Author Topic: Draft talk  (Read 25421 times)

body88

Draft talk
« on: February 28, 2008, 01:18:45 PM »
Keep the bullshit out of this thread. This thread is for football fans to talk about the draft.

Pats are picking at number seven. I love Rodgers Cromartie. He dominated at the senior bowl. I expect the pats tp try and trade down a bit, unless Jake long, or Chris long are still on the board.

The pats project to be 21 million under the cap. I guess free agency will decide how they draft.

CARTEL

• Getbig V
  • Have a good time, all the time.
Re: Draft talk
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2008, 10:07:47 PM »

Pats are picking at number seven. I love Rodgers Cromartie.

I'm hoping he falls to the Cowboys. Great Athlete. We should probably take Sweed or Desean Jackson in the first also if available.

BTW, what's all this crap I've been hearing about Moss maybe going to my 'boys? The Pats aren't going to let him go are they? TO and Moss on the same team makes for an awesome offense, terrible lockeroom.

body88

« Reply #2 on: February 29, 2008, 05:51:58 AM »
I think it was a rumor started when the pats did not franchise Moss. Everyone around here think they are close to a deal. The only reason the pats would not have franchised Moss was because they had a deal hammered out. They could not announce anything until today so we shall see.

After watching Moss play all year I can tell you this team loved him. I dont think he would do wel under a coach like Wade in Dallas. Nothing against Wade, but imo Moss would not do well with a guy as laid back as Wade.

Imo this is just a rumor. Some bonehead said the pats where going to trade Wilfork if DOrsey was on the board when they picked. Haha that was the dumbest one I heard. Trade a young proven beast of a DE for a rookie.

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #3 on: February 29, 2008, 06:21:19 AM »
I think it was a rumor started when the pats did not franchise Moss. Everyone around here think they are close to a deal. The only reason the pats would not have franchised Moss was because they had a deal hammered out. They could not announce anything until today so we shall see.

After watching Moss play all year I can tell you this team loved him. I dont think he would do wel under a coach like Wade in Dallas. Nothing against Wade, but imo Moss would not do well with a guy as laid back as Wade.

Imo this is just a rumor. Some bonehead said the pats where going to trade Wilfork if DOrsey was on the board when they picked. Haha that was the dumbest one I heard. Trade a young proven beast of a DE for a rookie.

I know how ya feel.sometimes I read the Giants fan forum ::)they bring stupid to a whole new level.

I think alot of the Giants draft will depend if they loose Gibril Wilson{who I think has become a damn good safety},and if they loose Kawika Mitchell one of the starting LB's

...and how in the hell can the Giants top last years draft ;D

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
  • I can spot crazy pussy....
« Reply #4 on: February 29, 2008, 06:36:16 AM »
     The Ravens are talking QB for this year's draft but selecting 8th will rule any possibility of drafting Matt Ryan out of BC. They're better off drafting a cornerback in the 1st round and then going after a QB in the second.

This Donovan Mcnabb trade to the Ravens talk is getting ridiculous. He's only 31 years old but he's been injured quite often in the last couple of years. Mcnair will retire because his body's shot and Boller will probably start the season as the starter.

The 2008 season for the Ravens is really like going into the great unknown. Not sure what to expect(even thought Body88 has his opinion for the next few seasons) but we'll see. New head coach, solid running back, same defensive coordinator, steady defense still in place. Hope it translates into some double digit wins.

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #5 on: February 29, 2008, 07:01:53 AM »
     The Ravens are talking QB for this year's draft but selecting 8th will rule any possibility of drafting Matt Ryan out of BC. They're better off drafting a cornerback in the 1st round and then going after a QB in the second.

This Donovan Mcnabb trade to the Ravens talk is getting ridiculous. He's only 31 years old but he's been injured quite often in the last couple of years. Mcnair will retire because his body's shot and Boller will probably start the season as the starter.

The 2008 season for the Ravens is really like going into the great unknown. Not sure what to expect(even thought Body88 has his opinion for the next few seasons) but we'll see. New head coach, solid running back, same defensive coordinator, steady defense still in place. Hope it translates into some double digit wins.

Henne in the second round would be a nice pick.

Cap

• Getbig V
  • Trueprotein.com 5% discount code= CSP111
« Reply #6 on: February 29, 2008, 07:44:54 AM »
My boy Josh Barrett looks like he will be a dark horse, possible first rounder.  A 235 lb safety running a 4.33 I believe.  Other than Ryan Torain I don't see anyone besides him getting in from ASU.
Squishy face retard

body88

« Reply #7 on: February 29, 2008, 07:50:36 AM »

I called Ryan going to the Ravens earlier this year. If he gets past Parcels I think the ravens take him. Parcels will take Chris Long if he cannot trade down. Its a damn shame because that is who I wanted the pats to take. I watched him play a lot this year, and he is the real deal. Great pocket passer who is pretty damn mobile.

