Author Topic: Starting_Strength.pdf - Ebook  (Read 1004 times)

Barracuda

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
  • Teeth in the Darkness
Starting_Strength.pdf - Ebook
« on: February 19, 2008, 01:24:01 AM »
Here's a invaluable book on training biomechanics. This is one of those books worth buying (or at least printing out). Edition 2 is out now.
Download before the link becomes invalid.
Enjoy.

http://rapidshare.com/files/93090548/Starting_Strength.pdf.html

Here's the Amazon review.

Starting Strength by by Mark Rippetoe  

Review
You can't go wrong with the basics because the basics work. Getting stronger and bigger is hard work and STARTING STRENGTH is the beginner's Bible on how to do the basics and get bigger and stronger the correct way, the efficient way, the safe way. --Dr. Ken Leistner

Review
This is, without question, a superb book. Guys, where were you when I was fumbling through the squat and the deadlift ten years ago, falling over and smashing the bar into my shins?  

This straightforward book contains an immense amount of practical information about several basic lifts: squat, bench and overhead presses, deadlift, and the power clean. Each chapter examines a different lift in great detail (the squat section alone is about 50 pages), explaining everything from the biomechanics of the movement to how to teach it to others.

I thought I knew just about all there was to know about these lifts, but I was mistaken. The authors' knowledge is encyclopedic and their treatment of the subject exhaustive. Lifts are literally explained from head (looking forward) to toe (curl them up and drive through heels).

Along with explaining correct exercise technique in meticulous detail, the book is full of handy little tips such as looking for shirt folds on the lifter's back to ensure that spinal extension has occurred, using strategically placed duct tape to get wrists into the proper position (no word, though, on how to get it off without some unpleasantness), or how to troubleshoot common form problems.

DK II

• Getbig V
  • Call me 4 steroids: 571-332-2588 or 571-249-4163
Re: Starting_Strength.pdf - Ebook
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2008, 05:19:22 AM »
thanks for the link!

benz

• Getbig V
  • ٩(̾●̮̮̃̾•̃̾)۶ boo! ٩(̾●̮̮̃̾•̃̾)۶
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2008, 05:34:55 AM »
supply anabolics 2007 link plz

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2008, 04:46:56 PM »
THX.
Just read the forword - very impressive... well written... looks promising.
Ok, read a bit further - excellent info.
Props for posting this  8)