Author Topic: What Chest Exercise to get rid of excess fat?  (Read 8361 times)

Danimal77

• Getbig V
  • Yo Adrian
What Chest Exercise to get rid of excess fat?
« on: March 02, 2008, 07:00:29 PM »
Hey boys and girls. Well, I'm 30 years old. Between 19 and 25 I lived in the gym. When I quit, my once muscular chest became flabby (especially the lower part). It kind of hangs today and I know there is still muscle below the fat.

Here's my question to you guys. What chest exercises can help me to get rid of the excess fat I have on my chest area? I'm currently doing flat bench, seated machine press and seated pec dec. The muscle is growing back and my chest DOES feel tighter, but there is still too much fat in the area.

Suggestions please?

Thanks.

Dan

mcb650

• Getbig II
Re: What Chest Exercise to get rid of excess fat?
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2008, 07:14:56 PM »
You can't really do an exercise to get rid of fat in a certain area. The fat in your upper body will decrease as your overall bodyfat decreases. You can't target fat loss in a certain area of the body.

Throw some incline DB bench work into your chest routine, probably in place of the seated machine press.

Danimal77

• Getbig V
  • Yo Adrian
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2008, 07:25:10 PM »
Thanks man!  :)

candidizzle

• Getbig V
  • Trueprotein.com 5% discount code= TRB953
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2008, 11:19:36 PM »
cardio

claymore

• Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2008, 01:43:42 AM »
Hey boys and girls. Well, I'm 30 years old. Between 19 and 25 I lived in the gym. When I quit, my once muscular chest became flabby (especially the lower part). It kind of hangs today and I know there is still muscle below the fat.

Here's my question to you guys. What chest exercises can help me to get rid of the excess fat I have on my chest area? I'm currently doing flat bench, seated machine press and seated pec dec. The muscle is growing back and my chest DOES feel tighter, but there is still too much fat in the area.

Suggestions please?

Thanks.

Dan

How's your diet??, also if you're looking for some kind of lower pec movement, try dips.

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2008, 04:47:11 AM »

Suggestions please?

Thanks.

Dan

Spot reduction is a myth. Read a book. Hope this helps.
I hate the State.

ngm21084

• Getbig IV
  • D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2008, 07:19:07 AM »
Spot reduction is a myth. Read a book. Hope this helps.

very sound advice

Danimal77

• Getbig V
  • Yo Adrian
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2008, 10:53:36 AM »
Thing is, since my teen years, my body always seemed to have stored WAY MORE fat deposits in my chest area. When building muscle in this area, it's not as apparent, but when I do NO chest exercises, it's way more visible. I have seriously considered having the fat deposits surgically removed, even though I heard it grows back if you are prone to collect fat in that area.

You know, at a thinner weight I feel it is even more noticeable. At least when I am bulkier all over, it doesn't look as bad. I was hoping to burn the fat right out of that area by isolated that area with specific exercises, hence my original question to you guys.

candidizzle

• Getbig V
  • Trueprotein.com 5% discount code= TRB953
« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2008, 04:22:41 PM »
if thats truly the case, that yoru genetically pre-dispositioned towards more fat deposits in your chest.....then taking yohimbe before cardio will help target that area.   i would try thinning out on yohimbe, the do a bulking phase with yohimbe and cla in your diet... that should even out your fat stores, at least temporarily

Danimal77

• Getbig V
  • Yo Adrian
« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2008, 05:51:53 PM »
What exactly is Yohimbe and Cla?

mitchyboy

• Getbig III
« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2008, 07:00:30 PM »
Dude whatever you do, DONT LISTEN TO CANDIDIZZLE  ::) No product will target one area over another ???

Beener

• Getbig IV
« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2008, 08:17:14 PM »
Dude whatever you do, DONT LISTEN TO CANDIDIZZLE  ::) No product will target one area over another ???

Dude watch what you say, Candy is our resident guru.

webcake

• Getbig V
  • Not now chief...
« Reply #12 on: March 04, 2008, 02:37:36 AM »
Sure its not gyno, the way u describe it makes it sound like it may be :-\

And as said before, you cannot spot reduce body fat, regardless of what people may think. For example, doing cardio on a bike will burn fat all over, not just ur legs.

As for chest training, just do the basics, presses and flies, and have a good diet, see how it goes.
No doubt about it...

LatsMcGee

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #13 on: March 04, 2008, 03:57:19 AM »
Stop eating shitty.

Charlys69

• Getbig III
« Reply #14 on: March 04, 2008, 04:02:11 AM »
Cleaning windows for about 6 hours a day will burn fat, and you had to use your pecs also..... ::)

Danimal77

• Getbig V
  • Yo Adrian
« Reply #15 on: March 04, 2008, 10:35:14 AM »
First of all, I never said I ate shitty.

As for it being gyno. Well, I'm not really sure. Gyno to me looks like someone who has puffy nipples and almost like a breast is growing around their nipple. In my case, my entire chest area just contains more fat. It's just rounder than the usual I guess, but there is a shitload of muscle in there too.

