Author Topic: Why doesn't Team U winner , take his pro card and then make formal complaint?  (Read 6319 times)

Meltdown

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
The Drugs are here to stay that's not the problem people will always do what they do BUT FFS get that Drug Rule DELETED from the IFBB rules.It's a Fukin joke and every person in the industry is LAUGHING.DELETE DELETE DELETE. ::)

HowieW

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
The Drugs are here to stay that's not the problem people will always do what they do BUT FFS get that Drug Rule DELETED from the IFBB rules.It's a Fukin joke and every person in the industry is LAUGHING.DELETE DELETE DELETE. ::)
We, the hardcore fans of the pors , know the IFBB drug testing rule is a joke . The real issue is why do they bother to have such an extensive collection of rules on drug testing and banned substances.
1. It is good PR for the casual observer and intended to help convince the IOC to allow bodybuilding into the Olympics.

2. It provides possible legal cover in the form of an existing policy against drug use within the IFBB.
* Granted, the actual policy is a virtual house of cards. If challenged and examined in open court it would fold faster than the Polish calvary against the German's.

3. It places any legal risks  with drugs on the individual pro bodybuilder. The IFBB gets a better pro who is enhanced without any legal liabilty within the actual organization. Should a pro ever get busted they can easily opt tosuspend him/her and claim they are anit- steroid ( based on their own detailed rules against them).

4. The actual written rules of the IFBB charter try to paint bodybuilding as a healthy sport and ideal fitness minded activity .
Sadly, this is NOT the case for obvious reasons.

The ironic thing for me , is that if the IFBB would follow their own actual written rules along with the ethical standards, code of coduct and judging standards; we would have a GREAT sport.
The actual IFBB rules and standards are well written and ones that I believe in myself. It is indeed quite sad , that the sport refuses to follow and/or enforce them.
Howard
Kelly Ryan married well!  Free Titus!

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
Why do the police only enforce certain laws? Welcome to life, son....

Some rules are put in place to protect the company, they're there if they need it....just like the company you work for. Most companies have a drug testing program in lace, yet never seem to use it...why?

As to your "selective" enforcement...you still don't get it, do you? As long as everyone is treated equally, why should I be fighting for a rule that's never implemented?
Weak ass answer, Chick. You would be better off saying, "I don't know, I'll look into it." Then ignore it and when it's brought up again say you haven't heard anything yet. ;D

Instead, you sit on your comp and defend the IFBB, just like a good stooge should. :-*
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

timfogarty

• Getbig V
  • @fogartyTim on twitter
The NPC and Jim Manion did the right thing to deal with this tough issue about 14 yrs ago. They started the drug tested Team Universe.

there is no evidence that they've ever drug tested Team Universe.  No one has ever been DQed.  No one has ever lost their placing. 

Kai Greene won the thing twice.  you really think he went from a natural bodybuilder to winning a pro contest in 3 years?  and we won't even talk about Skip LaCour

Matt C

• Getbig V
  • The White Vince Goodrum
Drugs are all over sports.  I imagine they just make examples of those they don't like as a front for the general public.
Bodybuilding Pro.com

HowieW

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
Drugs are all over sports.  I imagine they just make examples of those they don't like as a front for the general public.
I think the issue is bit deeper and more complex then how well an athlete is liked.
It has more to do with the high profile nature of the athlete and how likely it is that they can make the roid charges stick. Since an athlete has due process and the right to appeal a drug use conviction, their is a bit of preasure on the administators in any prof. sports league to "do it right" if you are going to bust some pro athlete for drug use.
The track world went after Marion Jones, one the most liked and admired athletes in woman's track .
Why? She was  a gold medal winner and media darling. Plus, she was in on the Balco deal, so there was lot of evidence to convict her with. This was a high profile , media frenzy of a bust.
Same deal with Barry Bonds, Roger Clemmens and all the other top notch players in a variety of sports.
Pretty ironic how football is NOT getting any steroid scandels, hmmmmmmm?
I guess all those big NFL guys are steroid free and just eat good and take creatine hehe.
While bodybuilders are the most obvious roid users ( due to their appearence), they are small in terms of media coverage. The lack of any substantial sports media coverage may be the one thing that saves pro bodybuilding from a nightmare level of steroid scandels and investigations.

I have some obvious strong opinions about the current extreme drug use in pro bodybuilding.BUT, I am a fan first and  want to see a great contest. I actually admire the pro bodybuilders and enjoy seeing them in various pro events.
Howard

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
Howie, why don't you sue the IFBB about the unfairness in sport? Seems to me any aspiring bodybuilder should be able to do so because no one can win the top pro titles naturally. It is clear that even the IFBB pro athletes rep condons steroids and that is why he can't say much against them.

A fan or parent of an aspiring bodybuilder could sue those who allow drugs to be used by some in this sport. It is not a level playing field. Maybe they should sue the governor of California as well. It is a political issue, afterall.

The IFBB doesn't know what to do. They fear that if they enforce their own rules that bodybuilders will go to another organization and the IFBB will lose its place. They certainly understand the fickle nature of mirror athletes who go where they can win something they covet. The Mr Olympia is the premier title so that is what most aspire to. I won't even mention the women because that sport is bizarre. Yet the IFBB are to blame because they allowed breast enhancements, steroids, and goodness knows what else the men and women have to do to compete. I hate that fake tan that gets painted on. How the hell did that get to be a practice that even the amateurs employ? Just disgraceful.

