Author Topic: Face Facts: McCain will be the next President of the United States  (Read 5496 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Re: Face Facts: McCain will be the next President of the United States
« Reply #25 on: March 25, 2008, 06:30:08 PM »
2006 was interesting though wasn't it. Mark Foley really spiced things up in those last days didn't he?  ;D

he was just a big soccer fan, that's all.

Wait, soccer *player* fan?  What's the big deal?

it's not like he had an affair with a willing woman of his own age.  Now THOSE are the folks we should impeach.

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Time-Out in Dubai, India with Swampi the Cocksmith
« Reply #26 on: March 26, 2008, 10:26:55 PM »
"I must say, I'm a little envious. If I were slightly younger and not employed here, I think it would be a fantastic experience to be on the front lines of helping this young democracy succeed.

It must be exciting for you ... in some ways romantic, in some ways, you know, confronting danger. You're really making history, and thanks."

-- President George W. Bush, March 13, 2008

"Only a fool or a fraud sentimentalizes the merciless reality of war."

-- Sen. John McCain, March 26, 2008

;D
Ron: "I am lazy."

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #27 on: March 27, 2008, 02:25:13 AM »
"I must say, I'm a little envious. If I were slightly younger and not employed here, I think it would be a fantastic experience to be on the front lines of helping this young democracy succeed.

It must be exciting for you ... in some ways romantic, in some ways, you know, confronting danger. You're really making history, and thanks."

-- President George W. Bush, March 13, 2008

"Only a fool or a fraud sentimentalizes the merciless reality of war."

-- Sen. John McCain, March 26, 2008

;D

I think Goatboy is starting to grow on me.  ;D
w

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #28 on: March 27, 2008, 04:22:30 AM »
I think Goatboy is starting to grow on me.  ;D

agreed.  wow.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: March 27, 2008, 05:03:31 AM »
Goatboy has always been like this.  It's been almost a year since I noted that he's as likely to say something I love as he is to say something I say WTF on.

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #30 on: March 27, 2008, 05:35:14 AM »
There is this guy who emigrated to the US years ago and got Naturalized there.  He said that he has never voted Republican and never will.  He has always voted Democrat, but he will not vote this time.  He strongly believes either Obama or Hillary will mess up the country even more, and he does not want that in his conscience. 

No matter what he believes or whether he is right or wrong, this is one example of one less vote for the Democrats.

All McCain has to do is sit back and watch Obama and Hillary destroy each other and thus give people like the guy above more reasons not to vote for either one of them.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: March 27, 2008, 05:46:37 AM »
There is this guy who emigrated to the US years ago and got Naturalized there.  He said that he has never voted Republican and never will.  He has always voted Democrat, but he will not vote this time.  He strongly believes either Obama or Hillary will mess up the country even more, and he does not want that in his conscience. 

No matter what he believes or whether he is right or wrong, this is one example of one less vote for the Democrats.

All McCain has to do is sit back and watch Obama and Hillary destroy each other and thus give people like the guy above more reasons not to vote for either one of them.
nice fiction... It'll be a republican best seller ::)

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #32 on: March 27, 2008, 06:07:31 AM »
nice fiction... It'll be a republican best seller ::)

What do you mean?

War-Horse

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: March 27, 2008, 09:54:12 AM »
What do you mean?

Alot of repugs are claiming independnts and dems are supporting mccain.   Also this story is spun on the hillary and obama camps..

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #34 on: March 27, 2008, 10:26:47 AM »

Alot of repugs are claiming independnts and dems are supporting mccain.   Also this story is spun on the hillary and obama camps..

Thanks War-Horse!  I don't know what the repugs are claiming or whether it's true or not.  I also don't know about stories being spun on the Hillary and Obama camps.  I just know what this guy told me, and he ain't supporting McCain.  He told me that he has never voted Republican and that he never will.  He just won't vote.  He likes Bill Clinton a lot and says Bill was a great president, but he does not like Hillary and won't vote for her. 

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: March 27, 2008, 10:53:39 AM »
This late in the game for the dems?

It might be different if it where 2 similar candidates, but here we have Hilary and Obama to very differently viewed candidates who have negated any possibility of them working together.

