Author Topic: Can America handle having a Black President?  (Read 5849 times)

Brixtonbulldog

• Getbig V
  • TAKE YO FUCKING JACKET WIT YA
Re: Can America handle having a Black President?
« Reply #50 on: February 27, 2008, 06:36:50 PM »
If he's elected, then we'll have the largest ever penis in the oval office in our history. A wang far larger than any other world leader's(that's if you exclude African nations).

ok driverant ;D

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
  • Mel Gibson and Bob Sly World Domination
« Reply #51 on: February 27, 2008, 06:50:57 PM »
ok driverant ;D

Can I be your backup shooter? Pretty please?

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #52 on: February 27, 2008, 07:28:03 PM »
what exactly makes him a black dude, instead of a white dude when his mother is white and his father was black?  His appearance?  Blood quantum?    

actually we talked about this at dinner tonite. His mom is not white, but a mullato and his dad is Indonesian, so yeah I guess Obama is mainly African American

calmus

• Getbig IV
  • Time is luck.
« Reply #53 on: February 27, 2008, 07:51:25 PM »
actually we talked about this at dinner tonite. His mom is not white, but a mullato and his dad is Indonesian, so yeah I guess Obama is mainly African American

You guys know his ancestry (and how the various shadings add up to AfrAmerican) almost as well as you know his "plan"  This bodes well for America.

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #54 on: February 27, 2008, 09:33:05 PM »
Definitely agree - Obama is as liberal as they come. His church is racist, he is racist, and he only spews out what people want to hear. That's how liberals get the vote - they rely on polls and say what is necessary, and then once they're in office they do what they want, and only then does their true left-wing nature come to light. I don't think Obama being black has much to do with his campaign except for the fact that he would only exascerbate racial issues and ignite new ones. I would take a black conservative over a white liberal any day of the week.

How is his church racist, and him as well...

Man, some folks are really reaching here. I agree that he's all style and no substance..but isn't that what America has become, all image no substance :-\

shootfighter1

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Competitor- NABBA Nationals Overall Champ
« Reply #55 on: February 28, 2008, 06:26:48 AM »
I looked up Obama's heritage out of curiosity, its what I thought originally.

"The issue of Obama's racial heritage, as the son of a white mother from Kansas and an black father from Kenya..."

"So who is Barack Obama? He says he's African American BECAUSE according to him the African American community is a HYBRID community and has historically accepted that hybrid nature".

if you read 'Dreams from my father' I think you'll realise that he FULLY understands the complication of his identity. His choice of the African American identity, i'd argue, is a progressive political choice because he feels obliged to help in the salvation of the African American community(his work in inner city community, joining a black church, civil rights law practice) and so he chose it as his base community..."

That was all quoted.  I also read that Obama's Kenyan father was muslim and his mother was Catholic.  His step father was also muslim but its reported that he was less of a practicing muslim.  Obama attended both muslim and christian schools in his youth before moving to Hawaii to continue his schooling.  From there he excelled and went on to Harvard, etc...

No bias here, just wanted to relay some facts since many here weren't sure.

twigs87

• Getbig II
« Reply #56 on: February 28, 2008, 12:15:06 PM »
How is his church racist, and him as well...

Man, some folks are really reaching here. I agree that he's all style and no substance..but isn't that what America has become, all image no substance :-\

Obama belongs to Trinity United Church, whose mission involves commitment to the black community, the black work ethic, and the black value system. It's a theology that is racially exclusive, and it borders on black supremacy. Exchange "white" for "black" and there would be an outrage. He endorses the statements and proclamations made by the reverends and church leaders, he buys into their theories and practices, so therefore - his actions are racist.
Just another day...

War-Horse

• Getbig V
« Reply #57 on: February 28, 2008, 12:29:57 PM »

after the bush presidency.......a black pile of DOG SHIT could do more to unite this country.

no better REBUKE of bush/cheney than a BLACK PRESIDENT to replace those two scumbags !

obama will be elected president unless OUR government JFK's him.

Hahahaha     You sound like Warhorse.. ;D

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #58 on: March 02, 2008, 07:24:41 PM »
value sObama belongs to Trinity United Church, whose mission involves commitment to the black community, the black work ethic, and the black value system. It's a theology that is racially exclusive, and it borders on black supremacy. Exchange "white" for "black" and there would be an outrage. He endorses the statements and proclamations made by the reverends and church leaders, he buys into their theories and practices, so therefore - his actions are racist.

Well, whose going to take care of the "black" community other than "black" people.  It's funny how white people always say that black people are looking for a handout, and are lazy and need to take care of their own communities and stop looking for the Fed gv't to solve all their problems. But then we there is effort, it seems like there is criticism that they are being racist for taking care of their own communities and are taking responsibility. Make up your damn minds. Actually it only represents your own racist viewpoints, because if black people get their shit together as a whole...you believe that they will focus their attention on white folks, which is far from the truth or reality.

