Author Topic: 3 British Muslims describe torture at Guantanamo Bay  (Read 11131 times)

Slapper

• Getbig V
  • Vincit qui se vincit
Re: 3 British Muslims describe torture at Guantanamo Bay
« Reply #75 on: March 16, 2008, 05:28:47 PM »
What if everybody here met up, had some beer and some good food, and perhaps listening to some Van Halen?

:D :P

Debussey doesn't like Van Halen.

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #76 on: March 16, 2008, 08:30:46 PM »
And you're saying all of this because......... ??

Ok, so the Muslims did not come up with the concept of "0". Fair enough. They came up with algebra though. Is that enough or should I go a google on their accomplishments? And plenty other things. I mean, it's like saying that the blues or jazz is not a purely American phenomena because the originators were African American slaves hence not considered citizens of the US hence they were not American.

It's total stupidity. Beyond stupid!

Religion at base is a bad thing. The benefits are outweighed by the downsides of it, to say nothing of its utter falsehood. Moreover no one is differentiating bewteen the different periods of Islam. There was a sort of Islamic enlightenment during which learning and study was propagated and encouraged but that was in the early middle ages. For some 1000 years or so, Islam has not produced very much of anything of use. There were exceptions of course, but as a rule, the past millenium has reflected poorly on Islam.

Whatever inventions, concepts achieved and strides taken it is a mistake to think that these are reflections of the religion itself. Religion is as the good old Baron D'Holbach says:

If we look back at the begining we shall find that ignorance and fear created the gods; that fancy, enthusiasm, or deceit adorned or disfigured them; that weakness worships them; that credulity preserves them; and that custom, respect and tyranny support them, in order to make the blindness of man serve their own interest. If the ignorance of nature gave birth to Gods, the knowledge of nature is calculated to destroy them.

Religion has ever filled the mind of man with darkness, and kept him in ignorance of his real duties and true interests. It is only by dispelling the clouds and phantoms of Religion, that we shall discover Truth, Reason, and Morality. Religion diverts us from the causes of evils, and from the remedies which nature prescribes; far from curing, it only aggravates, multiplies, and perpetuates them.

Islam= hogwash

US foreign policy= hogwash

hogwash+hogwash= a big problem
I hate the State.

Nordic Superman

• Getbig V
  • Hesitation doesn't come easily in this blood...
« Reply #77 on: March 17, 2008, 03:55:31 AM »
Slapper, it's not my position to prove non-muslim states during the middle ages developed any new technology. YOU are the one making sweeping statements that NOTHING of use was developed outside of muslim controlled countries.

The pro-muslim bias goes far beyond any Christian bias in the USA. I could post information on those countries if you would like?

Yes I am not ashamed to say that western culture is superior. I believe this completely. We're not superior humans tho, every human is equal, but the second you believe that bombing innocent civilians is OK you become inferior.

"Much more murderous than islam", what? The whole Arabic peninsula was islamised by force along with EVERY country that was ever islamised. I'm not saying your statement is false, but where's the evidence? Stop making RIDICULOUS sweeping statements.

Slapper, algebra: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diophantus

You're giving credit to islam the works of individual men. Islam didn't develop algebra, a man did who happened to be muslim.

Northern Ireland conflict and Nazism wasn't works of religious Christian wars. I'm not even going there... especially with Nazism.

Ironic calling me hypocritical, must I again repost your opening statement saying islam cannot be criticised at any angle? ::)
الاسلام هو شيطانية

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #78 on: March 17, 2008, 07:13:33 AM »
I think you're full of shit when you talk about anything to do with the military. Sorry man, hate to be so blunt about it. If you really do work for the military in some way shape or form and there are others that think like you, than it's no wonder it's a fucking mess.

What because I have no illusions about who or what we're fighting or that I don't fall into some politically correct box...ur world view is both nave and dangerous. Who's doing the killing now...who's doing the suicide bombing...don't dilute the argument with things that happened 400-500 years ago. Don't defend the indefensible because of some misplaced Western guilt.
L

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #79 on: March 17, 2008, 07:17:13 AM »
Slapper, it's not my position to prove non-muslim states during the middle ages developed any new technology. YOU are the one making sweeping statements that NOTHING of use was developed outside of muslim controlled countries.

The pro-muslim bias goes far beyond any Christian bias in the USA. I could post information on those countries if you would like?

Yes I am not ashamed to say that western culture is superior. I believe this completely. We're not superior humans tho, every human is equal, but the second you believe that bombing innocent civilians is OK you become inferior.

"Much more murderous than islam", what? The whole Arabic peninsula was islamised by force along with EVERY country that was ever islamised. I'm not saying your statement is false, but where's the evidence? Stop making RIDICULOUS sweeping statements.

