Author Topic: Bob Chic's , War For The Worlds DvD  (Read 5059 times)

HowieW

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
Bob Chic's , War For The Worlds DvD
« on: March 07, 2008, 06:00:45 PM »
This was Bob's docu-drama of the final 10 weeks leading up to his win at the 2006 IFBB Pro masters worlds. It is a well produced effort and a lot more than diet, sets and reps.
Yes, you get plenty of bodybuilding in the gym and diet info, but the best thing for me was Chic's subtle yet off beat sense of humor and deep passion for bodybuilding.
I cracked up when Bob and his lovely lady Taisha, consult the "Psychic Cat" for a contest prediction.
It was funny as hell when Bob trys to crack up his classic '51 Olds after retro fitting a couple belts and the motor squeals like a piggy LOL. No , I don't want Bob working on my car, thanks  ;)

On serious note, this video gives the viewer a good look at the mindset and sensible training lifestyle that is rare in modern bodybuilding circles.  It is more like a week by week bodybuilder sit com than a training video. I really enjoyed it.
No, I don't work for Bob Chic or bodybuilding.com  hehehe.
Howard
Kelly Ryan married well!  Free Titus!

Matt C

• Getbig V
  • The White Vince Goodrum
Re: Bob Chic's , War For The Worlds DvD
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2008, 06:07:52 PM »
Bob's World Class physique DVD is pretty good too.  Bob is in good shape in it.  Not sure how much gas Bob would have to use to sustain that type of physique, but probably a fairly large amount (at least over and above a healthful HRT dose).  He had good size and demonstrated the various exercises well with good commentary.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/cmg/world.html
Bodybuilding Pro.com

HowieW

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2008, 06:13:51 PM »
Bob's World Class physique DVD is pretty good too.  Bob is in good shape in it.  Not sure how much gas Bob would have to use to sustain that type of physique, but probably a fairly large amount (at least over and above a healthful HRT dose).  He had good size and demonstrated the various exercises well with good commentary.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/cmg/world.html
Chic did look impressive as he closed in to peak shape, I agree. I think he didn't use an extreme amount of extra supplements however, just my hunch.  Howard

Gym dude

• Getbig III
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2008, 10:16:26 PM »
I remember watching Bod Chic War for the worlds on bodybuilding.com. I thought Chic looked impressive as he got closer to the show. Bob chich he give me genreal idea on what the mordern bodybuilding life style is like.

duncanlukas

• Getbig II
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2008, 11:12:11 PM »
loved that series.

Matt C

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2008, 11:23:54 PM »
Chic did look impressive as he closed in to peak shape, I agree. I think he didn't use an extreme amount of extra supplements however, just my hunch.  Howard

I would say he was still probably 250 at his height.  Not exactly small, nor was he exactly fat, but who knows.
Bodybuilding Pro.com

Pollux

• Getbig V
  • I'm kind of a big deal!
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2008, 06:01:53 AM »
Yeah, it was a good DVD. Too bad bodybuilding.com doesn't have a run like that with another pro.

HowieW

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2008, 08:01:29 AM »
Yeah, it was a good DVD. Too bad bodybuilding.com doesn't have a run like that with another pro.

Jay's latest DVD is similar to Bob's war for the worlds, but is more into the diet and training details and less into humor like Bob Chic. Jay has his own unique style and is one of those intelligent, sensible pro bodybuilders. I doubt too many pros could pull off a funny lifestyle video like Bob Chic without being a total bore.

The_Punisher

• Getbig V
  • The Unrighteous Shall Pay
« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2008, 05:31:20 PM »
Bob, when is the sequel coming out? we've been waiting

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
  • Mel Gibson and Bob Sly World Domination
« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2008, 05:44:26 PM »
Who honestly even buys bodybuilding DVDs?

duncanlukas

• Getbig II
« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2008, 05:52:45 PM »
lots of ppl u dumb fuck...ever seen darrem charles in 98 btfo...dude has almost every bb video...called motivation bud.

Pollux

• Getbig V
  • I'm kind of a big deal!
« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2008, 05:53:43 PM »
Who honestly even buys bodybuilding DVDs?

