Author Topic: B&A International Classic - not NPC approved  (Read 57449 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Re: Message from "A Friend" about the B&A Bodybuilding Classic
« Reply #75 on: March 22, 2008, 05:57:46 AM »
the funny thing is look how much publicity B&A got by IFBB's letter.   No one here knew about it before the IFBB said 'if you enter it, you'll get banned from the NPC'.

These guys really needs to take a course in Internet 101.

;)

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?
« Reply #76 on: March 22, 2008, 06:35:36 AM »
What the fuck is a "queen vissy"  ???

Something that's gayer than staying indoors on a Saturday night to post in Getbig ;D

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #77 on: March 22, 2008, 07:13:18 AM »
Mel,

Rhino Jack asked me to ask you to ask "A Friend" to stop with the third party faggotryness already.

War-Horse

• Getbig V
« Reply #78 on: March 22, 2008, 07:32:03 AM »
Lets search for more info on this promoter and its shows and spread the word!!!   Spam the boards for "freedom for athletes"   I declare a MUTINY on the ship!!!! :o

Someone finally had the balls and the money to stand up to.....Communistic wieder practices!!!

Zach Trowbridge

• Getbig IV
« Reply #79 on: March 22, 2008, 07:40:35 AM »
Yes, it was a ridiculous example, but only to prove the point using an extreme.

Now, to your other contention that the athletes "agree to it".

Just because the Pros sign an IFBB contract, whether they are being forced to compete or not (your words), does not mean it is legal.

Chick the IFBB can not engage in antitrust tactics to limit their competition, such as non compete clauses. And just because the IFBB puts that non compete clause in their contract does not mean it carries the weight of law-and it in fact does not.

Let me give you another example, one that is very common and happens all the time in contract law.

Suppose the IFBB puts a clause in their contract that if any lawsuits were to arise out of the contract, such as a dispute like Lee Priest's,  where Lee was suspended for doing the PDI show, and the IFBB contract stated if they won the lawsuit the Pro would be liable for ALL IFBB legal fees including lawyer fees. BUT, the contract went on to state that if the Pro were to win the lawsuit that the IFBB was did not have to pay the Pro's legal fees, including lawyer fees. Now Chick, this type of clause is included in contracts all the time,  but the question is would that clause be upheld????

OK Chick, tell me, is that legal for the IFBB to do-just because they put it in and the Pro agreed, and signed the contract????

Good point.  People put shit in contracts all the time just to scare the party who signs it.  But it doesn't mean it'll hold up anywhere - federal law supercedes anything stated in a contract.  The party who wrote the contract just hopes that it will never make it that far.

War-Horse

• Getbig V
« Reply #80 on: March 22, 2008, 08:13:59 AM »
Also.  I know chick likes to say its no different than the NFL being exclusive for its athletes.

Heres the difference.   NFL offers an actual living wage for even 2-3rd string who never see the field.       For $200,000 or $300,000 a year you have some pull.

But in the IFBB or NPC these guys are offered MAYBE a chance to be in the mags and endorse shitty products that they dont use.   So nothing is definite.

A valid contract, to be legal has to have whats called "Consideration"  which means each party offers something of value.   In NFL they offer huge money in return for the athletes skill.

In bodybuilding the athlete offers his health, time, money for MAYBE a contract for pittance pay.

Now look at the number of BB's who are recieving a contract pay from weider....Out of say a 100 only a few are on the rolls...and yet they are demanded to pay yearly dues and will never see prize money.....

This doesnt even begin to excuse the NPC from trying to blackball top amateur BB,s because they recieve NOTHING.......I repeat NOTHING from the NPC as regards a pay or considerastion.  It is a federation that demands yearly payments from the athletes just for the chance to turn pro in a federation that also demands yearly payments with no promise of value....

One sided contracts will NOT hold up in court of law.

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
  • sometimes you get the elevator, somtimes the shaft
« Reply #81 on: March 22, 2008, 10:13:50 AM »
Also.  I know chick likes to say its no different than the NFL being exclusive for its athletes.

