Author Topic: VINCE BASILE - is this you???  (Read 6845 times)

haider

• Getbig V
  • Team Batman Squats
Re: VINCE BASILE - is this you???
« Reply #50 on: February 19, 2008, 08:22:27 AM »
Why don't you just creep back into your hole and stare at the wall?

It was a rethorical question.
Und ich war ernst?

Welche Sachen ist:
Sie verstanden, was ich sagte.  ;D
follow the arrows

DK II

• Getbig V
  • Call me 4 steroids: 571-332-2588 or 571-249-4163
« Reply #51 on: February 19, 2008, 08:31:06 AM »
Und ich war ernst?

Welche Sachen ist:
Sie verstanden, was ich sagte.  ;D

Your google gibberish can be guessed at best.  ::)

haider

• Getbig V
  • Team Batman Squats
« Reply #52 on: February 19, 2008, 08:34:44 AM »
Your google gibberish can be guessed at best.  ::)
haha, you said it ;D
follow the arrows

DK II

• Getbig V
« Reply #53 on: February 19, 2008, 08:37:27 AM »
haha, you said it ;D

is there something, haidar?  ::)

kyomu

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • トホカミエミタメ ハラヒタマヒ キヨメタマフ
« Reply #54 on: February 19, 2008, 08:37:56 AM »
Some photos of the Olympia. I sold my negatives and slides to Robert Nailon. At the time it seemed sensible but I regret it now. I still have access to those photos but don't have any myself.

Here is a link to some that others took of the judging.
  http://ironage.us/images/random/80/komich.html

Here is the famous cover I took of Mike from the 80 Olympia. No wonder so many believed he was the winner.
Very good pic.

Spoony Luv

• Getbig IV
  • FROM UP ABOVE!!!
« Reply #55 on: February 19, 2008, 10:29:11 AM »
brutal jealousy.

jealous of Vince standing next to the 2nd coming of Hitler??????....

Yeah maybe your right ;)

donrhummy

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #56 on: February 19, 2008, 12:14:21 PM »

Arnold was at my gym twice and at my penthouse apartment for dinner in 1974. However, I have never hung out with him.[/color]

You couldn't have just said "apartment?" I love how people writing these made up stories online have to add "details" like this. No one ever says, "He hung out with me at my penthouse apartment." You'd just say, "yeah, he hung out at my apartment."

Pollux

• Getbig V
  • I'm kind of a big deal!
« Reply #57 on: February 19, 2008, 12:49:02 PM »
Arnold was at your "penthouse" for dinner, but you never hung out with him? OK?  ???

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
  • "Check my soundscan, Check my instagram"
« Reply #58 on: February 19, 2008, 02:34:11 PM »
from the Penthouse to the Warehouse

rocket

• Getbig V
  • Not a champion
« Reply #59 on: February 19, 2008, 05:42:05 PM »
Arnold was at your "penthouse" for dinner, but you never hung out with him? OK?  ???

Actually, I think that is pretty decent to admit.  Normally, when someone stands in the same room as a celeb, they tell their friends they "hung" out with him.

Perhaps by literal sense it might be true he "hung" out but clearly he and arnold were not atall friends.

IE, if onlyme were talking, him and arnold would have been "good friends" by virtue of being close to each other on a few times :)

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #60 on: February 19, 2008, 05:52:13 PM »
Actually, I think that is pretty decent to admit.  Normally, when someone stands in the same room as a celeb, they tell their friends they "hung" out with him.

Perhaps by literal sense it might be true he "hung" out but clearly he and arnold were not atall friends.

IE, if onlyme were talking, him and arnold would have been "good friends" by virtue of being close to each other on a few times :)

Again trying to put words in my mouth to make yourself look like you know what you are talking about. ::)  Love it.

Pollux

• Getbig V
« Reply #61 on: February 19, 2008, 06:55:36 PM »

I get what you're saying, but it doesn't make any sense. Vince was saying how Arnold came to his home to have dinner under his roof.

If I invited someone to my house, whether it be for dinner or not, I just assume that we are "hanging out". That's why I don't get what Vince was saying about how Arnold came to his home for dinner, but didn't hang out.

Pollux

• Getbig V
« Reply #62 on: February 19, 2008, 06:56:25 PM »
Again trying to put words in my mouth to make yourself look like you know what you are talking about. ::)  Love it.

Damn...chill, "Hollywood Star"!  :D

Paul Allen

« Reply #63 on: February 19, 2008, 07:13:20 PM »
I get what you're saying, but it doesn't make any sense. Vince was saying how Arnold came to his home to have dinner under his roof.

If I invited someone to my house, whether it be for dinner or not, I just assume that we are "hanging out". That's why I don't get what Vince was saying about how Arnold came to his home for dinner, but didn't hang out.

maybe Vince wasn't allowed to attend the dinner?

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #64 on: February 19, 2008, 07:24:19 PM »
Arnold was invited to do a seminar and posing display at my gym back in 1974. It was the first 'seminar' Arnold did in Australia that I know of. He then went to Tony's Gym to do a posing display there and that is where that great shot of Arnold was taken by Robert Nailon. After that the entourage were invited to come to our place for dinner and a get-together. We served everyone who came T-bone steaks. Arnold talked to us and that is when I asked him questions about being prejudiced and he said all the black bodybuilders I mentioned were pigs. I accused him of being prejudiced but he quipped that he just didn't like any of those guys! He thanked me for telling him he would never be a great movie star because such comments motivated him to try harder. Arnold disappeared for a while and was found in a bedroom. Another story told before on Ironage.

