Author Topic: Obama’s Spiritual Adviser Questioned U.S. Role in Spread of HIV, Sept. 11 Attack  (Read 9523 times)

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
That's about the stupidest fucking thing I've ever read.

calmus

• Getbig IV
  • Time is luck.
That's about the stupidest fucking thing I've ever read.

There's no need to be cruel. Coach tries hard. 

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
McCain has a spiritual advisor?  Who? 

John Hagee and Rod Parsley - though I doubt they are any more a true spiritual adviser than than the kook who supports Obama

What they all have in common is that they are all nutbag Christians, they've all endorsed their chosen candidate (as if anyone cares) and they've all forced their respective candidates to have to renounce/reject them.

I say - WHO THE FUCK CARES about any of them.

Our economy is facing it's worst crisis in 90 years and it looks like President Bombs Alot is gearing up to attack Iran and we're having a pissing contest over who's CHRISTIAN preacher is more nutty??

calmus

• Getbig IV
  • Time is luck.
John Hagee and Rod Parsley - though I doubt they are any more a true spiritual adviser than than the kook who supports Obama

What they all have in common is that they are all nutbag Christians, they've all endorsed their chosen candidate (as if anyone cares) and they've all forced their respective candidates to have to renounce/reject them.

Our economy is facing it's worst crisis in 90 years and it looks like President Bombs Alot is gearing up to attack Iran and we're having a pissing contest over who's CHRISTIAN leader is more nutty??

Welcome to The Surreal Life

Starring

Joe "Bilbo Baggins" Marino

BB

& "former" grade school bully, Colossus

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)

Our economy is facing it's worst crisis in 90 years and it looks like President Bombs Alot is gearing up to attack Iran and we're having a pissing contest over who's CHRISTIAN preacher is more nutty??

On what basis do you conclude that John Hagee and Rod Parsley are McCain's spiritual advisors? 

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
On what basis do you conclude that John Hagee and Rod Parsley are McCain's spiritual advisors? 

I didn't say they were. 

They are ALL just nutty Christians who have endorsed a candidate and been portrayed in the media as having some nebulous advisor status.

I think they are ALL Idiots

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
Oh come on.  I don't know for certain if the government invented cancer in a lab as a means of exterminating all Asian people either.  Afterall, we did put Japanese Americans in concentration camps and signed the Gentlemen's Agreement to preclude Asian immigrants.  

You don't have to be concerned about the fact Obama's spiritual advisor has some kooky beliefs, but I am.  I haven't read up on the guy, but he has apparently made a number of pretty bizarre comments.    

The irony...the brutal, brutal irony...

Beach Bum, you are a religious nutcase who believes in ancient Sumerian mythology as fact...and yet you are worried about some guy's kooky  beliefs....all I can say is talking snake and magic apples... ::)
I hate the State.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
The irony...the brutal, brutal irony...

Beach Bum, you are a religious nutcase who believes in ancient Sumerian mythology as fact...and yet you are worried about some guy's kooky  beliefs....all I can say is talking snake and magic apples... ::)

Says the paranoid anti-religious extremist.  I'm starting to think you are a former alter boy . . . .

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
Says the paranoid anti-religious extremist.  I'm starting to think you are a former alter boy . . . .

what's an alter boy?

OzmO

• Getbig V
Oh come on.  I don't know for certain if the government invented cancer in a lab as a means of exterminating all Asian people either.  Afterall, we did put Japanese Americans in concentration camps and signed the Gentlemen's Agreement to preclude Asian immigrants. 

You don't have to be concerned about the fact Obama's spiritual advisor has some kooky beliefs, but I am.  I haven't read up on the guy, but he has apparently made a number of pretty bizarre comments.   

I'm not concerned.  There's no reason to be.  Obama will distance himself from him in the spirit of good politics.  Just anyone law abiding politician would.   :)

OzmO

• Getbig V
what's an alter boy?

A namba poster model.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
I'm not concerned.  There's no reason to be.  Obama will distance himself from him in the spirit of good politics.  Just anyone law abiding politician would.   :)

I don't like the fact he has apparently had this guy in his ear for years. 

But I agree he has to distance himself from that guy if he wants to be elected. 

OzmO

• Getbig V
I don't like the fact he has apparently had this guy in his ear for years. 

But I agree he has to distance himself from that guy if he wants to be elected. 

Even though i don't agree with many things other people say there are things i take from those same people i do agree with.   A person who i used to work for until just recently was a staunch conservative.  I learned a great deal from him even though he had some views that could be considered borderline racist. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
Even though i don't agree with many things other people say there are things i take from those same people i do agree with.   A person who i used to work for until just recently was a staunch conservative.  I learned a great deal from him even though he had some views that could be considered borderline racist. 

