Author Topic: B&A International Classic - not NPC approved  (Read 56947 times)

Melvin Goodrum

• Getbig III
B&A International Classic - not NPC approved
« on: March 21, 2008, 06:52:54 AM »
Just passing along this message.  She says that any "competitor" who competes at this event will most likely not be blackballed from "competition" since no-one cares much about the show and the fact that they are charging a whooping 249.99 to every competitior just to compete however the show who be attended by an "official" who will be obtaining the names of all the competitors in the event for clerical purposes.

Don't know what this means but seeing as how I'll never grace an IFBB stage, I may just do the event...... ;D

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Re: Message from "A Friend" about the B&A Bodybuilding Classic
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2008, 06:59:17 AM »
IMO, if the IFBB is willing to make the "Don't compete in this show" the top news item on their PRO home page, chances are the NPC means business on this one.

I wouldn't do it if I was an NPC competitor.

timfogarty

• Getbig V
  • @fogartyTim on twitter
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2008, 07:01:07 AM »
Just passing along this message.  She says that any "competitor" who competes at this event will most likely not be blackballed from "competition" since no-one cares much about the show and the fact that they are charging a whooping 249.99 to every competitior just to compete however the show who be attended by an "official" who will be obtaining the names of all the competitors in the event for clerical purposes.

that would be in violation of a 1982 court order that is still in effect against Jim Manion and the NPC.

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2008, 07:02:57 AM »
I may just do the event...... ;D

What in the capacity of a janitor?

Stop making an ass of yourself, you fuckwit

Melvin Goodrum

• Getbig III
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2008, 07:06:33 AM »
What in the capacity of a janitor?

Stop making an ass of yourself, you fuckwit

No think about it, charging that much money would problably wittle down the competition to about 5 people.

Then I could do the same thing Mahooney did in Police Academy and give the competitors directions to the Blue Oyster where they will be treating to dancing.... ;D

With that they would have no choice but to award me the Overall Title

Melvin Goodrum - 2008 B&A International Classic Champion.

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2008, 07:09:21 AM »

No think about it, charging that much money would problably wittle down the competition to about 5 people.

Then I could do the same thing Mahooney did in Police Academy and give the competitors directions to the Blue Oyster where they will be treating to dancing.... ;D

No offense, but with the way you look, even if you were the sole entrant, I doubt if they'd let you place higher than 17th ;D

Melvin Goodrum

• Getbig III
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2008, 07:11:54 AM »
No offense, but with the way you look, even if you were the sole entrant, I doubt if they'd let you place higher than 17th ;D

You've not seen the 2008 model.  But you will get a preview next month..... ;D

Smokincrazy

• Getbig IV
  • owned,meltdown,epic......
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2008, 07:12:44 AM »

You would get to the Blue Oyster with Queen Vissy and suck everyone off.  Your the only asshole that would pay $250 to enter a show and still have no chance of winning anything.  They would just say thanks for contibuting to the prize money.
Melvin you just make more problems for yourself.  You have ZERO chance of ever winning any overall title no matter what version of you comes out.  Just stick to being an internet goof-off

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?
« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2008, 07:18:31 AM »

Thanks. I'll try not to hold my breath 8)

nder98

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Getlaid!
« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2008, 07:31:25 AM »

Hopefully youll have at least one ab this time?????

Smokincrazy

• Getbig IV
  • owned,meltdown,epic......
« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2008, 07:40:03 AM »
I gotta say I still liked the 03-05 version. 

1. He had the saggy man boobs
2. Less sweep than a whisk broom
3. Zero ab definiton
4. Sloped monkey shoulders
5. A back that tapered like a turnip

nder98

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Getlaid!
« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2008, 08:22:52 AM »
I gotta say I still liked the 03-05 version. 

1. He had the saggy man boobs
2. Less sweep than a whisk broom
3. Zero ab definiton
4. Sloped monkey shoulders
5. A back that tapered like a turnip

"4. Sloped monkey shoulders"  LMAO!!!

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
  • sometimes you get the elevator, somtimes the shaft
« Reply #12 on: March 21, 2008, 08:35:47 AM »
that would be in violation of a 1982 court order that is still in effect against Jim Manion and the NPC.

No it wouldn't...The ruling states that the NPC cannot prohibit the AMATEUR athletes from competing in other AMATEUR organizations.

This B&A show is clearly a PROFESSIONAL event which would put the athletes amateur status in jeopardy with the NPC

HowieW

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #13 on: March 21, 2008, 09:48:15 AM »

Go ahead and do it Melvin. I am thinking about going out to Vegas for the USA, if you do compete in the Band A event you can be sure I will be there. If you win the event with your Blue Oyster plan, you can brag and then own the whole get big board forever :D
Kelly Ryan married well!  Free Titus!

