Author Topic: B&A International Classic - not NPC approved  (Read 57447 times)

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
Re: Message from "A Friend" about the B&A Bodybuilding Classic
« Reply #100 on: March 22, 2008, 10:36:51 PM »
On a serious note I would like to know why the NPC allows some pros to compete in the NPC and suspends others. I am not expecting Bob to answer this, but I really am curious.

Will also add this, to be fair to Bob one can't expect him to have all the answers to these questions, all these issues have been around long before Bob became the athletes rep.

PANDAEMONIUM

• Getbig V
  • Scourge of the Northern Gods
« Reply #101 on: March 22, 2008, 10:37:57 PM »
On a serious not I would like to know why the NPC allows some pros to compete in the NPC and suspends others. I am not expecting Bob to answer this, but I really am curious.

Hey J, check out the "jediknight" exposed thread here on the G&O..."he" is exposed for the bottom twink "he" is ;D

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #102 on: March 22, 2008, 10:43:12 PM »
Hey J, check out the "jediknight" exposed thread here on the G&O..."he" is exposed for the bottom twink "he" is ;D

He won't recover.  ;D

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #103 on: March 22, 2008, 10:46:31 PM »
What the fuck is a "queen vissy"  ???

He is also known as the "East Coast Jediknight"

timfogarty

• Getbig V
  • @fogartyTim on twitter
« Reply #104 on: March 22, 2008, 11:01:22 PM »
On a serious note I would like to know why the NPC allows some pros to compete in the NPC and suspends others. I am not expecting Bob to answer this, but I really am curious.

No evidence has yet been presented that anyone has been suspended or otherwise not allowed to compete in the NPC for being a 'pro'.

In fact, I bet there's one or two IFBB pros who later competed in an NPC Masters or Grand Masters contest.

ok, a bit obscure, but Henry Caulker competed as an IFBB Pro in 1979-1981, then 20 years later as an amateur in the Grand Masters class at the NPC Emerald Cup in 2002 and 2004.

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
  • sometimes you get the elevator, somtimes the shaft
« Reply #105 on: March 22, 2008, 11:02:57 PM »
No evidence has yet been presented that anyone has been suspended or otherwise not allowed to compete in the NPC for being a 'pro'.

In fact, I bet there's one or two IFBB pros who later competed in an NPC Masters or Grand Masters contest.

Really?  Current pro's?

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #106 on: March 22, 2008, 11:07:14 PM »
Just to clarify, the pros that I am referring to are from a natural org. They have repeatedly jumped back and forth to the NPC for years and the NPC knows for sure about them being pros in another org. They have never been suspended or even warned.

timfogarty

• Getbig V
  • @fogartyTim on twitter
« Reply #107 on: March 22, 2008, 11:08:23 PM »
Really?  Current pro's?

wait, by your definition, a pro is someone who has received prizes or money.  If you want to change your definition to someone who has an active pro contract, then no one in this B&A contest would be considered a pro.

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #108 on: March 22, 2008, 11:11:19 PM »
wait, by your definition, a pro is someone who has received prizes or money.  If you want to change your definition to someone who has an active pro contract, then no one in this B&A contest would be considered a pro.

COMPETING for prize money is what generally considers one a "pro"...

timfogarty

• Getbig V
  • @fogartyTim on twitter
« Reply #109 on: March 22, 2008, 11:17:21 PM »
COMPETING for prize money is what generally considers one a "pro"...

your question was "Really?  Current pro's?"   what difference is there that they are a 'current pro' or competed as an IFBB pro 10, 20, 30 years ago?

either the NPC doesn't allow people who have competed in contests that give prizes to enter their contests or they do.   We've given lots of evidence that they do allow Musclemania pros, WNBF pros, NGA pros, even former IFBB pros to compete.  It has also been pointed out that an NPC sanctioned contest has given out prizes.    You have yet to provide the name of anyone who has not been allowed to compete in an NPC contest for 'being a pro'.

PANDAEMONIUM

• Getbig V
« Reply #110 on: March 22, 2008, 11:33:43 PM »
He is also known as the "East Coast Jediknight"

hahahahahaha ;D

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #111 on: March 22, 2008, 11:34:20 PM »
your question was "Really?  Current pro's?"   what difference is there that they are a 'current pro' or competed as an IFBB pro 10, 20, 30 years ago?

either the NPC doesn't allow people who have competed in contests that give prizes to enter their contests or they do.   We've given lots of evidence that they do allow Musclemania pros, WNBF pros, NGA pros, even former IFBB pros to compete.  It has also been pointed out that an NPC sanctioned contest has given out prizes.    You have yet to provide the name of anyone who has not been allowed to compete in an NPC contest for 'being a pro'.

