Author Topic: Obama's Speech Was An Act Of Political Necessity, Not Courage  (Read 3887 times)

Decker

• Getbig V
Re: Obama's Speech Was An Act Of Political Necessity, Not Courage
« Reply #25 on: March 19, 2008, 10:03:16 AM »
All people in Obama's situation know that when you address an issue you give it some tacit legitimacy and it serves no benefit to do that too soon.  At this point it became something he was forced to address and I think he did decent job with it. 
That's a fantastic point...right out of the Rove playbook.  

Have the rightwing media echochamber go nuts on a topic until it's addressed by a 'legitimate' news source, then the candidate is obligated to address the issue as if it is grave and solemn topic.

Where was everyone during the 2000 and 2004 elections?  

I hate this rhetorical ploy, but HELLO...remember all the BS about love canal, the union song, inventing the internet, love story for Gore and flip flopper and swift boating for Kerry....

Apparently our population has a short memory.

The Coach

« Reply #26 on: March 19, 2008, 10:04:24 AM »
Yes, the inimitable and overpowering republican prophesies.

Well, here's a little history for you b/c, unlike you, I cannot foresee the future.

When you have the enemy praying that a dem/lib gets into office, what does that tell you?

Last time this country had a tax hike, it experience the largest and longest period of economic growth in history.  That's a fact.  The deficit was erased and the debt was being paid down.

Are you referring to Clinton's dot com boom, then the economy start to go into the shitter 1 1/2 years before his term expired? Or when Bush had the biggest economic turn around in the last 20 years......during wartime?

Where do we stand after Bush's trillion dollar tax cuts?

Time will tell, I ain't exactly worried about!

We are back to deficit spending, a recession looms and the national debt is through the roof.

I hear plenty of bitching right now.

As for your war theorizing, well, that's another chestnut from the same people that took us into the single worst foreign Policy blunder in history, i.e., Iraq.  No functional ties to Al Qaeda and no WMDs while OB Laden is in another country.

Might want to Clinton's intellegence (George Tennent) about that one, the only mistake Bush made with that he let him stay. There were and I believe there still are WMD's in Iraq. You cannot sit there and tell me they never had WMD's......Bush gave him 17 resolutions and 2 years to comply, tried to appease those those dickheads at the UN (what a farce organization that is), that gave Huissane PLENTY of time to get what ever he had out of there and more than likely to Syria.

You're full of overpowering evidence today.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #27 on: March 19, 2008, 10:04:25 AM »
This is a major issue bro...major...u might not like it and find it distasteful..but its a major issue. He could have killed it months ago. Obama did not want to give that speech. I believe a well crafted news release and maybe a short interview would have done the job for him last year. [size=14t]He's dealing with this while Mccain is out collecting cash and touring the world. Even Hil is talking issues while he's been distracted.[/size] I understand ur point, but it goes back to who and what makes news. This is news and he should have recognized that, even if its not a "real issue".

Warhorse.....allowing things like this to bite u in the ass, show that again he's just not ready.

I guess the ISSUE is the ISSUE.

Keep Obama in response mode and it keeps him from talking about the REAL issues which, as you pointed out, is what the two other candidates are actually doing.

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: March 19, 2008, 10:14:57 AM »
Are you referring to Clinton's dot com boom, then the economy start to go into the shitter 1 1/2 years before his term expired? Or when Bush had the biggest economic turn around in the last 20 years......during wartime?
I don't think Clinton's tax hikes caused the boom but the tax increase sure did help in eliminating the deficit and reducing the debt.

Yes, Bush did have the biggest economic turnaround in 7 years.  He managed to take the Clinton surplus and turn it into debt....doubling the national debt.

If you would like, we can start another thread to cover the Bush economic successes. 

That'll be a mighty short thread.

Might want to Clinton's intellegence (George Tennent) about that one, the only mistake Bush made with that he let him stay. There were and I believe there still are WMD's in Iraq. You cannot sit there and tell me they never had WMD's......Bush gave him 17 resolutions and 2 years to comply, tried to appease those those dickheads at the UN (what a farce organization that is), that gave Huissane PLENTY of time to get what ever he had out of there and more than likely to Syria.
Who cares about George Tenet?  Besides you.