Heres the difference.   NFL offers an actual living wage for even 2-3rd string who never see the field.       For $200,000 or $300,000 a year you have some pull.

But in the IFBB or NPC these guys are offered MAYBE a chance to be in the mags and endorse shitty products that they dont use.   So nothing is definite.

A valid contract, to be legal has to have whats called "Consideration"  which means each party offers something of value.   In NFL they offer huge money in return for the athletes skill.

In bodybuilding the athlete offers his health, time, money for MAYBE a contract for pittance pay.

Now look at the number of BB's who are recieving a contract pay from weider....Out of say a 100 only a few are on the rolls...and yet they are demanded to pay yearly dues and will never see prize money.....

This doesnt even begin to excuse the NPC from trying to blackball top amateur BB,s because they recieve NOTHING.......I repeat NOTHING from the NPC as regards a pay or considerastion.  It is a federation that demands yearly payments from the athletes just for the chance to turn pro in a federation that also demands yearly payments with no promise of value....

One sided contracts will NOT hold up in court of law.

You couldn't be more wrong..."one sided" contracts are signed and agreed to by the person agreeing to the terms. If I have someone sign a contract which says they'll pay me 200% interest on a $1,000 loan...it may be one sided, but it would hold up 100% in court.  What you would have to have is a contract that is unconstitutional, or against the law, or uninforceable....

The NPC has never "blackballed" anyone from competing in other amateur federations....ever. There have been cases of athletes being suspended for a time, because they were deemed to be "pro" by their competing in some other fed as a "pro"...and had to wait to compete...

Stavios

« Reply #82 on: March 22, 2008, 10:39:42 AM »

Message from "A Friend" about the B&A Bodybuilding Classic

Bullshit

We all know you have no friends

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #83 on: March 22, 2008, 10:58:08 AM »
The problem is when someone like these two people put on a BB show that looks to be awesome for BB and the competitors the IFBB gets all worried and starts to pull their power-trip shit.  The event isn't sanctioned and anyone can enter with NO bias or discrimination.  That is something the IFBB has never practiced or understood.  This event puts it right up there with the Olympia and the Arnold in terms of prizes.  And like someone else said, not many knew anything of this event until the IFBB unknowingly decided to help promote it.  good for the show.  I hope a whole ton of NPC guys enter. 

Melvin Goodrum

• Getbig III
« Reply #84 on: March 22, 2008, 11:09:43 AM »
The problem is when someone like these two people put on a BB show that looks to be awesome for BB and the competitors the IFBB gets all worried and starts to pull their power-trip shit.  The event isn't sanctioned and anyone can enter with NO bias or discrimination.  That is something the IFBB has never practiced or understood.  This event puts it right up there with the Olympia and the Arnold in terms of prizes.  And like someone else said, not many knew anything of this event until the IFBB unknowingly decided to help promote it.  good for the show.  I hope a whole ton of NPC guys enter. 

Giving the same advice that you gave to those poor souls about not getting in trouble for competing at the PDI...... ::)

bodybuildermdpitt

• Getbig II
« Reply #85 on: March 22, 2008, 11:40:00 AM »
The IFBB is without a doubt one of the most least successful and one of the most poorly run organizations in all of sports. They openly violate there own code of ethics, and try to defend this hypocrisy with such bravado that one can not help but feel sorry for them (Just look at every post by Bob Chick). This non  competition BS is fair game in the business world, but has no place in athletics. If you are truly an athlete you should be able to compete whenever and however you make like. However, if the IFBB admits that its members are not athletes, but actually drug addicts (steroids, nubain, etc) and prostitutes, and then by all means "keep your pimp hand strong" and keep your "bitches in line." But just please let the real athletes competes, while you guys turn tricks on grapefruits and dance for the homosexual population. 

cheers,

bodybuildermdpitt

War-Horse

• Getbig V
« Reply #86 on: March 22, 2008, 11:43:58 AM »
You couldn't be more wrong..."one sided" contracts are signed and agreed to by the person agreeing to the terms. If I have someone sign a contract which says they'll pay me 200% interest on a $1,000 loan...it may be one sided, but it would hold up 100% in court.  What you would have to have is a contract that is unconstitutional, or against the law, or uninforceable....

