Author Topic: extreme high rep squats?  (Read 11003 times)

figgs

• Getbig IV
  • from realization to infinity
Re: extreme high rep squats?
« Reply #50 on: March 04, 2008, 04:57:53 PM »
Jesus fucking christ and I thought the 20 rep squat was the epitome of torture! I just don't see the point. 30 reps tops, 40-50 if you just smoked pcp.

how much weight you limey bastard?

i LOL'd  ;D
~

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
« Reply #51 on: March 04, 2008, 05:02:22 PM »
I heard from my friend's brothers uncle that a guy he worked with at the post office in 1998 knows a guy who squats 873 lbs for 8 reps after running the Boston Marathon.

He must know my neighbor's cousin's girlfriends best friend's older brother who works at meat packing plant in Ohio and does shoulder presses with 600 lbs for 22 reps after his nightly meal of 14 dozen scrambled eggs, 4 lbs of bacon, 3 loafs of bread and 2 gallons of milk.

TooPowerful4u

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #52 on: March 04, 2008, 05:18:14 PM »
Well.....iv done 315x20 and i used to squat ass to ankles.  Dont squat any more due to being afraid obliques will grow.  Kuclo and Justin Harris are on youtube doing 405x20...so 225 is probably cake to them......wonder what they could do......

Now iv seen the clip of sarge doing 98 w 218 it was impressive...he forced out rep after rep, paused for maybe a few sec between reps...

Im sure it can be beat if people really aimed at it.....

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #53 on: March 04, 2008, 08:26:42 PM »
::)

hahahaha dude you kill me.  You have to be the funniest guy on here.  man i swear you re funny as hell.  Are you a professional comedian?  You have to be.  You are just the funniest guy.  man my side hurts fro laughing so hard ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)

PANDAEMONIUM

• Getbig V
  • Scourge of the Northern Gods
« Reply #54 on: March 04, 2008, 08:31:35 PM »
anyone ever done these? get good gains?

im talking about 100reps. obviously u can only use 30% of your max tho just wondering. i have starteded them. could be a waste of time tho hurt knee being an idiot and only way i can squat. seems to be rehabilitating it

I'm sure it would be great for cardiovascular conditioning.  But my question is: why do it?  Are you going for hypertrophy?  You can actually get superior quad development sticking with sets of 10, and no more reps than that.  None of this 20 rep, 50 rep and now 100 rep stuff.  I honestly don't know why some of you guys do this to yourself ???

Ursus

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #55 on: March 05, 2008, 05:04:31 AM »
guy who owns my gym if 70. arnie trained there in 68' or 69' said he came in 180lbs on bar and done sets of 50 reps. This is neither here nor there. just thought interesting titbit.

Moreover he said he walked in and said noone talk to me till i finish training lol

For me anywqay it seems to be working. Gonna give it a go. worst comes to worse it will only waste a few weeks of training. Main reason i am doing it is that it is enabling me to squat whist rehabilitating my knee. happy for that at least

KillerMonk

• Getbig IV
  • Future President Of USA
« Reply #56 on: March 05, 2008, 05:16:04 AM »
  Dont squat any more due to being afraid obliques will grow.

Heard this also i wonder if Phil Heath squats if so light or heavy?
Arnold For President 2012.2016

BEAST 8692

• Getbig IV
« Reply #57 on: March 05, 2008, 05:30:27 AM »
why 100?

why not 101/97/56 - it's crap.

goudy, the dense feeling you are feeling is just more blood remaining in the muscles and perhaps some enlargement of blood fibres and glycogen loading, especially seeing as, to date, your focus has been on heavy weight and low reps.

good to see you are rehabbing well and i believe your legs will get bigger from aforementioned but, as others have said, you'll get much better development with the blood products from heavier weight and more sets.

in fact, i am of the opinion that you should be aiming towards increasing the weigt as you rehab and forget about the 2-8 minute thing. it makes no sense whatsoever. it's just a stupid goal made by some masochist.

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #58 on: March 05, 2008, 05:39:22 AM »
I read an interview with Lee Priest where he said he and a partner tried to squat 315 as many times as possible for a 1/2 hr.
one guy would do 315 as many times as he could till he needed rest then the other guy would do the same,back and forth.
Lee said they could only do 15-20minutes till they started to keel over?.

...true or not,who knows

BEAST 8692

• Getbig IV
« Reply #59 on: March 05, 2008, 05:46:01 AM »
I read an interview with Lee Priest where he said he and a partner tried to squat 315 as many times as possible for a 1/2 hr.
one guy would do 315 as many times as he could till he needed rest then the other guy would do the same,back and forth.
Lee said they could only do 15-20minutes till they started to keel over?.

...true or not,who knows

priest is well known to be full of shit.

has also tried to say that his 1990s body was built on a sniff of winstrol and 315lb bb curls, yet in his training clips the most i've seen him cheat curling is 190lbs fully jacked up and training for a comp.

also saw him squatting and he barely breaks a quarter rom.

i don't believe a word priest says. he has severe small man syndrome.

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #60 on: March 05, 2008, 08:24:23 AM »
Dont squat any more due to being afraid obliques will grow. 

