Author Topic: Bob Chic may be right...  (Read 4041 times)

HowieW

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
Bob Chic may be right...
« on: March 28, 2008, 05:13:47 PM »
Bob Chic may be correct in his view, that drugs should be kept as a NON issue in pro bodybuilding.
Why? Bob's view is based on the practical needs of the sport and how to make $$ , sell tickets and sponsers, etc. My view is based on  the legal issues  and rules aspects of pro bodybuiding.
I may be correct from a technical pt of view but Bob is correct from a practical view of what "is".
The majority of fans want to see a drug enhanced pro on stage, I admit that.
The judges and IFBB admin want, what the fans support, which makes sense .
Plus, the actual pro bodybuilders don't want to be drug free.

On a personal note, I still think extreme drug use is AGAINST everything I think bodybuilding (physique contests) SHOULD be about. But, I must confess, it has been obvious for a LONG time,that I am in a very small minority here. Thus , it doesn't matter if my views are correct or not. In the end the issue of drugs has long been settled in bodybuilding and my views represent a moot point.
I know when I have lost a battle and this one was over before it started.
Have a good weekend, Howard
Kelly Ryan married well!  Free Titus!

mikediesel

• Getbig III
Re: Bob Chic may be right...
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2008, 05:15:01 PM »
 ::)      zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Howie your threads suck donkey balls. Have a good day!

AZbodybuilder

• Competitors II
  • Getbig II
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2008, 05:15:46 PM »
NO DRUGS = NO IFBB

Drugs will always be a factor in Pro Bodybuilding as well as most other Pro Sports, get over it !

HowieW

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2008, 05:24:31 PM »
::)      zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Howie your threads suck donkey balls. Have a good day!

Sorry, that would GOAT balls mister, I never get with a donkey.

Yes, I already know, drugs are everything and nobody can build any muscle without them. ::) ::) ::)
Geesh, I was for pros being healthy and not risk breaking the federal drug laws, what kind of crazy crap was I thinking. It makes sooooo much more sense to have things as they are.

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2008, 05:29:27 PM »
why do you think you can't build muscle without drugs Howie? maybe not IFBB sized muscle but you can build size without drugs.

djohnsen

• Getbig II
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2008, 05:34:41 PM »
Good post, Howie!

Only problem is that the truth is out there. And we see the consequences of
people going overboard with drugs. Maybe the sport is destroyed for good?
The Weider's have to thank themselves for that, rewarding the juiced up mass
monster instead of rewarding the ones with more "normal" or aesthetic physique.
(ex Dorian instead of Levrone etc)

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2008, 05:37:14 PM »
I don't want to see drug induced muscles on stage. As long as Howie approves of them we will never solve the drug problem. I prefer to see men who have no gynocomastia or operations to remove growths in breast tissue. I don't want to see guys with exaggerated deltoids because of local injections. I don't want to see women who look bizarre because of what they do to compete. No thanks.

Do I have to mention how old and lined so many pros appear. Especially the women! All are huge but they no longer look great. They have abs but swollen abdomens. Things really have gone too far and the IFBB is hopeless when it comes to leadership.

Howie should not pay to see shows where no drug testing is done. Stay home and watch the top shows via the internet.

TooPowerful4u

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2008, 05:41:07 PM »
why do you think you can't build muscle without drugs Howie? maybe not IFBB sized muscle but you can build size without drugs.

Here lies a problem.  You CAN have guys of size...but they will also be big boned.  This means less roundness and less aesthetics.  The bigger guys will also be the bigger waisted guys.  The smaller framed guys will carry alot less mass.  This will lead to either BIG N BLOCKY or SMALL AND AESTHETIC.  You wont see ANY of the phenomenal physiques you see now

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2008, 05:44:13 PM »
I don't want to see drug induced muscles on stage. .
That's what I thought when I saw pics of your Dianabol enhanced body. Disgusting!

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2008, 05:48:55 PM »
Here lies a problem.  You CAN have guys of size...but they will also be big boned.  This means less roundness and less aesthetics.  The bigger guys will also be the bigger waisted guys.  The smaller framed guys will carry alot less mass.  This will lead to either BIG N BLOCKY or SMALL AND AESTHETIC.  You wont see ANY of the phenomenal physiques you see now
i agree, you're not going to see the Flex Wheeler or Phil Heath type freaky size on tiny joints but to think that muscle won't grow AT ALL without drugs is just wrong.

