Author Topic: Air Freshner...  (Read 2199 times)

Eyeball Chambers

• Getbig V
  • Would you hold still? You're making me fuck up...
Air Freshner...
« on: March 02, 2008, 01:31:04 PM »
I can't stand any of it...

Whats wrong with just having the smell of a clean house? 
S

Butterbean

• Getbig V
Re: Air Freshner...
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2008, 07:30:29 PM »
I can't stand any of it...

Whats wrong with just having the smell of a clean house? 
The smell of a clean house is the best.

Then the smell of baking cookies :D

I had to go into a tenant of ours office today and it smelled great.  If it was an air freshener I'm interested in finding out what it was.

Although I've heard some are bad for our lungs....not sure if that is true...
R

w8m8

« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2008, 03:54:19 PM »
I agree fresh and clean smells the best ,cookies and cakes baking second , third is a baby's room .
A nursery is the sweetest baby powder/lotion smell ..mmmmmm  :D

I use aroma therapy oil at least 2 x a week .
Lavender in a burner for maybe 5 minutes .
Every other week throughout winter I turn the heat off and open the doors and windows to air my rooms out.

JediKnight

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2008, 08:16:56 PM »

I had to go into a tenant of ours office today and it smelled great.  If it was an air freshener I'm interested in finding out what it was.

Febreze Air effects  Vanilla&Baking

~flower~

• Getbig IV
  • D/s
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2008, 06:54:57 AM »
Method Peppermint Vanilla

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2008, 05:08:06 AM »

Some are both extremely bad for the lungs, ...as well as the environment.

The ones bad for the environment are easy to spot, ...they're in aerosol cans.
I don't have a current list of those that are bad for the lungs though.

I know what RonPaul fan means by just clean air, ...as opposed to a fruity or flowery mask.
The nicest smelling freshener I've ever smelled (to my personal taste) was a car freshener I picked up years ago somewhere. I could never find the same one, but it had a clean fresh scent that was amazing. I've never been able to find it again. All I know is that it was made by a Colorado company, and was sized far too small. I doubt it was good for the lungs or the environment though. It came in a tiny purse sized aerosol about the size of binaca

The 2nd best scented freshener that I've ever smelled is Odor-Free, a non-aerosol, non-toxic, and environmentally friendly odor neutralizer and part of the product line I distribute through by FFi. 

You can click the pic to reach the website where you can discover more about it

This product is not just as air freshener. Air freshners typically mask odours; this product actually neutralizes them. I just love the smell. The only drawback (imo), but really a plus for RonPaul fan, is that the fabulous scent completely disappears after 5 minutes or less. The product however keeps on working, neutralizing odours long after it was first sprayed.

It was originally tested in long term care facilities (where alot of the residents spend hours in adult diapers) to remove "organic odours" (ie: the smell of feces & urine), and it works wonders on litter boxes, tobacco smoke, cooking odours etc., It's extremely effective and simply amazing! So far, ...it has saved me thousands of dollars.
w

w8m8

« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2008, 12:57:05 PM »
Some are both extremely bad for the lungs, ...as well as the environment.
The ones bad for the environment are easy to spot, ...they're in aerosol cans.

that should be common knowledge , but maybe it isn't ,so thanks for saying that

I don't have a current list of those that are bad for the lungs though.

I think you should have a current influx of these things delivered by e-mails or researched somehow being as you sell products that are in competition for that market ??

part of the product line I distribute through by FFi. 
So far, ...it has saved me thousands of dollars.

clarify the savings please . . I'm seeing it as you get it free for being the distributor or are you saying you've spent that much on other air fresheners ? How much is your stuff ?

Hustle Man

• Getbig IV
  • What is the most common form of stupidity?
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2008, 10:25:09 AM »

Yes in general

Great when showing a house for sale.

W

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2008, 12:43:21 PM »
that should be common knowledge , but maybe it isn't ,so thanks for saying that

I think you should have a current influx of these things delivered by e-mails or researched somehow being as you sell products that are in competition for that market ??