Brixtonbulldog

• Getbig V
« Reply #59 on: March 02, 2008, 08:14:09 PM »
Well, whose going to take care of the "black" community other than "black" people.  It's funny how white people always say that black people are looking for a handout, and are lazy and need to take care of their own communities and stop looking for the Fed gv't to solve all their problems. But then we there is effort, it seems like there is criticism that they are being racist for taking care of their own communities and are taking responsibility. Make up your damn minds. Actually it only represents your own racist viewpoints, because if black people get their shit together as a whole...you believe that they will focus their attention on white folks, which is far from the truth or reality.

Dumb fucking post..

The "effort" that most black groups in this country pursue IS handouts from anyone dumb enough to buy into it.  Other forms of "effort" are various forms of idiotic, pointless, and completely ceremonial celebrations of "culture" and "diversity" instead of educating people how to get ahead in this world (take responsibility, obey the law, get an education, stop speaking and dressing like the stereotype and basically grow the fuck up).  Of course nobody in the low income black communities wants to do any of that because it would be "acting white" so they just resume a cycle of failure and blame and bitch about how "the man" holds them down when it's really themselves and no one else. 

That and blacks blame the community as a whole (even thier own) for thier failures instead of taking PERSONAL responsibility. 

White people don't need celebrations of caucasian culture.. we don't need "leaders".. we don't need handouts.. we don't have expectations of entitlement. 

I watched some of the "State of the Black Union" and I wanted to laugh and cry at the same time.  What a waste. 

Anyway, the point of the post is not that blacks are racist for looking out for themselves it was that the church Obama belongs to is racist since if a white church was exclusive in it's values and congregation towards whites only we all know what would be said about it.

Brixtonbulldog

• Getbig V
« Reply #60 on: March 02, 2008, 08:16:15 PM »

Hahahaha     You sound like Warhorse.. ;D

Which one is big spoon? :D

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #61 on: March 02, 2008, 09:42:03 PM »
Dumb fucking post..

The "effort" that most black groups in this country pursue IS handouts from anyone dumb enough to buy into it.  Other forms of "effort" are various forms of idiotic, pointless, and completely ceremonial celebrations of "culture" and "diversity" instead of educating people how to get ahead in this world (take responsibility, obey the law, get an education, stop speaking and dressing like the stereotype and basically grow the fuck up).  Of course nobody in the low income black communities wants to do any of that because it would be "acting white" so they just resume a cycle of failure and blame and bitch about how "the man" holds them down when it's really themselves and no one else. 

That and blacks blame the community as a whole (even thier own) for thier failures instead of taking PERSONAL responsibility. 

White people don't need celebrations of caucasian culture.. we don't need "leaders".. we don't need handouts.. we don't have expectations of entitlement. 

I watched some of the "State of the Black Union" and I wanted to laugh and cry at the same time.  What a waste. 

Anyway, the point of the post is not that blacks are racist for looking out for themselves it was that the church Obama belongs to is racist since if a white church was exclusive in it's values and congregation towards whites only we all know what would be said about it.

No it wasn't. And you have no clue as to what your talking about. maybe it's because I went to a HBCU or the fact that I live in the Baltimore-Washington DC area, but I see people and church making change in their neighborhoods. But I also see the down side and the bad side, far more than you ever will.

By supporting the black community thru different programs. Whether it be learning about financial discispline (blacks "supposedly" spend more money than whites on clothing, electronics, but don't invest their money), or offering literacy programs, to just being there with a helping hand. Asians and Latinos do it for their communities, but blacks unlike any other race were offered a one way, round trip boat ride here, and under that guise of free labor, developed a huge inferiority complex. And the fact that we keep propping up stereotype of ourselves and running with it, doesn't help either. The one thing that MLK didn't think of was "Definition", the defining of one's self, instead of relying on stereotypes. Which is why those idiot leads like Jesse and Sharpton cater to the slave negro population---the one's that are always looking for an exucse, and that excuse is racism.
Let me school you Brixtonbulldog, because like a bulldog, your lower jaw is too overshot to understand some things.  If you for centuries were told you ain't shit, and never will be shit...we you get a chance to celebrate your culture , would you? Yes your ass would. Hell, if it were not for black people , there would be no rock and roll music...Are coming off of the Black History month blues or something... 

Fact is, white people do celebrate their culture...I guess there is the Holiday coming up called "St. Patrick's Day", ever heard of it. Or how about various different ethnic celebrations, or Oktoberfest...Celebratin g various white ethnicities and cultures. I have no problem with that, because it is natural to do so

Helping those in your community is not racist, and giving a helping hand if you are a black man who goes to a predominately black church, to a that community is no more racist than a person who goes to a Russian Orthodox Christian Church and helping out the Russian community.