Ridiculous

BEAST 8692

• Getbig IV
« Reply #61 on: March 05, 2008, 08:59:25 AM »
Ridiculous

i was thinking gay but ridiculous works too.

Ursus

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #62 on: March 06, 2008, 04:04:55 PM »
why 100?

why not 101/97/56 - it's crap.

goudy, the dense feeling you are feeling is just more blood remaining in the muscles and perhaps some enlargement of blood fibres and glycogen loading, especially seeing as, to date, your focus has been on heavy weight and low reps.

good to see you are rehabbing well and i believe your legs will get bigger from aforementioned but, as others have said, you'll get much better development with the blood products from heavier weight and more sets.

in fact, i am of the opinion that you should be aiming towards increasing the weigt as you rehab and forget about the 2-8 minute thing. it makes no sense whatsoever. it's just a stupid goal made by some masochist.

thanks for sensible and informed resp[onse. yes it was done mainly to help rahb my knee. knee is very good at min.

also with a lot of my body i do density/time based traoining. worlks very well indeed. and i am getting stronger and growin very well of it.

BEAST 8692

• Getbig IV
« Reply #63 on: March 06, 2008, 09:20:22 PM »
thanks for sensible and informed resp[onse. yes it was done mainly to help rahb my knee. knee is very good at min.

also with a lot of my body i do density/time based traoining. worlks very well indeed. and i am getting stronger and growin very well of it.

when you say you're getting stronger, do you mean muscular endurance?

if anyone trains high reps they will advance very quickly due to the body more efficiently coping with lactic acid ie quicker removal etc/rom/stroke speed/psyche/respiratory system/psychology/technique/musculo skeletal economy, etc etc.

as far as pure strength goes, which is probably best tested with 1 rep, it may be a very different story. you will probably find you will lose strength if you train long enough with extreme reps because the body will become less efficient at firing the fast twitch fibres.

at the end of the day it all depends on what your goals are.

good luck.

Ursus

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #64 on: March 08, 2008, 10:32:37 AM »
3minutes today. 55 reps.

legs so sore now 5hrs after i trained. never like this. had a fan fucking tastic pump in legs. its tiring on back even with such a light weight.

legs look much much improved already. will post pics at end of this routine

slaveboy1980

• Getbig V
  • Thought is the arrow of time; memory never fades.
« Reply #65 on: March 08, 2008, 05:13:10 PM »
anyone ever done these? get good gains?

im talking about 100reps. obviously u can only use 30% of your max tho just wondering. i have starteded them. could be a waste of time tho hurt knee being an idiot and only way i can squat. seems to be rehabilitating it
na use 15-20 reps instead of 100

slaveboy1980

• Getbig V
« Reply #66 on: March 08, 2008, 05:16:56 PM »
I used to hit 315 for 20 reps every workout- total waste of time-for me anyway. No improvement.

Should have just kept 315 at 10-12 reps and keep going up to 500. After 20 reps with 315 it is hard to do many more sets.

you fucking idiot: doesnt matter in what rep range you lift, nothing will happen unless you add weight to the bar.

you should have done both.

lower reps to push strength and have a back off set with higher reps.

thats the best way you to use 20 rep squats...to do them after a couple of sets of heavy 5s (or something)

Tombo

• Getbig V
« Reply #67 on: March 09, 2008, 12:24:42 AM »
you fucking idiot: doesnt matter in what rep range you lift, nothing will happen unless you add weight to the bar.

you should have done both.

lower reps to push strength and have a back off set with higher reps.

thats the best way you to use 20 rep squats...to do them after a couple of sets of heavy 5s (or something)

are you one of those guys who thinks there aren't other variables of resistance?

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #68 on: March 09, 2008, 07:54:54 AM »
3minutes today. 55 reps.

legs so sore now 5hrs after i trained. never like this. had a fan fucking tastic pump in legs. its tiring on back even with such a light weight.

legs look much much improved already. will post pics at end of this routine
how much weight?

Epic_Monster

• Getbig V
  • "Let me pose on this one" - REV. X
« Reply #69 on: March 09, 2008, 08:05:04 AM »
hahahaha dude you kill me.  You have to be the funniest guy on here.  man i swear you re funny as hell.  Are you a professional comedian?  You have to be.  You are just the funniest guy.  man my side hurts fro laughing so hard ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)

Fixed =From tying my shoes
Spirit of Truth

Ursus

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #70 on: March 09, 2008, 10:17:33 AM »

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #71 on: March 09, 2008, 12:19:19 PM »

Ursus

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #72 on: March 09, 2008, 01:33:08 PM »
dont wanna get too big ya know lol

slaveboy1980

• Getbig V
« Reply #73 on: March 09, 2008, 03:42:52 PM »
are you one of those guys who thinks there aren't other variables of resistance?

no. but in the long run if you dont add weight to the bar you aint growing.

Epic_Monster

• Getbig V
  • "Let me pose on this one" - REV. X
« Reply #74 on: March 09, 2008, 09:29:20 PM »
no. but in the long run if you dont add weight to the bar you aint growing.

;)
Spirit of Truth