Well, our flagship product is and will remain our MPG cap. It's what is generating multiple millions of dollars in sales around the world, and it's what is impressing so many people, companies, and countries around the world with it's results. However, alot of people who are meticulous about their vehicles like to see them purring both on the inside and out, so we added the car detailing products. Long haul truckers who often live in their cabs for weeks at a time, RV'ers, etc., need something to clean with when they're on the road and without access to running water. As well too, alot of car detailers who use our Eco-Sheen waterless car wash do mobile detailing, and they too wanted an entire line for when they detail the interiors as well. It's not the mainstay. The Odor-Free is just part of our complimentary environmentally friendly waterless technology product line, and is just an add-on compliment product to the newly added line. It's there for those who want it, and is a product that can also be used around the entire home. In fact, even the waterless carwash can replace most household cleaning products. Most people like making money and getting paid to use products they have to buy and use anyway. I'm sure over time, this info will be gathered, but for now, the majority of the focus and research is on our flagship product. Everyday new test reports are pouring in from all over the world. We just got back the results from extensive testing conducted from Sept - Dec by UNAM, one of the most important universities in all of Latin America. That institution has already produced 4 Nobel prize laureates, and the results they got were quite conclusive... our MPG product works!

clarify the savings please . . I'm seeing it as you get it free for being the distributor or are you saying you've spent that much on other air fresheners ? How much is your stuff ?

Sorry for the vagueness. I'll explain how it saved me thousands of dollars.

Over the holidays, I had 2 fires in my home. Nothing serious. The only casualties were a pot and a microwave. Actually more the microwave, the pot eventually scrubbed clean and looks as good as new. My family spent Christmas at my house this year. My Mom, my sister, my brother-in-law, and 2 nieces came over, along with my sister's mother-in-law, and 2 of my sister's, sister-in-laws. It was a full house for a few days. After my sister, and her in-laws left, my mother stayed around for a while, and well, ...let's just say, ...in addition to small children, ...elderly adults should not be allowed to use the kitchen appliances unsupervised. {lol} In my mom's case, ...it's pretty much any household appliance.

I was in my bedroom oblivious to what was going on. At one point I got up to use the restroom, and as soon as I walked into my bathroom, all I could smell was smoke. I immediately looked to the coffee-maker on my bathroom counter to see if it had been left on and if there was perhaps something touching the element... nope. I looked to see if a curling iron had been left on and the same thing... nope. I ran back out into the bedroom to see if somehow the fire in the fire-place had escaped and if any foliage or decoration over the mantel had caught fire, ...but the oddest thing is, as soon as I got back into the bedroom, I couldn't smell any smoke anymore.

I immediately ran back into the bathroom, and sure enough, I was smelling smoke. I looked to the window to see if perhaps it was coming from outside, but the bathroom windows were sealed up tight. I ran back into the bedroom...no smoke, ...into the bathroom...smoke. What was going on? This was definately NOT my imagination. I was smelling smoke, ...not vague smoke, ...but serious smoke, and couldn't figure out where it was coming from.

So I ran back into the bedroom, opened the door to go out in the hallway, ...and the hallway was filled with smoke. It was sooo thick, it was burning my eyes. I couldn't see a thing going down the stairs because it was soo thick with smoke. I made my way to the kitchen, and found the burned out pot in the sink.

When the fire occurred, my Mom decided she didn't want to alert me to what had happened. It was soo funny too. When I knocked on the guest room door, her response was a very squeaky, high-pitched, coy "Who is it?" WTF?!! Who the heck did she think it was?! The rest of the family had already left, ...it was just the two of us in the house, ...and she asks 'Who is it?'  ::) I said "Mummy, open the door!" She opens the door, and I asked "What happened?". I swear to God, she looked up at me and said in the sweetest, most innocent, childlike voice... "Whaddya mean?"

One of the funniest sights you'll ever see in your life is an elderly 75 yr. old woman acting all innocent, trying to hide the fact that she almost burned your house down. She was acting all coy.. despite the fact that the smoke was so thick you could cut through it with a knife. It took all my effort just to keep a straight face.  I just gave her that stern "I'm not in the mood" look, ...and she fessed up. Her stove is a little different from mine. On mine, you turn the dial counter clockwise to turn the burners on, and continue to the left to turn it up in intensity. On my mom's stove, you turn it to the right. She had decided to make herself a little snack, and didn't want to ask me to make it for her. At her age, it's important for her to feel independant and self sufficient, so she had proceeded to the kitchen to do it herself. For some strange reason, she assumed that turning on the light in the kitchen might be a little too intense for the orchids, so she didn't bother turning the light on, ...just turned the burner to the first notch on the right thinking she was turning it to the lowest setting (which in reality was the highest setting), ...and what with playing with her grandkids all day... she was pretty tuckered out, ...so she decided to go down for a nap. Not the brightest thing to do, ...but hey, ...it happens. The ironic part is, I had just bought new batteries for the smoke detector the day before but had yet to install them.  ::)  Fortunately, the incident wasn't as serious as it could have been.

