Author Topic: Bad-ass Tiger Woods Threatens to Kick a Schmotographer's Ass  (Read 4935 times)

wisconsinBB

• Getbig IV
  • Sweep The Leg!
Re: Bad-ass Tiger Woods Threatens to Kick a Schmotographer's Ass
« Reply #25 on: March 26, 2008, 11:02:11 AM »

Hitting a golf ball accurately is way more difficult then hitting a baseball, shooting a basketball or throwing a pass even without the pressure of fans.

They gotta be able to block that shit out.  Focus so intense that they hear nothing but their own thoughts.  

Croatch

• Getbig V
  • Man up, train natural.
« Reply #26 on: March 26, 2008, 11:05:28 AM »
They gotta be able to block that shit out.  Focus so intense that they hear nothing but their own thoughts.  
Nothing like a little meditation with baby oil on your back. ;D
Van Damn looked pretty sick back in the day.  Amazing he fell to shit.  Aging and drugs are bitch.
N

phreak

• Getbig V
  • Food is amazing
« Reply #27 on: March 26, 2008, 11:09:51 AM »
hahaha in that case, I'm hitting him 3 or 4 times.... taking his camera... take a picture of your own junk with it then I'll file assault charges against HIM... ahh the beauty of it all.
If the pic is taken from an angle the guy could have been in, then he's screwed. You turn the camera in for evidence and get to sue him!

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #28 on: March 26, 2008, 11:10:54 AM »
We need to contact Mr. Eldrick Woods and inquire about employment.

He reads getbig.  You see how big his arms are now.

When he PMs me, I'll email you with details.

wisconsinBB

• Getbig IV
  • Sweep The Leg!
« Reply #29 on: March 26, 2008, 11:11:32 AM »
Nothing like a little meditation with baby oil on your back. ;D
Van Damn looked pretty sick back in the day.  Amazing he fell to shit.  Aging and drugs are bitch.

Thats not baby oil, its hot, humid, man sweat!   Yeah the coke and 39 wives really took their toll on him.  He sure as hell can still dance though!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

emn1964

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #30 on: March 26, 2008, 11:12:57 AM »
I thought Tiger's father prepared him for these types of distractions when he was a kid.  I remember reading an article where he said his father had him puting and would blow horns behind him to ensure he was concentrating.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: March 26, 2008, 11:25:33 AM »
If fans could taunt, mock, laugh, cheer, sing, drink...

I'd probably watch golf.
I do watch it, but damn that would be awesome if they had an event like that - shit would be hillarious

m8

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: March 26, 2008, 11:27:05 AM »

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #33 on: March 26, 2008, 11:29:48 AM »

Hitting a golf ball accurately is way more difficult then hitting a baseball, shooting a basketball or throwing a pass even without the pressure of fans.
bullshit! hitting a baseball is much more fucking difficult that hitting a golf ball, why do you think batting .300 is outstanding? if you hit a golf ball accurately on a .300 scale then you should give up golf

MikeThaMachine

• Getbig V
  • WTF Happened, BBing Is Dead. I Didn't Miss A Thing
« Reply #34 on: March 26, 2008, 11:33:07 AM »
bullshit! hitting a baseball is much more fucking difficult that hitting a golf ball, why do you think batting .300 is outstanding? if you hit a golf ball accurately on a .300 scale then you should give up golf

Your rebuttal tells me you are a complete moron.
I

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #35 on: March 26, 2008, 11:36:04 AM »

so you're telling me the a pro golfer only hits the fairway less the 30% of the time? ::)

Croatch

• Getbig V
  • Man up, train natural.
« Reply #36 on: March 26, 2008, 01:26:23 PM »

haha, Yeah, that's a bad analogy.  Both are difficult, but there's really no need for complete quiet in any sport.  Notice how golf and tennis, the up tight white man sports are the most "proper"..haha  You'd never see a game of streetball in Harlem where they said, "Quiet please!" when the guy it making free throws.  It's more about where the sports came from, not the actual skill involved in performing the act.
In short, if basketball originated in country clubs, they would have quiet signs posted in the arena.  Notice how the fans act at soccer games, animals pretty much.  Smelly, barbaric, loud, etc.  Usually, Latin countries....shocking, I know. ;)
N

candidizzle

• Getbig V
  • Trueprotein.com 5% discount code= TRB953
« Reply #37 on: March 26, 2008, 01:28:09 PM »
so you're telling me the a pro golfer only hits the fairway less the 30% of the time? ::)
thats a horrible comparison.  