Me.  :-[

knny187

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: March 09, 2008, 11:37:33 AM »
why would Bob ever step on the stage again?

seriously....

he's the only pro bodybuilder that stays juiced all the time but does not step on the stage to lose money when he can be a commentator.

He's pretty smart actually.

Epic_Monster

• Getbig V
  • "Let me pose on this one" - REV. X
« Reply #13 on: March 09, 2008, 11:39:31 AM »
Spirit of Truth

Eyeball Chambers

• Getbig V
  • Would you hold still? You're making me fuck up...
« Reply #14 on: March 09, 2008, 11:50:54 AM »
lots of ppl u dumb fuck...ever seen darrem charles in 98 btfo...dude has almost every bb video...called motivation bud.

HA!
S

HowieW

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #15 on: March 10, 2008, 02:56:21 PM »
why would Bob ever step on the stage again?

seriously....

he's the only pro bodybuilder that stays juiced all the time but does not step on the stage to lose money when he can be a commentator.

He's pretty smart actually.

Bob is a smart guy and I doubt he is as juiced as you think. I supect he uses a moderate doseage of basic AAS and some HGH, no more , no less. Of course drugs are everything....not!

knny187

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: March 10, 2008, 05:40:36 PM »
Bob is a smart guy and I doubt he is as juiced as you think. I supect he uses a moderate doseage of basic AAS and some HGH, no more , no less. Of course drugs are everything....not!

If he became 100% off....he would be about 190lbs

HowieW

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #17 on: March 10, 2008, 06:42:52 PM »
I seriously doubt that. The guy has big frame and built a ton of muscle over many yrs, etc.
he would drop some size, no question, but you guys give too much credit to the juice.
If the juce made everyone a monster, where are the 100's of bodybuilders as massive as Jay or Ronnie?

knny187

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: March 10, 2008, 07:02:08 PM »
I seriously doubt that. The guy has big frame and built a ton of muscle over many yrs, etc.
he would drop some size, no question, but you guys give too much credit to the juice.
If the juce made everyone a monster, where are the 100's of bodybuilders as massive as Jay or Ronnie?

I would say...pound for pound....Michael Francois was a better body builder than Bob

Look at him now

HowieW

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #19 on: March 10, 2008, 07:06:44 PM »
I would say...pound for pound....Michael Francois was a better body builder than Bob

Look at him now

Mike won the Arnold and was in his prime a better rated pro than Bob ever was, no question.
However, Mike F had some major intestinal issues , was quite ill and required extensive surgery, etc.
You really can't compare that to some bodybuilder that eases back on the juice over time.
Do drugs make a difference? Doah...of course they do. But they are NOT the end all be all for building a great physique, they do tend to make a great physique look freakish and that is something I am NOT for.
Pick out 100 rugged , strong , age 20's guys from various gyms. Have them train hard for a few years, diet and take a good helping of juice and see what happens. Sure they will get a lot bigger and more muscular but how many will look like Dexter, Jay or Heath? No too many. THAT is my point.
So long as the magic cycle to the pros exist, the juice will get sold on the blackmarket and the legal magic supplements will be sold by the millions. It is a myth and something I don't buy into.

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
  • sometimes you get the elevator, somtimes the shaft
« Reply #20 on: March 10, 2008, 11:32:40 PM »
If he became 100% off....he would be about 190lbs

LOL...considering I havent been 190 since my Junior year in H.S., that would be something....

Matt C

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: March 10, 2008, 11:41:40 PM »
LOL...considering I havent been 190 since my Junior year in H.S., that would be something....

Hi Tom Prince.  ;D
Bodybuilding Pro.com

jtsunami

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • I support Bigbobs
« Reply #22 on: March 10, 2008, 11:42:02 PM »
Chick would never get below 250
TEAM Nasser

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
  • sometimes you get the elevator, somtimes the shaft
« Reply #23 on: March 10, 2008, 11:50:14 PM »
Chick would never get below 250

Sure I could...and I have. Eventually, I'll settle into the 220 range

Matt C

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: March 11, 2008, 12:04:56 AM »
Sure I could...and I have. Eventually, I'll settle into the 220 range

A pro who has predicts a realistic muscular weight while clean?  ???
Bodybuilding Pro.com