Anyway, what blew me away was I could not smell the smoke at all in my bedroom. The smoke had gotten all throughout the house into the ventilation system, yet I could not smell it in my bedroom at all. I love the smell of the Odor-free, and every day, I would always spray some in my bedroom and on the carpet to neutralize any odours that tend to be absorbed by carpeting and soft upholstery. My bedroom is pretty large. It's actually larger than most people's apartments and for me is pretty much command central. My main working office is up here. I have an office downstairs, ...but it's mainly a "show office" for want of a better word. It's what I use if I have to have someone over for a meeting, ...but the real work takes place up here. I do alot of things up here. Infact, the only thing I don't do is laundry & heavy cooking. I do some limited cooking (microwave in the bar area), and because carpets & soft upholstery have a tendency to absorb odours then re-release them, I would always spray the Odor-free just to make sure, ...plus I like the smell. Well, like I said before, the nice scent goes away after the first few seconds, ...but man-oh-man does the product ever keep on working!

Despite the fact that the smoke had gotten all throughout the ventilation system, as it came into my bedroom, it was immediately neutralized by the odor-free. Since my bathroom is all ceramic tile flooring, and the door constantly kept closed (it's bad feng-shui to keep it open) there was an air-lock between the bedroom & the bathroom. That's why I smelled the smoke in the bathroom, but not in the bedroom. The product was working in the bedroom, but because I hadn't sprayed it in the bathroom, there was none in there to neutralize the smoke as it came up through the ventilation.

Anyway, I thought for sure that I was going to have to rip out and replace all the carpeting & drapery throughout the entire house. The smoke was that bad! It was minus 26 degrees outside, so opening up the doors & windows to vent the smoke wasn't an option. But, because the Odor-free worked so well in neutralizing the smoke as it came into the bedroom ventilation system, I decided to try it throughout the rest of the house. I ran through the house like a mad woman spraying behind me. I sprayed so much Odor-free into the air, the darn carpets felt wet. {lol} I sprayed, then sprayed it again an hour later, sprayed it again 2 hours later, ...then sprayed it again the next day. The smoke smell was completely gone. I'm not sure how much I used in terms of ounces, but it was a good inch and a half down the bottle, ...maybe two.

A week later, I was coming back from a quick trip to see my neighbourhood computer guy. As I came up the walk, she headed me off at the front door all wide-eyed saying "Did you know it's not a good idea to put things in the microwave and leave them unattended?"  :o

I just thought to myself "Oh Lord, ...what did she do now?" {lol} I know I had finally been able to get her to understand that she's not to put anything metal in the microwave, but I couldn't imagine what she had done this time. Turns out she decided to make microwave popcorn. There's a little button on the microwave for popcorn, ...but did she push that? ....oh noooo, ...that would have been far too easy {lol} Neither one of us knows what she pushed or for how long. All I know is that the inside of the microwave was burned beyond belief. What once was white, was now black, and various shades of brown. I didn't know that it was possible for the inside of a microwave to scorch like that, ...especially with nothing touching it. When we opened the bag (which she had hid in the garage), it was rock hard, and looked like brown glass. I just threw that microwave out. The smell throughout the house was absolutely horrid. Needless to say, ...out came the Odor-free, and soon the house was back to normal. I love my mom, ...but I sure was relieved when the holidays were over.

I'm glad I decided to become well acquainted with this new product addition to our line.  I never in a million years would have ever predicted that I could get excited over air-freshener, but this $15 bottle saved me both the inconvenience and the expense of having to replace 6,000 square feet of carpeting which I assure you isn't cheap. I am sold on the stuff! It works! I just wish the nice scent would stick around longer.
w