Author Topic: Draft talk  (Read 25456 times)

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
Re: Draft talk
« Reply #100 on: April 26, 2008, 05:43:34 PM »
Ravens take Flacco  8) Good pick, the birds did the right thing.

based on what? playing well against 1AA competition?  people were intrigued by Boller's measurables at the combine and now Flacco ::)

he was at Pitt and got beat out by two qb's that weren't drafted so he transfered to play inferior competition, the local media in the burgh was basically laughing at the ravens ;D

oh and i really don't like the mendenhall pick my steelers made, we need help on the line and good running backs can be found throughout the draft heck willie parker was a free agent :-\

they should've taken a lineman in the 1st and then taken ray rice in the second, who is now a raven

E
E

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
  • I can spot crazy pussy....
« Reply #101 on: April 26, 2008, 05:54:05 PM »
Ray Rice. Very surpring pick that early in the second round for the birds.

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #102 on: April 26, 2008, 07:06:01 PM »
Giants did nada and their man just fell to them 8)

body88

« Reply #103 on: April 26, 2008, 07:09:04 PM »
based on what? playing well against 1AA competition?  people were intrigued by Boller's measurables at the combine and now Flacco ::)

he was at Pitt and got beat out by two qb's that weren't drafted so he transfered to play inferior competition, the local media in the burgh was basically laughing at the ravens ;D

oh and i really don't like the mendenhall pick my steelers made, we need help on the line and good running backs can be found throughout the draft heck willie parker was a free agent :-\

they should've taken a lineman in the 1st and then taken ray rice in the second, who is now a raven

E

False, based on his film and ability to make NFL throws. I like the pick, and I think it will pay off for them.

body88

« Reply #104 on: April 26, 2008, 07:12:25 PM »
Ray Rice. Very surpring pick that early in the second round for the birds.

Rice obv was ranked very high on the birds board, and they draft well so no worries.

Look at Logan mankins.. The pats took him late in the first round a few years back and all the goofs like Kiper said it was a huge reach. PFT did a draft review recently and found that based on Mankins productivity, he should have been taken in the top five the year he was drafted. Mankins is now an all pro player, and one of the best o linemen in the NFL.

Mayok is the only one worth a shit out of the so called experts. Its all about how players project in your system.

Some players I hope to see the pats take with thier three 3's tommorow.

OLB Avril
OLB Crable
TE Stevens
S Morgan
CB Godfrey
CB/S R. Smith
G Zuttah
RB Jamaal Charles
DE Kendall Langford
DT Athya Rubin
NT Red Bryant
OL Anthony Collins
ILB Goff

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #105 on: April 26, 2008, 07:40:59 PM »

E

Alot of teams are oing with to backs now.Ben has the big wr he wanted now.

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #106 on: April 26, 2008, 07:43:43 PM »
Rice obv was ranked very high on the birds board, and they draft well so no worries.

Look at Logan mankins.. The pats took him late in the first round a few years back and all the goofs like Kiper said it was a huge reach. PFT did a draft review recently and found that based on Mankins productivity, he should have been taken in the top five the year he was drafted. Mankins is now an all pro player, and one of the best o linemen in the NFL.

Mayok is the only one worth a shit out of the so called experts. Its all about how players project in your system.

Some players I hope to see the pats take with thier three 3's tommorow.

OLB Avril
OLB Crable
TE Stevens
S Morgan
CB Godfrey
CB/S R. Smith
G Zuttah
RB Jamaal Charles
DE Kendall Langford
DT Athya Rubin
NT Red Bryant
OL Anthony Collins
ILB Goff

Suprising how many picks went early that people had picked for later rounds.Nelson the wr from Kansas,the wr from Eastern Carolina,and the wr from Appalachian st.
and hardly ANY lb's went today.

body88

« Reply #107 on: April 27, 2008, 07:57:59 AM »
Jarod Mayo -  ILB Shawn Crable - OLB  Wheatley - CB and the chargers 2009 second rounder so far. I am very happy with this draft thus far.

