Author Topic: Nightmare scenario for the IFBB  (Read 26743 times)

dearth

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
Re: Nightmare scenario for the IFBB
« Reply #150 on: April 07, 2008, 09:13:11 AM »
is your position another one of those "lifetime entitlements" that they like to throw around the IFBB?

You've already been exposed for what you are, Basile...an old blowhard. STFU on talking about what I do for the athletes, or what kind of job I'm doing...you don't know either....you aren't privvy to ONE single thing involving pro bodybuilding past 1970....

Keep posting your nonsense, though....I enjoy you making your bold statements, while having the same knowledge of the subject as anyone with a computer handy...

LOL

knny187

• Getbig V
« Reply #151 on: April 07, 2008, 03:39:46 PM »
Chick

Question......

On the average day, how many hours are put in as the athlete's rep?

Or, is it that little where you can tell us how many hours a month is put in?

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
  • sometimes you get the elevator, somtimes the shaft
« Reply #152 on: April 07, 2008, 03:44:25 PM »
Chick

Question......

On the average day, how many hours are put in as the athlete's rep?

Or, is it that little where you can tell us how many hours a month is put in?

There are no "day to day" duties as a rep...there are times where it is busier than others, certainly...

kcballer

• Getbig V
  • In you I feel so pretty, In you I taste God
« Reply #153 on: April 07, 2008, 03:48:15 PM »
Sorry Chic , but their is already a sports legal precedent based on my scenario.
The Circuit Ct for the NJ/NY area ruled against a boxing federation that failed to provide consistant and fair drug testing consistant intheir own rules. It was for a Lt Hvy wt chamionship fight and the loser filed on grounds that they did NOT drug test the title bout ( for steroids). The judge ruled this violated the "public trust" and faith in fairly run athletics.The legal precedent is there already my friend.Unlike some of these meatheads, I fact check and base my info on actual facts and refrences . In all modesty, I have pretty decent academic background and know a little bit about doing research, seriously.I didn't pull this idea out my butt, trust me.
Seriously , check it out under the Ct of appeals rulings for the Circuit Ct of the NY/NJ area.

haven't read all this but the 'legal precedent' you speak of is in the public interest for gambling purposes.  Last time i checked Vegas wasn't running odds on the IFBB so why don't you just shut up with your useless dribble. 
Abandon every hope...

knny187

• Getbig V
« Reply #154 on: April 07, 2008, 04:08:13 PM »
There are no "day to day" duties as a rep...there are times where it is busier than others, certainly...

I hear ya...

but lets say in the average month....how many times are you called upon or taking up some action on account of compeitiors needs as the athlete's rep?

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #155 on: April 07, 2008, 04:10:02 PM »
I hear ya...

but lets say in the average month....how many times are you called upon or taking up some action on account of compeitiors needs as the athlete's rep?

4-5...depends on the month and if there is a contest nearing.

knny187

• Getbig V
« Reply #156 on: April 07, 2008, 04:15:47 PM »
4-5...depends on the month and if there is a contest nearing.

Maybe you can answer this...or maybe you don't want to....

but...

As an athlete's rep....it's volunteer as I understand & there's no pay involved.

If you're making long distance calls or have expenses under your duties as an Athlete's Rep....

Do you claim any of those expenses at the end of the year for a tax break?

Meltdown

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #157 on: April 07, 2008, 04:18:46 PM »
I am sure some Pros would love IFBB to do Drug tests might mean less toxic side effects that Fuk them for life.They might not tell you about their problems but they are there.How is it some Pros go from monsters to little boys in the matter of weeks when off their massive doses?????There is obviously No foundation under all that drug use on some Pros.How Fuked up is that.One week 280lb next month 200lb.FFS. ::)

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #158 on: April 07, 2008, 04:20:39 PM »
Maybe you can answer this...or maybe you don't want to....

but...

As an athlete's rep....it's volunteer as I understand & there's no pay involved.

