Author Topic: Chris Cook (recent pic)  (Read 46411 times)

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
Re: Chris Cook (recent pic)
« Reply #175 on: February 29, 2008, 10:00:57 AM »
How about this guy? If you saw him in the street would you say, "Man, that guy's got great genetics for bodybuilding"?

Even though he's not eating and training for bodybuilding anymore, the genes should still be there, right? To me, he looks like a regular guy.

If my wife saw this guy on the streets she'd probably love his sash, blouse and Old Navy ladies belt.

SS

• Getbig V
  • The new and improved SS.
« Reply #176 on: February 29, 2008, 10:03:26 AM »
If my wife saw this guy on the streets she'd probably love his sash, blouse and Old Navy ladies belt.
hahahahaha!......why do most "pros" have skinny necks?

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
« Reply #177 on: February 29, 2008, 10:07:34 AM »
hahahahaha!......why do most "pros" have skinny necks?

AHAAHAH!!!  You'd figure with all the side mouthjobs they take on they'd be bigger.

Tamer Razor

• Competitors II
  • Getbig III
« Reply #178 on: February 29, 2008, 10:16:32 AM »
How about this guy? If you saw him in the street would you say, "Man, that guy's got great genetics for bodybuilding"?

Even though he's not eating and training for bodybuilding anymore, the genes should still be there, right? To me, he looks like a regular guy.

Having Great genetics means have a small waist, tiny joints, great muscle insertions,great proportion between the torso and the legs, thin skin, good level of muscularity, muscle symmetry,ability to acquire low amounts of BF%, great response to muscle stimulus and so on. You can hypothetically looks at two individuals at 170lb and perceive structural advantages that one would have. The other genetic factor can be observe through response to training,diet and anabolics.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #179 on: February 29, 2008, 10:24:40 AM »
gh15 = god of hormones.   that's pretty good!

michael arvilla

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • facebook.com/michael.arvilla
« Reply #180 on: February 29, 2008, 10:29:33 AM »
YOU hear all the time about this Pro or that pro entering a bodybuilding contest before they ever even picked up a weight and winning or placing high......(Vic Richards)..........that's good/great bb genetics

people in school calling you "Arnold" and you havent even lifted a weight yet................

people telling you you look like a bodybuilder you should compete (again before you have even lifted)

then there is "genetic" response to "gear" ..............combine the two and presto!

IFBB superstar!

Tamer Razor

• Competitors II
  • Getbig III
« Reply #181 on: February 29, 2008, 10:41:51 AM »
YOU hear all the time about this Pro or that pro entering a bodybuilding contest before they ever even picked up a weight and winning or placing high......(Vic Richards)..........that's good/great bb genetics

people in school calling you "Arnold" and you havent even lifted a weight yet................

people telling you you look like a bodybuilder you should compete (again before you have even lifted)

then there is "genetic" response to "gear" ..............combine the two and presto!

IFBB superstar!

8)

BigSexy50

• Getbig III
« Reply #182 on: February 29, 2008, 10:50:03 AM »
no friend im not derek as much as you want me to be :D

Sometimes you slip out of character, and then you remind me of Adonis.  Hmmm....

dearth

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #183 on: February 29, 2008, 11:15:17 AM »
good bodybuilding genetics =  the ability to retain muscle

none of the clowns pictured on this thread do that very well without the "minor" contribution of steroids.

so much for your "its all hard work, eating 8 meals a day and reading flex magazine" fantasy.

Having Great genetics means have a small waist, tiny joints, great muscle insertions,great proportion between the torso and the legs, thin skin, good level of muscularity, muscle symmetry,ability to acquire low amounts of BF%, great response to muscle stimulus and so on. You can hypothetically looks at two individuals at 170lb and perceive structural advantages that one would have. The other genetic factor can be observe through response to training,diet and anabolics.

Tamer Razor

• Competitors II
  • Getbig III
« Reply #184 on: February 29, 2008, 12:01:54 PM »
good bodybuilding genetics =  the ability to retain muscle

none of the clowns pictured on this thread do that very well without the "minor" contribution of steroids.

so much for your "its all hard work, eating 8 meals a day and reading flex magazine" fantasy.

Please do not discuss something that you have no knowledge. Muscle has absolutely no biological need to the body. Muscle is a unnecessary luxury, if anything excess muscle compromise and overload the body. As an example 1lb of fat requires roughly 9 cal to be maintain compair to 69 cal from the same muscle weight. That is not considering the obvious high levels of oxygen muscle requires compere to any other tissue. The muscle is a protection mechanism of the body in response to stimulus. Once the stimulus is halt the body will rapidly get rid of it as has no need or use for it. Your association of genetics and muscle retention is ignorance to the max.

MindSpin

• Getbig V
  • MMA > Boxing
« Reply #185 on: February 29, 2008, 12:36:11 PM »

I'm not sure you quite understand everything involved in "genetics".  Good lines, round muscles, bone structure, etc. are but a fraction of what is a function of genetics.  Response to weight training, diet and drugs is highly dependent on genetic predispositions.  Take Leverone and Arvilla as examples.  Although Mike is naturally a bigger guy with a larger bone structure, he will never look anything like Leverone regardless of how hard he trains, diets & juices.  Kevin, on the other hand, could in a matter of months train, diet & juice again look like a freak.