Here is something you might like to read, because I heard you say you watch the "state of Black America" ,and you want to laugh and cry, well it ain't a laughing matter, when many of the men are either being shot or in prison. And yes, I do make an effort to try and change thing on my part, but I will be making a bigger effort in the future.

Read Come On People: On the Path from Victims to Victors, by Bill Cosby and Alvin F, Poussaint, MD, and Restoring Hope:Conversations on the Future of Black America, by Dr. Cornell West  ( you may have seen him in the last two Matrix Movies.

Read those before you open your mouth, or help or just chill with those in those communities so you know what is really up, instead living thru some celluloid half true. "Because a half-true is a half a lie, it's up to you figure out the whole truth." 

Brixtonbulldog

• Getbig V
« Reply #62 on: March 02, 2008, 11:33:18 PM »
No it wasn't. And you have no clue as to what your talking about. maybe it's because I went to a HBCU or the fact that I live in the Baltimore-Washington DC area, but I see people and church making change in their neighborhoods. But I also see the down side and the bad side, far more than you ever will.

ah HAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!!!!!  OH.. here it comes!!! Bend over!!!!

You stupid fuck.. I went to a mostly black HS (Meade Senior in Fort Meade, MD) and I work LP in the worst city stores of Baltimore (Park Hts, Bel Air and Erdman Ave, Penn and North Ave, etc).  Making change my ass... I catch these junkies every day.

By supporting the black community thru different programs. Whether it be learning about financial discispline (blacks "supposedly" spend more money than whites on clothing, electronics, but don't invest their money), or offering literacy programs, to just being there with a helping hand. Asians and Latinos do it for their communities, but blacks unlike any other race were offered a one way, round trip boat ride here, and under that guise of free labor, developed a huge inferiority complex. And the fact that we keep propping up stereotype of ourselves and running with it, doesn't help either. The one thing that MLK didn't think of was "Definition", the defining of one's self, instead of relying on stereotypes. Which is why those idiot leads like Jesse and Sharpton cater to the slave negro population---the one's that are always looking for an exucse, and that excuse is racism.
Let me school you Brixtonbulldog, because like a bulldog, your lower jaw is too overshot to understand some things.  If you for centuries were told you ain't shit, and never will be shit...we you get a chance to celebrate your culture , would you? Yes your ass would. Hell, if it were not for black people , there would be no rock and roll music...Are coming off of the Black History month blues or something... 

Complete cop out.. The fact that you believe this crap just reinforces any lack of responsibility these people take.  Your expectations are far too low.  People like you are the reason these people are never forced to improve.

Fact is, white people do celebrate their culture...I guess there is the Holiday coming up called "St. Patrick's Day", ever heard of it. Or how about various different ethnic celebrations, or Oktoberfest...Celebratin g various white ethnicities and cultures. I have no problem with that, because it is natural to do so

Whites are forced to hide such celebrations under the guise of a nationalist heritage.  Not only that, but blacks are often found among the festivities and are not ostracised for being in attendance.  That is a somewhat better reception than if someone like me were to be involved in one of their celebrations.  You're not really seeing clearly.

Helping those in your community is not racist, and giving a helping hand if you are a black man who goes to a predominately black church, to a that community is no more racist than a person who goes to a Russian Orthodox Christian Church and helping out the Russian community.

Race vs. Nationalist heritage again... are you too stupid to see the difference?  I don't see blacks getting in line as "Kenyan" or "Liberian" etc.

Here is something you might like to read, because I heard you say you watch the "state of Black America" ,and you want to laugh and cry, well it ain't a laughing matter, when many of the men are either being shot or in prison. And yes, I do make an effort to try and change thing on my part, but I will be making a bigger effort in the future.

Shot by each other .. or being imprisoned for shooting each other... lol.  Jeezus, you must be delusional to not see this.  Man, this is EXACTLY why I was laughing and crying when I was watching it.

Read those before you open your mouth, or help or just chill with those in those communities so you know what is really up, instead living thru some celluloid half true. "Because a half-true is a half a lie, it's up to you figure out the whole truth." 

Wow... you're a real ideologue aren't you?  Why don't you come hang out at the corner of West Franklin and Evergreen in SW Baltimore and watch all your theories and rhetoric crumble like the arguments I just shot down.

LOL... thank you for that.  I needed a good laugh.

Brixtonbulldog

• Getbig V
« Reply #63 on: March 02, 2008, 11:39:06 PM »

Oh.. and since you obvously didn't know who you were talking to when you made this absurd statement let me further enlighten you. 

I had the pleasure of training for my current job in DC and seeing the worst of what that shit hole has to offer as well.  I can tell by your post you don't get to see how bad it really is on a daily basis (as I do) since if you did you wouldn't have the mindset that you do.  Or you're black and DO live in these areas and you are trying to come up with excuses and defend a hopeless argument.

