Author Topic: ASC - drug testing?  (Read 6822 times)

BEAST 8692

• Getbig IV
Re: ASC - drug testing?
« Reply #25 on: March 04, 2008, 11:35:34 AM »
with viles of humalog........some back issues of md........and my t micheal collection

don't forget the cans of tuna. :o

medz zeppelin

• Getbig IV
  • go west young man.......break bread in the new lan
« Reply #26 on: March 04, 2008, 11:36:40 AM »
don't forget the cans of tuna. :o
i already have mercury poisoning......... um did you say sumfin?

BEAST 8692

• Getbig IV
« Reply #27 on: March 04, 2008, 11:38:36 AM »
i already have mercury poisoning......... um did you say sumfin?

mercury poisoning is for girly men.

i'm starting to question how hardcore you are. :-\

dantelis

• Getbig IV
  • Mesmerizing, isn't it.
« Reply #28 on: March 04, 2008, 11:52:21 AM »
WELL!!! >:(

ARE YOU GOING TO GIVE US THE ANSWERS OR NOT ???

i'm stumped on the last question. who the fuck is 'serge oliva'?

He is the bastard son created by a biological experiment crossing Serge Nubret with Sergio Oliva.   A combination of mythological size, symmetry and conditioning, he is set to take the Pro Bodybuilding stage at the Arnold next year and will dominate the "sport" for as many years as he cares to compet.  :D

He could also be the result of a typo on my part.

medz zeppelin

• Getbig IV
« Reply #29 on: March 04, 2008, 11:55:51 AM »
mercury poisoning is for girly men.

i'm starting to question how hardcore you are. :-\
i eat sardines and chicken bones 6 times a day  for protein?

BEAST 8692

• Getbig IV
« Reply #30 on: March 04, 2008, 12:38:52 PM »
i eat sardines and chicken bones 6 times a day  for protein?

excellent save. :)

mercury poison - check
omega 3          - check
calcium           - check

go forth and be the next ronnie coleman my son. 8)

medz zeppelin

• Getbig IV
« Reply #31 on: March 04, 2008, 12:42:39 PM »
excellent save. :)

mercury poison - check
omega 3          - check
calcium           - check

go forth and be the next ronnie coleman my son. 8)
i plan on it,sir........i packed  ared leather suit you know

BEAST 8692

• Getbig IV
« Reply #32 on: March 04, 2008, 12:44:24 PM »
i plan on it,sir........i packed  ared leather suit you know

i hope it was fluorescent pink ???

medz zeppelin

• Getbig IV
« Reply #33 on: March 04, 2008, 12:47:22 PM »
i hope it was fluorescent pink ???
it's red yo........Ronnie and I ain't into pink bro

BEAST 8692

• Getbig IV
« Reply #34 on: March 04, 2008, 01:03:20 PM »
it's red yo........Ronnie and I ain't into pink bro

that was a test yo.

you're doing well... ;)

medz zeppelin

• Getbig IV
« Reply #35 on: March 04, 2008, 01:13:05 PM »
that was a test yo.

you're doing well... ;)
i'm 45 years old......do think with right training,diet and gh15's hormone advice i can still live the dream? my whole future rides on your answer beast

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #36 on: March 04, 2008, 01:26:40 PM »
From a recent steroidreport.com blog entry:

http://www.steroidreport.com/2008/03/04/producer-of-arnold-classic-bodybuilding-contest-warns-competitors-about-steroids/

"Lorimer discusses the existing “amateur” protocol in the IFBB but also announced that in January 2008 the IFBB has implemented a testing protocol in the IFBB Professional League to “protect integrity and future of the sport.” The testing was implemented in response to other professional sports being “killed by the publicity” surrounding doping. Details of the IFBB’s new testing protocol were not revealed only that “there will be some testing throughout the coming year.”'

It'll be interesting to see how this pans out.  Looks like congress has many sports organizations (and even entertainment organizations like the IFBB) running scared.

LOL what a bunch of bullshit. It's understandable though. Politicking (is that a word?)

BEAST 8692

• Getbig IV
« Reply #37 on: March 04, 2008, 01:49:31 PM »
i'm 45 years old......do think with right training,diet and gh15's hormone advice i can still live the dream? my whole future rides on your answer beast

hmmm, with the right volks wagon, plenty of chicken bones and......a SHIT LOAD of gh, steroids, insulin and igf1 you can still live that dream my man.

however, you MUST sacrifice everything else in your life and do plenty of gay4pay... :-X, but it will be worth it in the end :D i mean, look at the wonderful, rich and fulfilling lives pro bbers lead......better start taking anti-depressants and plenty of novocain too. :-\

...and so what if you do some time in prison, you could always a job with md when you get out...  :-[

when the anti-depressants stop working, get a bunch of tatoos, maybe one on the face would be a good idea. i hear they are useful when the fans start forgetting who you are.

after it all ends in 2 years (well, wtf do you want, you're 45 >:() you can kill a bunch of people or yourself or if you don't have the stomach for that you could sell your dirty underwear to supplement your g4p income.

bigbalddaddy

• Getbig IV
« Reply #38 on: March 04, 2008, 03:21:22 PM »
hmmm, with the right volks wagon, plenty of chicken bones and......a SHIT LOAD of gh, steroids, insulin and igf1 you can still live that dream my man.

however, you MUST sacrifice everything else in your life and do plenty of gay4pay... :-X, but it will be worth it in the end :D i mean, look at the wonderful, rich and fulfilling lives pro bbers lead......better start taking anti-depressants and plenty of novocain too. :-\

...and so what if you do some time in prison, you could always a job with md when you get out...  :-[

when the anti-depressants stop working, get a bunch of tatoos, maybe one on the face would be a good idea. i hear they are useful when the fans start forgetting who you are.

after it all ends in 2 years (well, wtf do you want, you're 45 >:() you can kill a bunch of people or yourself or if you don't have the stomach for that you could sell your dirty underwear to supplement your g4p income.