What I'm trying to say is that "all drugs" is not accurate.  It should be "all genetics"...   
w

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
  • Mel Gibson and Bob Sly World Domination
« Reply #186 on: February 29, 2008, 12:41:23 PM »

probably in better shape than you and 95% of this forum.

He's hitting his 40's.. Cut him some slack.

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #187 on: February 29, 2008, 12:56:42 PM »
Am I missing something, here?

What's so spectacular about this guy's genetics?

what is a man supposed to look like when he is sick ???

E
E

gh15

• Getbig V
  • angels
« Reply #188 on: February 29, 2008, 01:23:39 PM »
I'm not sure you quite understand everything involved in "genetics".  Good lines, round muscles, bone structure, etc. are but a fraction of what is a function of genetics.  Response to weight training, diet and drugs is highly dependent on genetic predispositions.  Take Leverone and Arvilla as examples.  Although Mike is naturally a bigger guy with a larger bone structure, he will never look anything like Leverone regardless of how hard he trains, diets & juices.  Kevin, on the other hand, could in a matter of months train, diet & juice again look like a freak.

What I'm trying to say is that "all drugs" is not accurate.  It should be "all genetics"...   

thasts why kevin was a top professional ,,,but speaking of the ability to get a pro card a lot more can achieve it see kenny and kamali see cook and tom prince,,see greg k and mike queen...

being a national competitor is super easy if you got the loads of drugs needed  no matter if you got good bellie muscle or average ,,,no matter if you got good sweep or not ....anyone can be national competitor see tropopin which is one while you with a lot better muscle shape didnt turn professional or did high level national placings AND YOU COULD!

drugs has a lot to do with ones physiqe up to the national stage ,,,on the national stage they will take you apart and make sure that you got everything needed at the time inorder to get that pro card,,,but then again you got the kamalis and the kennys who just by illusion and will mixed with lots of drugs and the right weight class turned professional,,,

i garentee to you that you could have looked a lot better than stan yet stan has a pro card and you didnt go for it because of the thought that everything is in the so called genetics and its not
fallen angel

MindSpin

• Getbig V
  • MMA > Boxing
« Reply #189 on: February 29, 2008, 02:03:36 PM »
thasts why kevin was a top professional ,,,but speaking of the ability to get a pro card a lot more can achieve it see kenny and kamali see cook and tom prince,,see greg k and mike queen...

being a national competitor is super easy if you got the loads of drugs needed  no matter if you got good bellie muscle or average ,,,no matter if you got good sweep or not ....anyone can be national competitor see tropopin which is one while you with a lot better muscle shape didnt turn professional or did high level national placings AND YOU COULD!

drugs has a lot to do with ones physiqe up to the national stage ,,,on the national stage they will take you apart and make sure that you got everything needed at the time inorder to get that pro card,,,but then again you got the kamalis and the kennys who just by illusion and will mixed with lots of drugs and the right weight class turned professional,,,

i garentee to you that you could have looked a lot better than stan yet stan has a pro card and you didnt go for it because of the thought that everything is in the so called genetics and its not

I think you're a knowledgeable guy, but I'm not so sure I agree.  While I never dabbled with GH/slin, I did go HEAVY on androgens/anabolics.  The year I won the NPC Mr. Huntington Beach, I came in at 185 pretty damn shredded.  I used mild dosages and was never on for more than 10-12 weeks straight.  I did the NPC Mr LA 18 months later.  During that time I cycled for 10 months straight with easily triple the dosages than the prior year.  I managed to come in a measly 9lbs heavier and not as dry.   So, in my experience more drugs did nothing for me.  I probably could have stuck with it and managed to add 5-10 lbs per year, but I'm pretty sure I would have never been able to add enough muscle to be truly competitive...     
w

iabadman2

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #190 on: February 29, 2008, 02:43:34 PM »
   Mindspin .......I don't post here alot  ,but believe me, I have been around for awhile . No need to go into detail about me ,but I will say I have seen you in person .[years ago when you were Met-rx] and I agree with GH15 [usually do as well ] .You had all the makings of a pro . You had a great total package ,also good looks , and a freaking brain .[ and no, I am far from gay if that even matters] . You could be pro in 2-3 years right now and be competitive. You just weren't playing the same game as they other top guys in your era . You didn't need to be on long cycles or even high dosages .......gear is just a tool to keep you moving past your natural limits . Not a means to an end . Yes ,low dose GH and insulin would have helped and not ruined your physique if done  intelligently and not recklessly........If say 185 -190 was your best pealed ,then I would say at 215 -220 you could have beat a guy like Darrem on a regular basis and he has won 8 pro shows  .[and I know he doesn't use a whole lot of gear for a fact] You are what a pro should be and would have been a great example of of what these guys should aspire to look like . GH15 is a wise man .......