You're giving credit to islam the works of individual men. Islam didn't develop algebra, a man did who happened to be muslim.

Northern Ireland conflict and Nazism wasn't works of religious Christian wars. I'm not even going there... especially with Nazism.

Ironic calling me hypocritical, must I again repost your opening statement saying islam cannot be criticised at any angle? ::)

The shit that some of these guys try to tie in is laughable. Arabs have many cultural issues that cause problems for them..outside just being Muslims. But imagine if these people were all Christains....do u honestly think we'd have these problems. They believ in a religion that praises forced conversions, murdering unbelievers etc etc. This is not the religion of peace.
L

Nordic Superman

• Getbig V
« Reply #80 on: March 17, 2008, 07:24:07 AM »
This is not the religion of peace.

That's an undoubted fact.
الاسلام هو شيطانية

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #81 on: March 17, 2008, 08:04:43 AM »
I hate the State.

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
  • KILL CENTRAL BANKS, BUY BITCOIN.
« Reply #82 on: March 17, 2008, 07:10:06 PM »
What because I have no illusions about who or what we're fighting or that I don't fall into some politically correct box...ur world view is both nave and dangerous. Who's doing the killing now...who's doing the suicide bombing...don't dilute the argument with things that happened 400-500 years ago. Don't defend the indefensible because of some misplaced Western guilt.

We're doomed not becasue of some dirt poor slob Muslim but because of people that share your way of thinking. Destruction of an enemy has it's time and place but the threat is manufactured by American foriegn policy and you fail to see it, everytime.

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #83 on: March 17, 2008, 07:43:34 PM »
That's an undoubted fact.

Haha even during the Enlightenment Era a few philosophers praised Islam....

>>>>

enter "The Terror" in which more than 100k people were decapitated in the 12 months of French Revolt...

Let's not mention David Livingston and his observations with Islam and it's blood thirst.

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #84 on: March 17, 2008, 08:20:36 PM »

Haha even during the Enlightenment Era a few philosophers praised Islam....

>>>>

enter "The Terror" in which more than 100k people were decapitated in the 12 months of French Revolt...

Let's not mention David Livingston and his observations with Islam and it's blood thirst.

All religion is primitive bullshit. I don't single them out.
I hate the State.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #85 on: March 18, 2008, 09:00:52 AM »
We're doomed not becasue of some dirt poor slob Muslim but because of people that share your way of thinking. Destruction of an enemy has it's time and place but the threat is manufactured by American foriegn policy and you fail to see it, everytime.

We're doomed because people like u are scared to point fingers at the root causes. Dirt poor muslims with a Koran in one hand and an AK in the other are the reason we're in this mess. Sorry I don't buy into the "blame America" first way of thinking. I think all that fear and self-loathing are going to kill u.
L

War-Horse

• Getbig V
« Reply #86 on: March 18, 2008, 10:08:43 AM »
We're doomed because people like u are scared to point fingers at the root causes. Dirt poor muslims with a Koran in one hand and an AK in the other are the reason we're in this mess. Sorry I don't buy into the "blame America" first way of thinking. I think all that fear and self-loathing are going to kill u.

Your hopeless.  youre thinking on matters makes you a great terrorist........ Um soldier, living off taxpayer money.

Slapper

• Getbig V
  • Vincit qui se vincit
« Reply #87 on: March 18, 2008, 06:41:23 PM »

Yes, I am saying that muslim Spain was indeed hundreds of years ahead of anyone at the time in Europe. And I'm not pulling this one out of my ass, it is a FACT, the same as the Middle Ages being a black hole of knowledge in European history is also a FACT. It eventually ended, although not until all the Islamic knowledge rubbed off on some of the Christians.

Go ahead, that's what I asked you before!

And yet, that's exactly what we've done from Vietnam to Cambodia and Irak.

And I presume the Americas were christianized peacefully?  ??? Christianity is behind some of the biggest massacres. This is not a statement I'm making out of the blue, it is a fact. And some of these massacres make the taking of the Arabic penninsula look like a Real World episode.

Bullshit. Look up "algebra" under Wikipedia.

You mean to tell me that religion wasn't behind what happened in Northern Ireland? Must be that all that talk about protestants vs. catholics was just a bunch of shit...

As I said before, you have a right to criticize anything you like, and I do too, hence my responses.

Now, go get some rest and think about how you're going to misquote me once again.

Nordic Superman

• Getbig V
« Reply #88 on: March 19, 2008, 09:09:40 AM »
Yes, I am saying that muslim Spain was indeed hundreds of years ahead of anyone at the time in Europe. And I'm not pulling this one out of my ass, it is a FACT, the same as the Middle Ages being a black hole of knowledge in European history is also a FACT. It eventually ended, although not until all the Islamic knowledge rubbed off on some of the Christians.

Go ahead, that's what I asked you before!