The NPC has never "blackballed" anyone from competing in other amateur federations....ever. There have been cases of athletes being suspended for a time, because they were deemed to be "pro" by their competing in some other fed as a "pro"...and had to wait to compete...

Wrong.   In a court of law, a Lop-sided contract has no Adhesion....it will never win in court whether signed or not.  A simple protest is all it takes by the signer.

timfogarty

• Getbig V
  • @fogartyTim on twitter
« Reply #87 on: March 22, 2008, 11:45:32 AM »
There have been cases of athletes being suspended for a time, because they were deemed to be "pro" by their competing in some other fed as a "pro"...and had to wait to compete...

Names please.

Red Hook

• Getbig V
« Reply #88 on: March 22, 2008, 11:46:16 AM »
Something that's gayer than staying indoors on a Saturday night to post in Getbig ;D

:'(  been there done that  :'(
I

240 is Back

• Getbig V

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #90 on: March 22, 2008, 06:16:42 PM »
Seems that the IFBB is a stooge organization for stooges. Bob Stooge is appointed to smooth talk the dumbbells. Nothing could be more perfect. That a guy like Chick remains as athlete rep is epic irony of legendary proportions.

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #91 on: March 22, 2008, 09:24:51 PM »
Names please.

Sorry bro...you don't exactly meet the criteria of "on a need to know basis..."

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #92 on: March 22, 2008, 09:30:18 PM »

Actually  bad example.  200% is 100% illegal.  If I recall that is called racquetering(?sp.) which is not legal and would NEVER hold up in court.  You can make the contract for 1000% interest but don't expect the courts to uphold it at all.  Legally you can't charge more than the prime.  I may be wrong on that but it is something like that. 

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #93 on: March 22, 2008, 09:32:22 PM »

Giving the same advice that you gave to those poor souls about not getting in trouble for competing at the PDI...... ::)

Yea bad advice, they all made more money doing a few shows in the PDI than they would ever have made in the IFBB.  Bad choice. ::)

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #94 on: March 22, 2008, 09:35:17 PM »
Actually  bad example.  200% is 100% illegal.  If I recall that is called racquetering(?sp.) which is not legal and would NEVER hold up in court.  You can make the contract for 1000% interest but don't expect the courts to uphold it at all.  Legally you can't charge more than the prime.  I may be wrong on that but it is something like that. 

I think you get the idea, Keith.....

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #95 on: March 22, 2008, 09:35:56 PM »

Some would say Tim Fogarty is the only voice of accountability and fairness in an industry rampant with politics and selective enforcement.

Would you agree?

JohnnyVegas

« Reply #96 on: March 22, 2008, 09:40:20 PM »

Chick, go ahead and name a few names-you said they are out there-why not name the namesthen??? We all "need to know".....  ::)

My thinks you won't, because you are not on the level.

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #97 on: March 22, 2008, 09:45:04 PM »
Some would say Tim Fogarty is the only voice of accountability and fairness in an industry rampant with politics and selective enforcement.

Would you agree?

No...I wouldn't

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
« Reply #98 on: March 22, 2008, 10:28:00 PM »
IMO, if the IFBB is willing to make the "Don't compete in this show" the top news item on their PRO home page, chances are the NPC means business on this one.

I just went to the IFBB's website and didn't see any mention of this event. 

In fact, now that you mention it, I didn't see a link to the IFBB 'Pro League's' website either. 

Why is that?

http://ifbb.com/

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
« Reply #99 on: March 22, 2008, 10:34:50 PM »

I've never understood why the IFBB would seek to limit income opportunities for its members, but the more pressing question is why it would seek to limit AMBASSADORSHIP opportunities, especially at a time when bodybuilding (not just the IFBB, but all federations, fans, competitors, sponsors, etc.) needs all the positive PR it can get. 

Just trying inject a little common sense here...