Of course Iraq had WMDs, the US and UK sold them to him.  Weapons Inspector Hans Blix, a world class scientist, found no stockpiles of WMDs in Iraq during inspections.

And you, you are left with your unsupported wishlist again--Hussein moved them to Syria...did it ever occur to you that the movement of WMDs out of Iraq cannot be concealed from WMD inspections or satellite imaging?  That's the case though.

War-Horse

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: March 19, 2008, 10:23:52 AM »
I think Coach has an implanted device that limits his intelligence, gotta be the case.. :-\

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #30 on: March 19, 2008, 10:25:27 AM »
Quick action..ur joking right. This crap has been out there for 17 months. He should have distanced himself before the voters got a shot at him. He let its linger all last week. He was pretty much forced into making a speech he definitly did not want to make.

True.  If the media didn't sniff this out this guy would still be Obama's advisor.  Probably still is. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #31 on: March 19, 2008, 10:37:26 AM »
Dammit Rob, your inaccuracies (lies) are getting monotonous.......find a post where I said that........don't ask anything until you find a post where I said that.

Again, like the lib media, you post one line of something and think it's the complete story.

Okay.  Prove me wrong.

What actions of the Bush administration do you believe should be investigated, joe?

War-Horse

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: March 19, 2008, 10:39:09 AM »
Okay.  Prove me wrong.

What actions of the Bush administration do you believe should be investigated, joe?

Thats direct enough.  Lets see if he mans up...

The Coach

« Reply #33 on: March 19, 2008, 10:51:50 AM »
Okay.  Prove me wrong.

Rob, what part of my post did you miss?

don't ask anything until you find a post where I said that.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: March 19, 2008, 10:56:19 AM »
Rob, what part of my post did you miss?

don't ask anything until you find a post where I said that.

LOL
I remember you posting there should be in investigation into the outcome of one of the IFBB shows.

I also remember you vehemently hating on every single mention of investigations into Bush, wmd, or 911.

So let's make this easy:

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #35 on: March 19, 2008, 11:05:39 AM »
LOL
I remember you posting there should be in investigation into the outcome of one of the IFBB shows.

I also remember you vehemently hating on every single mention of investigations into Bush, wmd, or 911.

So let's make this easy:

He won't know until Rush tells him

The Coach

« Reply #36 on: March 19, 2008, 11:06:51 AM »
LOL

So let's make this easy:

Show me a post. Bodybuilding not included, I've said alot about that and stand by almost every word.

The Coach

« Reply #37 on: March 19, 2008, 11:07:37 AM »

He won't know until Rush tells him

Libs backing libs ::)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: March 19, 2008, 11:09:29 AM »
Show me a post. Bodybuilding not included, I've said alot about that and stand by almost every word.

Show you a post where you said the results of an IFBB show should be investigated?
Or show you a post where you've crapped on a Bush investigation?

No offense, but I think anyone who's been here 5 minutes have seen you post both very passionately.  You've very much in favor of investigating results of IFBB shows, you've made that abundantly clear.  You cal call me a liar there, and I'll dig thru your 11,000 posts if you'd like.

And you've repeatedly mocked each and every post about investigating bush or the white house for anything.

So I will happily apologize if you'll tell us 1 thing the white house should be investigated for.

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: March 19, 2008, 11:09:58 AM »
I believe Rush claims to be a conservative.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: March 19, 2008, 11:10:10 AM »

Lib?

I've voted Repub my whole life.  have you?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: March 19, 2008, 11:11:05 AM »
I believe Rush claims to be a conservative.

Rush was claling Mccain a lib until 2 months ago.  Spent a year talking about how Mccain wasn't a true conservative.

Joe, I see you're campaigning for mccain, labeled by Rush as a lib.

So it Rush WRONG, or do you once again support a liberal getting into the white house? ;)

War-Horse

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: March 19, 2008, 11:21:04 AM »

Good lord, the lizards got you by the nuts.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #43 on: March 19, 2008, 11:26:54 AM »

Good lord, the lizards got you by the nuts.

yep, another checkmate from grandmaster Joe Loco