If you're making long distance calls or have expenses under your duties as an Athlete's Rep....

Do you claim any of those expenses at the end of the year for a tax break?

The only "expense" involved is time....

Meltdown

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #159 on: April 07, 2008, 04:28:11 PM »
Bob you do know the one thing you can't get back is TIME.Dude you are in a good place in life nothing to prove to anyone nice home beautiful wife and a new baby.Time is what you should be using well not worrying about Fukin BBs they only care about themselves.You know that.Fuk wasting Time and Money on that crap.Time better spent making change.IFBB Drug Rule = No Fukin Drug Rule. ::)

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #160 on: April 07, 2008, 04:41:56 PM »
I made a serious allegation to Bob C and he replies that I should STFU. Nice vocabulary and reply. This guy, despite what Howie says, is a mug. I am not personally attacking him. Just stating the facts the way I see it from his behaviour on Getbig. Apparently, he enjoys my contributions as they make his drab days fun. He easily antagonishes others and one wonders how on earth this brute was appointed to a job requiring tact and diplomacy.

Bob uses his 'position' to futher his career because it gives him a current standing and involvement in the professional scene. I would bet he has a VOIP phone so doesn't pay much even for international calls. He surely deserves some IFBB reward for services to the BB community!

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #161 on: April 07, 2008, 04:45:02 PM »
I made a serious allegation to Bob C and he replies that I should STFU. Nice vocabulary and reply. This guy, despite what Howie says, is a mug. I am not personally attacking him. Just stating the facts the way I see it from his behaviour on Getbig. Apparently, he enjoys my contributions as they make his drab days fun. He easily antagonishes others and one wonders how on earth this brute was appointed to a job requiring tact and diplomacy.

Bob uses his 'position' to futher his career because it gives him a current standing and involvement in the professional scene. I would bet he has a VOIP phone so doesn't pay much even for international calls. He surely deserves some IFBB reward for services to the BB community!

There's your whole problem wraped up in one sentence, Basile....

Meltdown

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #162 on: April 07, 2008, 04:50:55 PM »
Vince as an old retired BB champ you know reporters will listen to you if you contact them and tell them that when you were competing a small amount of drugs were being used but now the major BB org IFBB has a benign Drug Rule that is not enforced which infact Rewards Pros with a win and cash and company endorsements for Abusing massive amounts of banned Drugs.Now go and tell the Sydney Times.You can make a change Vince and then you might get a reward for services to the BB community!

knny187

• Getbig V
« Reply #163 on: April 07, 2008, 05:02:25 PM »
Bob, curious about something....

At an IFBB event....if you schedule an Athlete's Meeting...who picks up the tab for the room you guys may utilize for the meeting?

In theory, who ever rents the convention etc...can actually charge you.

Just curious.

Meltdown

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #164 on: April 07, 2008, 05:07:22 PM »
FOC room sponsor gets a couple of rooms FOC and it doesn't have to be a big room only ever about 5 people and that is with girlfriends.

dearth

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #165 on: April 07, 2008, 06:19:08 PM »
howie the problem is not just with Chick being a lackey to the ifbb,
the problem is the ifbb's joke of a testing program.

there was some sort of drug testing of the athletes that was conducted at the arnold,
but amazingly the athletes rep knows nothing about it?

I think this is bit of a stretch Vince and is attacking Bob on policy that he has nothing to do with.
What troubles me, is seeing two champs, from different eras,  involved in such needless bickering.
Like me, Vince is against the current extreme drug use he sees in bodybuilding. Bob is simply trying to do what is in the best interest to sell tickets and bring in fans, sponsers, etc. He makes a good argument that would help bring $$ to the IFBB pros he represents. While I don't agree with the current drug policy of NO active testing, I am not aware of  a single IFBB pro that wants testing in IFBB pro events.
I know Vince may be frustrated by what he sees, but I feel an intelligent man like him can do a better job presenting his case and opinion, than blasting Bob in this personal attack. I can see why Bob replied with a "STFU", but also know he could have done a better job being a bit more diplomatic .