Bob is on record as saying he isn't against things as long as they aren't obvious.

I think stooge should be replaced by dunce because Bob clearly can't comprehend messages written in crayon!

TooPowerful4u

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
I believe there may have been some random testing at the ASC....

Ok Bob most of the time i respect you....but come the fk on....you would have been better off not answering to the post.  Thats as ignorant and retarted a statement as iv ever heard.  Let me ask your honest OPINON based on EXPERIENCE...do you believe ANY of the competitors in the IFBB over 200lbs are clean?  uh huh

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
Does anyone think the IFBB is going to appoint someone who is independent, intelligent and honest as pro athletes rep? Not a chance. They need a stooge and Bob is shameless so is the perfect lackey and patsy. 

Meltdown

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
Bob knows that nobody competing is clean- FACT, so all I say is DELETE the stupid Fukin Rule from the IFBB Rules EVERYBODY IS LAUGHING AT THAT RULE. ::)Banned substances are not to be used.FUKIN JOKE.

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
If the bottom line is the drug issue then I vote to do serious, consistent, honest, valid and regular testing of all competitors and polygraphs and out of contest testing too.

columbusdude82

• Getbig V
  • I'm too sexy for my shirt!!!
If the bottom line is the drug issue then I vote to do serious, consistent, honest, valid and regular testing of all competitors and polygraphs and out of contest testing too.

Good luck with that. I am sure the pros will all voluntarily comply ::)

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
The reality is the pros use heaps of drugs and do all manner of augmenting the muscles, etc. So, of course it is going to be almost impossible to change what is going on. The IFBB is literally painted into a corner here and can hardly change the mess they are in.

Someday, somehow, someway they will have to start doing proper testing for steroids, etc.

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
  • sometimes you get the elevator, somtimes the shaft
Ok Bob most of the time i respect you....but come the fk on....you would have been better off not answering to the post.  Thats as ignorant and retarted a statement as iv ever heard.  Let me ask your honest OPINON based on EXPERIENCE...do you believe ANY of the competitors in the IFBB over 200lbs are clean?  uh huh

It was a joke...sorry I didn't include the  ;D or a LOL at the end....my bad.

That said...whats the difference If I believe any of them are clean?

dearth

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
It was a joke...sorry I didn't include the  ;D or a LOL at the end....my bad.

That said...whats the difference If I believe any of them are clean?

Bob I liked your  "synthol is ok as long as its not obvious" interpretation of the ifbb rules, the best.

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
Bob I liked your  "synthol is ok as long as its not obvious" interpretation of the ifbb rules, the best.
haha  you can handle the truth  :)

HowieW

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
Howie, why don't you sue the IFBB about the unfairness in sport? Seems to me any aspiring bodybuilder should be able to do so because no one can win the top pro titles naturally. It is clear that even the IFBB pro athletes rep condons steroids and that is why he can't say much against them.

A fan or parent of an aspiring bodybuilder could sue those who allow drugs to be used by some in this sport. It is not a level playing field. Maybe they should sue the governor of California as well. It is a political issue, afterall.

The IFBB doesn't know what to do. They fear that if they enforce their own rules that bodybuilders will go to another organization and the IFBB will lose its place. They certainly understand the fickle nature of mirror athletes who go where they can win something they covet. The Mr Olympia is the premier title so that is what most aspire to. I won't even mention the women because that sport is bizarre. Yet the IFBB are to blame because they allowed breast enhancements, steroids, and goodness knows what else the men and women have to do to compete. I hate that fake tan that gets painted on. How the hell did that get to be a practice that even the amateurs employ? Just disgraceful.

Bob is on record as saying he isn't against things as long as they aren't obvious.

I think stooge should be replaced by dunce because Bob clearly can't comprehend messages written in crayon!

Vince in US law it is my belief that one has to have "legal standing" to bring a law suit. Since I am only a fan and NPC judge , NOT an active IFBB pro, I don't have the "standing" to bring a law suit.
Bob Chic and I are on NOT in agreement on the drugs in bodybuilding issue.
It is his view to be practical about this issue and keep it as a NON issue ( the current policy).
While I don't agree with Bob , I do understand his "practical view" on this and respect his opinion and experience in the sport .
You don't have to avoid going to contests just because you disagree with the IFBB on some issue.
Overall, I feel the IFBB pro div has done a good job helping pro bodybuilding grow and putting on major shows.
I feel it is my right and obligation as a serious, ticket buying fan to voice my concern on the drug issue.
After that, I sit back and enjoy the show, as is with no hard feelings on  my part.

LATS

• Getbig IV
 TAKE THE DRUGS OUT AND YOU WILL NOT HAVE BODYBUILDING.. go see the nga show and look at the attendence.. if that is what ya want for bodybuilding then want the demise of boidybuilding.. and by the way, i hope you do not believe that the team universe has "actual" drug free competitors.. i have said in the past, that i know one in particular and he is far from natural.. but, he passes the test.. and he is far from alone..