Was he your spiritual advisor?   :)

I just had this conversation the other day.  You don't have to agree with the views of everyone you associate with.  In fact, I think it's healthy to expose yourself to opposing/varying viewpoints.

That's a little different from an advisor though. 

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...

No, life long atheist here. Never had any gods in my life except for the D&D ones my characters worshipped.
I hate the State.

OzmO

• Getbig V
Was he your spiritual advisor?   :)

I just had this conversation the other day.  You don't have to agree with the views of everyone you associate with.  In fact, I think it's healthy to expose yourself to opposing/varying viewpoints.

That's a little different from an advisor though. 

Yes and no.   Those are that spiritual advisor's personal opinions about government and the reason for things, NOT about God.

My friend's views on business were insightful and wise.  His views on racial issues were not.

calmus

• Getbig IV
  • Time is luck.
what's an alter boy?

ROFL.  BB's just going to do his patented "I'm going to ignore this and hope people don't notice I'm a dumbass" move on you. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
Yes and no.   Those are that spiritual advisor's personal opinions about government and the reason for things, NOT about God.

My friend's views on business were insightful and wise.  His views on racial issues were not.

Did he have bizarre views on race?  That's the distinction.  There is a difference between someone having an opposing viewpoint and someone talking like a lunatic.  Just read in another thread that this guy was comparing Obama to Jesus Christ?   Whaaat. 

OzmO

• Getbig V
Did he have bizarre views on race?  That's the distinction.  There is a difference between someone having an opposing viewpoint and someone talking like a lunatic.  Just read in another thread that this guy was comparing Obama to Jesus Christ?   Whaaat. 

I'll check the thread out.  But IMO, racism is illogical and is no different than bizarre.  Regardless, the man is one hell of a mentor when it comes to business but not when it comes to other things.  Perhaps the same is with the advisor.  Who knows.

Further more what vever he blames the plight of some people on doesn't connect to his relationship with Jesus and his salvation.  In the end that's all it's about isn't?

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
I'll check the thread out.  But IMO, racism is illogical and is no different than bizarre.  Regardless, the man is one hell of a mentor when it comes to business but not when it comes to other things.  Perhaps the same is with the advisor.  Who knows.

Further more what vever he blames the plight of some people on doesn't connect to his relationship with Jesus and his salvation.  In the end that's all it's about isn't?

It's all about judgment.  If someone makes truly bizarre statements, particularly in public, and has irrational views, that calls into question all of the advice they might give. 

OzmO

• Getbig V
It's all about judgment.  If someone makes truly bizarre statements, particularly in public, and has irrational views, that calls into question all of the advice they might give. 

I see your point.  But in matters of faith and salvation as i understand them and have been through them, they are apples and oranges.  This is just a man's opinion be it extreme and not too much different from what i've heard other people say that i've come in contact with at one time or another.  Bottom line, a true Christian only needs the bible for the ultimate authority on guidance.   He fellowships at this church and sits in sermons.  This reverend or pastor or w/e gets on the pulpit and expresses his views.   They talk, and i'm sure Obama wouldn't have gotten as far as he has in politics if he shared the same views.   

Spiritual advisor is about your relationship with God, not politics, and i'm sure Obama or McCain would know the difference.

OzmO

• Getbig V
In my mind this is no big deal,  It won't stop me from voting for Obama because McCain in my mind is no better and looks like a puppet.   

BUT,

This makes Obama look like he's connected to the likes of Sharpton and Co.   This is something that could turn out to help Hilary. 

Still not 100% sure who i'll vote for anyway.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana

ROFL.  BB's just going to do his patented "I'm going to ignore this and hope people don't notice I'm a dumbass" move on you. 

well it's only a typo and I've certainly made my share. 

just kind of funny

JBGRAY

• Getbig IV
I'd like to throw this out there as well, more nutty pastors making kooky remarks:  From the late Pastor Kennedy(RIP)...."If you vote Democrat, you are going to be condemned to hell".  Or perhaps the late Jerry Falwell's assertion that one of the Teletubbies was sending a pro-gay messege to children and was, in fact, gay.  Like the Poverty Pimps Jackson and Sharpton, such remarks should be shrugged off and not to be taken seriously by any rational person.  Unfortunately, with public education in such a laughable mess and with the IQ seemingly dropping every year, such populist, claims of victimhood, and entitlement lines of thought become ever more prevalent and popular.

Yes, the US Government has committed past atrocities towards its people(and definately not solely towards blacks).  But US blacks have it pretty damn good in this nation, at least in comparison to their kin in other parts of the world.  If they were classified as a Nation, they'd have the 16th largest economy.  They have access to opportunities that in past times would be seen as unprecedented.

Jesse Jackson DID have this one right:  "Blacks' Salvation does not go through Whites."