you cant compare ANY two sports ..   you can say one is more mentally challenging or one is more physically demanding..."but this one is harder than that one"..no..   how can you judge that?

golf is very difficult MENTALLY, or, its very EASY mentally...   thats what seperates good golfers from bad golfers...its not the swing or the practice or any of th......

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: March 26, 2008, 03:36:12 PM »
thats a horrible comparison.  

you cant compare ANY two sports ..   you can say one is more mentally challenging or one is more physically demanding..."but this one is harder than that one"..no..   how can you judge that?

golf is very difficult MENTALLY, or, its very EASY mentally...   thats what seperates good golfers from bad golfers...its not the swing or the practice or any of th......
golf is very hard mentally but it is also the swing as well and being able to work the ball the way you want it and estimate yardage as well.

Its not that there is a sound its that the golfer expects no sound and then theres a disturbing sound in the middle of a swing, If they had sound the entire time it probably wouldnt be a problem, but they practice in relative silence and thats what they are used to.

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #39 on: March 26, 2008, 03:52:47 PM »
How fucking true is that!  Or how bout a quarterback making a precision throw with 100,000 screaming fans and a couple of 300 pound defensive lineman trying to take his friggen head off.  FAVRE RULES!

The problem with this is, golf is a sport where you are kind of competing against yourself.  You are not directly competing against someone or with someone else.  IN football the quarterback throws the ball but it is the receiver who runs under it an catches it.  In golf you have to hit a ball that is much smaller, not moving into a hole hundreds of yards aways.  One smallest twitch or anything to disrupt your swing will fuck up your hit.  In football or baseball it is not that exact.   Have you ever seen some of those quarterback challenges.  they hardly hit the targets at all perfect.  A reciever can speed up slow down, turn and whatever else to catch the ball.  Golf takes a tremendous amount of skill and concentration.  Anyone who thinks not has never played.  If it was so easy then how come all the major pro athletes who are great in their sport just don't play golf and do great.  Totally different circumstances.

haha, Yeah, that's a bad analogy.  Both are difficult, but there's really no need for complete quiet in any sport.  Notice how golf and tennis, the up tight white man sports are the most "proper"..haha  You'd never see a game of streetball in Harlem where they said, "Quiet please!" when the guy it making free throws.  It's more about where the sports came from, not the actual skill involved in performing the act.
In short, if basketball originated in country clubs, they would have quiet signs posted in the arena.  Notice how the fans act at soccer games, animals pretty much.  Smelly, barbaric, loud, etc.  Usually, Latin countries....shocking, I know. ;)

haahha yea you sure don't see them doing that and you sure don't see them making much money (if any) at playing either.  The problem is people like you are your typical armchair sports hero.  They have no idea what its like to compete.  None.  Honestly something must have seriously happened to you to just constantly put down people who are professionals and make millions of dollars and have millions of fans.  What happened to you when you were younger.  We know steroids did nothing to improve you so you attack the steroids guys.  We know chicks with fake tits laugh at you so you hate all girls with fake tits.  But what happened where you hate people who are admired and make a living off what they love to do.  Please tell us.  Other than that I still think you are funny as hell just a little angry.

