Author Topic: Cheney Says 'So?'  (Read 2777 times)

OneBigMan

Re: Cheney Says 'So?'
« Reply #25 on: March 20, 2008, 02:00:28 PM »
Name calling that is coming from a black person, yeah that's good in a make believe street sophisticated type of way.

OneBigMan

« Reply #26 on: March 20, 2008, 02:08:59 PM »
you can repeat it all you want but I'm saying that the average person (certainly Joe six pack) in December 2000 did not expect the Bush Administration to be waging a 6 year war in Iraq.

Even Rummy and McCain are on record saying this thing would be a cake walk and basically suggesting we'd wrap it up in a few weeks/months and spend the summer 2003 having victory parades.

Cheney should have just told that reporter to fuck off and basically that's what he did without actually saying it. 

BTW - all my patriotic friends think Cheney is a criminal.

I understand what you mean about your friends. My point is you should be able to understand Cheney when he said that he doesn't believe in being influenced by the fluctuations of what is popular in the opinion polls that come from the media.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #27 on: March 20, 2008, 02:41:21 PM »
I understand what you mean about your friends. My point is you should be able to understand Cheney when he said that he doesn't believe in being influenced by the fluctuations of what is popular in the opinion polls that come from the media.

I understand his point and I can even agree with in theory, although not in this particular case.

The way he responds just show complete and utter contempt for the American people.

He could have conveyed the same message by skipping the dickish "So?" and starting by acknowledging peoples frustastrations before going on to explain his position.

Instead he just comes off sounding like a DICK

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: March 20, 2008, 02:56:47 PM »
so?

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #29 on: March 20, 2008, 03:09:17 PM »
On the fifth anniversary of the Iraq invasion, ABC’s Good Morning America aired an interview with Vice President Cheney on the war. During the segment, Cheney flatly told White House correspondent Martha Raddatz that he doesn’t care about the American public’s views on the war:

CHENEY: On the security front, I think there’s a general consensus that we’ve made major progress, that the surge has worked. That’s been a major success.

RADDATZ: Two-third of Americans say it’s not worth fighting.

CHENEY: So?

RADDATZ So? You don’t care what the American people think?

CHENEY: No. I think you cannot be blown off course by the fluctuations in the public opinion polls.

---

And that, middle-class (and wannabe upper-class) White folks, is what I've been telling you all along - that Bush/Cheney could really care less about you, your children, or this country...and there's nothing you can do about it because you've given them a blank check with YOUR MONEY to do whatever they want with. 

he had a point in what he said, but when he answered "so" it was a glimpse of his arrogance and loathing for any that question him.

War-Horse

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: March 20, 2008, 03:38:59 PM »
Straw is right.    Cheney could have used it to build a bridge with americans.

Instead he "Fvck you and Ill do whatever i want"........brilliant.

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
  • KILL CENTRAL BANKS, BUY BITCOIN.
« Reply #31 on: March 20, 2008, 05:56:52 PM »
On the fifth anniversary of the Iraq invasion, ABC’s Good Morning America aired an interview with Vice President Cheney on the war. During the segment, Cheney flatly told White House correspondent Martha Raddatz that he doesn’t care about the American public’s views on the war:

CHENEY: On the security front, I think there’s a general consensus that we’ve made major progress, that the surge has worked. That’s been a major success.

RADDATZ: Two-third of Americans say it’s not worth fighting.

CHENEY: So?

RADDATZ So? You don’t care what the American people think?

CHENEY: No. I think you cannot be blown off course by the fluctuations in the public opinion polls.

---

And that, middle-class (and wannabe upper-class) White folks, is what I've been telling you all along - that Bush/Cheney could really care less about you, your children, or this country...and there's nothing you can do about it because you've given them a blank check with YOUR MONEY to do whatever they want with. 

::) ::) ::)

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
« Reply #32 on: March 20, 2008, 06:47:55 PM »
Even if there is some truth in not making policies based on opinion polls, he comes across as arrogant and uncaring.  Thats why we don't see him interviewed much IMO.
He isn't delusional but has chosen a poor course in Iraq and instead of admitting error, he sticks with it like flies on shit.

That's because Iraq was always about getting a sweetheart deal - that is, free protection at U.S. taxpayer expense - for Halliburton. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #33 on: March 20, 2008, 07:39:57 PM »
he had a point in what he said, but when he answered "so" it was a glimpse of his arrogance and loathing for any that question him.

Yeah.  He could work on his delivery, but I doubt he can change his spots at this stage in his life.  He is who he is. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #34 on: March 24, 2008, 08:50:43 PM »
Yeah.  He could work on his delivery, but I doubt he can change his spots at this stage in his life.  He is who he is. 

::)

::)
[move][move] ::)[/move][/move]