And yet, that's exactly what we've done from Vietnam to Cambodia and Irak.

And I presume the Americas were christianized peacefully?  ??? Christianity is behind some of the biggest massacres. This is not a statement I'm making out of the blue, it is a fact. And some of these massacres make the taking of the Arabic penninsula look like a Real World episode.

Bullshit. Look up "algebra" under Wikipedia.

You mean to tell me that religion wasn't behind what happened in Northern Ireland? Must be that all that talk about protestants vs. catholics was just a bunch of shit...

As I said before, you have a right to criticize anything you like, and I do too, hence my responses.

Now, go get some rest and think about how you're going to misquote me once again.

Where's your evidence nothing was developed outside of muslim controlled Spain during the middle ages? It's YOUR position to back up YOUR statements. I disagreed with what you said and you think I'm the one who has to prove I'm correct? Are you an idiot?

Hmm, Vietnam, Cambodia and Iraq are religious wars? How do these compare to islamic conquests? Why are you protecting them?

What are these Christian massacres you speak of? Nazism isn't religion based (you're an absolute tool for believing this).

I'm not refuting the issue about algebra, I'm criticising your position. You said algebra was an islamic invention, it's not, it was developed like the rest of science: off the shoulders of giants, in this case Diophantus a Alexandrian mathematician and by a man, not a religion although in your mind  and the minds of muslims an islamic apologists... islam is the critical factor.

I'm absolutely telling you that religion wasn't behind the Northern Ireland conflict. You are absolutely uninformed if you believe so. I'm British and if you want to go into this particular topic further I will be happy to destroy your position. The religious sides gave a name and a face to the opposing parties. You're obviously too idiotic to grasp that concept tho?

And no, you absolutely didn't say that in your first post. You CLEARLY said that islam couldn't be criticised from ANY angle. Did you or did you not say that?
الاسلام هو شيطانية

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #89 on: March 19, 2008, 09:11:16 AM »
Great post...how many PIRA or URC guys were going to church on Sunday's.  ::)
L

Slapper

• Getbig V
  • Vincit qui se vincit
« Reply #91 on: March 21, 2008, 12:33:02 PM »
Where's your evidence nothing was developed outside of muslim controlled Spain during the middle ages? It's YOUR position to back up YOUR statements. I disagreed with what you said and you think I'm the one who has to prove I'm correct? Are you an idiot?

No, contraire mon ami, I will not back anything up, IT IS A FACT. It's like me trying to prove the existance of the force of gravity to you. I will not. It is a fucking fact. If you want to know more, READ!

Hmm, Vietnam, Cambodia and Iraq are religious wars? How do these compare to islamic conquests? Why are you protecting them?

No, but that is precisely my point, there is very little "religious" in the senseless killing perpetrated by all these jihadists (you can ask any moderate muslim and ye shall see-and by the way, the moderates are majority in the Islamic world) the same way there is very little "democracy" in Bush's "bringing democracy" to Irak. I mean, you have to read between the lines, you have to connect the dots. You are quick in pointing out the supposed inferiority of those who kill in the name of Allah and yet you refuse to even court the thought that you belief might also sort of also apply to us?. The fact of the matter is that what nowadays is Islam was Communism a couple of years ago and some other thing before that. Hence my mixing religion with Viet Nam and the other countries. In any case, you fail to understand that those who "murder, plunder and rape" are a minority, on both sides, and you cannot judge a religion, a country, a race, a town, a tribe, etc. by the actions of a few.

What are these Christian massacres you speak of? Nazism isn't religion based (you're an absolute tool for believing this).

I'm not refuting the issue about algebra, I'm criticising your position. You said algebra was an islamic invention, it's not, it was developed like the rest of science: off the shoulders of giants, in this case Diophantus a Alexandrian mathematician and by a man, not a religion although in your mind  and the minds of muslims an islamic apologists... islam is the critical factor.

The problem is that you do not know what the fuck you're saying by now. If you remember, you first started spewing out brainless shitloads of rethoric insinuating that Islam had created a world of bomb-makers and societies that produce nothing of value (I actually sort of agree on the last point, I believe many muslim societies are so backwards  it's not even funny) and I went on to prove to you that SUR-FUCKING-PRIIIIISE: Islam can also harbor the free flow of ideas. It's a fact, it's in the history books. So whether you decide to critisize or recontracritisize my previous point, I don't give a shit nígga! It is a fact. Next! 

And yes, I am an Islamic apologist (whatever that means), and I am also a liberal who loves drugs, sex and all that that is impure.  ;D ;D ;D ;D What's apologetic in telling the truth? 

I'm absolutely telling you that religion wasn't behind the Northern Ireland conflict. You are absolutely uninformed if you believe so. I'm British and if you want to go into this particular topic further I will be happy to destroy your position. The religious sides gave a name and a face to the opposing parties. You're obviously too idiotic to grasp that concept tho?