MikeThaMachine

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: March 26, 2008, 04:04:49 PM »
The problem with this is, golf is a sport where you are kind of competing against yourself.  You are not directly competing against someone or with someone else.  IN football the quarterback throws the ball but it is the receiver who runs under it an catches it.  In golf you have to hit a ball that is much smaller, not moving into a hole hundreds of yards aways.  One smallest twitch or anything to disrupt your swing will fuck up your hit.  In football or baseball it is not that exact.   Have you ever seen some of those quarterback challenges.  they hardly hit the targets at all perfect.  A reciever can speed up slow down, turn and whatever else to catch the ball.  Golf takes a tremendous amount of skill and concentration.  Anyone who thinks not has never played.  If it was so easy then how come all the major pro athletes who are great in their sport just don't play golf and do great.  Totally different circumstances.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA Exactly, I played from about age 10 through my teens on a fairly regular basis and it is by far the hardest sport I have ever played. You get one hit at a time and if you fuck up well then too bad you have to take a stroke, imagine if a Baseball teams overall score was affected by strikes. There is so much that goes into a golf swing (at least a really good one) that most will never realize until they see a guy half their size out drive them but still have the touch to make a 20ft putt on a sloping green with ease. I miss playing and if I ever have the extra income would like to get back into playing again, I hear the courses are beautiful in Hawaii.
I

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #41 on: March 26, 2008, 04:19:57 PM »

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA Exactly, I played from about age 10 through my teens on a fairly regular basis and it is by far the hardest sport I have ever played. You get one hit at a time and if you fuck up well then too bad you have to take a stroke, imagine if a Baseball teams overall score was affected by strikes. There is so much that goes into a golf swing (at least a really good one) that most will never realize until they see a guy half their size out drive them but still have the touch to make a 20ft putt on a sloping green with ease. I miss playing and if I ever have the extra income would like to get back into playing again, I hear the courses are beautiful in Hawaii.

Being good enough in golf to be considered good is very very hard.  They say getting a hit in baseball is the hardest single thing to do in sports.  Not hitting the ball, but getting a hit.  It is you against 9 guys and one of them throws the ball at you 90+ mph.  That is why no one can even achieve getting 4 hits out of 10 at bats for an extended length of time.  I played organized baseball for almost 18 years.  I have played golf since I was maybe 12 or so.  My dad played all the time and when I was old enough to play without being a problem to him I did.  Golf is so hard and frustrating.  It takes an unbelievable amount of concentration and that is why it needs to be quiet.  Kind of like a library.  If there is a lot of noise it is hard to read and concentrate on what you are reading.  That is why quiet is a must.  When a pitcher pitches he has a target that he must hit.  That target is the strike zone or where the catcher puts his mit.  There is some leeway and other factors that help him like speed, angle, wind-up, delivery, etc.  In golf you just don't get those little breaks.  If you are off a mm on your hit the ball will go where you didn't aim it.

I have played many many different sports and all pretty damm good.  But the sport I found to be the most difficult for me was polo.  As funny as it sounds until you are on top of a 800+ lb horse leaning over going 25 mph and swinging a club trying to hit a small ball with other horse running into you and other guys with clubs swinging then you have no idea.  I remember doing an interview and telling the reporter the same thing.  Very difficult sport. 

MikeThaMachine

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: March 26, 2008, 04:29:29 PM »
Being good enough in golf to be considered good is very very hard.  They say getting a hit in baseball is the hardest single thing to do in sports.  Not hitting the ball, but getting a hit.  It is you against 9 guys and one of them throws the ball at you 90+ mph.  That is why no one can even achieve getting 4 hits out of 10 at bats for an extended length of time.  I played organized baseball for almost 18 years.  I have played golf since I was maybe 12 or so.  My dad played all the time and when I was old enough to play without being a problem to him I did.  Golf is so hard and frustrating.  It takes an unbelievable amount of concentration and that is why it needs to be quiet.  Kind of like a library.  If there is a lot of noise it is hard to read and concentrate on what you are reading.  That is why quiet is a must.  When a pitcher pitches he has a target that he must hit.  That target is the strike zone or where the catcher puts his mit.  There is some leeway and other factors that help him like speed, angle, wind-up, delivery, etc.  In golf you just don't get those little breaks.  If you are off a mm on your hit the ball will go where you didn't aim it.

I have played many many different sports and all pretty damm good.  But the sport I found to be the most difficult for me was polo.  As funny as it sounds until you are on top of a 800+ lb horse leaning over going 25 mph and swinging a club trying to hit a small ball with other horse running into you and other guys with clubs swinging then you have no idea.  I remember doing an interview and telling the reporter the same thing.  Very difficult sport. 

