Author Topic: Anyone got a good chest/shoulder routine?  (Read 3395 times)

Thealmightyronald

Anyone got a good chest/shoulder routine?
« on: February 15, 2008, 07:40:42 PM »
I'm up for anything except flat benchpress.

ozman

• Getbig IV
Re: Anyone got a good chest/shoulder routine?
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2008, 07:50:35 PM »
incline bench

flys

pec dec

seated over head presses

dumbell flys

Cap

• Getbig V
  • Trueprotein.com 5% discount code= CSP111
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2008, 08:08:24 PM »
I'm up for anything except flat benchpress.
Incline press 10x10 or any other variation.  Pumpster has mentioned 8x8 and 6x6, the latter of which I have found useful and the former I have yet to try.  Do the same with a seated or standing military press.
Squishy face retard

coltrane

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2008, 11:57:15 AM »
I have been doing the cutler "stretch and fill" thing where he starts out w cable flys or db flys prior to doing pressing.  I like it...good warm up too

Titus Oates

• Getbig I
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2008, 12:53:57 AM »
I favour warming up with cable flyes , incline cable flyes and lying cable flyes prior to military press and incline smith press. Usually finish with db flyes to cool down.

ngm21084

• Getbig IV
  • D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2008, 12:20:29 PM »
i dont know why exactly but i have just recently discovered flat bench cable flyes and i absolutely love them more then any other flye variation...i feel like it gives me the range for a a good ROM like a DB but constant tension kind of machine like....i dont do to many cable or machine exercises but i have started to incorporate them into workouts more so cable and i really like doing one movement with them at the end as a so to speak finisher....

greg2112

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2008, 12:26:42 PM »
I did this last night and I am crushed today!

Hammer Strength Incline Press/Rest Pause Technique!  Slow, Strict and Heavy!  Did 10 reps to Failure, rested 20 sec's, got 4, rested 20, and then only got 1!  Followed w/ a 5 static hold and a 8 sec negative

2 Sets of Flat DB Bench, 8/10 reps per set.

Hang Clean and Press

Side Lateral Raises

PANDAEMONIUM

• Getbig V
  • Scourge of the Northern Gods
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2008, 10:00:49 PM »
Incline press 10x10 or any other variation.  Pumpster has mentioned 8x8 and 6x6, the latter of which I have found useful and the former I have yet to try.  Do the same with a seated or standing military press.

Yeah I think all of those are legit.  The key is, as with everything in life, change every now and then to shake things up.  I've gotten modest strength and size gains (though the strength gains usually are easier to quantify in the short term) on just about every program there is out there.  Some are better than others, sure, but most have enough good points to them to justify experimenting with them at least for a few weeks.

ngm21084

• Getbig IV
  • D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2008, 02:16:20 AM »
Yeah I think all of those are legit.  The key is, as with everything in life, change every now and then to shake things up.  I've gotten modest strength and size gains (though the strength gains usually are easier to quantify in the short term) on just about every program there is out there.  Some are better than others, sure, but most have enough good points to them to justify experimenting with them at least for a few weeks.

just wondering how long you would recomend staying with one thing before changing...i know that like the 5x5 routine i really liked and stayed with it for almost 4 months and now i tried this other one this week and i stoppped after 0one cycle cause i hated it so starting tonight i am going to try the 10x10..

Emmortal

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2008, 10:30:39 AM »
4 months is a good amount of time, I'll usually give a program at least 12 weeks to evaluate.