Now, where exactly do you live and work?.. I'd love to hear this one.  :D

The ChemistV2

• Getbig IV
« Reply #64 on: March 03, 2008, 08:49:40 AM »
Dumb fucking post..

Yo,Yo, Yo..Whassup wiit all de hate? Just because a brotha' be done got a genetic predisposition for thievery and violent crime, don't mean you gotta hate on him. Do you done hates a shark because he gonna eat yo ass..or a tiger that will tear yo' shit up.. No! You know why, dats because it's they nature. See what i be sayin'?

Brixtonbulldog

• Getbig V
« Reply #65 on: March 03, 2008, 09:04:50 AM »
Yo,Yo, Yo..Whassup wiit all de hate? Just because a brotha' be done got a genetic predisposition for thievery and violent crime, don't mean you gotta hate on him. Do you done hates a shark because he gonna eat yo ass..or a tiger that will tear yo' shit up.. No! You know why, dats because it's they nature. See what i be sayin'?

lol, I feel ya...dawg

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #66 on: March 04, 2008, 09:21:51 AM »
ah HAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!!!!!  OH.. here it comes!!! Bend over!!!!

You stupid fuck.. I went to a mostly black HS (Meade Senior in Fort Meade, MD) and I work LP in the worst city stores of Baltimore (Park Hts, Bel Air and Erdman Ave, Penn and North Ave, etc).  Making change my ass... I catch these junkies every day.

Complete cop out.. The fact that you believe this crap just reinforces any lack of responsibility these people take.  Your expectations are far too low.  People like you are the reason these people are never forced to improve.
Whites are forced to hide such celebrations under the guise of a nationalist heritage.  Not only that, but blacks are often found among the festivities and are not ostracised for being in attendance.  That is a somewhat better reception than if someone like me were to be involved in one of their celebrations.  You're not really seeing clearly.
 have

Race vs. Nationalist heritage again... are you too stupid to see the difference?  I don't see blacks getting in line as "Kenyan" or "Liberian" etc.

Shot by each other .. or being imprisoned for shooting each other... lol.  Jeezus, you must be delusional to not see this.  Man, this is EXACTLY why I was laughing and crying when I was watching it.

Wow... you're a real ideologue aren't you?  Why don't you come hang out at the corner of West Franklin and Evergreen in SW Baltimore and watch all your theories and rhetoric crumble like the arguments I just shot down.

LOL... thank you for that.  I needed a good laugh.

Oh,  everybody know that the  town that feeds Ft. Meade HS are full of wanna be hardcore black kids, and enslave minded people. Damn, your ass should gone to Broadneck like me, maybe you would have learned some reading comprehension. And I wet to Morgan State University, student taught at Lake Clifton High School, and Annapolis Middle.  And if you knew  what my job is now...people like you asks me what to charge the fools that you catch.

I always had a positive mind, and a mind set to give back to a community, and on the way have inspired young minds to reach for high goals and success. 

Make no mistake, I believe in taking personal responsibility for one's actions and for one's community.  By asking how can one affect their own communities,  your asking each person to take a look at themselves and fix that problem, and by doing that they are helping there own community as well.

Think of it like this. Have you ever been at a stop light and look at the median and seen all the cigarette butts? Well, if all those people had just decided to not throw their butts out, then the mess would not be there. It takes one person each time to make a conscious decision to throw one butt out, and over time they amassed. Now think of it in a positive way. What Obama and his church are trying to do is have a positive effect on theri community, and they are. I made a positive effect in my community when I was part of Jack and Jill of America, Inc. when I was in high school. I also ask  the principale at Annapolis Middle if I could do a club for at risk males, in which a a club started up for both girls and boys.

All people need to do is have the balls to stand up and make a change, and it can be little. For example, just in those neighborhood that you stated, what if one lady decide to have her front lawn or stoop tidy up, with flowers and such, and people started admiring it, then she talks to the lady next door, then the next, and then the next. The next then you know you have a who row, if not a whole block looking nice. And this has happened.

Fact of the matter is, Black America is like the Miner's Canary, what happens to the black community, will happen to America. You should know that by now.

I am not a idealist, but a a realist, with ideas, my mind firmly knows what the reality of the world and of the black community is, it's just as i said, "Definition", which is what MLK didn't see.

If your ignorant mind doesn't know, that most black Americans are of mixed race and of mixed ethnic groups. Unless one is right off the plane, we can't say "Nigerian" or "Liberian".  Race vs. Nationalist heritage, no it is ethnic pride, because they people will say I'm Italian-American or Irish American, still they are American, and damn proud of it. Being proud of the fact your American or French or what ever is Nationalism. Being proud that you are French American and involved in a French American activities, or celebrating one's "French-ness", while in a America is ethnic pride.  Learn the difference...but of course it's that Ft Meade upbringing in you. Webster's Dictionary states that Nationalism is "1.  Concern for or the attachment to a particular nation's interests or culture."

