Author Topic: How many of you started lifting thinking you could get big and ripped but then  (Read 18374 times)

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
yes, thats obvious.

im confused at why he would think that?

in the real world, not in the magazines, you can put on muscle as you lose body fat when you diet correctly. and thi is the best way to diet.   

i know people are going to say "your an idiot. hahaha. the human body doesnt work like that. you can not gain muscle an dlose fat at the same time!" but, this is simply a misconception.
the two processes are not intertwined, and are only semi-conflicting.

check out kevin levrne, david henry, dexter jackso, jay cutler...all of those guys grow INTO shows.  (yes, i know they are on gear, so its different, but the human body works the same whne your on gear OR off, you just wont GAIN as much, or LOSE as much when natural, as compared to a assisted BB'er.)

Reinventing the nutrition wheel I see again? ::)
I hate the State.

candidizzle

• Getbig V
  • Trueprotein.com 5% discount code= TRB953
okay, buddy... do your your thing. im not going to try and sell you on my advice. you can take it orleavre it, your the one complaining about shitty "genetics" and never being able to get yourself cut up.....      but i guess you know what your talking about/doing

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
okay, buddy... do your your thing. im not going to try and sell you on my advice. you can take it orleavre it, your the one complaining about shitty "genetics" and never being able to get yourself cut up.....      but i guess you know what your talking about/doing

I never really made a months long effort to get cut up. I am doing that now.

I hate the State.

The Master

• Getbig V
I never really made a months long effort to get cut up. I am doing that now.

:o

Most naturals not already in very good condition needs 3 - 6 months to get into shape if they want to keep their muscle mass, strength and have a predictable fat/weight loss over time.

Fat naturals needs 7 -10 months of dieting to achieve the same stuff.

Naturals trying to get ripped in 2 - 3 months, unless in good condition won't make it. A 1 month effort to get ripped =  worthless.

candidizzle

• Getbig V
morning cardio and maintanence calories with high protein intake , limited carbs(pre, post workout), and daily efa supplementaion would give you a small increase in muscle mass while losing body fat.

simple stuff.

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
:o

Most naturals not already in very good condition needs 3 - 6 months to get into shape if they want to keep their muscle mass, strength and have a predictable fat/weight loss over time.

Fat naturals needs 7 -10 months of dieting to achieve the same stuff.

Naturals trying to get ripped in 2 - 3 months, unless in good condition won't make it. A 1 month effort to get ripped =  worthless.

When I say months I mean up to a year if need be though I will have to take a maitenance break when I leave Korea until I am in a stable environment once more.
I hate the State.

Geo

• Getbig IV
  (yes, i know they are on gear, so its different, but the human body works the same whne your on gear OR off,

quit already kid.....

I'm gettin to the point where I'm actually embarrased for ya

candidizzle

• Getbig V
quit already kid.....

I'm gettin to the point where I'm actually embarrased for ya
YOU obviously dont know shit

HowieW

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
I believe that all modesty I have decent genetics, ( pic of me last yr and I am now 49).
I placed in a big show after only 9 mos of actual training ( age 19) and have won a few state/regional ones , most with no drug use against guys that used.I did use small amounts from 83-86. I am not all that great but above avg.
I wanted to compete from the first time I picked up a wt.
Kelly Ryan married well!  Free Titus!

Moosejay

Shit,I thought you were going to say that you were that blond guy  ;D

haha...no, sorry to disappoint!@... :)

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
I believe that all modesty I have decent genetics, ( pic of me last yr and I am now 49).
I placed in a big show after only 9 mos of actual training ( age 19) and have won a few state/regional ones , most with no drug use against guys that used.I did use small amounts from 83-86. I am not all that great but above avg.
Any pics from your comps Howie?
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

The_Iron_Disciple

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team New Dad
Any pics from your comps Howie?

Love the Avatar, Chaos ! LOL !  ;D

GoneAway

• Getbig V
you can gain muscle and lose fat simultaenously - sure - but good luck doing that when ur sub 10% bf and natty.

candidizzle

• Getbig V
you can gain muscle and lose fat simultaenously - sure - but good luck doing that when ur sub 10% bf and natty.
who say it has to be simultaneous?

how about eating slightly above maintanence calories for muscle growth , and then do morning cardio daily in order to lose body fat...

The Master

• Getbig V

how about eating slightly above maintanence calories for muscle growth , and then do morning cardio daily in order to lose body fat...

Have this been done in any studies?

candidizzle

• Getbig V
Have this been done in any studies?
the studies i have done inside my head.  ;D

candidizzle

• Getbig V
let me calrify...slightly above maintanence calories...

WITH the thermic effeect of feeding taken into account, AND with a very high protein intake, WITH 15-20 g fish oil daily, WITH limited carbs (pre post workout only)

GoneAway

• Getbig V

yes, that can be done in theory. but u wont really need the cardio at slightly above maintanence caloric intake, as u'd burn enough fat through weight training + putting on muscle.

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
Fat Loss requires a caloric deficit...

Something someone wants to say that contradicts this FACT...?
I hate the State.

candidizzle

• Getbig V
Fat Loss requires a caloric deficit...

Something someone wants to say that contradicts this FACT...?

well, yes and no. ever hear of the thermic effect of feeding? do you know where the calories for digesion come from? how about morning cardio done on an empty stomach..? 

and what constitutes a caloric defecit???   

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
well, yes and no. ever hear of the thermic effect of feeding? do you know where the calories for digesion come from? how about morning cardio done on an empty stomach..? 

and what constitutes a caloric defecit???   

Caloric deficit= utilising more than you take in in terms of energy, i.e. calories.

If you take Trenbolon, then yes you can eat a lot and still melt off fat but a natural cannot do that. Either you lose fat, maintain or gain...three choices, all of which are mutually exclusive.
I hate the State.

candidizzle

• Getbig V
Caloric deficit= utilising more than you take in in terms of energy, i.e. calories.

If you take Trenbolon, then yes you can eat a lot and still melt off fat but a natural cannot do that. Either you lose fat, maintain or gain...three choices, all of which are mutually exclusive.
so youve never heard of the thermic effect of feeding, huh?

let me fill you in.

digestion requires calories. certain foods take more than other.  proteins take about 30% of ingested calories in order to digest , carbs and fats about 4%.... so lets say you eat 100 calories of protein, or 25 grams, in order to digest that protein it takes your body 30 calories. calories for digestion come straight out of body fat stores. regardless of if your in a "caloric defecit" or not.

so lets say you have a base metabolic rate of 2500 cals per day, and the capability to utilize 300 gams of protein per day.    you eat a total of 2500 calories, 1200 of which are protein. from those 1200 calories of protein, you LOST 360 calories from your fat stores ini order for digestion to occur.

so you ate maintanence calories, built up muscle alll day long, but lost 360 cals of fat because of digestion.

Moosejay

Howie...I am like you where I did better in competition without the stuff compared to when I used....you can check my comp pics on pics of members and more board in General section under Moosejay

HowieW

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
Howie...I am like you where I did better in competition without the stuff compared to when I used....you can check my comp pics on pics of members and more board in General section under Moosejay
Cool! I think that most of us can do just fine without the juice!
Kelly Ryan married well!  Free Titus!

Moosejay

Agreed