Of course it had nothing to do with religion. I guess the protestants and catholics were mere myths. Oh! That must be the reason why the REVEREND Ian Paisley was elected first minister in NI... No, religion has nothing to do with it.

And no, you absolutely didn't say that in your first post. You CLEARLY said that islam couldn't be criticised from ANY angle. Did you or did you not say that?

Again, misquoted me again nígga! Wassup wit dat?! Go back and READ what I said.

بيانات الفيلم

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
carpe` vaginum!

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
« Reply #93 on: March 21, 2008, 03:44:16 PM »
Good post..Gitmo has had the International red cross investigate and by and large they have had no incidents or problems. These are bad folks who were taught to lie about their treatment...its right out of the AQ play book. Slapper ur world view is so naive as to be laughable.

o good gawd..certain mullahs in afghan prolly  justify the terrorist acts of suicide bombers with equal vigor :-\
carpe` vaginum!

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
  • Mel Gibson and Bob Sly World Domination
« Reply #94 on: March 21, 2008, 05:24:48 PM »
Epic cruel and unusual punishment..

Epic not giving people a trail..

The Master

• Getbig V
« Reply #95 on: March 21, 2008, 05:32:00 PM »

That's a pretty harsh conclusion based on a prediction of the future that you do not have the neccessary facts to make, nor the computing power in your brain to actually simulate and predict that scenario. Thus, your prediction is completely based on faith, which by no reasonable standard is a precise predictor of the future.

:)

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
  • KILL CENTRAL BANKS, BUY BITCOIN.
« Reply #96 on: March 21, 2008, 05:39:50 PM »
That's a pretty harsh conclusion based on a prediction of the future that you do not have the neccessary facts to make, nor the computing power in your brain to actually simulate and predict that scenario. Thus, your prediction is completely based on faith, which by no reasonable standard is a precise predictor of the future.

:)

lol

The Master

• Getbig V
« Reply #97 on: March 21, 2008, 05:57:58 PM »

Nordic Superman

• Getbig V
« Reply #98 on: March 23, 2008, 05:46:05 AM »
No, contraire mon ami, I will not back anything up, IT IS A FACT. It's like me trying to prove the existance of the force of gravity to you. I will not. It is a fucking fact. If you want to know more, READ!

No, but that is precisely my point, there is very little "religious" in the senseless killing perpetrated by all these jihadists (you can ask any moderate muslim and ye shall see-and by the way, the moderates are majority in the Islamic world) the same way there is very little "democracy" in Bush's "bringing democracy" to Irak. I mean, you have to read between the lines, you have to connect the dots. You are quick in pointing out the supposed inferiority of those who kill in the name of Allah and yet you refuse to even court the thought that you belief might also sort of also apply to us?. The fact of the matter is that what nowadays is Islam was Communism a couple of years ago and some other thing before that. Hence my mixing religion with Viet Nam and the other countries. In any case, you fail to understand that those who "murder, plunder and rape" are a minority, on both sides, and you cannot judge a religion, a country, a race, a town, a tribe, etc. by the actions of a few.

The problem is that you do not know what the fuck you're saying by now. If you remember, you first started spewing out brainless shitloads of rethoric insinuating that Islam had created a world of bomb-makers and societies that produce nothing of value (I actually sort of agree on the last point, I believe many muslim societies are so backwards  it's not even funny) and I went on to prove to you that SUR-FUCKING-PRIIIIISE: Islam can also harbor the free flow of ideas. It's a fact, it's in the history books. So whether you decide to critisize or recontracritisize my previous point, I don't give a shit nígga! It is a fact. Next! 

And yes, I am an Islamic apologist (whatever that means), and I am also a liberal who loves drugs, sex and all that that is impure.  ;D ;D ;D ;D What's apologetic in telling the truth? 

Of course it had nothing to do with religion. I guess the protestants and catholics were mere myths. Oh! That must be the reason why the REVEREND Ian Paisley was elected first minister in NI... No, religion has nothing to do with it.

Again, misquoted me again nígga! Wassup wit dat?! Go back and READ what I said.

بيانات الفيلم

This post is not worthy of reply.

YOU don't have to prove things? Get real ::) In that case everything I say is fact and I don't have to prove it either.

Islam plays a central role in islamic terrorism and islamic conquests. It provides and facilitates idiots to cause atrocities. Fact fact fact.

Nothing was developed outside of islamic controlled Spain during the middle ages: FALSE.

But why respond to someone who believes everyone else must provide evidence but you're above it? You're as thick as two short planks.

A typical liberal apologist know-it-all.
الاسلام هو شيطانية

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #99 on: March 23, 2008, 08:24:10 AM »
This thread is useless without pics