Author Topic: "Planet Muscle" - how would you improve the mag?  (Read 6314 times)

tomgreynolds

• Getbig II
Re: "Planet Muscle" - how would you improve the mag?
« Reply #50 on: March 09, 2008, 02:40:59 PM »
Honestly, much of the writing in the Planet Muscle magazine isn't very good. They have run-on sentences that often don't make any sense, and the focus of many articles is pointless.

I like a lot of their stuff, and I would like to buy it more often, but it seems like it's put together by a lot of people who don't know about muscle building, fitness, and diet.

j3di3

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #51 on: March 09, 2008, 02:52:27 PM »
get gh15 to write for you.

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
« Reply #52 on: March 09, 2008, 03:35:45 PM »
how about some real photos of bodybuilders. what i mean is phots other than contest bodybuilders. how about having a section devoted completly to offseason diet,training, and photos.
good idea
A

bic_staedtler

• Getbig IV
  • That is all.
« Reply #53 on: March 09, 2008, 03:56:09 PM »
Cater the magazine to different demographics.  You have THOUSANDS of NPC competitors, and not ONE magazine that actually puts together a "how to get ready for a show" article?  I've written to FLEX about his, still hasn't happened.

Don't bother talking about drugs.  What's the point?  Yep, we all know everybody's on em; so what's to discuss?

BUT...have a section where you recognize the DIFFERENCE between a juicer and a non-juicer, with workouts that reflect the lack of advantage.

You could split the year into bodyparts...12 different specialization issues.  Or maybe each mag will have a certain themed groups of bodyparts.  Anyway, REAL training articles by folks who actually know what they're talking about.  Kinda like the old articles in Ironmag, but less boring and less POF crap.

Put in a LOT of hot looking women!...you're getting shitty distribution anyways, might as well cater to the core audience!..put in the hot chicks!

Add motivational articles.

Add historical section, but interesting stuff...not just stats.

HAVE AWESOME PHOTOS...cover contests regularly.  Find a way to be only ONE MONTH behind, not THREE like every other mag.  Even FLEX is getting better.

NO GHOSTWRITERS....keep it REAL, if the guy can't construct a sentence, so what?  It's REAL.  Edit for punctuation and grammar and leave the rest.

Hmmm...and LIMIT the Muscletech ads.  LIMIT ALL ADS and charge me a buck or two more...I'll pay for it.

claymore

• Getbig IV
« Reply #54 on: March 09, 2008, 07:15:44 PM »
stop lying and selling bullshit products to kids.

Amen!!

Moosejay

« Reply #55 on: March 09, 2008, 07:49:50 PM »
Surely it wasnt the schmoes on the route that paid generously to "deliver" to the back door.

Jason

Remember, friends.

Your lot in life is a product of your actions.

Peace to you all.

BFP

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #56 on: March 09, 2008, 08:02:17 PM »
Remember, friends.

Your lot in life is a product of your actions.

Peace to you all.

Relax cupcake...its the G&O....as far removed from real life as can be... ;D

Jason

Captain Equipoise

• Getbig V
  • back from the dead...
« Reply #57 on: March 09, 2008, 09:53:15 PM »
Have an exposed supplement section, where you take the market's top 10 products (ie. from bodybuilding.com or something) and send them to a lab for testing.... this would be great, expose all the  b.s companies and snake oil hucksters out there and show what companies accurately dose their products. Would actually love to see this in a mag!

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #58 on: March 09, 2008, 10:01:18 PM »

Make it Charmin soft.........
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!