Meltdown

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2008, 05:54:09 PM »
Who says that Pros want to use dangerous amounts of drugs only a Fukin fool would destroy good health.Fuk if they want to break the law and use drugs that is their choice but FFS get that Drug Rule Deleted from the rule book it makes no sense having a benign rule that is not nor ever ENFORCED.Fukin Joke. ::)

HowieW

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2008, 06:14:56 AM »
Good post, Howie!

Only problem is that the truth is out there. And we see the consequences of
people going overboard with drugs. Maybe the sport is destroyed for good?
The Weider's have to thank themselves for that, rewarding the juiced up mass
monster instead of rewarding the ones with more "normal" or aesthetic physique.
(ex Dorian instead of Levrone etc)
Thanks, but my biggest fear is that feds or DEA or GOD forbid congress steps in , and nothing positive will come of that. I think Manion did the right thing with his bellyban/overall astehics judging edic from a couple years ago. That was a great idea and good start in solving some of the problems.

Squad- I agree that you can build a lot of muscle , just not freakky IFBB pro size muscle without drugs.
I honesty would prefer seeing the best pros NOT as huge and freaky. I would love to see a contest where conditioning, shape and balance along with adequate but not freaky mass was the winning formula.

Vince- Howie (me ) does NOT approve of drug bloated bodies my friend. Having said that, I am NOT going to sit at home, just complain and avoid going to some great pro shows, c'mon.
The show is going on with me or without me. The only one who would miss out, is me.
Howard

GoneAway

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: March 29, 2008, 06:40:56 AM »
my views represent a moot point.

in this post, yes they do. anyone with half a brain knows steroids should never be talked about to the general public, if ur trying to make bbing look good. bb fans = not general public. simple marketing, and is just about the #1 rule for all athletic competition, most of which most actually do test for steroids, hence the reason y they are looked upon as 'evil' and 'cheating'.

HowieW

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #13 on: March 29, 2008, 06:50:38 AM »
in this post, yes they do. anyone with half a brain knows steroids should never be talked about to the general public, if ur trying to make bbing look good. bb fans = not general public. simple marketing, and is just about the #1 rule for all athletic competition, most of which most actually do test for steroids, hence the reason y they are looked upon as 'evil' and 'cheating'.

So, if I read this correct you feel that continued lies and hidden agendas are the way to go?

GoneAway

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: March 29, 2008, 07:00:36 AM »
So, if I read this correct you feel that continued lies and hidden agendas are the way to go?

i'm not normally for lying, as i dont like to be lied to or lie to people, but theres only two ways it can go - either drug test and become 'natural' or take steroids and completely leave that part out of any mainstream media concerning bbing. even the mags, though to a lesser extent. bbing isnt just gonna get better by talking less and less about steroids, it's about talking more and more about the bbers, bbing and how they are actually funny, normal people (ala arnold im pumping iron).

HowieW

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #15 on: March 29, 2008, 07:15:26 AM »
i'm not normally for lying, as i dont like to be lied to or lie to people, but theres only two ways it can go - either drug test and become 'natural' or take steroids and completely leave that part out of any mainstream media concerning bbing. even the mags, though to a lesser extent. bbing isnt just gonna get better by talking less and less about steroids, it's about talking more and more about the bbers, bbing and how they are actually funny, normal people (ala arnold im pumping iron).
I agree that more emphasis should be on the actual pros and their physqiues, etc.
However, the roid issue is so out in the public eye now, it will always be an issue that can't be ignored NOW.
That may have worked back years ago when the gen public didn't know much about steroids, but c'mon how will that fly today? Having said that, I wish the drug use was LOT less extreme and made a more minor issue.
Their is one lil' key point behind all this...the FEDERAL drug laws. Hmmm, kinda takes personal opinion out of the  equation huh?

dearth

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #16 on: March 29, 2008, 07:27:08 AM »
the pros aren't shit without all the drugs.

hope this helps.