So then you get the preacher thing with Obama and then the Bosnia thing with Hilary..............   It's like McCain is sitting in a poker tourney and watching his competition eat themselves up...lol
I think McCain will win b/c he is a white man and his opponent is not.

I don't think the average american pays attention to the ongoing democratic race.  I think most of america is watching American Idol or American Gladiators.

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: March 27, 2008, 11:06:20 AM »

I think if anything Obama's race will help him, or at the very least be a wash.  Liberals of all races will vote for him just because he's black.  However, since these types would have voted democrat anyway, it changes nothing overall.  Most folks who wouldn't vote for someone because he's black wouldn't be voting democrat anyway.  The exception to this might be some of the blue-collar "union" types in the midwest who could have racist leanings and might consider voting for McCain since he's a moderate and a veteran.  Balancing this out, though, is Obama's appeal to blacks and young people who never voted before and who are registering and voting specifically to vote for Obama. 

In the end, I think he neither gains nor loses net votes in the general election because of his race.

In the Democratic primary, however, I think his race unquestionably helps him.

w8tlftr

• Getbig V
  • I ♥ ( o Y o )
« Reply #37 on: March 27, 2008, 11:20:34 AM »

I don't think the average american pays attention to the ongoing democratic race.  I think most of america is watching American Idol or American Gladiators.

Don't underestimate the power of liberal white man's guilt.

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: March 27, 2008, 11:39:20 AM »
Don't underestimate the power of liberal white man's guilt.

Again, those are the people who would have voted Democrat anyway.

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: March 27, 2008, 12:24:28 PM »

I think if anything Obama's race will help him, or at the very least be a wash.  Liberals of all races will vote for him just because he's black.  However, since these types would have voted democrat anyway, it changes nothing overall.  Most folks who wouldn't vote for someone because he's black wouldn't be voting democrat anyway.  The exception to this might be some of the blue-collar "union" types in the midwest who could have racist leanings and might consider voting for McCain since he's a moderate and a veteran.  Balancing this out, though, is Obama's appeal to blacks and young people who never voted before and who are registering and voting specifically to vote for Obama. 

In the end, I think he neither gains nor loses net votes in the general election because of his race.

In the Democratic primary, however, I think his race unquestionably helps him.
I think prejudice is much stronger than political correctness.

I don't see how Obama's racial profile helps him in the slightest.  The reason the democrats have been on the ropes since the 1960s is b/c the party lost the South.  LBJ admitted that.  Nixon, Reagan, and Bush have used the Southern Strategy to win.

If you think a black candidate has a chance of carrying the south then I disagree with you.

w8tlftr

• Getbig V
  • I ♥ ( o Y o )
« Reply #40 on: March 27, 2008, 12:25:15 PM »

Again, those are the people who would have voted Democrat anyway.

I don't know. I've seen it work on people who swing both ways (voting wise).

w8tlftr

• Getbig V
  • I ♥ ( o Y o )
« Reply #41 on: March 27, 2008, 12:27:39 PM »

I don't see how Obama's racial profile helps him in the slightest.  The reason the democrats have been on the ropes since the 1960s is b/c the party lost the South.  LBJ admitted that.  Nixon, Reagan, and Bush have used the Southern Strategy to win.

If you think a black candidate has a chance of carrying the south then I disagree with you.

I think the south will vote for a black conservative before they vote for a black liberal.

And certainly before they vote for a Jew.

Just my opinion.

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: March 27, 2008, 12:34:59 PM »

Again, I think in the general election (November), Obama's race on balance will neither help him nor hurt him.  The south goes to the GOP anyway, even if Obama were lilly white.   In truth, the demographics in our country have changed so much in the last 20 years that the "South" of today looks nothing like the south of 1970 or 1980.  Most of the ecomonic opportunities have been in the south and the west, and population has been flowing stedily out of the north, northeast, and many foreign nations into the Ameican south.  If anything, I think you're more likely to find racist attitudes in the midwest than in the south, at least if we're talking about the major metro areas (which is where most of the voters are).  The old paradigm no longer applies.

