Author Topic: Cindy McCain responds to Michelle Obama “proud” comments  (Read 2617 times)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Re: Cindy McCain responds to Michelle Obama “proud” comments
« Reply #25 on: February 21, 2008, 05:22:10 PM »
Regardless of your criticizms of Cindy's past behavior (which I fully agree with), Michelle's comment was still disturbing.  It seems the country and opportunities have been and continues to be good to her and her husband.  All of us have criticizms of our government and many of its policies but we still respect our country in general...for someone to say this is the first time in their life that they are proud of our country...that is very suspect, particularly for someone who very well could be our first lady.

Yes.  Completely agree. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #26 on: June 15, 2008, 05:06:59 PM »
Pretty dumb thing for Mrs. Obama to say. 

Beach Bum,

was it dumb when McCain said it today?

CQ

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • TGT
« Reply #27 on: June 15, 2008, 05:23:35 PM »
Or u could move....try living overseas....I wasn't proud of Bill Clinton but he was the President and I never thought to undermine his authority or not be proud of this country.

As far as Obama's wife....maybe she should lighten up..she's two steps from the Lincoln bedroom...how many Western nations are close to electing a black man. um...none.

Of course we are not close. We did that 30 years ago, and have one today. Plus women leaders. Old news. Small nation sure, but all our leaders, black/white/male/female have managed to make a income tax less nation, no debt issues, free healthcare and free college - 4 things almost no other nation can claim :)

Well, except for some of my neighbours - also run by all types as well. Plus there have been about 60 female presidents starting 50 years ago, while the American media acted like Hillary just running was some world novelty ::)

Beach Bum,

Haha, good bump 240 - i was looking as well.

CQ

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • TGT
« Reply #28 on: June 15, 2008, 05:27:03 PM »
for someone to say this is the first time in their life that they are proud of our country...that is very suspect, particularly for someone who very well could be our first lady.

John you're my mate, so I want to wish you well and tell you stay calm ;D

If you found it suspect that a potential first lady said she is really proud of her nation for the first time, you must be doubly suspect that a potential President finds it hard to be proud of his country.

Michelle, first lady, now really proud | McCain, President, now finds it difficult to be proud

Wow ;D

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: June 15, 2008, 05:28:58 PM »
for someone to say this is the first time in their life that they are proud of our country...that is very suspect, particularly for someone who very well could be our first lady.

Shoot, do you feel very concerned about McCain now?  He said just about the exact same thing as Michelle.   She will be choosing drapes for the White House and maybe starting some literacy programs.  He will be leading a nation of 310 million people.

CQ

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • TGT
« Reply #30 on: June 15, 2008, 05:42:17 PM »

Shoot, do you feel very concerned about McCain now?  He said just about the exact same thing as Michelle.   She will be choosing drapes for the White House and maybe starting some literacy programs.  He will be leading a nation of 310 million people.

Hmm, it's way worse as it is the candidate yes, but were the comments even the same?

I've heard most people here dismiss Cindy being a junkie, Laura offing someone. McCains racist slurs = as they were in the past.

Michelle's statement was she is really proud now, while at this same time McCain finds it difficult to be proud.

So Obama's wife is really proud now, while McCain himself finds it difficult to be proud now.

This must be FAR worse for those who had issue with Michelle ;D

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: June 15, 2008, 06:02:55 PM »

Michelle's statement was she is really proud now, while at this same time McCain finds it difficult to be proud.

So Obama's wife is really proud now, while McCain himself finds it difficult to be proud now.

This must be FAR worse for those who had issue with Michelle ;D

holy crap, you are right.

McCain isn't proud of his country today.

Unbelievable.

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #32 on: June 15, 2008, 07:55:36 PM »
Or u could move....try living overseas....I wasn't proud of Bill Clinton but he was the President and I never thought to undermine his authority or not be proud of this country.