I agree getting a hit in baseball is probably something that very few people who aren't baseball players can even do. Personally I don't think I could hit off a major league pitcher.

As a kid I never got pissed playing many sports but I have had my fits playing golf and bent my 3 wood shaft once, I had a tough time explaining that one to my dad. I think golf brings out the worst in people ;D But damn is it a fun sport and at times the scenery is beautiful.

Polo must be hard but then again not many have the oppurtunity to ride a horse let alone get a Polo game together.
I

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: March 26, 2008, 05:16:06 PM »

I agree getting a hit in baseball is probably something that very few people who aren't baseball players can even do. Personally I don't think I could hit off a major league pitcher.

As a kid I never got pissed playing many sports but I have had my fits playing golf and bent my 3 wood shaft once, I had a tough time explaining that one to my dad. I think golf brings out the worst in people ;D But damn is it a fun sport and at times the scenery is beautiful.

Polo must be hard but then again not many have the oppurtunity to ride a horse let alone get a Polo game together.
lol ive never bent any clubs i paid a pretty penny for mine and i would kick my own ass for that

People who play golf are masochists, the majority of the time your pissed or always thinking man that was decent shot but it could have been better. However its that one perfect shot, the one thats effortless, and your club comes through like butter and the ball does exactly what you wanted that keeps you coming back for more.

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
  • sometimes you get the elevator, somtimes the shaft
« Reply #44 on: March 26, 2008, 05:20:59 PM »
Bottom line is this....the stupid photographers should know better. There is no reason the be clicking away during his swing, especially if they have been told before.

MikeThaMachine

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: March 26, 2008, 05:22:02 PM »
lol ive never bent any clubs i paid a pretty penny for mine and i would kick my own ass for that

People who play golf are masochists, the majority of the time your pissed or always thinking man that was decent shot but it could have been better. However its that one perfect shot, the one thats effortless, and your club comes through like butter and the ball does exactly what you wanted that keeps you coming back for more.

Sooooooooooooooo true, I can remember the first time I ever got a birdie and I was ecstatic, I felt like a pro.
I

Moosejay

« Reply #46 on: March 26, 2008, 06:25:58 PM »
http://sports.espn.go.com/golf/news/story?id=3313069

Tiger Woods is growing more frustrated with photographers snapping pictures of him during his swing.

In an interview on ESPN's First Take on Wednesday. Woods addressed an incident at last week's WGC-CA Championship at Doral, Fla., when he reacted to the click of a camera in his backswing with an obscenity-laced threat.

Woods' intense competitive streak is well-known, and he's also been known to curse when his results don't meet his high expectations. But on Sunday, in a threat punctuated with profanity, he threatened bodily harm to the next photographer who snaps during his swing.

"It's been frustrating because that's what been happening lately," Woods told ESPN's First Take. "It's one of the things that comes with playing in the last group, one of the distractions we have to deal with."

What's more, Woods said, the distractions have affected his play.

"Each time it's happened, well three out of four times, I made bogey," Woods said. "At the time I needed to make birdie, I flinched on it. [The photographer] got me in transition on my downswing.

"You have no idea what's been said on the golf course all the time, in any sport really," Woods added. "It was the heat of the moment. That one shot took the momentum that I had built on No. 8."

Whoever would be the recipient of Woods' invective and harm would become a very rich man.

Armstrong

• Getbig III
  • Victor got screwed.
« Reply #47 on: March 26, 2008, 06:36:03 PM »
I'd like to volunteer for this job.

Tiger, mail me a check for $100k.

Anytime a photographer snaps your pic, I will sucker punch him 5 to 10 minutes later.  

When news gets out that "you take tiger's pic, you get beatdown by a nobody you cannot sue", they'll stop.  

good thinkin.  I bet Tiger has people on payroll out in the parking lot.
Everything is BIGGER in Texas!!!

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
  • sometimes you get the elevator, somtimes the shaft
« Reply #48 on: March 26, 2008, 07:19:23 PM »

Got that right, big man.....

BTW...shot an 83 on Sunday!!

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: March 26, 2008, 07:21:04 PM »
damn chick thats pretty damn good, you know what the slope of the course was?