Author Topic: More pictures of the Hercules Gym  (Read 6523 times)

Stark

• Getbig V
More pictures of the Hercules Gym
« on: February 17, 2008, 11:27:36 PM »
I have posted pictures of the Ground floor last time, now it's time to show you guys some of the upper floor.
The Hercules Gym has been around since 1935, needles to say this gym has a lot of Charisma and a long History of Weightlifting.
It is in fact a Powerlifting/Bodybuilding and Wrestling Club with a Committee.
I have read that shit Gold Gym is pulling and thought I share some images of a gym I consider a jewel, a dying breed.\

The Gym has some very unusual machines and Equipment:
With this one for example you can train your Gripping power and your forearms.

Since it is a Powerlifting gym it has all this cool equipment like this Bench standing around, I believe it's a Powerlifting Bench, very easy to adjust the height and quit save.

Also who ever here is deadlifting knows this one comes in handy when you want to change the wheels.

The walls are full with images like these (I wonder if Milos or Shawn agree to be on one wall)

This one is quit funny as well, natural Physique?

This is the upper floor, due to a row we have with the neighboors nobody is allowed to train after 19:00 downstairs but as you can see
there is plenty of equipment upstairs as well.

This is the shoulderpress that just gave up and nearly landed me in a hospital :D

For Squating:

This here is the Wrestlers area, its quit big.

For all that haven't seen the ground floor, here they are:

jtsunami

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • I support Bigbobs
Re: More pictures of the Hercules Gym
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2008, 11:31:31 PM »
shit...hole
TEAM Nasser

musclehedz

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2008, 12:25:37 AM »
Oh brother

That gym is full of juiced up guys. Which ape placed this picture?

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
  • "Check my soundscan, Check my instagram"
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2008, 12:29:44 AM »

Stark

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2008, 01:04:15 AM »
hahah you guys have no idea what a good gym is, I remind you later on when you whine again that
somebody took the Dumbells away and you are not allowed to squat anymore ::)

Tombo

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2008, 01:11:23 AM »
Oh brother

That gym is full of juiced up guys. Which ape placed this picture?

i've read one of them before it's kind of interesting to read about (and laugh about)

Monster81

• Getbig IV
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2008, 01:46:05 AM »
thats a great gym stark, true hardcore,,,it reminds me of a gym i used to train at called ' fitness lab' down in Bradford,UK

Stark

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2008, 01:58:27 AM »
i've read one of them before it's kind of interesting to read about (and laugh about)

They are funny, this one has been hanging there for over 20 years, I take a close up shot next time.

Monster81: I would love it if you could take some images and post them here, there are far to little gyms like these around, you only know
what these sterile YMCA gyms are missing when you have worked out in one of these "hardcore" gyms before.
You simply starting first to like them and than to love them, every day I have the pleasure to workout there I look forward to.

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2008, 05:46:28 AM »
shit...hole

x3

He's been raving like a lunatic about his "great gym" then i see pics of a dump. Beginners confuse run-down with hard-core.

Listen all the equipment in the world's not gonna help your 12" guns without some balls to get the work done, little man with big mouth. ;D

Stark

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2008, 06:05:14 AM »
x3

I can't believe how much he's been raving about his "great gym" then i see pics of a dump. Beginners confuse run-down with hard-core.

Lil guy "stark" keeps talking about this place but it won't help those 12" guns without some hard work there buddy.

Oh god ::) I knew you would soil this threat with your presents...

1) You would not get a membership (that's a fact) somebody who lifes in a mouse infested room stuffed with Bowflex equipment has no place in a hardcore gym like the Hercules.
2) You complaining about a dump is great, considering the fact that you actually LIVE in one, the images of your living room with all the Bowflex shit is further proove that you have no hygenic standarts what so ever, I one the other hand GO HOME to a nice airy fresh apartment ;)
3) Photo is not me ::)
4) You wouldn't know what a good Gym is if I would drag you to one

Don't stop dreaming Dumpster ;D

Dumpster confirmed this to be his Apartment ::)

Prox

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2008, 06:48:42 AM »
Damn I would like to train at the hercules gym, love those old school gyms, good music you and your training partner pumping iron at maximum. This is what pumping weights is all about. Fuck this new gyms with all the fancy equipment and dumbbells that doesnt go higher then 55kg.
Then somebody is talking shit about this gym, it is obvious he doesnt know nothing about how real gyms are

pumpster

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2008, 06:49:01 AM »
What a predictable response, exactly what i wanted-hey dummy that equipment looks 10x better than what you have lol

Your arms are still 12" with that "great gym"  ::)

pumpster

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2008, 06:52:04 AM »
Then somebody is talking shit about this gym, it is obvious he doesnt know nothing about how real gyms are

You must know a lot with bad english like that hahahahaha i think you're right up stark's alley.

Stark

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: February 18, 2008, 06:53:26 AM »
Hey dummy that equipment looks 10x better than what you have lol

Your arms are still 12" with that "great gym"  ::)

hahah no wonder that your are still a scrawny little bitch if you "judge" the equipment and what is good to train by "the looks" ::)
Was that the reason you decided to go for the "funky" Bowflex?
I've got news for you Dumpster, you had a much better chance to train right if you duump all the shit in your apartment and finally workout in a real gym...
Why do you think Gym's haven't "switched" over to Bowflex already? ;D
Simple answer because it's shit :D :D

pumpster

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: February 18, 2008, 06:54:44 AM »
You are like pavlov's dog, you're so predictable hahahahaahaha it's too easy to cause your meltdowns.

