Author Topic: Law Enforcement Appreciation  (Read 43856 times)

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
Re: Law Enforcement Appreciation
« Reply #125 on: June 16, 2011, 01:27:56 PM »
LOL!  You are trying too hard.   :)

No, I'm tired of your fucking mouth is all.

You don't like what I have to say, fine... but don't fucking lie.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #126 on: June 16, 2011, 01:32:15 PM »
No, I'm tired of your fucking mouth is all.

You don't like what I have to say, fine... but don't fucking lie.

Grow up.  Quit crying about stuff posted on a friggin message board.  This is not real life. 

And I will say whatever the heck I want.  HTH.   :)

Skip8282

• Getbig V
« Reply #127 on: June 16, 2011, 01:32:48 PM »
I've talked to at least a couple officers who told me they do get evaluated based on volume.  If you look at where some of the speed traps are set, it's so obvious that they are designed to generate tickets. 

Well of course they're going to set up speed traps to get the most amount of offenders with the least amount of effort - that's just smart, efficient work.

Like I said, don't know about highway patrol, but as for Dallas PD, they could care less.

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #128 on: June 16, 2011, 01:34:02 PM »
Grow up.  Quit crying about stuff posted on a friggin message board.  This is not real life. 

And I will say whatever the heck I want.  HTH.   :)

Yes.. it helps everyone understand the kind of piece of shit you really are.

Oh... ps. Meltdown.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #129 on: June 16, 2011, 01:38:06 PM »

Well of course they're going to set up speed traps to get the most amount of offenders with the least amount of effort - that's just smart, efficient work.

Like I said, don't know about highway patrol, but as for Dallas PD, they could care less.

Why would they need to get the most amount of offenders if it doesn't matter how many tickets they write? 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #130 on: June 16, 2011, 01:38:55 PM »
Yes.. it helps everyone understand the kind of piece of shit you really are.

Oh... ps. Meltdown.

lol  What are you like 16 years old?  lol

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #131 on: June 16, 2011, 01:40:17 PM »
Why would they need to get the most amount of offenders if it doesn't matter how many tickets they write? 

I think he means that it is more efficient, for example to set it up in an area where you are actually going to catch speeders, vs out in the middle of nowhere in a spot you might only see 1 car in a 3 hr period.  It's just efficient use of time and resources.  It's also more about deterrence than anything else.

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #132 on: June 16, 2011, 01:40:50 PM »
lol  What are you like 16 years old?  lol

I'm not the one talking shit... You're the one acting like a child.

Tu says this, Tu says that... blah blah blah.

You're a sad sad man.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #133 on: June 16, 2011, 01:44:29 PM »
I think he means that it is more efficient, for example to set it up in an area where you are actually going to catch speeders, vs out in the middle of nowhere in a spot you might only see 1 car in a 3 hr period.  It's just efficient use of time and resources.  It's also more about deterrence than anything else.

Perhaps.  I don't think many of the speed traps I see are about safety (although I agree they serve as a deterrent).  We have one notorious trap on the freeway, where the speed limit drops from 60 to 35 in an insanely short period of time, while you're still on the freeway.  Writing tickets in that area doesn't have squat to do with safety.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #134 on: June 16, 2011, 02:11:57 PM »
Not really.  I think we would see the same scenario in any major city.  

Not true - look at all the recent tornadoes and devastaton across the south and mid west.  No such similar behavior.   

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #135 on: June 16, 2011, 04:58:30 PM »
Problem is that its creating and inflaming the "us vs them" attitude to where regular people no longer care, trust, or give a damn bout the cops. 

We have no foot patrols whatsoever, but guess what?  We have cops hiding in corners at 8:30 am pulling over people on their way to work for bullshit. 

This is all creating an environment to where even law abiding citizens hate the police, myself included.  I really dont give a damn any more as I see the cops' priorities focused on revenue generation more than actually policing.

It took me a long time to come to this, but  when I see the average cop near me - all I see ia greedy govt employee whose sole purpose is to harass, enrich himsel with pension enhancements and OT, and protect the nanny state and insane level of taxation required to keep funding them. 

I'm not kidding, where I live, if we had no cops at all, no one would probably notice one bit.         

I had you pegged for being smarter than that... so you are right, we do fuck up  ;D

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #136 on: June 16, 2011, 05:08:13 PM »
I've talked to at least a couple officers who told me they do get evaluated based on volume.  If you look at where some of the speed traps are set, it's so obvious that they are designed to generate tickets. 

Police fall under different catagories. While you (not YOU but the general public) may see a "cop", what you may be looking at is a highway enforcement officer, or a S.T.E.P. patrol, or a D.W.I. patrol or just a regular patrol 911 call taker...

Under those different groups, there are different priorities or purposes..

Highway enforcement mainly patrols highways looking for 18 wheelers with safety violations, or driving infractions who mainly write tickets.