Again, at a lower bodyweight, it just ends up looking worse.

local hero

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • mma finance warrior of peace
« Reply #16 on: March 06, 2008, 10:55:41 AM »
my genetics for chest are pretty crapy... but they look ok ripped,,, when u say lean u cant be lean as u need to be !... theres a few top bodybuilders who look flat as a pancake off season but look amazing come contest time.

when u can see all your abbs, the lines in your quads and hams, got no fat on your lower back... then your chest will look ok..thats a fact

so what u need to do is eat clean, do cardio at least 5 times per week, take clen or ephidrene and see the results

Danimal77

• Getbig V
  • Yo Adrian
« Reply #17 on: March 08, 2008, 01:18:51 AM »
Cardio 5 times a week? You gotta be kidding me man. I'm not training for competition and wanting to see my abs isn't top priority either. My chest is far from flat. In fact, it's quite the opposite. It's too big, but not in the way I would like it to be (a la Arnold). My lower chest seems to stick out too much and it gives the impression of breasts, even though I have a shitload of muscle there.

Anyways, 5 days of cardio just isn't my thing. I walk a lot outdoors anyways, so I get my "cardio" that way. I don't want to take any kind of drugs as has been suggested either. I'm 100% natural, but wanted to know if I could burn FAT off of my chest by doing exercises designed for chest. I don't want to lose all over. Just the fat off my chest.

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #18 on: March 08, 2008, 01:54:03 AM »
Cardio 5 times a week? You gotta be kidding me man. I'm not training for competition and wanting to see my abs isn't top priority either. My chest is far from flat. In fact, it's quite the opposite. It's too big, but not in the way I would like it to be (a la Arnold). My lower chest seems to stick out too much and it gives the impression of breasts, even though I have a shitload of muscle there.

Anyways, 5 days of cardio just isn't my thing. I walk a lot outdoors anyways, so I get my "cardio" that way. I don't want to take any kind of drugs as has been suggested either. I'm 100% natural, but wanted to know if I could burn FAT off of my chest by doing exercises designed for chest. I don't want to lose all over. Just the fat off my chest.

Jesus Christ man, why are you wasting people's time here? We have told you that you CANNOT spot reduce fat from your body. If your body stores fat over your pecs then that is your genetics and the only way to get rid of it is to reduce YOUR OVERALL body fat %. What don't you get about it? It just might be that the only way to get rid of your pec fat IS to get a six pack by dieting off the fat on your body. End of story. Put in or put out.
I hate the State.

webcake

• Getbig V
  • Not now chief...
« Reply #19 on: March 08, 2008, 03:50:32 AM »
Jesus Christ man, why are you wasting people's time here? We have told you that you CANNOT spot reduce fat from your body. If your body stores fat over your pecs then that is your genetics and the only way to get rid of it is to reduce YOUR OVERALL body fat %. What don't you get about it? It just might be that the only way to get rid of your pec fat IS to get a six pack by dieting off the fat on your body. End of story. Put in or put out.

Danimal77 ::),
do us all a favour and actually read this ok^^
No doubt about it...

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #20 on: March 08, 2008, 04:09:20 AM »
Danimal77 ::),
do us all a favour and actually read this ok^^

Actually I have the same problem. I am dieting. If I get down to 10% and it is still an issue then the only other option is surgery. Fuck, I hate how my body deposits fat. Shittiest genetics in existence... :-\
I hate the State.

webcake

• Getbig V
  • Not now chief...
« Reply #21 on: March 08, 2008, 04:22:12 AM »
Actually I have the same problem. I am dieting. If I get down to 10% and it is still an issue then the only other option is surgery. Fuck, I hate how my body deposits fat. Shittiest genetics in existence... :-\

Don't be so hard on yourself, we cant all have great genetics ;D

In all seriousness though, i think i may have gyno. Im still bulking right now, but ina few months ill start cutting and i guess if i get low % enough i will find out. Genetics are a bitch huh :(
No doubt about it...

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #22 on: March 08, 2008, 04:25:33 AM »
Don't be so hard on yourself, we cant all have great genetics ;D

In all seriousness though, i think i may have gyno. Im still bulking right now, but ina few months ill start cutting and i guess if i get low % enough i will find out. Genetics are a bitch huh :(

Are you juicing?

Gyno affects the nipple area. You may just have fat layers over your pecs like I unfortunately do.
I hate the State.

webcake

• Getbig V
  • Not now chief...
« Reply #23 on: March 08, 2008, 04:33:13 AM »
Are you juicing?

Gyno affects the nipple area. You may just have fat layers over your pecs like I unfortunately do.

Natural (for the next couple of years anyway ;))

I havent been under about 15% bf for a while now, so once i get bf low enough hopefully itll sort itself out, :-\
No doubt about it...

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #24 on: March 08, 2008, 04:34:21 AM »
Natural (for the next couple of years anyway ;))

I havent been under about 15% bf for a while now, so once i get bf low enough hopefully itll sort itself out, :-\

Yeah, I am still over 20%. In other words a fat fuck... :-\
I hate the State.