Great piece of shit gym there captain lol it's raw and hardcore, just like u. ::)

Bottom line despite all your noise you still have 12" guns bigmouth. ;D

Here is a pic of the parking lot at stark's "hardcore" gym.

Brutal_1

• Getbig V
  • Your best is...
« Reply #15 on: February 18, 2008, 07:02:35 AM »
hahah you guys have no idea what a good gym is, I remind you later on when you whine again that
somebody took the Dumbells away and you are not allowed to squat anymore ::)

Remember, most of these guys train at gyms that will kick you out for sweating on the equipment  ;D

great pics
just not good enough

Stark

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: February 18, 2008, 07:14:21 AM »
Damn I would like to train at the hercules gym, love those old school gyms, good music you and your training partner pumping iron at maximum. This is what pumping weights is all about. Fuck this new gyms with all the fancy equipment and dumbbells that doesnt go higher then 55kg.

You are absolutly right, Don't mind Pumpster he has lost any form of "getbig credit" you can think of since Bluto found the images of his "home gym" with great souround system (swear to god that's what he called it) on another page :)

Stark

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: February 18, 2008, 07:15:34 AM »
You are like pavlov's dog, you're so predictable hahahahaahaha it's too easy to cause your meltdowns.

Great piece of shit gym there captain lol it's raw and hardcore, just like u. ::)

Bottom line despite all your noise you still have 12" guns bigmouth. ;D

Here is a pic of the parking lot at stark's "hardcore" gym.

hahah again predictable answer...

This is the parking lot you dumb fuck ;D

Dude you can talk all day long it doesn't change the fact that you are a social outcast that works out ::) in a mouse infested dump at home and I workout in possible one of the greates gym in the world.

noc

• Getbig IV
« Reply #18 on: February 18, 2008, 07:24:14 AM »
Nice gym, looks like it has alot of character. Not just another franchise 'plastic' gym.

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
« Reply #19 on: February 18, 2008, 09:26:08 AM »
so what happens if you train after 7pm downstairs?
A

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: February 18, 2008, 09:34:17 AM »
Wait, who the fuck is this?

Also, might he happen to be gay? Delish...

"1"

danielson

• Getbig V
  • Basile likes young lads
« Reply #21 on: February 18, 2008, 09:40:51 AM »
That is a real shithole Stark. I thought you lived in Germany? Why is there English on this TV?
E

Addadude

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #22 on: February 18, 2008, 09:45:38 AM »
I have posted pictures of the Ground floor last time, now it's time to show you guys some of the upper floor.
The Hercules Gym has been around since 1935, needles to say this gym has a lot of Charisma and a long History of Weightlifting.
It is in fact a Powerlifting/Bodybuilding and Wrestling Club with a Committee.
I have read that shit Gold Gym is pulling and thought I share some images of a gym I consider a jewel, a dying breed.

Stark, I was a member of Hercs way back in 1882/83 when it used to be located down near Smithfield Market. If anything it's gone all upmarket now by comparison. I have vivid memories of the incredible hardcore atmosphere and the real Dub characters who used to lift there. There were a couple of mornings when I was the first one down there and I had to pick up the keys from the 'caretaker' who lived in one of the council flats near by. The first time I did it, he warned me to bang the door real loud before i open it. When I asked him why, he told me it was to scare off the rats! he wasn't kidding - one morning I forgot to do just that and opened the door to be greeted by the sight of some of the biggest, ugliest rats I've ever seen (until I came to Singapore that is). It's possible that they were more scared of me than I was of them - but unlikely!

Another 'fond memory' was the shower which was the darkest, blackest, slimiest, most disgusting thing this side of Calcutta. Amazingly, there was never a case of athlete's foot ever caught there: probably because no fungus could ever survive that environment...

Hercules was a fantastic place to train and produced some of Ireland's best weight lifters, powerlifters and bodybuilders... and some of the toughest, hardest bouncers in Dublin. I moved to Hercs from Tony Quinn's, which itself had produced a couple of good bodybuilders. The first thing I noticed about Hercs was that EVERYBODY lifted HEAVY, even the little guys. By comparison, if you could bench 200lbs at Tony Quinn's, you were considered 'hardcore'.

Thanks for reminding me about possibly the best gym I ever trained in!

danielson

• Getbig V
  • Basile likes young lads
« Reply #23 on: February 18, 2008, 09:47:21 AM »

Hercules was a fantastic place to train and produced some of Ireland's best weight lifters, powerlifters and bodybuilders... and some of the toughest, hardest bouncers in Dublin. I moved to Hercs from Tony Quinn's,

Sounds like a scary place.
E

Melvin Goodrum

• Getbig III
« Reply #24 on: February 18, 2008, 10:19:14 AM »
Other than some of the rusted equipment which needs to be sanded down and painted or just replaced, I think its a kick ass gym especially with the changer machine when you're wanting to add weight for your deadlifts.

Gym has a lot of character in it.  Its obviously one of a kind and not one of those franchise type gyms.  I would train there.

Whoever made the comment about it being a shithole problably works out at Bally's or some other wuss gym