I think the pats will trade down a bit and grab DRC if C long and J long are off the boards
Ryan didn't exactly have the best weapons surrounding him, and he excelled at a very high level.

body88

« Reply #8 on: February 29, 2008, 07:52:30 AM »
My boy Josh Barrett looks like he will be a dark horse, possible first rounder.  A 235 lb safety running a 4.33 I believe.  Other than Ryan Torain I don't see anyone besides him getting in from ASU.

I was hoping he would last until the second round and the pats would look at him. Teddy Bru is a sun devil  :)

Cap

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: February 29, 2008, 07:54:02 AM »
I was hoping he would last until the second round and the pats would look at him. Teddy Bru is a sun devil  :)
Blasphemer! He is a Wildcat.   ;D  Barrett is a good guy, down to Earth.  Pats were checking out Torain and Barrett earlier this year. ...
Squishy face retard

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #10 on: February 29, 2008, 08:13:54 AM »
any good websites that review the 1st round potentials?  i havent follwoed in months.

milfer

• Getbig III
« Reply #11 on: February 29, 2008, 09:19:58 AM »
Keep the bullshit out of this thread. This thread is for football fans to talk about the draft.

Pats are picking at number seven. I love Rodgers Cromartie. He dominated at the senior bowl. I expect the pats tp try and trade down a bit, unless Jake long, or Chris long are still on the board.

The pats project to be 21 million under the cap. I guess free agency will decide how they draft.

i sold a car to his grandmother last week
?

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #12 on: February 29, 2008, 09:39:25 AM »
any good websites that review the 1st round potentials?  i havent follwoed in months.

I just put in a search for-2008 nfl mock draft

...usually daily,I'm kind addicted :-\

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #13 on: February 29, 2008, 09:53:25 AM »

Giants might need a safety ;),especially if they lose Wilson to free agency.
did he make alot of plays in college or is he one of those "potential" guys?

The Giants GM,Reece drafts on production not potential.

Cap

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: February 29, 2008, 11:24:52 AM »

Giants might need a safety ;),especially if they lose Wilson to free agency.
did he make alot of plays in college or is he one of those "potential" guys?

The Giants GM,Reece drafts on production not potential.

Naw, he was a major playmaker.  When he got hurt 2x his presence in the secondary was missed.  He hits hard, is fast and gets into position for picks really well.  He can get out of coverage sometimes but every time we had a televised game, he and Robert James were always mentioned on defense.  What's funny is that he looks kinda like Strahan.

Edit: Just saw him in the gym; looking big.

Squishy face retard

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #15 on: February 29, 2008, 12:27:01 PM »
my steelers will take an o lineman to replace faneca

either jeff otah from pitt or some samoan from usc

E
E

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #16 on: February 29, 2008, 12:30:19 PM »
Naw, he was a major playmaker.  When he got hurt 2x his presence in the secondary was missed.  He hits hard, is fast and gets into position for picks really well.  He can get out of coverage sometimes but every time we had a televised game, he and Robert James were always mentioned on defense.  What's funny is that he looks kinda like Strahan.

Edit: Just saw him in the gym; looking big.

Sounds just like what the Giants need :)
"With the 31 pick the New York Giants choose..."

body88

« Reply #17 on: March 02, 2008, 12:25:58 PM »
my steelers will take an o lineman to replace faneca

either jeff otah from pitt or some samoan from usc

E

I think the Steelers might take a look at Gosder Cherilus out of Boston College.  6 ' 6 320 , and he plays with  a mean streak like you read about. I saw him get into a fight with a fellow tackle at the combine because the kid was not happy Gosder made him look like a bitch. No one could get past Cherilus at the combine.

I hope the pats take a look at Gosder, the kids a beasttt.....

body88

« Reply #18 on: March 02, 2008, 12:26:47 PM »
i sold a car to his grandmother last week

Really, did she talk about her grand son's at all?

body88

« Reply #19 on: March 03, 2008, 06:25:35 AM »
If Chris long or Jake long are not on the boards at number seven, I hope the pats trade down a bit and take DRC... DRC put on a show at the combine, but more importently he tore up the senior bowl against the best the country has to offer. I want to see the pats trade down to 14 or so and take DRC, grab a extra 2009 first rounder, take Quenton Groves with the second rounder, Barrett with Oaklands third, and Gosder Cherilous with our late third.