S.T.E.P patrol is regular officers on overtime assignments being paid by a federal grant to enforce different violations. It may be seat belt, or aggressive driving, or speeding. That is their main focus

DWI obviously mainly looks for intoxicated drivers

Motor Officers (motorcycle) mainly write traffic tickets or help with traffic collisions

Regular patrol officers respond to 911 calls for service, enforce traffic laws if they have time, and make arrests for various crimes.

So it really depends on who you ask as to the answer you will get. Patrol officers could not care less about writing a ticket and usually will only write the most blatant violations because they hardly have time to eat between calls.

Traffic enforcement mainly write traffic tickets and arrest on traffic warrants.. So while they do not have qoutas, if 9 of their co workers are averaging 15 tickets a shift, and Johnny is only writing 5, he will be asked why.   

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #137 on: June 16, 2011, 05:42:05 PM »
Not true - look at all the recent tornadoes and devastaton across the south and mid west.  No such similar behavior.   

They aren't similar disasters.  Joplin was somewhat similar, but on a much smaller scale.  I'm talking about when a disaster shuts down an entire big city. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #138 on: June 16, 2011, 05:43:43 PM »
Police fall under different catagories. While you (not YOU but the general public) may see a "cop", what you may be looking at is a highway enforcement officer, or a S.T.E.P. patrol, or a D.W.I. patrol or just a regular patrol 911 call taker...

Under those different groups, there are different priorities or purposes..

Highway enforcement mainly patrols highways looking for 18 wheelers with safety violations, or driving infractions who mainly write tickets.

S.T.E.P patrol is regular officers on overtime assignments being paid by a federal grant to enforce different violations. It may be seat belt, or aggressive driving, or speeding. That is their main focus

DWI obviously mainly looks for intoxicated drivers

Motor Officers (motorcycle) mainly write traffic tickets or help with traffic collisions

Regular patrol officers respond to 911 calls for service, enforce traffic laws if they have time, and make arrests for various crimes.

So it really depends on who you ask as to the answer you will get. Patrol officers could not care less about writing a ticket and usually will only write the most blatant violations because they hardly have time to eat between calls.

Traffic enforcement mainly write traffic tickets and arrest on traffic warrants.. So while they do not have qoutas, if 9 of their co workers are averaging 15 tickets a shift, and Johnny is only writing 5, he will be asked why.   

Makes sense.  Thanks for the clarification. 

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #139 on: June 16, 2011, 05:57:19 PM »
Makes sense.  Thanks for the clarification. 

And thanks for the support  ;)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #140 on: June 17, 2011, 10:56:54 AM »
Police Officer Saves Family from Burning Home
Monday, 13 June 2011 18:01 | Written by Lisa Tipton

Alertness and quick thinking helped an Early Police officer save the lives of a young family from their burning home on Lucas Drive early Saturday morning, according to Early Police Chief David Mercer.

Early Police Officer Steven Means was on patrol in the city of Early when he noted the smell of smoke in the area of Early Blvd. and Lucas Drive Saturday morning around 3:00am.  Means located the fire coming from the rooftop of a house in the 100 block of Lucas Drive and immediately called to have fire units dispatched to the fire.

Mercer said that Means began knocking on the door and initially didn’t get any answer; however he did hear the smoke alarms going off in the home but could not see any movement.  As he was preparing to make a forced entry into the home, he saw a female get up from a bed near the window.  Officer Means alerted the female of the fire and helped her, her husband, and their 9-month-old baby get out of the house.

Mercer said that Officer Stephanie Haile arrived to assist Officer Means and together they searched the house to make sure no one else was in the home and then removed the family pets.  The home was damaged, but not a total loss according to Chief Mercer.

“Steven did good and I don’t think he realized the fact that he probably saved their lives until he and I were discussing it,” stated Chief Mercer.  “He said he was just doing his job, which is what makes him a great asset for this department and city.”

http://www.brownwoodnews.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=5467:police-officer-saves-family-from-burning-home&catid=35:news&Itemid=58

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #141 on: June 17, 2011, 11:28:12 AM »
Your sister has been hurt a lot in the line of duty you said? Maybe she should find a new line of work... something she might be good at?

Like changing tires for sissies like you who can't?

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #142 on: June 17, 2011, 12:09:12 PM »
Like changing tires for sissies like you who can't?

I'm not the one "serving the public". I just call my auto-club... but that's ME.

Also, this wasn't about changing tires... It was about helping. My point was that my mother was stranded on the side of the road and a cop just rolled by her... didn't even ask if she was ok or anything. Just looked at her and left.

Sadly enough, I've stopped by a cop who was in an accident in his own personal car... I offered him a ride, but he turned it down after using my cell phone to call someone and  to wait for another deputy to file a report.

Then, as a kind gesture, I drove to his house and picked up his wife and brought her to the scene so she could see him and make sure he was ok.

No cop would ever do something like that...

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #143 on: June 17, 2011, 03:06:07 PM »
I'm not the one "serving the public". I just call my auto-club... but that's ME.

Also, this wasn't about changing tires... It was about helping. My point was that my mother was stranded on the side of the road and a cop just rolled by her... didn't even ask if she was ok or anything. Just looked at her and left.