There's a big difference....if you're a current pro, there's obviously no way you can compete in a NPC show.....if you're a former pro, there is nothing stopping you from returning to competition as an amateur, assuming you've given up your pro status for a time (not exactly sure how long that is)

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #112 on: March 22, 2008, 11:37:07 PM »
There's a big difference....if you're a current pro, there's obviously no way you can compete in a NPC show.....if you're a former pro, there is nothing stopping you from returning to competition as an amateur, assuming you've given up your pro status for a time (not exactly sure how long that is)
I'm just going to throw this out there.......are you saying that since Milos no longer has his pro card, he can compete as an amateur?
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #113 on: March 22, 2008, 11:40:18 PM »
I'm just going to throw this out there.......are you saying that since Milos no longer has his pro card, he can compete as an amateur?

I believe that is possible...don't know all the detail, but once you're out of the federation..you're basically a free agent.

Meltdown

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #114 on: March 22, 2008, 11:41:28 PM »
With the problems milos has with weak knees I doubt he could win any show. ::)

PANDAEMONIUM

• Getbig V
« Reply #115 on: March 22, 2008, 11:41:33 PM »
Yo Bob, check out the BRUTAL ownage of getbig's newest bottom sissy "jediknight"  You won't see shit like this again in your lifetime :D

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #116 on: March 22, 2008, 11:45:59 PM »
All these issues about how much money can be given out and still be considered a pro and how long you have to give up a pro card to be considered an amateur again are not laws they are NPC and IFBB rules and would never hold up in a court as far as being allowed to compete in the NPC. We can all disagree till the cows come home, but I think we all may be missing the big picture. The people who end up competing in this Vegas show will be the ones who don't give a rats ass about the NPC and their rules and obviously so since they are competing in the show.

Also, I am sure that there will be some people in this show who have never been a member of the NPC so the NPC would have no legit reason to repremand and or ban them.

timfogarty

• Getbig V
  • @fogartyTim on twitter
« Reply #117 on: March 23, 2008, 12:12:38 AM »
there is nothing stopping you from returning to competition as an amateur, assuming you've given up your pro status for a time (not exactly sure how long that is)

based on the experiences of Stan McQuay, Mark Alvisi, Mike D'Angelo, Tito Raymond, Richard (Tricky) Jackson, Shiloe Steinmetz, and others, my guess is a week or two.

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #118 on: March 23, 2008, 12:17:10 AM »
We can all disagree till the cows come home, but I think we all may be missing the big picture.

This just in.  ;D

Meltdown

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #119 on: March 23, 2008, 12:22:41 AM »
IFBB Pro Neil Gardner stopped competing Pro and a few mths later competed in a amateur comp.Rules are only for some people.Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Time-Out in Dubai, India with Swampi the Cocksmith
« Reply #120 on: March 23, 2008, 12:40:36 AM »
The NPC is already under a court order prohibiting anti-competitive activities.  If they try to suspend someone for competing in this show, I hope they don't have Bob pleading their case for them when their asses get hauled back into court.  ;D
Ron: "I am lazy."

PANDAEMONIUM

• Getbig V
« Reply #121 on: March 23, 2008, 12:41:31 AM »
"jediknight" aka "Jay the Jedi"

:-\

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #122 on: March 23, 2008, 12:53:23 AM »
All these issues about how much money can be given out and still be considered a pro and how long you have to give up a pro card to be considered an amateur again are not laws they are NPC and IFBB rules and would never hold up in a court as far as being allowed to compete in the NPC. We can all disagree till the cows come home, but I think we all may be missing the big picture. The people who end up competing in this Vegas show will be the ones who don't give a rats ass about the NPC and their rules and obviously so since they are competing in the show.

Also, I am sure that there will be some people in this show who have never been a member of the NPC so the NPC would have no legit reason to repremand and or ban them.

That is true.  If someone competes that is not or ever has been a member of the NPC, the NPC can't do anything to them nor can they refuse them entering a NPC contest at a later date.  Now that would be a HUGE court issue that the NPC would have no leg to stand on.

Also, did I read somewhere that the NPC will have someone at this show to write down competitors names or whatever that enter the show.  I highly doubt the promoters will allow that to happen.  Whoever it is doing that should be kicked out of the area immediately.  Also, I find it interesting that the most popular BB in history and the Governor of California is endorsing and supporting this event yet the IFBB and NPC is not.  SO much for the IFBB and NPC wanting to support BB and its future.  I really hope this show kicks ass cause I guarantee that there will be a lot of NPC guys coming to compete in this show as it matures. 

timfogarty

• Getbig V
  • @fogartyTim on twitter
« Reply #123 on: March 23, 2008, 01:02:47 AM »
"jediknight" aka "Jay the Jedi"

stick to your own threads

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #124 on: March 23, 2008, 02:52:51 AM »
Joe and Ben battled long and hard for bodybuilders. Then when they succeeded they do the same as what others did to them in the past. Humans are so self-serving it is rather sad but so predictable.

Look at Bob. A stooge who stoops so he can pay his mortgage. There should be a rule about people using the IFBB like that.