Also ,if you read this .I would love for you to pm and maybe give some insight to your diet and training methods back in your peak .Always fun to see how people did their thing . Also ,I am a big Dr Scott Connelly fan .....love to hear what you learned from him and if you think his new products will be good or not......I know you are busy ,but I would appreciate  to hearing  from you ......all my best to you and you family ....

Croatch

• Getbig V
  • Man up, train natural.
« Reply #191 on: February 29, 2008, 02:56:19 PM »
Please do not discuss something that you have no knowledge. Muscle has absolutely no biological need to the body. Muscle is a unnecessary luxury, if anything excess muscle compromise and overload the body. As an example 1lb of fat requires roughly 9 cal to be maintain compair to 69 cal from the same muscle weight. That is not considering the obvious high levels of oxygen muscle requires compere to any other tissue. The muscle is a protection mechanism of the body in response to stimulus. Once the stimulus is halt the body will rapidly get rid of it as has no need or use for it. Your association of genetics and muscle retention is ignorance to the max.
Please stop posting.  I don't post on getbig to get smarter, just for amusement. ;)
I know very little about the human body, other than how to put on 55lbs of lean mass, without drugs. :-\
N

Tamer Razor

• Competitors II
  • Getbig III
« Reply #192 on: February 29, 2008, 03:33:05 PM »
Croatch,
            I do have alot of respect for the path you choose. We have more in common that you may think. Like you I believe that genetics, train and diet are what makes Bodybuilding. Anabolics is a obvious part of sports in general. Maybe unfortunately but just reality. As We choose different goals we go our different ways. I really do not want sound smart, but fuck when someone says something that stupid....got to correct it.

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #193 on: February 29, 2008, 04:38:02 PM »
As an example 1lb of fat requires roughly 9 cal to be maintain compair to 69 cal from the same muscle weight.
A pound of muscle burns 7 calories, according to the latest research.

Tamer Razor

• Competitors II
  • Getbig III
« Reply #194 on: February 29, 2008, 04:43:39 PM »
A pound of muscle burns 7 calories, according to the latest research.

If you read it you will realize I said the body requires 69 cal to MANTAIN 1lb of muscle.

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #195 on: February 29, 2008, 04:52:13 PM »
If you read it you will realize I said the body requires 69 cal to MANTAIN 1lb of muscle.
I'm not sure I understand. If basal metabolic rate went up by 7 calories per pound of muscle gained why would you need to eat another 62 cals to maintain it? Eating as much as you burn means you maintain your current weight. If not, you underestimated your BMR.

Tamer Razor

• Competitors II
  • Getbig III
« Reply #196 on: February 29, 2008, 05:06:48 PM »
Van Biderass,

You comparing two different things. In analogy, an engine may burn 7cal,but that does not relate to the amount of calories the engine requires to be maintained. The levels of oxygen and energy the muscle require are far superior that any other tissue. The body require minimum amounts of energy to maintain fat tissue. That is why is so complicated to lose fat. The body often when put into a catabolic state will rather lose muscle that fat. As that mathematically would make more sense to lose the tissue that needs more calories to be maintained.

dearth

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #197 on: February 29, 2008, 06:19:52 PM »
"Muscle has absolutely no biological need to the body" - do you know how factually incorrect that statement is?
we are talking about something a basic middle school science student ought to know, and you are clearly out of your league.

Q - how do people move their limbs?
A - muscles

hope this helps.

btw - your posts reinforce the stereotype that juiceheads are idiots.

YoungBlood

• Getbig V
  • Weee!
« Reply #198 on: February 29, 2008, 06:33:45 PM »

I think, by biological need, he meant that if you don't use it, you lose it. So, by Kevin bulking up to 270 and having to eat a ton-which he no longer cares to do....he doesn't eat and workout like he used to. So he loses the muscle.
Just trying to clarify...maybe I'm off here?

DOGGCRAPP

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #199 on: February 29, 2008, 06:40:51 PM »
    I got a question for people on this thread with some muscle on them considering they have been training hardcore as a bodybuilder for all these years. If next week you decided you really werent into lifting anymore and the passion was gone.....and you decided to become the best motorcross racer, 10k runner, or mountain hiker you could possibly become - what would happen to the physique you have today? Would you still eat and train hardcore as a bodybuilder even though your heart wasnt into it just so your fellow brethren at Getbig wouldnt make fun at how small you got? Or would train to become the best motorcross, 10k runner, or hiker and do your own thing anyway? I really dont understand these posts as what good is it to be a bulked up 280 with no wind at all (gassed out in 33 seconds) as a MMA fighter? If your 275 as a bodybuilder and you want to be a great sprint swimmer, whats going to do it? 275 or 190? Some of you guys explain it to me why its so utterly important for Chris Clark to stay big when he is pursuing a sport where conditioning and skill is what matters? Kevin Levrone sure as heck wasnt going to get an acting part to save his life (except as the atypical bouncer/henchman in the background role) if he didnt conform to the acting look of hollywood so I see exactly why he did what he did also.

I guess Im asking for your point of view because I truly dont get why you want these guys to walk around with 20 inch arms when thats the last thing on their mind right now....