Author Topic: Gym Behavior 101: A question about gym etiquette - weigh in with your opinion  (Read 5392 times)

Kegdrainer

• Getbig IV
  • team yeah buddy
That guy was a little bitch.  Three minutes is not a long time to wait for a piece of equipment.  He could have done some sissy squats to warm up or something. 
First come first serve on weights and equipment.
If anyone can just bump someone else off a pice of equipment, the gym would be hell and chaos.

The cardio area at my gym has a sign asking people to limit the time to 30 mins when there are people waiting, but with 60 assorted treadmills, bikes, ellipticals, and versa climbers, stair steppers, and a rowing machine....that rarely happens.

peroni

• Getbig III
It sounds like those two guys were not having rest in between eachother's sets. Which means there isnt any time for single-fella to work in. So i dont see the problem. Single guy shouldn't be such a bitch about it.

I own a gym and if this were ever to happen, the people refusing to share would have their memberships revoked. We don't play selfishly here.

However, if there's a big difference in weight used than that's different. The first people have the right of way and the second guy can't expect people to rack and unrack weight in their set to accommodate. That'd be silly

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
I own a gym and if this were ever to happen, the people refusing to share would have their memberships revoked. We don't play selfishly here.

Glad I don't work out in your gym. ::)

It's always first come first serve.....if they don't want to share, they shouldn't be forced to.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Geo

• Getbig IV
 if someone asked me if they could work in I'd just pick up a 5 lb plate and bash the side of their head in !

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
if someone asked me if they could work in I'd just pick up a 5 lb plate and bash the side of their head in !
ding ding ding!!!! We have a winner! :D
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Samourai Pizzacat

• Getbig IV
  • Meeoow!!
When two people are allready sharing one machine I really can't see this as blocking. Single guy should either wait a few minutes, or consider it just not his lucky day en go to work. Although sharing stations in between sets might work in some occasions, I do not like it, it tends to break my focus. I am not a social person in the gym, however not rude, I don't go to the gym to chat.