Author Topic: Jay's heavy shoulder presses.  (Read 8359 times)

kcballer

• Getbig V
  • In you I feel so pretty, In you I taste God
Re: Jay's heavy shoulder presses.
« Reply #25 on: March 11, 2008, 09:37:00 AM »
holy sh*t he gets those up so easy, almost like it's nothing
Abandon every hope...

England_1

• Getbig IV
« Reply #26 on: March 11, 2008, 02:26:20 PM »
Jay really impressed me strength wise on his latest DVD. He's never been known as a guy that goes too heavy, but he did 170s for 12 on flat bench with PLENTY in reserve. Very colemanesque. It looked like he could have handled the 200s.
Team Yates

theworm

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #27 on: March 11, 2008, 03:04:46 PM »
looks like he is doing upper chest presses...maybe i am doing something all wrong? 
you are gay.

chris_mason

• Getbig IV
  • Owner AtLarge Nutrition
« Reply #28 on: March 11, 2008, 03:31:21 PM »
Very strong!  Anyone not impressed by the 140s for 13 reps is CRAZY!  That is VERY strong!
w

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: March 11, 2008, 03:33:33 PM »
Very strong!  Anyone not impressed by the 140s for 13 reps is CRAZY!  That is VERY strong!
This is getbig. Most of the beast here warm up with 140's after a supermodel gang bang and a 10 hour shift running a billion dollar corporation.

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: March 11, 2008, 03:37:14 PM »
i have been saying that Jay is very underrated strength wise for years, he's very strong.

pinchharmonic

• Getbig II
« Reply #31 on: March 11, 2008, 03:43:58 PM »
holy shit, not only does he do a lot of weight, he drives them up like pistons.

it's like the velocity of the dumbell is instant and constant until the top.

unlike his training partners u can tell it starts of quick then slows down near the top, which just looks pussy compared to jay

candidizzle

• Getbig V
  • Trueprotein.com 5% discount code= TRB953
« Reply #32 on: March 11, 2008, 03:44:38 PM »
jay is a beast 4sho..  certainly lifts a helluva lot more than most bb'ers, and even alot of powerlifters. plus he doesnt lift that weight for a few low rep sets...hes using heavy ass weight during volume training...he averages 25 sets per body part..  

its funny how jay says "this is how we do it in gold, venice...or, i mean, this is how we do it in vegas!"... haha...such a white guy...doesnt even know how to represent his shit.. ;D

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: March 11, 2008, 03:46:56 PM »
Jay lifts the type of weight a man of his weight and muscle mass should and makes it look easy.

theworm

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #34 on: March 11, 2008, 04:24:51 PM »
explosiveness looks very important,,,look at Jay, Ronnie, Shawn (shawn may have just had a lot more quicker reps..)
you are gay.

kyomu

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • トホカミエミタメ ハラヒタマヒ キヨメタマフ
« Reply #35 on: March 11, 2008, 04:32:22 PM »
Nothing impress me and i knew that he could do this heavy unlike many of getbigers thought he couldnt lift heavy.

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek
« Reply #36 on: March 11, 2008, 04:35:45 PM »
Jay stated in his Improved and Beyond-Docudrama that he always held back weightwise because he got too strong. As the years pass he reminds me alot of big Ron when training - especially on t-bar rows.

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: March 11, 2008, 04:39:57 PM »
explosiveness looks very important,,,look at Jay, Ronnie, Shawn (shawn may have just had a lot more quicker reps..)
nobody goes slow with that type of weight, it's not possible, you have to explode with that type of weight.

theworm

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #38 on: March 11, 2008, 04:51:46 PM »
his training partner is not "exploding,"  thus you do not HAVE to explode with that kind of weight. 
you are gay.

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: March 11, 2008, 04:54:50 PM »
his training partner is not "exploding,"  thus you do not HAVE to explode with that kind of weight. 
and you'll notice that his "training partner" isn't even getting full reps on his own, he has Jay's hands on his elbows for every rep, that's proof that those two jackasses training with him couldn't handle the weights Jay was using, they should heve been using 100's instead of 130-140's.

kyomu

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • トホカミエミタメ ハラヒタマヒ キヨメタマフ
« Reply #40 on: March 11, 2008, 05:02:51 PM »
and you'll notice that his "training partner" isn't even getting full reps on his own, he has Jay's hands on his elbows for every rep, that's proof that those two jackasses training with him couldn't handle the weights Jay was using, they should heve been using 100's instead of 130-140's.
Highly agreed. Stupid mofos.

m8

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: March 11, 2008, 06:28:53 PM »
Impressive strength. I was expecting a dumbbell to fall on someone's foot, hahaha.

Tombo

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: March 11, 2008, 10:04:11 PM »
why do you need to perform 'full reps' those partial-looking reps do the job anyway

MisterMagoo

• Getbig V
  • And now, what joy will I have left to live for?
« Reply #43 on: March 11, 2008, 11:05:04 PM »
i have been saying that Jay is very underrated strength wise for years, he's very strong.

we might joke about how much weight he uses, but he's definitely crazy strong. not only did he hit the 140s for 13 or whatever that was, but the last few were with pauses at the bottom and if you've ever tried that, it's ROUGH.

a little while ago milos said he was there when jay decided to take the 200s for a ride on shoulder presses just for the hell of it and that he got a few shakey reps, and i have to say that i could believe it.

chris_mason

• Getbig IV
  • Owner AtLarge Nutrition
« Reply #44 on: March 11, 2008, 11:53:18 PM »
He is incline pressing there

So the fuck what?  He is targeting his shoulders very heavily.  What is your comment supposed to mean?  Is Jay a pussy because he leans back and takes one of you in each hand and presses it like it is nothing.

Are you so insecure you have to find a flaw in everything you cannot do?

w

Moen

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #45 on: March 12, 2008, 01:48:08 AM »
Watching jay training is art in motion, beautiful control, acceleration, you can just tell he's really working that muscle and not just doing a movement.

I've said this from the beginning, muscle strength wise he's at least as strong as coleman. I'd bet on it coleman couldnt follow jay over the course of a volume workout either.

Strength density is the key to hypertrophy, not meaningless absolute strength

England_1

• Getbig IV
« Reply #46 on: March 12, 2008, 02:13:06 AM »
Watching jay training is art in motion, beautiful control, acceleration, you can just tell he's really working that muscle and not just doing a movement.

I've said this from the beginning, muscle strength wise he's at least as strong as coleman. I'd bet on it coleman couldnt follow jay over the course of a volume workout either.

Strength density is the key to hypertrophy, not meaningless absolute strength

He's not on Coleman's level circa 2000.

405 on squats looks exhausting for Jay on squats, so much so he only gets 6 reps on the second set. Coleman squatted twice that. Cutler's upper body may be on par strength wise, lower body, forget about it.

Team Yates

FreedomFighter

• Getbig III
« Reply #47 on: March 12, 2008, 03:12:00 AM »
140 for 11 rep's- is very normal for 2xMro ???

Moen

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #48 on: March 12, 2008, 04:59:12 AM »
He's not on Coleman's level circa 2000.

405 on squats looks exhausting for Jay on squats, so much so he only gets 6 reps on the second set. Coleman squatted twice that. Cutler's upper body may be on par strength wise, lower body, forget about it.

You are equating numbers on the bar with quadriceps strength

Let them do a multiple set leg extension or even leg press contest and we'll see who wins

rccs

• Getbig IV
  • Alma Matter!
« Reply #49 on: March 12, 2008, 05:35:31 AM »
Good strength...
S