Author Topic: Anyone suffured from a slipped disc in the L5-S1  (Read 3389 times)

laurion

• Getbig III
Anyone suffured from a slipped disc in the L5-S1
« on: March 16, 2008, 07:06:36 PM »
And if so......
I have talked to many people who have suffured from this injury and I had no idea that it was so common!  Then I found out that this particular disc is the one that most people with slipped discs have injured. Many people have told me to learn to live with the pain because physical therapy and chiro usually doesn't work but they were all small (mostly woman) now I'm not a monster or anything but this pain keeps me from doing some of my favorite exercises, mostly anything bent over where I can't support myself with a bench.  For instance I can do bent over DB rows leaning on a bench no problem but If I try to do bent over barbell rows.... immediate pain!

Any advice would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

-Will

JackCheze

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
Re: Anyone suffured from a slipped disc in the L5-S1
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2008, 01:09:01 PM »
I had a rupture (same thing) at C6-C7. It caused a chronic pinched nerve in my left arm. Sucked ass. I felt really fragile. Ibuprofen and rest worked for awhile, but then nothing would work (tried drugs, PT, Chiro).

Ended up having a disc fusion almost 2 years ago. I have arthritis in my neck now but that's nothing compared to what it was like.