Author Topic: High Rows?  (Read 1347 times)

tonymctones

• Getbig V
High Rows?
« on: March 16, 2008, 03:36:32 PM »
Im thinking about switching to high rows from DB rows, any thoughts or ideas I have high lats and would like to hit the lower lats a little bit. I do deads, reverse grip pull downs, rows, and chins.
if anybody has any ideas or suggestions on exercises let me know.

NoCalBbEr

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
Re: High Rows?
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2008, 11:31:48 AM »
no way dude. DB rows is a stable of back training. when u say high rows, you mean the cable or the hammer version? that's what it think

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2008, 08:19:58 PM »
To me hammer rows are better than DB rows, but you have to decide for yourself based on how it feels in the muscle. Try high and low hammer rows they're both great for different areas.

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2008, 08:26:21 PM »
Im thinking about switching to high rows from DB rows, any thoughts or ideas I have high lats and would like to hit the lower lats a little bit. I do deads, reverse grip pull downs, rows, and chins.
if anybody has any ideas or suggestions on exercises let me know.

You have high lats, so do I. Not an exercise in the world will change that.
I hate the State.

Emmortal

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2008, 08:46:36 PM »
You have high lats, so do I. Not an exercise in the world will change that.

Would medium grip underhand pull downs help bring your lats down a little?  Obviously nothing is going to be able to correct genetics, but correct me if I'm wrong, that exercise can help some.

candidizzle

• Getbig V
  • Trueprotein.com 5% discount code= TRB953
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2008, 09:20:20 PM »
smith machine deadlifts really fry my lower/inner back, as do pull downs with a close grip attachment.

Geo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2008, 10:40:30 PM »
smith machine deadlifts really fry my lower/inner back, as do pull downs with a close grip attachment.

nobody cares !

NoCalBbEr

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2008, 10:51:23 AM »
dont believe people that say 'that here's no exerise to improve you high lats"

if you take a underhand grip like on barbell rows and lat pulldowns with a short straight  bar or a lat pulldown's bar. you can also do DB rows to you lower lats. you would pull the DB to you=r lats instead of  pulling it up and down. there's always some way!!

Cap

• Getbig V
  • Trueprotein.com 5% discount code= CSP111
« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2008, 06:56:53 PM »
To me hammer rows are better than DB rows, but you have to decide for yourself based on how it feels in the muscle. Try high and low hammer rows they're both great for different areas.
I have to agree.  It seems easier to isolate the lat but also move some decent weight.  I find the high rows and the ones Yates used in B & G.  The low row used by Levrone is not one of my favorites but some like it.  Like Pumpster said, try them all.
Squishy face retard

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2008, 07:48:03 AM »
cool thanks gor the help guys i guess im just gonna try some new things and see if anything takes