OHHHH MY GOD LMAO!!! THAT'S THE BEST!!!!!!!!

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #39 on: March 04, 2008, 04:36:14 PM »
people made fun of the WBF because there were too many outrageous costumes and overly hyped fake rivalries, you know kind of like in pro wrestling.   (one problem with costumes in bodybuilding contests is that you have to take it off on stage, which makes you a stripper).

besides, the bodybuilders were at most 3 months clean, after years of heavy use.   that hardly makes them an example of natural bodybuilding.

But, that does make an example of what happens when you have stringent drug testing. I don't think the costumes, pre-routine videos, or props had anything to do with people making fun of the WBF, as such was present in both shows. Few were making fun of them in 1991. All the potshots came in 1992, as again, they were being tested for virtually everything.

I do realize, however, that the WBF had a much easier time of it, with only 13 guys. But, it was a start. Perhaps the IFBB should do what the WNBF does and test everyone who places in the money (or the top 5).

Moosejay

« Reply #40 on: March 04, 2008, 04:41:14 PM »
I predict Arnold will find a way to run for Pres by 216, and win. He will no longer have anything to do with the ASC or bodybuilding (Maybe tangentially). The drugs would just take him down.

bigbadwolfe

• Pros
  • Getbig IV
  • Bigger Stronger Fatter then you!!!!
« Reply #41 on: March 04, 2008, 06:23:11 PM »
All of the powerlifting at the Show was Drug Tested. Dont know if they had to sign an agreement for testing though.

If the start in with the BBr's the show will really suck!!! I've been going for years and expect to see FREAKS walking around not just another Gym Rat!!!

jaejonna

• Getbig V
  • Head Asian of Getbig
« Reply #42 on: March 04, 2008, 06:24:08 PM »
drug testing......not
L

YoungBlood

• Getbig V
  • Weee!
« Reply #43 on: March 04, 2008, 06:42:13 PM »
who the fuck is 'serge oliva'?

He's like Keysor Soze, he doesn't really exist, hence the nickname they gave him "The Myth."
In Hollywood, if someone does a movie and doesn't want to put their name on the film, they say it's Alan Smithee that made the flick. In bodybuilding, they know that nobody was able to push Arnold to the limits that the stories say, so they created this myth, and dubbed the name Sergio Oliva. Stupid name, I mean who would want to live like with a name like that? Well, since Sergio is really a fictional character, he has no worries. :)

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #44 on: March 04, 2008, 06:45:21 PM »
You'd think some reporter would follow up and ask the obvious question about the results of the MOST RECENT random drug test

timfogarty

• Getbig V
  • @fogartyTim on twitter
« Reply #45 on: March 04, 2008, 09:19:12 PM »
But, it was a start. Perhaps the IFBB should do what the WNBF does and test everyone who places in the money (or the top 5).

why?  No one will pay $70-120 to see drug free bodybuilders?   The WNBF isn't exactly packing them in.

while many people have been turned off of pro bodybuilding because of the bloated stomachs, synthol and site injections, those things could easily be remedied by better judging.

AZbodybuilder

• Competitors II
  • Getbig II
« Reply #46 on: March 04, 2008, 09:19:27 PM »
The IFBB will never inforce serious random drug testing, It would be cutting its own throat. No one wants to go to the ASC or the O and see natural bodybuilders.

GoneAway

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: March 04, 2008, 09:58:17 PM »
testing... for head lice.

the industry and most fans who know a thing or two are laughing with lorimer on this one.

BEAST 8692

• Getbig IV
« Reply #48 on: March 04, 2008, 10:55:10 PM »
arnold is a politician.

arnold was full of shit before he became a politician but now that he actually is one, my best advices is to take everythign he says with a grain of salt.

no one knows better than arnold about what can be achieved naturally as opposed to hormonized (gh15 term) and he knows damn well that without hormones he doesn't have a show.

personally, i think arnold is trying to find a way out of this show without upsetting his partners which, for him, is not good business sense. by keeping the show alive he has stayed in touch with his hardcore fan base for all these years, but now the show is becoming a liability and he knows that if he makes the pretense of eradicating drugs the drugs issue will become moot because he has 'done all he can to police it.'

this is arnold's priority now. if the show dies because of it, it dies. he doesn't look so bad with the fan base because he didn't actually abandon it and he covers his ass politically.

musclehedz

• Getbig IV
« Reply #49 on: March 05, 2008, 01:08:15 AM »
The IFBB will never inforce serious random drug testing, It would be cutting its own throat. No one wants to go to the ASC or the O and see natural bodybuilders.

Like i said earlier, drug tests don't work. It will only make competing more expensive for the athletes.