Sadly enough, I've stopped by a cop who was in an accident in his own personal car... I offered him a ride, but he turned it down after using my cell phone to call someone and  to wait for another deputy to file a report.

Then, as a kind gesture, I drove to his house and picked up his wife and brought her to the scene so she could see him and make sure he was ok.

first, thanks for helping the guy out, that was nice. That the cop allowed a stranger to go to his house to pick up his wife is quite astonishing. I personally don't know of a cop who would do that but hey......

Having said that, your statement "No cop would ever do something like that.." rings hollow with me because I've done similar things many times over. I've let folks use my phone on many occassions. I've said no to the request depending on the situation but more than not, I've allowed them to block the number and call. I've driven people across the city on special occassions when they were stranded. I've done a LOT of good sumaritan things on a regular basis as a cop that frankly you would find hard to believe. The plain truth is holmes, you really don't have a clue what we do on a regular basis, I can say that because I read your posts, and I know what we do. You're statements rarely add up.

I've already caught you in one lie or embellishment, your credibility is pretty low as it is....

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #144 on: June 17, 2011, 04:55:16 PM »
first, thanks for helping the guy out, that was nice. That the cop allowed a stranger to go to his house to pick up his wife is quite astonishing. I personally don't know of a cop who would do that but hey......

Having said that, your statement "No cop would ever do something like that.." rings hollow with me because I've done similar things many times over. I've let folks use my phone on many occassions. I've said no to the request depending on the situation but more than not, I've allowed them to block the number and call. I've driven people across the city on special occassions when they were stranded. I've done a LOT of good sumaritan things on a regular basis as a cop that frankly you would find hard to believe. The plain truth is holmes, you really don't have a clue what we do on a regular basis, I can say that because I read your posts, and I know what we do. You're statements rarely add up.

I've already caught you in one lie or embellishment, your credibility is pretty low as it is....

That was hardly a lie or even an embellishment, unless you consider poor grammar a lie.

Your credibility is higher than mine? Why? Because you claim to be a police officer on a message board?

I use my real name... I'm not the one hiding anything.

Skip8282

• Getbig V
« Reply #145 on: June 18, 2011, 08:43:47 AM »

I've had a cop help me out like that, taking me right to my house, but it's certainly not their priority.  And I haven't seen any outpouring of public concern that cops should be doing that type of work.

In my area, they have public safety officers (basically they get the uniform without a badge or gun).  They drive around in the cop cars and the like and they do stuff like your describing.  Maybe that's a happy middle ground?

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #146 on: June 18, 2011, 10:33:54 AM »
Updated: 06/14/2011 1:32 PM
Created: 06/13/2011 5:06 PM KSTP.com
By: Katie Fraser
St. Paul Police Officers Awarded Top Honors

A St. Paul police officer was awarded 2011 Police Officer of the Year award Monday, June 13.

Officer Dave Longbehn, a 27 year veteran of the force, was chosen for the award by the Minnesota Police and Peace Officers Association.

Longbehn was chosen for his role following a fatal assault of  Maplewood police officer Sergeant Joe Bergeron. Longbehn played a key role in catching the suspect and closing the case.

Longbehn, a K9 handler, was called in on May 1, 2010 to help search for the man who killed Bergeron. He was assigned to help secure a perimeter around St. Paul's East Side.

Upon securing it, he confronted a man that happened to be the suspect.

They engage in physical fight where the suspect was repeatedly hitting Longbehn in the face with a metal toolbox and telling Longbehn he was going to kill him.

During the struggle Longbehn was able to get to his feet and end it by fatally shooting the suspect.

He was given the award for the lives he saved and the injuries he endured.

Another St. Paul officers was given honors on Monday.

Officer Jason Giampolo was given Honorable Mention for helping save the lives of a man and his family in a semi-truck accident. The semi-truck had hit an high voltage electric pole leaving wires all over the street. Giampolo saved the life of one man when he realized he was being electrocuted and he safely removed the wires and sheltered the mans head from convulsions with his own uniform shirt.

The awards were given out at the Association’s Annual Convention at the Arrowwood Resort in Alexandria, Minnesota.

http://kstp.com/article/stories/s2154284.shtml

sync pulse

• Getbig V
  • Only be sure always to call it please, 'research'
« Reply #147 on: June 18, 2011, 03:19:57 PM »
I have to say that I have feelings for individuals who get abused by Law Enforcement officials,...I get angry when advocates of technical surveillance (law enforcement cameras, financial scrutiny, telecom records...) recite,..."If you are doing nothing wrong, you have nothing to fear."

After saying this, however, I have never personally had a bad experience with a cop...ever.

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #148 on: June 20, 2011, 05:44:55 AM »
That the cop allowed a stranger to go to his house to pick up his wife is quite astonishing. I personally don't know of a cop who would do that but hey......

Don't worry... there is a bigger more astonishing story around the corner waiting for him to tell us about it.

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #149 on: June 20, 2011, 06:07:47 AM »
Right. Because people don't know where cops live.

It's not like there's a car out front or anything.

::)