As far as Obama's wife....maybe she should lighten up..she's two steps from the Lincoln bedroom...how many Western nations are close to electing a black man. um...none.

pssst: You're forgetting about Jamaica. They've elected many Black Men, ...they even had a Black Woman,
...but then again, ...those were Prime Ministers, ...not Presidents, ...so I guess it doesn't count.  :P
w

bebop396

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #33 on: June 15, 2008, 09:13:58 PM »

pssst: You're forgetting about Jamaica. They've elected many Black Men, ...they even had a Black Woman,
...but then again, ...those were Prime Ministers, ...not Presidents, ...so I guess it doesn't count.  :P

Do not know of Prime Ministers powers...Are they much different then a power of a president, or what?

CQ

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • TGT
« Reply #34 on: June 16, 2008, 01:00:29 AM »
Do not know of Prime Ministers powers...Are they much different then a power of a president, or what?

No, exact same thing most nations.

Indigenous Indians have also been President in at least 3 nations I am aware of. Some 60 odd nations have had female presidents/vice presidents. Nations have elected white leaders, when whites are the small minority. Homosexuals have been elected. Europe has a black Princess. The UN has had a black leader. No offense to any Americans, but world leaders of equality and minorities/females in power they are not, despite some delusional thoughts they are, carefully doing this dance of comparing themself to a few nations while forgetting many others - something I see occur alot. The US is decades behind many nations in this respect actually.

_________

Waiting on BB and Shoot's post's condemning McCain's lack of pride in the USA today. I'm all ears guys ;D

drkaje

• Getbig V
  • Quiet, Err. I'm transmitting rage.
« Reply #35 on: June 16, 2008, 04:28:30 AM »
You don't have to be proud of everything your country does to be proud of your country.  There will always be things you like and things you don't like.  But the real issue is whether the wife of a man who wants to be president should be saying something like this and whether her husband shares her views.  Not a smart thing to say IMO. 

Well...... Obama is a "Halfrican American" that means he only has to be half proud. :)

shootfighter1

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Competitor- NABBA Nationals Overall Champ
« Reply #36 on: June 16, 2008, 08:33:02 AM »
As I have posted before, I'm not a big McCain fan.  Where is the link or video of the comment?  I'll check it out if I get a second at work.

Honestly, the last thing I'd doubt McCain on is his love for the country.  All of his sons are in the military serving and same with him and his father.  My problems with McCain are on the issues, gov spending, international military policy, Iraq, amnesty for illegals, etc.

Michelle said "for the first time in my adult life I am proud of my country".  In the second speech, she injected the word 'really'.  I just have a feeling that she harbors more negativity toward the country and its history than we are used to in our leaders.

CQ, I respect others that are intelligent and have other opinions, I have no problems with that and sometimes I learn from them  :D  Back at ya!
The people I have problems with are the hardline party followers on either side.  Can't think for themselves.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #37 on: June 16, 2008, 12:41:08 PM »
Well...... Obama is a "Halfrican American" that means he only has to be half proud. :)

lol.   :)

CQ

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • TGT
« Reply #38 on: June 20, 2008, 04:21:29 AM »
Beach Bum,

Bumping again for quote #2 from McCain.

Fox News interview with John McCain on March 13, 2008, in which McCain said, "I didn't really love America until I was deprived of her company." link

So a wife is slammed as she said this is the first time she is really proud of her country, while the candidate himself makes 2 remarks in a similar context about not loving America and finding to hard to be proud at this time, and that's fine. Ok.

I find zero fault with McCains statements myself, like everything including Michelle's taken out of context can sound bad to some I guess. Just find the disparity of ppl's reactions to the similar remarks interesting :D

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #39 on: June 20, 2008, 05:10:48 AM »
Bumping again for quote #2 from McCain.

Fox News interview with John McCain on March 13, 2008, in which McCain said, "I didn't really love America until I was deprived of her company." link

So a wife is slammed as she said this is the first time she is really proud of her country, while the candidate himself makes 2 remarks in a similar context about not loving America and finding to hard to be proud at this time, and that's fine. Ok.

I find zero fault with McCains statements myself, like everything including Michelle's taken out of context can sound bad to some I guess. Just find the disparity of ppl's reactions to the similar remarks interesting :D

Interesting?!  Why CQ, ...what a diplomatic way of putting it.

I'm not the biggest diplomat, so I'll flat out say I find it pathetically indicative of the level of distractions being thrown at the public in order to prevent them from making an honest equal comparison of both candidates and what either one could mean for the country's future.

w