Melvin Goodrum

• Getbig III
« Reply #14 on: March 21, 2008, 10:29:03 AM »
Go ahead and do it Melvin. I am thinking about going out to Vegas for the USA, if you do compete in the Band A event you can be sure I will be there. If you win the event with your Blue Oyster plan, you can brag and then own the whole get big board forever :D

I was joking bro.  I wouldn't waste my time or money on this event. 

HowieW

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #15 on: March 21, 2008, 10:34:52 AM »

I was joking bro.  I wouldn't waste my time or money on this event. 
Maybe you can guest pose?
Kelly Ryan married well!  Free Titus!

timfogarty

• Getbig V
  • @fogartyTim on twitter
« Reply #16 on: March 21, 2008, 11:13:24 AM »
No it wouldn't...The ruling states that the NPC cannot prohibit the AMATEUR athletes from competing in other AMATEUR organizations.

This B&A show is clearly a PROFESSIONAL event which would put the athletes amateur status in jeopardy with the NPC

it is not clearly a professional event.   there are no pro contracts.   if winning prize money is what makes you a professional, then most IFBB pros are not professional.    but people in the WNBF and Musclemania have won prize money while also competing as an amateur in the NPC.

The following people have all competed as a pro in another organization, and then competed in the NPC

Stan McQuay, Mark Alvisi, Mike D'Angelo, Tito Raymond, Richard (Tricky) Jackson, Shiloe Steinmetz, Ken Yasuda, Jason Powell, Nigel Ifill, Rico Elbaz, Charles Anderson, Wil Usher, Philip Ricardo, Brian Glynn, Dave Goodin, Dietrich Horsey, Chris Thomas, Greg Pringle, Tyrone Wright,

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #17 on: March 21, 2008, 11:25:04 AM »

If you did that you would still take last place even if no one showed up.  The ONLY way you will ever come close to winning a show is if the judge is Queen Vissy.  And even then you better hope DA doesn't show up cause you know how much Vissy loves his cock

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #18 on: March 21, 2008, 11:28:50 AM »
it is not clearly a professional event.   there are no pro contracts.   if winning prize money is what makes you a professional, then most IFBB pros are not professional.    but people in the WNBF and Musclemania have won prize money while also competing as an amateur in the NPC.

The following people have all competed as a pro in another organization, and then competed in the NPC

Stan McQuay, Mark Alvisi, Mike D'Angelo, Tito Raymond, Richard (Tricky) Jackson, Shiloe Steinmetz, Ken Yasuda, Jason Powell, Nigel Ifill, Rico Elbaz, Charles Anderson, Wil Usher, Philip Ricardo, Brian Glynn, Dave Goodin, Dietrich Horsey, Chris Thomas

They a $18,000 motorcycle away as a prize in a BB show in Hawaii along with other prizes.  All those people still competed in the NPC too

nycbull

• Getbig V
  • Team Jay Should Have Won
« Reply #19 on: March 21, 2008, 01:35:12 PM »

Stan McQuay, Mark Alvisi, Mike D'Angelo, Tito Raymond, Richard (Tricky) Jackson, Shiloe Steinmetz, Ken Yasuda, Jason Powell, Nigel Ifill, Rico Elbaz, Charles Anderson, Wil Usher, Philip Ricardo, Brian Glynn, Dave Goodin, Dietrich Horsey, Chris Thomas, Greg Pringle, Tyrone Wright,

amazing work and with hyper links!

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #20 on: March 21, 2008, 01:39:00 PM »
"4. Sloped monkey shoulders"  LMAO!!!

Actually he has been working on those

War-Horse

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: March 21, 2008, 01:40:04 PM »

Hell ya Tim.   Keep those muddafckers in line!!!       Damn communist weider, npc shit....

Matt C

• Getbig V
  • The White Vince Goodrum
« Reply #22 on: March 21, 2008, 01:49:46 PM »
You'd be amazed at what would go on if people as proactive as Tim weren't around.

Seriously, I know someone who was convicted in the lower level courts for marijuana dust in a tin during the time in which under one ounce of marijuana was not even a criminal offense.  Judges (although more the police) routinely do illegal things hoping no one will call them on it.  Sometimes cases need to go to the supreme court before they get overturned.  Take for example Larry Flynt and all of his first amendment fights.  None of his issues should ever even have made it into court to begin with, let alone need to be fought at the highest levels.

If Tim had not brought this up in this thread, who knows what would have become of this situation.
Bodybuilding Pro.com

sgt. d

• Getbig V
  • Don't tase me bro
« Reply #23 on: March 21, 2008, 01:54:32 PM »
tim is a very active guy

timfogarty

• Getbig V
  • @fogartyTim on twitter
« Reply #24 on: March 21, 2008, 02:09:30 PM »
tim is a very active guy

would this be a good time to remind people that there is a donation button at musclememory.com, and that a few years ago hosting all my websites at an ISP in the UK seemed like a good idea.   at today's exchange rate, not so much.