Author Topic: To all Australians on Board: do you fear Great White Shark Attacks at the Beach?  (Read 7017 times)

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
Glory unto the greatest city on earth!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hate the State.

YiriSS

• Getbig II
Perth is the most isolated capital city in the world. A whole lot of nothing between here and the cities in the east. but we do have internet access and running water.

perth has some of the hottest and friendliest women in the world, i love visiting perth

way better women than melbourne or sydney and for those in the know ,yes ,better than the gold coast!

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?
gcb, what is the Australian position on immigration?  What is yours?

You should ask that question to Pauline Pantsdown

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
I love Australia; I have never been there but I love it....

;D
I hate the State.

Tazziedevil

• Getbig II
I come from Victoria but did a good stint in Perth, work was a plenty and the best city ive been to!!!!!!

calmus

• Getbig IV
  • Time is luck.
You should ask that question to Pauline Pantsdown

Who is Pauline Pantsdown? Australians have strange names.

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?
Who is Pauline Pantsdown? Australians have strange names.

Hehe I must have meant to type Pauline Hanson ;D

calmus

• Getbig IV
  • Time is luck.

That's not helping either......never heard of either one of them.

YiriSS

• Getbig II

;D

trapezkerl

you should come visit our country , then again you may never leave lol

KillerMonk

• Getbig IV
  • Future President Of USA
Lived in mainly Sydney my whole life, up in Queensland at the moment, a lady died near Maleny just north of Brisbane(Queensland)from a snake bite a few years back,Have heard of some great whites taking some divers mistaking them for seals a couple times in the last 5 years,very uncommon though.
Stood on a Redbelly blacksnake luckily i was wearing thick leather shoes on a hike in the sunshine coast, i was spared.
gcb, what is the Australian position on immigration?  What is yours?
Everyone is welcome, very strict on illegal migration but do it the right way your welcome.

RedNeck from Queensland stirring up the Hate campaign, racist bitch.

;D
Get your Visa and come on over it will take you atleast 6 to 12 months to see everything the place is that huge.
Arnold For President 2012.2016

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
trapezkerl

you should come visit our country , then again you may never leave lol

It's the only continent (apart from Antartica) that I haven't visited and though visiting wouldn't be an option I will consider it as a future place to live and work (only Sydney and Melbourne though)....

Having been a globetrotter for many years now I have grown to be very fond of the Aussie take on things...

If it only weren't so far away... :-\
I hate the State.

Tazziedevil

• Getbig II
If you want to backpack make sure you rent Wolf Creek at yr local video store.......

KillerMonk

• Getbig IV
  • Future President Of USA
If you want to backpack make sure you rent Wolf Creek at yr local video store.......
HaHaHa Sick movie.
Arnold For President 2012.2016

rocket

• Getbig V
  • Not a champion
It's the only continent (apart from Antartica) that I haven't visited and though visiting wouldn't be an option I will consider it as a future place to live and work (only Sydney and Melbourne though)....

Having been a globetrotter for many years now I have grown to be very fond of the Aussie take on things...

If it only weren't so far away... :-\

Its not that far away, its right under my seat

gcb

• Getbig IV
  • you suffer, why?
You guys forgot to mention the drop bears.

Honour

• Getbig IV
  • She's with me!

Oh hells yeah, for real it's the drob bears that will get ya, those things are crazy :o

calmus

• Getbig IV
  • Time is luck.

drop bears?

Mark1

• Getbig III
I'm in good ol Adelaide. Not worried about sharks, theres still plenty of whales on the beach too if you feel the need to harpoon one. :o

We seemed to have lots of tall skinny black dudes migrating here from Sudan or whereever they're from for a while but that seems to have slowed. Also lots of chinks are around these days. No longer see the signs on the bus stops thats says "Asians out" so they are becoming more accepted or we just realise we've been over run and theres no point.

Mark1

• Getbig III
drop bears?

Yeah they drop out of trees and rip you to pieces...

calmus

• Getbig IV
  • Time is luck.
Also lots of chinks are around these days. No longer see the signs on the bus stops thats says "Asians out" so they are becoming more accepted or we just realise we've been over run and theres no point.

They're probably hardworking people though?

Mark1

• Getbig III
They're probably hardworking people though?

Yeah they are and they take all the shit jobs we dont want.

AVBG

in Sydney.. not too many shark attacks here.. Lots in Sth Australia. ;)

Honour

• Getbig IV
  • She's with me!
drop bears?

Yeah they don't get much press overseas but they are the real threat over here, tear you a new ass mate :-\.

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
I've been stung by a bloody blue bottle at the beach. A form of jellyfish that sting like a bee but not deadly. One sting in 37 years. If you see them on the shore it is best to avoid a swim and have a perve, instead.