Oh well, I am just a Joe Blow , what do I know ??? I will just sit back , buy my ticket , cheer on my favorite pros and enjoy the show.

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Time-Out in Dubai, India with Swampi the Cocksmith
« Reply #166 on: April 07, 2008, 06:23:35 PM »

Bob uses his 'position' to futher his career because it gives him a current standing and involvement in the professional scene. I would bet he has a VOIP phone Musclephone so doesn't pay much even for international calls. He surely deserves some IFBB reward for services to the BB community!

fixed
Ron: "I am lazy."

Meltdown

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #167 on: April 07, 2008, 06:25:32 PM »
Yes Bob did say something about Drug testing at the Arnold I think he said they asked the Pros are any of you using Drugs and they all said No.IFBB Drug test = No Fukin Drug test.

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #168 on: April 07, 2008, 07:04:10 PM »
The sheep who qualify as pros in this ass-kissing sport are not going to make any waves. They have been corralled and know who to bow to and have done that for years. That is how the system works. This is an oppressive sport controlled by self-interested dictators.

Can you imagine if one of the top pros was interviewed on national television and was forthright and open about all drugs and injections he took to win a top title? Imagine Jay going on the Today Show and telling all. It would destroy the sport and everyone in it. It is disgraceful and pathetic that this drug abuse is tolerated by Arnold, the IFBB, Bob Chick and just about all the fans.  I say, no thanks. Bring health and sanity back to the sport. Test the bastards to keep them honest. Off season testing, too. Just like other sports. Look at how Marion Jones was stripped of her titles and medals. That is what needs to be done in this sport.

I am sick of jerks like Bob Chick claiming to represent the athletes. That is so far from the truth that it is laughable. Bodybuilding has always been controversial but today it is sick. Chick isn't doing anything because he is another pro who did all that shit to win his masters title. Goodness knows how long drug abuse has to occur before something is done to protect the sheep from themselves.

Mr Olympia is a big title but the honour of winning it evaporated when even young kids know the competitors take drugs. Congratulations Chick and the IFBB.

jaejonna

• Getbig V
  • Head Asian of Getbig
« Reply #169 on: April 07, 2008, 07:06:23 PM »
and the beat goes on ...
L

Meltdown

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #170 on: April 07, 2008, 07:21:26 PM »
Vince make a change contact your Sydney times and tell all, you have been a top Ifbb competitor so someone will listen.It only takes one man to make a change.

MikeThaMachine

• Getbig V
  • WTF Happened, BBing Is Dead. I Didn't Miss A Thing
« Reply #171 on: April 07, 2008, 07:21:35 PM »

I

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #172 on: April 07, 2008, 10:46:08 PM »
Bob, curious about something....

At an IFBB event....if you schedule an Athlete's Meeting...who picks up the tab for the room you guys may utilize for the meeting?

In theory, who ever rents the convention etc...can actually charge you.

Just curious.

The IFBB does...the meetings are scheduled around major shows, I'm there on BB.com's dime, or AMI's....nothing comes out of my pocket.

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #173 on: April 07, 2008, 10:58:53 PM »
Looks like the drugs are a political issue. Arnold talked about his taking steroids in the old days when they weren't illegal. He said they test now and even off season. What a joke. Guess Arnold is a bullshitter like most politicians are. Include Bob Chick as a bullshitter. Of course, he is the epitome of an internet apologist for the IFBB so proudly earned his blue blazer.

&feature=related

knny187

• Getbig V
« Reply #174 on: April 08, 2008, 10:24:56 AM »
The IFBB does...the meetings are scheduled around major shows, I'm there on BB.com's dime, or AMI's....nothing comes out of my pocket.

The reason why I asked is because it shows me the IFBB supports the Athletes to come together for the better interest of the organization & the participants.