Check out the second video down, DRC is a beast........

http://www.thephinsider.com/story/2008/2/23/15250/3977

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #20 on: March 03, 2008, 11:22:35 AM »
Well,I'm pretty sure the Giants will be looking at safety and LB early in the draft.

body88

« Reply #21 on: March 10, 2008, 02:24:46 PM »
I like this mock for the pats

Round 1
Patriots trade back to #13 with the Carolina Panthers, to allow them to draft top DT prospect Sedrick Ellis. They also pick up the Panthers second round pick.

With the #13 pick, the Patriots select Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie. Asante who?

Round 2
With the Panthers second round pick the Patriots select pass rusher, Cliff Avril. He will be groomed as a situational pass rusher and his 4.5 speed is indicative of an explosive first step.

With their own second round pick the Patriots select G/T Branden Albert, as insurance for Neal.

Round 3
With their early third round pick the Patriots select ILB, Jonathon Goff.

With their final third round pick the Patriots select CB, Chevis Jackson.

Now check out our young DBs - DRC 6'2, 184 lbs, Jackson, 6'0, 184 lbs. The Patriots are now well equipped for the future to handle the Colts receivers, and Burress won't be contested by midgets if his team can make it to the big dance again.

I think if the patspick at number 7 it would only be for a short list of players...  Jake Long, Ryan Clady or Chris Long ; thats about it imo... I  cant see the pats sinking the huge commitment into a lb at number seven, unless it is Chris Long, because Chris is a very special - (elephant type) of linebacker. Quenton Groves and Derek Harvey fit the pats system at the lb position just as good as Gholston does, and Avril would be that guy the pats need to complete the lb core. Belichik never takes lb's  high do to the complexity of the position in the pats defense. The pats just signed Seward from Carolina - (who is young - and has huge upside in the pats system) Eric Alexander is ready to step up, Ad will go outside and Vrabel will go inside.

The O is going to be better then in 08..  The return of Sammy Morris, Chad Jackson and David Thomas will make the O even more potent then last year. Brady - Moss , Welker,  Jackson, Gaff, Maroney, Morris, Faulk, Watson, Thomas and Span.

body88

« Reply #22 on: March 11, 2008, 10:06:40 AM »
I love this Mock....

Trade down to number 15 with Chicago - ( Matt Ryan), or Carolina - (Clady), and the pats draft :

Rd 1 #14 - Quentin Groves OLB/Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie CB
Rd 2 #44 - Antoine Cason CB Arizona
Rd 2 #62 - Chris Johnson RB East Carolina
Rd 3 #69 - Jonathan Goff ILB
Rd 3 #94 - Tavares Gooden ILB Miami
Rd 4 #126 - Dexter Jackson WR Appalachian St.
Rd 5 #158 - Adam Seward ILB - ( Pick was traded to Carolina for Seward)

I would love this freakin Draft

milfer

• Getbig III
« Reply #23 on: March 12, 2008, 07:54:22 AM »
I love this Mock....

Trade down to number 15 with Chicago - ( Matt Ryan), or Carolina - (Clady), and the pats draft :

Rd 1 #14 - Quentin Groves OLB/Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie CB
Rd 2 #44 - Antoine Cason CB Arizona
Rd 2 #62 - Chris Johnson RB East Carolina
Rd 3 #69 - Jonathan Goff ILB
Rd 3 #94 - Tavares Gooden ILB Miami
Rd 4 #126 - Dexter Jackson WR Appalachian St.
Rd 5 #158 - Adam Seward ILB - ( Pick was traded to Carolina for Seward)

I would love this freakin Draft

that would be a good draft and knowing the pats it wont supprise me but cason's not gonna make it the second round
?

body88

« Reply #24 on: March 12, 2008, 01:29:10 PM »
that would be a good draft and knowing the pats it wont supprise me but cason's not gonna make it the second round

Cason has already been to Foxboro for two visits. I think Cason will be there early second round - there is so much db talent in this draft, not to mention Cason projects as a zone corner, and most teams with db needs run a lot of man....

This draft is loaded with Corners - Mckelvin, Talib, DRC, Flowers and Porter to name a few.. Cason will be rated lower then these players, but for a team that runs a lot of zone - ( like the pats) he will be rated very high....

I would crap my pants if the pats pulled of the draft I listed above.. This is how I see the o8 draft - (value wise) for the partriots...I didn't include certain players - (like Mcfadden and Ryan), because I feel there is no chance the pats draft them...

Tier 1 -- Value #1-#8
Jake Long OT Michigan
Chris Long LB Virginia
Sedrick Ellis DE Georgia Tech
Ryan Clady OT Boise St
Glen Dorsey -USC

Tier 2 -- Value #9-#20
Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie CB Tennessee St
Vernon Gholston LB Ohio St
Quentin Groves LB Auburn
Leodis McKelvin CB Troy

Tier 3 -- Value #21-#35