you feel better.
No doubt about it...

bigsteal809

• Getbig II
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2008, 10:49:10 AM »
I agree.. rest then when you feel better get back into it.

smaul

• Getbig IV
  • Lets build some hurting bombs!
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2008, 03:01:45 AM »
no point in training when you're ill.  You cant train properly and after that you can't recover properly.  Keep eating well, take your vitamins and stay out of the gym till you're better.
It hasn't helped...

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2008, 06:04:09 AM »
agree with the rest, take a break

it sucks especially if youre in a middle of everything going well, trying to make a PR or whatever but training while sick wont help (and i appreciate when people stay home so they dont go to the gym and let me catch their cold or whatever)  >:(
Z

dov

• Getbig IV
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2008, 08:30:53 AM »
neck up=train
neck down=do not train

Geo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2008, 09:03:16 AM »

the fact you even ask this question only cheapens those blue stars ron hands out

Slintowin4424

• Competitors II
  • Getbig III
« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2008, 05:13:31 PM »
the fact you even ask this question only cheapens those blue stars ron hands out

THose cheap blue stars will roll on your physique anyday.  Ron knows who I am infact he saw me win my overall title I earned my stars how about you man up and try to earn some of your own until then take your yellow stars and go sit and post another thousand worthless comments

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2008, 06:59:33 PM »

THose cheap blue stars will roll on your physique anyday.  Ron knows who I am infact he saw me win my overall title I earned my stars how about you man up and try to earn some of your own until then take your yellow stars and go sit and post another thousand worthless comments
Oh brother.  ::)

webcake

• Getbig V
  • Not now chief...
« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2008, 01:32:19 AM »

Calm down. He's just saying that it seems odd that a competitor would even ask a question like that.
No doubt about it...

jpm101

• Getbig IV
« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2008, 07:57:30 AM »
Have to agree with Geo. Just wonder how an experience BB'er, who won an overall title, does not understand his own body and use common sense. If sick..than take time off from any training until you get back to what you may consider normal. He has to have experience in the game by now to understand that much. And S4424 probably has a body that most here would envy. No offense to S4424 but his post sounds like it is coming from a 14 year old new-bee. Good Luck.

F

Slintowin4424

• Competitors II
  • Getbig III
« Reply #13 on: February 13, 2008, 01:51:19 PM »
I definetly know my body I put this up because knowledge is power my friends and everyone is different its good to get other takes on stuff,  doesn't mean that its going to change anything that I do.

kevcat

• Getbig IV
« Reply #14 on: February 18, 2008, 02:16:56 PM »
So why ask then if you're not gona take the advice??? ::)