Author Topic: Markus Ruhl and Scott Steiner's chest injuries  (Read 50920 times)

GoneAway

• Getbig V
Markus Ruhl and Scott Steiner's chest injuries
« on: March 14, 2008, 08:42:49 AM »
i know this has been brought up before, but i'm noticing something like this on my own chest and am worried about turning out like these guys. been to docs, they say its untreatable.

for any doctors in the house, is this able to be prevented from getting any worse?

below are pics of Markus and Scott at stages where u can clearly see the tendons attaching to the sternum have torn off, leaving a gap down the middle between the left and right pecs (in scotts case). Markus' tearing has started on his right pec, lower sternum area. thanks for any help.

m8

• Getbig V
Re: Markus Ruhl and Scott Steiner's chest injuries
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2008, 08:44:07 AM »
Wow, poor Markus is finished.

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2008, 08:44:53 AM »
Thats looks bad :o
A

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2008, 08:45:59 AM »
You can quit going heavy on bench presses.  The problem with Steiner is that on a nightly basis he would have to wrestle and stretch and tear his pecs worst.  Picking and throwing people day after day will wear on you.  Just start taking it a little easier on chest and be careful stretching it too much with flyes and crossovers.

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2008, 08:46:31 AM »
 :'(

kwri298

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2008, 08:46:53 AM »
i know this has been brought up before, but i'm noticing something like this on my own chest and am worried about turning out like these guys. been to docs, they say its untreatable.

for any doctors in the house, is this able to be prevented from getting any worse?

below are pics of Markus and Scott at stages where u can clearly see the tendons attaching to the sternum have torn off, leaving a gap down the middle between the left and right pecs (in scotts case). Markus' tearing has started on his right pec, lower sternum area. thanks for any help.

After a abnormally hard chest day I noticed a similar seperation on one of my pecs.  The next day my chest was back to normal.

delta9mda

• Getbig V
  • Team Pussy Claad/ ya know I'm sayin?
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2008, 08:47:08 AM »
Wow, poor Markus is finished.
Marcus already retired, M8.

knny187

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2008, 08:53:30 AM »
time to be sittin in the recliner

MB_722

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith
« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2008, 09:02:41 AM »

fuck same shit happened to me. I was doing dips and my sternum popped. Have not been the same since. It's a noticable tear.

go to a physiotherapist to get treatment. apply heat and stretch out properly on a regular basis.

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2008, 09:28:08 AM »

fuck same shit happened to me. I was doing dips and my sternum popped. Have not been the same since. It's a noticable tear.

go to a physiotherapist to get treatment. apply heat and stretch out properly on a regular basis.

Is this painful when it first happens... or later? 
Is this just cosmetic damage or are you discernibly weaker? 

MB_722

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith
« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2008, 09:39:46 AM »
Is this painful when it first happens... or later? 
Is this just cosmetic damage or are you discernibly weaker? 

yes to all of it. There has always been pain. My strength has improved, it's taken quite abit of time to regain it. Not sure when I'll be at 100% I am still heating and stretching about 2-3 times a day. It happened about 15 months ago.

I've got one square pec and the other is round. IMO it looks like shit  :( 

vinnyvee

• Getbig IV
  • Dorian never bitched, he just shut em up!
« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2008, 09:40:21 AM »
Have you all not seen Markus Ruhls "Made in Germany"?
His grip placement is beyond wide for incline pressing imo. Maybe it contributed, maybe it didnt. I'm not saying he deserved it. The guy is a loveable freak but watch him press and you cant help but wonder not if but when one the pecs is going to give with arms spread that wide going that heavy.

toolarge4u

• Getbig III
  • Handicap stall is for dips you dicksock
« Reply #12 on: March 14, 2008, 09:50:57 AM »
Have you all not seen Markus Ruhls "Made in Germany"?
His grip placement is beyond wide for incline pressing imo. Maybe it contributed, maybe it didnt. I'm not saying he deserved it. The guy is a loveable freak but watch him press and you cant help but wonder not if but when one the pecs is going to give with arms spread that wide going that heavy.

exactly what i was gonna mention

Paragon

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #13 on: March 14, 2008, 09:57:25 AM »

your pecs may not be tearing at all.  in scotts and markus' cases i'm sure something popped and they felt a surge of pain.  if nothing like that has happened to you no need to worry, it is most likely the way your chest attaches to the sternum.  i have a similar issue but have never had an injury to my chest.  i have a very wide shoulder girdle and the majority of my pec mass is located to the outer pecs w/ little mass near the sternum creating a gap.   when i bench my shoulders are stimulated more than my pecs hence more mass in my shoulders and outer chest.  i've been concentrating more on squeezing with the pecs and more flye and cable work as well as using a closer grip on the bench and it seems to be working, try doing the same

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
« Reply #14 on: March 14, 2008, 10:17:09 AM »
i have no idea but if i had it i would give chest training a rest for atleast 2 months then go back to really light chest training and to see if it got better.

post a before and after pic of your chest if you have by the way.

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
« Reply #15 on: March 14, 2008, 11:41:04 AM »
:'(
funny how the tat makes it look worst :-\
A

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
« Reply #16 on: March 14, 2008, 01:04:00 PM »
Steiner is a nut job in real life. He's been to the pen a couple of times over the years for assaults on people.

JohnnyVegas

« Reply #17 on: March 14, 2008, 01:53:05 PM »
Steiner is a nut job in real life. He's been to the pen a couple of times over the years for assaults on people.

He is very tall and big.

Alex23

« Reply #18 on: March 14, 2008, 02:56:50 PM »
In Steiner's case, it's not a tear but nerve damage.

affy

« Reply #19 on: March 14, 2008, 03:24:08 PM »
speaking of pec tears

i heard that our good friend layne norton got a pretty bad pec tear recently

he's getting surgery soon

PIP to his bodybuilding career

Alex23

« Reply #20 on: March 14, 2008, 04:17:13 PM »
speaking of pec tears

I respect Layne for his passion and academic skills.

aussiepro

• Getbig III
« Reply #21 on: March 14, 2008, 04:37:24 PM »
in 2002 and 2003 when steiner was with the WWE his chest was looking horrible then, it has only gotten worse...
if i was you i would give chest a rest for a couple of weeks then alter your hand positioning when training..
try more dumbells and use a V like grip that has helped me a lot build my inner chest without stressing to much or the outer or the shoulders... (i have really bad shoulders so this is the only way i can do it)..
And i wouldn't do any sort of flying movement for a long time that might add unnecessary stress to your sternum
there's no magic pills... just needles

Red Hook

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: March 14, 2008, 04:54:22 PM »
You can quit going heavy on bench presses.  The problem with Steiner is that on a nightly basis he would have to wrestle and stretch and tear his pecs worst.  Picking and throwing people day after day will wear on you.  Just start taking it a little easier on chest and be careful stretching it too much with flyes and crossovers.

Scott should get pec implants
I

Alex23

« Reply #23 on: March 14, 2008, 04:56:31 PM »
Scott should get pec implants

I don't think it would fix his problem; the implant is usually inserted under the pec muscle, from the armpit to the sternum. In his case, his sternum is a landing pad.

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
« Reply #24 on: March 14, 2008, 05:09:57 PM »
speaking of pec tears

Yeah it's a worst kind of tears to. Torn in the musclebelly which is what i know impossible to re-attach :-\