By one saying, that they are French American, the "French" denotes the ethnic background, and the "American" denotes the National. So when a black American is celebrating their culture, they are celebrating a part of American culture that denotes their ethnic background. And if you know, African American culture is a hybrid culture of European (British) and African.   

I'm glad you have a laugh, the ignorant tend to not know what to make of a situation, so instead of figuring out what to do , they laugh at those who are . 

The ChemistV2

• Getbig IV
« Reply #67 on: March 04, 2008, 09:43:08 AM »
Oh,  everybody know that the  town that feeds Ft. Meade HS are full of wanna be hardcore black kids, and enslave minded people. Damn, your ass should gone to Broadneck like me, maybe you would have learned some reading comprehension. And I wet to Morgan State University, student taught at Lake Clifton High School, and Annapolis Middle.  And if you knew  what my job is now...people like you asks me what to charge the fools that you catch.

I always had a positive mind, and a mind set to give back to a community, and on the way have inspired young minds to reach for high goals and success. 

Make no mistake, I believe in taking personal responsibility for one's actions and for one's community.  By asking how can one affect their own communities,  your asking each person to take a look at themselves and fix that problem, and by doing that they are helping there own community as well.

Think of it like this. Have you ever been at a stop light and look at the median and seen all the cigarette butts? Well, if all those people had just decided to not throw their butts out, then the mess would not be there. It takes one person each time to make a conscious decision to throw one butt out, and over time they amassed. Now think of it in a positive way. What Obama and his church are trying to do is have a positive effect on theri community, and they are. I made a positive effect in my community when I was part of Jack and Jill of America, Inc. when I was in high school. I also ask  the principale at Annapolis Middle if I could do a club for at risk males, in which a a club started up for both girls and boys.

All people need to do is have the balls to stand up and make a change, and it can be little. For example, just in those neighborhood that you stated, what if one lady decide to have her front lawn or stoop tidy up, with flowers and such, and people started admiring it, then she talks to the lady next door, then the next, and then the next. The next then you know you have a who row, if not a whole block looking nice. And this has happened.

Fact of the matter is, Black America is like the Miner's Canary, what happens to the black community, will happen to America. You should know that by now.

I am not a idealist, but a a realist, with ideas, my mind firmly knows what the reality of the world and of the black community is, it's just as i said, "Definition", which is what MLK didn't see.

If your ignorant mind doesn't know, that most black Americans are of mixed race and of mixed ethnic groups. Unless one is right off the plane, we can't say "Nigerian" or "Liberian".  Race vs. Nationalist heritage, no it is ethnic pride, because they people will say I'm Italian-American or Irish American, still they are American, and damn proud of it. Being proud of the fact your American or French or what ever is Nationalism. Being proud that you are French American and involved in a French American activities, or celebrating one's "French-ness", while in a America is ethnic pride.  Learn the difference...but of course it's that Ft Meade upbringing in you. Webster's Dictionary states that Nationalism is "1.  Concern for or the attachment to a particular nation's interests or culture."

By one saying, that they are French American, the "French" denotes the ethnic background, and the "American" denotes the National. So when a black American is celebrating their culture, they are celebrating a part of American culture that denotes their ethnic background. And if you know, African American culture is a hybrid culture of European (British) and African.   

I'm glad you have a laugh, the ignorant tend to not know what to make of a situation, so instead of figuring out what to do , they laugh at those who are . 

So in all seriousness, what solutions are you suggesting that would alleviate the rampant criminality in the Black communities? What do you suggest when black teens refuse to study because they think it's "acting white". What do you do when their role models are the Gangsta Rappers that promote selling crack and pimpin' women as their career choice? Obviously throwing welfare money at them hasn't helped. I feel bad for the older dignified blacks who went through the Civil Rights days and now see, after all their struggles, the black youth today squandering everything they fought for. When Bill Cosby spoke out, the black community crucified him. People like him probably hate seeing their race portrayed by these jackasses with their underwear sticking out, that can't even complete a full sentence, and going around slaughtering each other.

twigs87

• Getbig II
« Reply #68 on: March 04, 2008, 11:05:24 AM »
So in all seriousness, what solutions are you suggesting that would alleviate the rampant criminality in the Black communities? What do you suggest when black teens refuse to study because they think it's "acting white". What do you do when their role models are the Gangsta Rappers that promote selling crack and pimpin' women as their career choice? Obviously throwing welfare money at them hasn't helped. I feel bad for the older dignified blacks who went through the Civil Rights days and now see, after all their struggles, the black youth today squandering everything they fought for. When Bill Cosby spoke out, the black community crucified him. People like him probably hate seeing their race portrayed by these jackasses with their underwear sticking out, that can't even complete a full sentence, and going around slaughtering each other.

amen to that.
Just another day...