Foreigners are told about funnelweb spiders and there are some in and around Sydney here and there. However, I have never seen one except in a zoo. Ditto for snakes. I saw one on the road up in Byron Bay several years ago. I finally saw a small marsupial near Mount Wilson near Sydney. Otherwise, you seldom see any Kangaroos or Koalas unless you go to zoos or way outback.

Since you hear about sharks you do wonder about them when you go for a swim. I recall my first swim at Bondi in 1969. I got a bit concerned at every shadow I saw but they were just seaweed! If the sharks wanted to feed on humans no one would be safe. Most attacks happen when guys are spear fishing or riding boards and sharks mistake them for something else. No one has been taken by a shark at a patrolled beach in Sydney since the 1930s and in that instance the guy was spearfishing.

The beaches in Sydney are fabulous and there are at least 15 big beaches with fine sand. The beaches extend from the south way up the east coast to Cairns. Americans and Canadians are always impressed by what they find here. Too bad the locals cover their breasts now. About 15 years ago about 1/4 of women on some beaches went topless. Sydney has a couple of nudist beaches, too. So, if you like the water this is a great country to live in. There is no real winter in Sydney and there are flowers blooming every month of the year. The climate here is similar to northern Florida. Brisbane is on the same latitude as Miami. You can drive towards the equator north of Brisbane for another 1500 miles. This is a huge country.

No matter how long foreigners live here they aren't considered Aussies. I am an Australian citizen but don't think of myself as an Aussie. No matter, the Sheilas here love foreign accents. No wonder the local males hate Yanks, etc. Seems to be a lot of resentment for guys who spend a lot of money on women on days such as Valentine's Day. It is slowly catching on over here.

The Asians are impacting on Australia and I would bet that they will own the majority of businesses in the not too distant future. They shouldn't let Asians teach other Asians how to drive, though. That shows how the Aussies still view immigrants according to races and origins.

All in all it is a great place to live if you can afford it! It is expensive to travel to Europe or America and that is a bummer. Also the holidays here occur when it is winter in the Northern Hemisphere.

Sydney has about 4 million people and is one huge city. Traffic is heavy a lot of the time so it takes a lot of time to get around. The Gold Coast south of Brisbane is a rapidly growing area. And so it should be because it has beaches and mountains and subtropical vegetation and climate.

Mark1

• Getbig III
I've been stung by a bloody blue bottle at the beach. A form of jellyfish that sting like a bee but not deadly. One sting in 37 years. If you see them on the shore it is best to avoid a swim and have a perve, instead.

Foreigners are told about funnelweb spiders and there are some in and around Sydney here and there. However, I have never seen one except in a zoo. Ditto for snakes. I saw one on the road up in Byron Bay several years ago. I finally saw a small marsupial near Mount Wilson near Sydney. Otherwise, you seldom see any Kangaroos or Koalas unless you go to zoos or way outback.

Since you hear about sharks you do wonder about them when you go for a swim. I recall my first swim at Bondi in 1969. I got a bit concerned at every shadow I saw but they were just seaweed! If the sharks wanted to feed on humans no one would be safe. Most attacks happen when guys are spear fishing or riding boards and sharks mistake them for something else. No one has been taken by a shark at a patrolled beach in Sydney since the 1930s and in that instance the guy was spearfishing.

The beaches in Sydney are fabulous and there are at least 15 big beaches with fine sand. The beaches extend from the south way up the east coast to Cairns. Americans and Canadians are always impressed by what they find here. Too bad the locals cover their breasts now. About 15 years ago about 1/4 of women on some beaches went topless. Sydney has a couple of nudist beaches, too. So, if you like the water this is a great country to live in. There is no real winter in Sydney and there are flowers blooming every month of the year. The climate here is similar to northern Florida. Brisbane is on the same latitude as Miami. You can drive towards the equator north of Brisbane for another 1500 miles. This is a huge country.

No matter how long foreigners live here they aren't considered Aussies. I am an Australian citizen but don't think of myself as an Aussie. No matter, the Sheilas here love foreign accents. No wonder the local males hate Yanks, etc. Seems to be a lot of resentment for guys who spend a lot of money on women on days such as Valentine's Day. It is slowly catching on over here.

The Asians are impacting on Australia and I would bet that they will own the majority of businesses in the not too distant future. They shouldn't let Asians teach other Asians how to drive, though. That shows how the Aussies still view immigrants according to races and origins.

All in all it is a great place to live if you can afford it! It is expensive to travel to Europe or America and that is a bummer. Also the holidays here occur when it is winter in the Northern Hemisphere.

Sydney has about 4 million people and is one huge city. Traffic is heavy a lot of the time so it takes a lot of time to get around. The Gold Coast south of Brisbane is a rapidly growing area. And so it should be because it has beaches and mountains and subtropical vegetation and climate.

The gold coast and brisbane have taken off so has perth they say S.A  is next with the mining boom.. theres a few things happening in Adelaide but we're still way behind only good thing is its easy to get around.