Crable and Mayo are the best 3/4 prospects for the pats that where in this draft imo. Wheatley is going to excel in the 3/4. Blazing speed, as well as his top notch man coverage skills. Another sleeper picked by bb and Pioli in the mold of Asante Samuel.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #108 on: April 27, 2008, 06:55:16 PM »
Tough day for my UH Warriors. I like where Colt ended up, but would have rather seen him in S.F., Detroit, Tampa, or K.C. What was Carolina thinking? Zorn will be good for Colt and obviously likes him: "Jim Zorn liked all the intangibles ... leadership on the field," Vinnie Cerrato, vice president of player operations said on ESPN. "The guy has had a ton of success."

Looks like good destinations for all of the FAs (with DT Michael Lafaele likely to get into camp with someone too):

Davone Bess said he agreed to a two-year, free-agent contract with the Miami Dolphins. He said he reports to the Dolphins on Thursday.

Bess said he is not discouraged about going the free-agent route.

“I’ve jumped over 100 hurdles my whole life,” he said. “What’s one more?”

He also has no regrets about deciding to relinquish his senior season to apply for the NFL draft.

“No regrets at all,” he said. “One year wouldn’t have made a difference.”

And Jason Rivers has agreed to a free-agent contract with the Tennessee Titans. Rivers also leaves Thursday.

As for not being drafted, Rivers said: “Everything in my life has been hard. I’ve had to work for it. This is no different. It’s kind of silly to think it would be given to me, handed on a silver platter. Even if I were drafted, I’d still have to work for it. This is kind of humbling, and it puts things in perspective.”

Ryan Grice-Mullins said he has agreed to terms with the Houston Texans.

And Hercules Satele is going to sign with the Arizona Cardinals.

http://warriorbeat.honadvblogs.com/

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #109 on: April 28, 2008, 09:36:43 AM »
Great stuff by the Gmen.safety and a corner.super Mario from Michigan.two very productive lb's and a de that is raw and needs work.

americanbulldog

• Getbig IV
« Reply #110 on: April 28, 2008, 10:40:22 AM »
Great stuff by the Gmen.safety and a corner.super Mario from Michigan.two very productive lb's and a de that is raw and needs work.

They should have unloaded Shockey.  They are going to have a malcontent who knows they don't want him on their team, killing morale. 

Earl, how do you feel about the Stillers draft? 

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #111 on: April 28, 2008, 10:43:56 AM »
we got good value picks, mendenhall was a top 15 pick according to many and sweed was a 1st rounder if not for the injuries

but our line still sucks, why did they draft dennis dixon?

E
E

americanbulldog

• Getbig IV
« Reply #112 on: April 28, 2008, 10:46:49 AM »
we got good value picks, mendenhall was a top 15 pick according to many and sweed was a 1st rounder if not for the injuries

E

Slash part deux.  I think Kemo will surprise people.  I have done a couple of transactions for his family here in HI.  Nice family.  He has a younger brother who will be joining he and Maake in a couple of years in the NFL.  I hope dennis dixon is more Randel El versus Tee Martin.  He is a good athlete, maybe he will replace Reid (Rossum) on KRs.  I like the idea of having Ward, Swede, Holmes, Nate in a four wideout set.  Spaeth will come into his own this year as well. 

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #113 on: April 28, 2008, 11:01:50 AM »
They should have unloaded Shockey.  They are going to have a malcontent who knows they don't want him on their team, killing morale.

All of his teamates including Manning have come out and said they want him on the team.
if he runs his mouth he will have no legs to stand on because it's been proved they can play well without him.

CARTEL

• Getbig V
  • Have a good time, all the time.
« Reply #114 on: April 28, 2008, 09:11:50 PM »

E

With the line you guys have, he might be the only QB that can stay alive back there  ;D

Seriously, I think they should try to groom him as a quarterback. He could be a great change up to Big Ben as a backup.

It would've been smart for them to get some lineman but, they really scored on the skill positions.