War-Horse

• Getbig V
« Reply #69 on: March 04, 2008, 11:34:41 AM »
Like parker said.    We have to do it one person at a time.   Some of the rappers have to switch their lyrics and give them a goal to succeed.  Obama would be great at lifting the black race esteem.   

I think rewarding them everytime they have a kid  (Govt money,rent,utilities,food) just created a lazy, hating culture. 

I believe in aid to get a hand up...but no-one should get a hand-out without working for it.

Some are smart enough to make it tho.

Brixtonbulldog

• Getbig V
« Reply #70 on: March 04, 2008, 12:28:51 PM »
Oh,  everybody know knows that the  town that feeds Ft. Meade HS are is full of wanna be hardcore black kids, and enslave slave minded people. Damn, your ass should gone to Broadneck like me, maybe you would have learned some reading comprehension HA HA HA!!!.. okay ;D . And I wet went to Morgan State University, student taught at Lake Clifton High School, and Annapolis Middle.  And if you knew  what my job is now...people like you asksask me what to charge the fools that you catch.

Hang out in Pioneer City and Meade Village where the murder rates are akin to NW Bmore and then come back and say this again.  Won't happen.  (Ignorance on your part)

I should be "I have" or "I've" always had a positive mind, and a mind set to give back to a community, and on the way have inspired young minds to reach for high goals and success. 

Make no mistake, I believe in taking personal responsibility for one's actions and for one's community.  By asking how can one should be "how one can" affect their own communities,  your you're asking each person to take a look at themselves and fix that problem, and by doing that they are helping there their own community as well.

You haven't inspired enough to make any difference in this town.  The only thing that "inspires" a lot of those who were probably students of yours at one point is now the next hit.  You dealt with students who were still in school at the time.  After they drop out, start collecting welfare, and start a nice little habit then I get to deal with them.  (Further ignorance)

Think of it like this. Have you ever been at a stop light and look at the median and seen all the cigarette butts? Well, if all those people had just decided to not throw their butts out, then the mess would not be there. It takes one person each time to make a conscious decision to throw one butt out, and over time they amassed. Now think of it in a positive way. What Obama and his church are trying to do is have a positive effect on their community, and they are. I made a positive effect in my community when I was part of Jack and Jill of America, Inc. when I was in high school. I also ask asked   the principale spelling (AGAIN) "principal" at Annapolis Middle if I could do a club for at risk males, in which a a club started up for both girls and boys.

All people need to do is have the balls to stand up and make a change, and it can be little. For example, just in those neighborhoods that you stated, what if one lady decided to have her front lawn or stoop tidy tidied up, with flowers and such, and people started admiring it,should be two sentences then she talks to the lady next door, then the next, and then the next. The next then you mean "thing"? you know you have a whole row, if not a whole block looking nice. And this has happened.

Oh, that's all people need to do?!?!  Well HOT DAMN!! I didn't know it was that easy!!!! ;D ::)

In all seriousness, not only is it not anywhere near that easy (and it hasn't happened) but even if it were that easy the people in the neighboorhoods I mentioned would never do it even if you paid them.  Why don't you take a gander around there.. and get back to me on what you think is most important to those people.  I've got everyone from 11 year old kids coming in to steal with their parents, to 80 year old woman stealing, and all the worst of everything else.   

(Even MORE ignorance on your part)

Completely agree.. black culture is supporting the destruction of this country from the inside out.  Even when people within the black community itself declare that they are ostracised (remember Bill Cosby?).  As long as that's how the truth is received there will be no hope for improvement.

I am not a idealist, but a a realist, with ideas, my mind firmly knows what is the reality of the world and of the black community is, it's just as i said, "Definition", which is what MLK didn't see.

You are an idealist.  But being one doesn't lend you to ever realizing that fact.  (Also, ignorance.. You're on a roll aren't ya?)

Blacks are far more proud of being black than of being American.  That's a huge part of the problem right there.

Then ask yourself young jedi.. why do they never celebrate the Euro portion of that heritage, hmm?

I'm glad you have a laugh, the ignorant tend to not know what to make of a situation, so instead of figuring out what to do , they laugh at those who are do

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAA!!!!!!  OH MAN!!!  I absolutely love this.  You're a real winner aren't you?!?! ;D

Somehow, I managed a 680 on the reading/english portion of my SATs.  And judging by your completely awful writing ability I would have to guess that not only did I score higher than you on my SATs but probably every student you managed to make dumber while you claim to have been teaching.  Why did I have to correct YOUR grammar??!?!?  I even skipped many of your mistakes.  I feel sorry for every student you have failed through incompetence. 