I met Arnold in October 1968 at Golds Gym. I've seen him in the dressing room and he let me measure his arms and around his shoulders. 21 1/2 and about 62 inches. He said to come back in two weeks to measure his calves. I took a photo of him outside Golds and that was published in MTI. I talked to him at the Venice Beach once and we talked in Honolulu. I met him several times when he visited Australia. I actually interviewed him in the seminar and asked several personal questions, too. Robert Nailon drove him around and looked after his needs. Robert was always getting photos taken with the champs so I vowed not to duplicate that stuff so never did get a photo shaking hands with Arnold. We didn't take any photos when he visited my place. There were several taken when he posed in 1974 and also when he accompanied Franco the day after the 80 Olympia when Franco gave a seminar. These guys have obviously not attended graduate school because their version of a seminar was questions and answers. The lads at my gym were very impressed with Arnold. So were most of the guys who met him. He was the epitome of a successful he-man. My former wife wasn't so impressed because Arnold never thanked her for the dinner. Neither did he remember my name when we were in Honolulu in Jan 1969. Dave Draper remembered me and Roz was more impressed with Dave as a gentleman.

So I never hung out with Arnold but I knew him and spoke to him. He might even remember my laugh! Robert and I always joke about the way I laugh. He he he, he.  Not possible to describe it in print.

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #65 on: February 19, 2008, 07:31:31 PM »
Isn't it interesting that no one has challenged any of the things I have written about? I have a good memory and what I write is my recollection of events.

I lived on the 15th floor of an apartment at Queenscliff right across the street from the beach. It is common in Australia to refer to the top apartments as penthouses. That apartment I sold long ago but it is now valued at A$2.5 Million.

The guys from the old days are hardly going to show up on Getbig to get tarred and feathered by Goatboy and his foot soldiers!

DK II

• Getbig V
« Reply #66 on: February 20, 2008, 03:52:46 AM »
Isn't it interesting that no one has challenged any of the things I have written about? I have a good memory and what I write is my recollection of events.

I lived on the 15th floor of an apartment at Queenscliff right across the street from the beach. It is common in Australia to refer to the top apartments as penthouses. That apartment I sold long ago but it is now valued at A$2.5 Million.

The guys from the old days are hardly going to show up on Getbig to get tarred and feathered by Goatboy and his foot soldiers!

Thanks for the stories.

rocket

• Getbig V
  • Not a champion
« Reply #67 on: February 20, 2008, 04:35:40 AM »

Calm down Keith, I think it was clear that I was exaggerating for creative effect.

Debate of what "hang" constitutes, I think Vince's dislike for Arnold disallows him from making even a basic admission such as that :)  I guess if a person I did not like came to my house, even if they had dinner, I would not count that as hanging.

Bit hard to challenge you when you're pictured standing next to the guy that people worship as a modern day hero. 

Pollux

• Getbig V
« Reply #68 on: February 20, 2008, 05:39:08 AM »
Debate of what "hang" constitutes, I think Vince's dislike for Arnold disallows him from making even a basic admission such as that :)  I guess if a person I did not like came to my house, even if they had dinner, I would not count that as hanging.

True. Touché!  :D

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #69 on: February 20, 2008, 07:29:00 AM »
Listen, Rocket, have you ever owned a gym? Paul called us in 1974 and asked if we wanted to put on a seminar with Arnold. The problem was he was already in Australia and we had only a couple of days to advertise the event. We accepted but lost money on the seminar. It was still a good promotion to have had him there.

If I had invited Arnold by himself back then that would have been hanging out. However, Paul and the entourage came along as well as other invited guests. Arnold was a celebrity even in those days.

Nailon hanged out with Arnold as they did things together and so on. What is so hard to understand about this. I resent what Arnold did at the Mr Australia by fixing a contest. If you have ever had anyone do that to you then maybe you would understand. Other than that I don't dislike him or have hard feelings. You guys obviously read more into things than was there. The lesson here is posting stuff on the internet is mostly a waste of time.

rocket

• Getbig V
  • Not a champion
« Reply #70 on: February 20, 2008, 08:01:31 AM »
Listen, Rocket, have you ever owned a gym? Paul called us in 1974 and asked if we wanted to put on a seminar with Arnold. The problem was he was already in Australia and we had only a couple of days to advertise the event. We accepted but lost money on the seminar. It was still a good promotion to have had him there.

If I had invited Arnold by himself back then that would have been hanging out. However, Paul and the entourage came along as well as other invited guests. Arnold was a celebrity even in those days.

Nailon hanged out with Arnold as they did things together and so on. What is so hard to understand about this. I resent what Arnold did at the Mr Australia by fixing a contest. If you have ever had anyone do that to you then maybe you would understand. Other than that I don't dislike him or have hard feelings. You guys obviously read more into things than was there. The lesson here is posting stuff on the internet is mostly a waste of time.

You are absolutely right, this is mostly a waste of time.  Thats why when I post I'm mostly using time to be wasted.

Anyway, I'm not sure what you're irritated about - neither pollux or myself is attacking you or thinking ill of you even if you did not like Arnold - your logic makes sense.

Besides, if I wanted to make fun of you, I would most definitely refer to the hideously irrelevant side comments you make (Have I owned a gym? I almost stopped reading, clearly the next words were not meant for me!) ;D