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #115 on: April 29, 2008, 08:15:09 AM »
ANY COWBOY FANS HERE....
HOW DO YOU FEEL ABOUT THE WASTE OF THE FIRST ROUND PICKS..
MAN O MAN MY FRIED THREW HIS BEER AT THE TV WHEN THEY PICKED FELIX JONES WHILE THE KID FROM ILL WAS STILL THERE...I THOUGHT IT WAS AN ALRIGHT PICK. THE FUNNIEST  PICK WAS THE FIRST ROUND PICK FOR A SLOW CORNER OUT OF SOUTH FLORIDA...I CANT EVEN FIND HIGHLIGHTS OF THIS KID...WHAT A WASTE OF A COUPLE OF PICKS

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #116 on: April 29, 2008, 08:21:12 AM »
i think my hometown team The Rams did pretty good in picking up Chris Long, Donnie Avery and a big OT/OG from Toledo, Leonard Little is getting older and they need a good pass rusher with the way the NFL is becoming such a pass obsessed league, i think he'll make a pretty good impact this year, i would have been happy with either Long or Dorsey.

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #117 on: April 29, 2008, 08:23:07 AM »
i like how st louis did....they could have a pretty good season in the nfc west...

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #118 on: April 29, 2008, 08:31:36 AM »
i like how st louis did....they could have a pretty good season in the nfc west...
yeah they should def. do better than 3-13 like last season but 75 percent of their starting offensive line was injured and that spells disaster for ANY team, they won't set the world on fire but they'll be improved.

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #119 on: April 29, 2008, 11:31:47 AM »
yeah they should def. do better than 3-13 like last season but 75 percent of their starting offensive line was injured and that spells disaster for ANY team, they won't set the world on fire but they'll be improved.

Justin King the corner from Penn St. was a steal in the 3rd round.

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #120 on: April 29, 2008, 11:48:26 AM »

E

I don't know as much as you about your local media but there isn't a team in the NFL who didn't rank Flacco at least in the first two rounds on their draft boards. Call me crazy but I'll trust the evaluations of actual NFL teams and scouting rather than your local media.

And wasn't Flacco a freshman or sophomore when he transferred to Delaware? Ever heard of learning curve where players actually get better as they progress through college? could it be he was playing behind elder classmen who were recruited and brought into the program before Flacco even got there? Maybe the offense PITT was running didn't cater to Flacco's strenghts? Division one athletes transfer to other schools all the time for a chance to compete for a starting QB position.

If he ends up being another Kyle Boller, then you were right all along. But until then, you don't know shit.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #121 on: April 29, 2008, 11:52:51 AM »
The "experts" are wrong about as much as they are right.  For example, here are some of Len Pasquarelli's and Mel Kiper's draft grades right after the 2003 and 2004 drafts.

The Ravens got an "A+" for the year they drafted Kyle Boller
The 49ers got a "B" for the year they drafted Rashaun Woods and Derek Hamilton
The Colts got a "C" for the year they took Bob Sanders
The Steelers got a "C+" and "B," respectively, for the years they got Polamalu and Roethlisberger

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #122 on: April 29, 2008, 11:54:44 AM »
The "experts" are wrong about as much as they are right.  For example, here are some of Len Pasquarelli's and Mel Kiper's draft grades right after the 2003 and 2004 drafts.

The Steelers got a "C+" and "B," respectively, for the years they got Polamalu and Roethlisberger

Gmen get a c year after year. ::)look how the draft turned out for them last year

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #123 on: April 29, 2008, 11:59:26 AM »

I agree. That's the point I'm trying to make. The Ravens don't really know how Flacco will turn out until he steps out on the field. Time will tell. Hopefully, He ends up being a shit load better than Boller.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #124 on: April 29, 2008, 12:24:30 PM »

Gmen get a c year after year. ::)look how the draft turned out for them last year

I heard they drafted 8 players last year and all 8 played in the Super Bowl?  That should give them an A+ on draft day.