I believe you were saying something about my ignorance, my Meade upbringing and my reading comprehension.. please, go on!! I'm cracking up over here!!!!  ;D

Brixtonbulldog

• Getbig V
« Reply #71 on: March 04, 2008, 12:30:49 PM »
Like parker said.    We have to do it one person at a time.   Some of the rappers have to switch their lyrics and give them a goal to succeed.  Obama would be great at lifting the black race esteem.   

I think rewarding them everytime they have a kid  (Govt money,rent,utilities,food) just created a lazy, hating culture. 

I believe in aid to get a hand up...but no-one should get a hand-out without working for it.

You contradict yourself.  Obama is uber left... with him we'll have more welfare, more handouts, more failure.

War-Horse

• Getbig V
« Reply #72 on: March 04, 2008, 12:38:38 PM »
You contradict yourself.  Obama is uber left... with him we'll have more welfare, more handouts, more failure.

True.   I do that alot. ;D

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #73 on: March 04, 2008, 04:20:32 PM »
Hang out in Pioneer City and Meade Village where the murder rates are akin to NW Bmore and then come back and say this again.  Won't happen.  (Ignorance on your part)

You haven't inspired enough to make any difference in this town.  The only thing that "inspires" a lot of those who were probably students of yours at one point is now the next hit.  You dealt with students who were still in school at the time.  After they drop out, start collecting welfare, and start a nice little habit then I get to deal with them.  (Further ignorance)

Oh, that's all people need to do?!?!  Well HOT DAMN!! I didn't know it was that easy!!!! ;D ::)

In all seriousness, not only is it not anywhere near that easy (and it hasn't happened) but even if it were that easy the people in the neighboorhoods I mentioned would never do it even if you paid them.  Why don't you take a gander around there.. and get back to me on what you think is most important to those people.  I've got everyone from 11 year old kids coming in to steal with their parents, to 80 year old woman stealing, and all the worst of everything else.   

(Even MORE ignorance on your part)

Completely agree.. black culture is supporting the destruction of this country from the inside out.  Even when people within the black community itself declare that they are ostracised (remember Bill Cosby?).  As long as that's how the truth is received there will be no hope for improvement.

You are an idealist.  But being one doesn't lend you to ever realizing that fact.  (Also, ignorance.. You're on a roll aren't ya?)

Blacks are far more proud of being black than of being American.  That's a huge part of the problem right there.

Then ask yourself young jedi.. why do they never celebrate the Euro portion of that heritage, hmm?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAA!!!!!!  OH MAN!!!  I absolutely love this.  You're a real winner aren't you?!?! ;D

Somehow, I managed a 680 on the reading/english portion of my SATs.  And judging by your completely awful writing ability I would have to guess that not only did I score higher than you on my SATs but probably every student you managed to make dumber while you claim to have been teaching.  Why did I have to correct YOUR grammar??!?!?  I even skipped many of your mistakes.  I feel sorry for every student you have failed through incompetence. 

I believe you were saying something about my ignorance, my Meade upbringing and my reading comprehension.. please, go on!! I'm cracking up over here!!!!  ;D

Ah, now it's come this..Pioneer City, Meade Village, been there done that. It's just like Robinwood. I'm not going to arguing on which is harder, that avoids the whole topic.  Cause all of them are the same to certain degrees. Murderers, Rapists, woman beaters, kiddie fiddlers, I've seen them all, and dealt with them personally.  You seen one place that was suppose to be set up as low income housing, you seen them all. Pioneer City, Meade Village, Montgomery Village, Brooklyn Park, all the same.It's the people who need to change.

Meanwhile you ignore what I said, and started corrected my grammar...Yeah, I just got off of mid-night shift, and responded.. Great way of avoiding what I have said.

You've said it's not easy, well i have done it as a teacher. And not in some pleading voice, bu showing young'ins structure, yet not judging dudes for what they do. Everybody wants respect to feel good or to make money. Some are to wrapped up in that lifestyle to care or give a shit, but they wouldn't want their children to do it. People get in a cycle, and have kids and continue the cycle.

Here's an example, sometimes  families who has never had a person go to college, will discourage others from going to college, because they contend that everybody needs to be as ignorant as them, and hate on anybody who does differently. Or those who achieve good grades are acting white or are discourage with threats for doing well. his has happened to me. Why do they think that? Well as I said, those people are caught up in a cycle and anything that is different than what they know, then they ignore it or dismiss it. And that is why it is very hard to get a hard-headed black population to stop it's own self-destruction.   

There are several reasons why people aren't doing it. One of them is because Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton. They keep blaming racism for the issues, instead of taking responsibility for one's own community. Bill Cosby is right on tract, but his problems with sexual harassment allegations keep fucking it up for him.

I do celebrate the Scottish side of me, but, one can clearly see that I am not a Scott. But, I use that as a reason not to hate, nor to place blame.