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: March 27, 2008, 12:51:52 PM »

Again, I think in the general election (November), Obama's race on balance will neither help him nor hurt him.  The south goes to the GOP anyway, even if Obama were lilly white.   In truth, the demographics in our country have changed so much in the last 20 years that the "South" of today looks nothing like the south of 1970 or 1980.  Most of the ecomonic opportunities have been in the south and the west, and population has been flowing stedily out of the north, northeast, and many foreign nations into the Ameican south.  If anything, I think you're more likely to find racist attitudes in the midwest than in the south, at least if we're talking about the major metro areas (which is where most of the voters are).  The old paradigm no longer applies.
The south used to go to the democrats until LBJ and Civil Rights happened.  The democrats of 40 years ago are today's republicans.  They still pledge allegiance to States Rights.  And that brand of politics has been meshed with big business and religious fundamentalism in a way that the Democrats cannot match.

I think race still trumps any candidate's pretensions to whatever "conservative" means.  And yes, even politically correct people are swayed by race.  I wish I was wrong but I don't think I am.

shootfighter1

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Competitor- NABBA Nationals Overall Champ
« Reply #44 on: March 27, 2008, 02:15:21 PM »
"I think prejudice is much stronger than political correctness".
-------------------------

I don't think so, there are a lot of people who gave Obama an extra look because he was black, new, and is a very impressive person.  I think it will at least wash out in the vote...but its up for debate.  I think we are seeing Obama being put under the microscope finally and people are seeing him as a regular politician with positives and negatives instead of a flawless new icon.  Several issues have come to the public where they see Obama is not moderate....this is where I think he'll lose some of the independents.

If McCain can position himself back to the middle, he could certainly win this election.  He pandered a bit to the right to get the nomination but McCain is a moderate historically and thats where he'll end up.  That will attract independents and some moderate democrats.  He may have alienated far right wingers and evangelicals but they don't have any other choices.  I think he has won some points in his recent speeches and has backed off on the tough talk on Iran and Iraq, which is good IMO.

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #45 on: March 28, 2008, 05:47:34 PM »
Most folks who wouldn't vote for someone because he's black wouldn't be voting democrat anyway. 

Goatboy, ...is this your way of saying that you think racists naturally gravitate towards the Republican party?  ;D
I suppose that explains why many right wing Blacks and those of other ethnicities gravitate to the Democrats.
w

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
  • Mel Gibson and Bob Sly World Domination
« Reply #46 on: March 28, 2008, 06:36:41 PM »
I have to admit.. I was pleased to hear his opinion on the bank-mortgage bailouts. It was refreshing, and actually conservative of him.

I still don't like his war mongering bs.

w8tlftr

• Getbig V
  • I ♥ ( o Y o )
« Reply #47 on: March 29, 2008, 07:59:27 PM »
Goatboy, ...is this your way of saying that you think racists naturally gravitate towards the Republican party?  ;D
I suppose that explains why many right wing Blacks and those of other ethnicities gravitate to the Democrats.

Weird. Every racist I've ever met was a Democrat.

No kidding.

shootfighter1

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Competitor- NABBA Nationals Overall Champ
« Reply #48 on: March 30, 2008, 06:50:16 AM »
"Goatboy, ...is this your way of saying that you think racists naturally gravitate towards the Republican party?   I suppose that explains why many right wing Blacks and those of other ethnicities gravitate to the Democrats."
---------------------------

There should be an increased effort on the part of republicans to attract conservative black voters.  I think there is a small portion of republicans who are racist (just like some on the far left) but these a-holes shouldn't set the impression of the party.  Values and philosophy should be colorblind.  As more black Americans are making better $, they see large gov trying taking more of what they have rightly earned too.
I wish there were more than our 2 parties.  So many of us are in between on issues and don't like to be forced into a category.  Personally, I am conservative economically but very moderate socially.

Slapper

• Getbig V
  • Vincit qui se vincit
« Reply #49 on: March 30, 2008, 07:36:27 AM »
The democrats are worst than the republicans. At least the republicans are honest about it and tell you, straight up, that they're going to take all the eggs in the basket and give them to their friends. Democrats do the same while telling you they're gonna take care of the environment and take money from the rich to give it to the poor (which they don't).

That is why I do not vote. Cause the choices are a piece of shit, human shit.