Author Topic: Diabetes and BB  (Read 3103 times)

Slintowin4424

• Competitors II
  • Getbig III
  • Seminar May 10 in brea message me for details
Re: Diabetes and BB
« Reply #25 on: March 13, 2008, 11:00:17 AM »
I really dont' understand the using insulin to get into ketosis faster, but thats a whole other thread topic. 

In my mind all bodybuilders using insulin are either directly or indirectly using it to lower their blood glucose.  They are trying to get an "overabundance" of insulin on board to facilitate amino acid uptake and other 'side effects' including GH release from lower than normal blood sugars.   The first and formost action of insulin is to facilitate the uptake of glucose from the blood--to lower blood sugar.  So even if they arent intending to do it, they still are.  I also think you really said the key thing with timing of the carbs correctly. 

Its pretty straight forward with older insulins like Regular because sugar enters the blood stream much, much faster than the insulin is absorbed and has action.  Its a bit different using ultrafast insulins like Humalog, but even then, there is still a difference between carb uptake and insulin action.  Thats why diabetics are still told they shouldn't eat candy.   This is also where insulin use gets really complicated and time dependant.  I think quite a few of the people who are using insulin alone are simply experienting with their hypoglycemia coping mechanisms. 

I agree with this but almost all pros use insulin to take in amino acids right however quite a few use it not because it promotes growth Hormone but because it completely empties glycogen stores so that you can refill them and grow or empty them and in essence carb up,  But keep this in mind if you dont know what you are doing you can end up holding a lot of water and also die.

DVSGOD

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
« Reply #26 on: March 17, 2008, 05:06:34 PM »
I am a diabetic too and I was wondering with all the hype surrounding insulin in our sport do you think that we can use it to  our advantage too?
Oh right mate , OT here then..what sort of precautions do you take with lipid profiles,blood pressure etc etc when on gear , if you use gear that is  ;D

Slintowin4424

• Competitors II
  • Getbig III
« Reply #27 on: March 19, 2008, 11:58:11 AM »
Oh right mate , OT here then..what sort of precautions do you take with lipid profiles,blood pressure etc etc when on gear , if you use gear that is  ;D

WHat Kinda gear you mean like gear I would take camping tents shoes etc.

DVSGOD

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
« Reply #28 on: March 20, 2008, 01:49:31 AM »
WHat Kinda gear you mean like gear I would take camping tents shoes etc.
Haha , yeah um AAS  ???

Slintowin4424

• Competitors II
  • Getbig III
« Reply #29 on: March 20, 2008, 12:12:44 PM »
Haha , yeah um AAS  ???

Ive never heard of a camping place that sells aas are you sure ths is the right subject?  8)