Yep, I am a real winner, the kids at Lake Clifton High School and Annapolis Middle thought so as well. And when I dealt with the kids in school, that is all I could do with at the time. Hopefully they go on and graduate (those that have a mind to) and go to school. I know some that have gone onto my Alma-Mater. Problem is, the "Streets" are big caller.  When you see drug dealers all your life with the iced out goods, and a teacher who doesn't who are you gonna follow? Who are you gonna listen to to. Especially when momma can't give  stuff, but the dealer does. There are many angles to look at things, and many ways to achieving a solution. But one can't, as you advocate, stop trying to figure out how to change the game. Because if there was a dramatic decline on black on black crime, you and I would both lose our jobs (Ah, see another angle..crime is big business...especially if you work in a jail ;))   

By the way, reading comprehension and grammar are two different things.. but I won't count it against ya. Unfortunately this is not a test, I choose to stick to the issues, if I wanted a grammar lesson, I'd print my post out and give it to my mother.

My issue with Obama lies not with Welfare, and more handouts, but how is he going to pay for all his "ideas", and what about illegal immigration? 

Brixtonbulldog

• Getbig V
« Reply #74 on: March 04, 2008, 04:43:06 PM »
Ah, now it's come this..Pioneer City, Meade Village, been there done that. It's just like Robinwood. I'm not going to arguing on which is harder, that avoids the whole topic.  Cause all of them are the same to certain degrees. Murderers, Rapists, woman beaters, kiddie fiddlers, I've seen them all, and dealt with them personally.  You seen one place that was suppose to be set up as low income housing, you seen them all. Pioneer City, Meade Village, Montgomery Village, Brooklyn Park, all the same.It's the people who need to change.

Then don't pretend that the area where I live cannot be as disgusting as where I work.  I knew that you knew better than that.

Meanwhile you ignore what I said, and started corrected my grammar...Yeah, I just got off of mid-night shift, and responded.. Great way of avoiding what I have said.

You asked for the lesson.  And I didn't ignore what you said.. but ideas are a lot easier to come up with than reasonable solutions.

You've said it's not easy, well i have done it as a teacher. And not in some pleading voice, bu showing young'ins structure, yet not judging dudes for what they do. Everybody wants respect to feel good or to make money. Some are to wrapped up in that lifestyle to care or give a shit, but they wouldn't want their children to do it. People get in a cycle, and have kids and continue the cycle.

Here's an example, sometimes  families who has never had a person go to college, will discourage others from going to college, because they contend that everybody needs to be as ignorant as them, and hate on anybody who does differently. Or those who achieve good grades are acting white or are discourage with threats for doing well. his has happened to me. Why do they think that? Well as I said, those people are caught up in a cycle and anything that is different than what they know, then they ignore it or dismiss it. And that is why it is very hard to get a hard-headed black population to stop it's own self-destruction.   

No argument there.

There are several reasons why people aren't doing it. One of them is because Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton. They keep blaming racism for the issues, instead of taking responsibility for one's own community. Bill Cosby is right on tract, but his problems with sexual harassment allegations keep fucking it up for him.

Right.. black "leadership" is a disgrace and have only hurt the black community.  I feel that Obama will do the same in various ways.  In fact, no liberal who gets elected will do the right things to encourage action within the people themselves. 

I do celebrate the Scottish side of me, but, one can clearly see that I am not a Scott. But, I use that as a reason not to hate, nor to place blame.

Yep, I am a real winner, the kids at Lake Clifton High School and Annapolis Middle thought so as well. And when I dealt with the kids in school, that is all I could do with at the time. Hopefully they go on and graduate (those that have a mind to) and go to school. I know some that have gone onto my Alma-Mater. Problem is, the "Streets" are big caller.  When you see drug dealers all your life with the iced out goods, and a teacher who doesn't who are you gonna follow? Who are you gonna listen to to. Especially when momma can't give  stuff, but the dealer does. There are many angles to look at things, and many ways to achieving a solution. But one can't, as you advocate, stop trying to figure out how to change the game. Because if there was a dramatic decline on black on black crime, you and I would both lose our jobs (Ah, see another angle..crime is big business...especially if you work in a jail ;))   

Well hopefully the ones that actually stayed in school won't fuck it all up.. but the drop out rates are astronomical.

I would rather have to find other work because people stop being so shitty (if you are a hard worker with integrity it's hard to not find work) then have to keep doing what I do.

By the way, reading comprehension and grammar are two different things.. but I won't count it against ya. Unfortunately this is not a test, I choose to stick to the issues, if I wanted a grammar lesson, I'd print my post out and give it to my mother.

I am completely serious when I say that if you don't know how to write a proper paragraph you have no business being a teacher.. ever.

My issue with Obama lies not with Welfare, and more handouts, but how is he going to pay for all his "ideas", and what about illegal immigration? 

Is the answer to this not obvious?