GoneAway

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: March 29, 2008, 07:42:40 AM »
I agree that more emphasis should be on the actual pros and their physqiues, etc.
However, the roid issue is so out in the public eye now, it will always be an issue that can't be ignored NOW.
That may have worked back years ago when the gen public didn't know much about steroids, but c'mon how will that fly today? Having said that, I wish the drug use was LOT less extreme and made a more minor issue.
Their is one lil' key point behind all this...the FEDERAL drug laws. Hmmm, kinda takes personal opinion out of the  equation huh?

the drugs wont be a problem unless the sport grows and starts getting tv coverage. it won't be a big 'win' for the government in their war on steroids to put mandatory testing at all shows for ifbb pro shows, as the ifbb (to the general public) isnt that big of a deal as far as a sport goes.

if the pros dont smirk and act stupid around the steroid questions (that's if they ever get an interview that goes mainstream), and come up with a creative answer or simply make sure they never get asked that question on air in the first place, it will be fine and put the focus more on the bber and what they're trying to say.

Fulgorre

• Getbig III
« Reply #18 on: March 29, 2008, 08:47:37 AM »
Oh Howie! :)

How can people resist when test + deca bulking cycles are costing no more than $150 from UG?  c'mon! :)

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: March 29, 2008, 08:48:38 AM »
Oh Howie! :)

How can people resist when test + deca bulking cycles are costing no more than $150 from UG?  c'mon! :)
hahahhaaa, yeah if you want to deal with the fact that UG shit is dirty as pig shit and 70 percent of the claimed dose.

FrenchFrie

• Getbig III
« Reply #20 on: March 29, 2008, 08:52:23 AM »
I don't want to see drug induced muscles on stage. As long as Howie approves of them we will never solve the drug problem. I prefer to see men who have no gynocomastia or operations to remove growths in breast tissue. I don't want to see guys with exaggerated deltoids because of local injections. I don't want to see women who look bizarre because of what they do to compete. No thanks.

Do I have to mention how old and lined so many pros appear. Especially the women! All are huge but they no longer look great. They have abs but swollen abdomens. Things really have gone too far and the IFBB is hopeless when it comes to leadership.

Howie should not pay to see shows where no drug testing is done. Stay home and watch the top shows via the internet.

werent you on some oral steroids when you won your useless trophy in the 1920's ?

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: March 29, 2008, 08:53:27 AM »
werent you on some oral steroids when you won your useless trophy in the 1920's ?
have you ever won a bodybuilding show at any level?

Meltdown

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #22 on: March 29, 2008, 03:51:02 PM »
Bob says the IFBB Drug Rule is only there for looks it will NEVER be used as they DON'T Drug test Pros so everybody should just calm the Fuk down and look the other way.Drugs are good for the IFBB. ::)

Beener

• Getbig IV
« Reply #23 on: March 29, 2008, 03:56:33 PM »
Bob Chic may be correct in his view, that drugs should be kept as a NON issue in pro bodybuilding.
Why? Bob's view is based on the practical needs of the sport and how to make $$ , sell tickets and sponsers, etc. My view is based on  the legal issues  and rules aspects of pro bodybuiding.
I may be correct from a technical pt of view but Bob is correct from a practical view of what "is".
The majority of fans want to see a drug enhanced pro on stage, I admit that.
The judges and IFBB admin want, what the fans support, which makes sense .
Plus, the actual pro bodybuilders don't want to be drug free.

On a personal note, I still think extreme drug use is AGAINST everything I think bodybuilding (physique contests) SHOULD be about. But, I must confess, it has been obvious for a LONG time,that I am in a very small minority here. Thus , it doesn't matter if my views are correct or not. In the end the issue of drugs has long been settled in bodybuilding and my views represent a moot point.
I know when I have lost a battle and this one was over before it started.
Have a good weekend, Howard

Really dude these threads are geting really boring. Like fuck you keep saying you'll stop but now you're making more than ever.

Meltdown

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #24 on: March 29, 2008, 04:01:34 PM »
Yeah as boring as hearing the IFBB say they Drug Test Pros.It's in the Rules you know. ::)